Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend (2986 Views)

Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship / What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
It is a fact that we as humans cannot read each other’s thoughts. Words is one of the mediums we use to understand people’s thoughts. However, many of us in relationship use words that can hurt our partner either knowingly or unknowingly. Below are words that you must not say to your girlfriend if you really like her.

1. That chick is hot

Men can be funny sometimes and I think most time they say this unknowingly. For instance, you went out with your partner and saw a gorgeously dressed lady and before you know it, you turn to your partner and say, ‘eh’ look at that babe, she is hot”. What do you expect her to say or how do you expect her to feel? You are simply telling her she is not as beautiful as the woman you are looking at. This can make her feel inferior or not good enough for you.

2. You look like crap

You should not tell your woman she looks like crap. That is a very hard thing to say to someone you claim to love. It may not be intentional, but learn to watch what you say to your woman. It can make her angry and hurt. Even if she is looking like one, you can easily find a way around it and ask her what is wrong instead. If anything is wrong with her, she will likely let you know about.

3. You are overreacting

Telling a woman she is overreacting can be annoying, especially if she is trying to point your attention to something that is important. For instance, if she saw you with a woman in your car and try to ask questions and she gets angry in the process. Telling her she is overreacting in such situation will further aggravates matters. Even if she is overreacting, you don’t have to say it. You should try to calm her down and explain things to her. That will calm her down faster than telling her she is overreacting.

4. My Ex can….

If you are looking for a fight, try to compare your current girlfriend to your ex. For instance, telling her your ex can cook, dress or wash better than her will generate serious rancour in your relationship. It will make her feel incompetent and looked down upon. It also shows you still care about your ex.

5. I am not good enough for you

Women generally love a man who is confident. I am not good enough for you is a statement that can turn off any woman. You as a man are supposed to be confident of yourself. You are to keep your chin up and remember that you are a superstar and she is lucky to have you. Even if you are not feeling like one, acting like it will make you more like the man she wants you to be. She will help you to nurture the ego and breed real confidence that will result to becoming a better person.

www.relationshipmatters101.com

What other words do you think men should not use when speaking to their women?
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by TRADELYN: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
grin
Madam, I welcome you here!

You even gave us bonus as naa 5 you listed Ooo shocked

6. You are so useless/dull
Never disrespect her in public. Even if she's at fault, just manage the situation. Then tell her when you are alone with her.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
TRADELYN: grin
Madam, I welcome you here!

You even gave us bonus as naa 5 you listed Ooo shocked

6. You are so useless/dull
Never disrespect her in public. Even if she's at fault, just manage the situation. Then tell her when you are alone with her.

Hmmm! Thank you Sir. Good point you have there!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by rawpadgin(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
well, am about to say that no.5 to a girl
cuz i don't want her anymore

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
rawpadgin: well, am about to say that no.5 to a girl
cuz i don't want her anymore

grin @rawpadgin, what sin did she commit to deserve the heart-break?
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by rawpadgin(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
ladywriter:

grin @rawpadgin, what sin did she commit to deserve the heart-break?
I discovered that she ain't right for me
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
rawpadgin: I discovered that she ain't right for me
Hmmm!
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by Welrez(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Too many I'm sorry just take away the sweetness of the expression. In other words, use it when the situation really deserves it. Too much of anything is bad.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by bogtrotter: 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
No. 5 is good line for breaking up smiley

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by dre11(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
bogtrotter: No. 5 is good line for breaking up smiley

But
Most time its the truth nahtongue
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
dre11:

But
Most time its the truth nahtongue

Ehhh! You guys should not mistake point no. 5 for a break-up line o. It is a sentence that should not be spoken to a lady at all.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by Moblord(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2014
7. You are fat o
8. You look good today
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by lawrenceunaa: 11:34am On Sep 18, 2014
9) you looked good yesterday shocked
10) you are not goo enough for me tongue
11) if all ladies were like u i bet i would have been a rev. Father

Bonus) no even try to say no. 11 cos she fit break ya head with fry pan cheesy grin
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Moblord: 7. You are fat o
8. You look good today

Wow! Great points you have here. Thanks.
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
lawrenceunaa: 9) you looked good yesterday shocked
10) you are not goo enough for me tongue
11) if all ladies were like u i bet i would have been a rev. Father

Bonus) no even try to say no. 11 cos she fit break ya head with fry pan cheesy grin

@lawrenceunaa, Lol. grin grin grin grin, your point in No. 11 is a powerful one o. Okay, let me ask you a question, what can prompt a man to say "if all ladies were like you I bet i would have been a rev. father?

1 Like

Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by lawrenceunaa: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
ladywriter:

@lawrenceunaa, Lol. grin grin grin grin, your point in No. 11 is a powerful one o. Okay, let me ask you a question, what can prompt a man to say "if all ladies were like you I bet i would have been a rev. father?
you might not knw but i hate noise so i dislike ladies who are chatter boxes. When she keep nagging , that sentence fit commot for ya mouth cheesy
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by Moblord(m): 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
ladywriter:

Wow! Great points you have here. Thanks.
You are welcome my lady
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by Tymax(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Modified
angry
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by dre11(m): 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
ladywriter:

Ehhh! You guys should not mistake point no. 5 for a break-up line o. It is a sentence that should not be spoken to a lady at all.

But its being used as a break up line since1870
So
Why do u wanna change it in the year 2014
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by Charles4075(m): 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
The height of wickedness is telling your fat girl that God will make her bigger in a chat conversation and say Goodnite.. Chai.
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 10:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
dre11:

But its being used as a break up line since1870
So
Why do u wanna change it in the year 2014

Most men that uses it are not 100% sincere. Are they?
Re: 4 Things Never To Say To Your Girlfriend by ladywriter(f): 10:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Charles4075: The height of wickedness is telling your fat girl that God will make her bigger in a chat conversation and say Goodnite.. Chai.

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why How Many Men She Slept With Shouldn’t Matter / Is It Cool When You Are Dating Your Pastor's Daughter ?? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.