Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks (20085 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide / An Open Letter To The .Inspector General Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Nigeria Police ... there is God oh!
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by experimentist: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2014
The thing tire me o.. Na so dem dey set airways block for my private jets
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Charles4075(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Police will always be our friend till eternity.. LOL

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by POYINKOR(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2014
The IG is in acting capacity as it is now. We do not need any confirmation to know that He is in support of the menace of roadblocks. Hence is subs are on it.
The solution is to make sure that no IG of the sort is confirmed by the National Assembly. We need a minimum of 200,000 signatures per state to the NA. One of the criteria to be an IG must be NO to roadblocks. Moreover it was one of the good points of the GEJ government.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Jellyfishdude: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Charles4075: Police will always be our friend till eternity.. LOL
till da kingdom com
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Zector(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nawa ooooo
Na so one raise gun to our car as if we dey come from robery jungle.
I think Nigeria police force needs proper orientation on how to address
or deal with innocent Nigerians .

Pls IG tell your boys to stay in the barrack our street here in Lagos is
not Adamawa or Brono street where BH operates any how.

Let them them leave innocent driver alone.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
MrCork: ....do u people hav traffic light, bus and cycle lane ther in Nigeria? undecided

No, come and help the gov't to do that..
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by chuksmad(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
I have raised this issue before in this nairaland, but the admin did not bring my write up on the front page. The op is right in his observation. Road block by Nigerian police has come back again, pls the new IG should do something about it. Because it cost more harm than good, those guys are just there to collect egunje fro hapless drivers.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by khattab02: 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
metalliccards: Really frm my own point of veiw I think roadblocks as more goods dan harms, think of d CHIBOK girls if only roadblock still exist, those on duty whould ve been held 2 explain 1 or2 tins abt d incident.
made to explain tins like..

'' ogah! Whether na sack u go sack me, the guns those guys carry no be here oooooo....''
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by MrCork: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
..SAY WHAT??....u want me to leave a whole London Peckam for that Nigeria?....fogggerrrrriit...AINT HAPENIN!!! (no oofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nicepoker(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
metalliccards: Really frm my own point of veiw I think roadblocks as more goods dan harms, think of d CHIBOK girls if only roadblock still exist, those on duty whould ve been held 2 explain 1 or2 tins abt d incident.
a lady's reasoning no doubt.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
What is the ig name
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by coolvitus(m): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nigeria jaga jaga. Ds ppl ar just money conscious nothing more so if they will give way I think it will be more better to identify when the ur money or life ar on d rd. Becoz I see no difference from ur money or life from ur money or park well.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by muktarmtt(m): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
u most b in d bush who tell u dey will flow d road u most b a learner
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Facosco(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mohammed Abubakar - the best IG nigeria has ever produced
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
OP am suspecting u 2b one of d BH boys. So u want d police 2 leave d road 4u 2 transport ur arms n explosive material round d nigeria state abi. Its gud u dropped ur phone number so dat u can easily be reach. Aiding and abetting is smelling here. If they ask u 4 20 naira give den after all u pay offerin 4 church, these one are keepin d road safe 4u. Give dem moni jor, or u put one of ur brothers 4 police.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
shogat: RESURRECTION OF POLICE ROADBLOCKS IN NIGERIA: AN OPEN LETTER TO THE INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE BY FUNSHO MICHAELS
Accept my heartfelt belated congratulatory message on your appointment as the amiable and exalted Inspector General of the Nigerian Police Force. I look forward to seeing you taking the police force into greater heights under your auspices. I strongly believe that your predecessor must have relayed the good works which he started to you.

I was reluctant at first writing you this letter because the sole motive undermining this piece should not be a course of discussion or altercation in Nigeria because I think bygones should always be bygones. But sequel to your appointment about a month ago I was shocked and demoralised seeing the swift resurrection of police roadblocks that was bided farewell by the then IG Muhammed Abubakar. The ban of police roadblocks by the ex IG was greeted and welcomed by citizens across the nation but the joy was dashed immediately after the retirement of Mr. Abubakar.

It became an indispensable necessity for me to write you this letter because we the citizens are saying NO to the roadblocks we have be encountering since your assumption of office and I am positive that vast majority of Nigerians share the same view with me. Recently, I was in a car and we were stopped by men of the NPF so I summoned the courage to question one of them about the bizarre act of the roadblock but I was perplexed at his reply. He laughed and said “guy you never hear say the old oga don go and na new person dey there so we are back”. The scenario kept me wondering whether you have officially lifted the ban on roadblocks and in support of it. I will prefer you addressing the issue publicly so that we Nigerians can know your stand on the matter. I believe you should be against roadblocks because you were one of the vital officers during the tenure of Mr. Abubakar.

According to the police, why roadblocks are mounted on our roads majorly is to prevent crimes and also help to arrest criminals. This reason seems very reasonable to a genuine fight against criminals in the society but the question am asking is how sincere is the motive against setting up checkpoints or roadblocks are to officers of the Nigeria police force today? We all know that checkpoints or roadblocks are means which the police extort money from poor motorists mostly commercial drivers. Having being on break for about two years, is like the bad eggs of the Nigerian police are determined to recover that which they have lost during the regime of the former IG. They don’t even care about the embarrassment this give to themselves and to the police force as a body; the act tarnishes the image of the police. The refusal to give them money leads to assault, harassment and numerous cases have been recorded where they even open fire on the victims.

Also checkpoints or roadblocks causes’ accidents and delay in journeys, people spend long time unnecessarily moving from one place to another due to roadblocks. The essence of roadblocks is for a temporary arrest of crime and as soon as this is done it is dismantled, this is the situation in other parts of the world and removing roadblocks in Nigeria has reduced corruption in the police.

Sir, for the mantra “police is your friend” to be significant in our dear country it is wise for you to take side with the abolishment of roadblocks permanently. There is only need for the police to maintain some degree of presence on the road at all times via motorised patrols like is done in other parts of the world.

Funsho Michaels

I love you for this post. The past IG tried in this regard. as the last IG left, they flooded the streets extorting citizens. If they see that you have complete documents, they quickly wish you happy weekend even on a tuesday. you know what that means?
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
chuksfor13: OP am suspecting u 2b one of d BH boys. So u want d police 2 leave d road 4u 2 transport ur arms n explosive material round d nigeria state abi. Its gud u dropped ur phone number so dat u can easily be reach. Aiding and abetting is smelling here. If they ask u 4 20 naira give den after all u pay offerin 4 church, these one are keepin d road safe 4u. Give dem moni jor, or u put one of ur brothers 4 police.

If you have a car, you will agree with me that they dont even check your car for weapons but for money GYSB (Give yourself brain)
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by okudah(m): 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eneze1: Hope something will be done about it because it's becoming annoying
What do u think we can do abt it dear
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by okudah(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eneze1: Hope something will be done about it because it's becoming annoying
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
ikwoche:

If you have a car, you will agree with me that they dont even check your car for weapons but for money GYSB (Give yourself brain)
If ur reasonable enof, u will no dat d presence of d police alone do deter crimes n criminality. Personally, I prefer them 2b there dan nt hav dem at all considering d current security situation in d country. Ur praising d former IG cos he worked 2 pls people. Let me tell u tins are nt don dat way. If u have com accross Police Acts n Regulations u will see dat Road Blocks are lawful n is one of d major ways 2 checkmate crime, and if u think any1 is extortin u, y don't u capture d officer on camera or @least copy d name of d officer n division n c if d IG will nt react 2 dat...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by FenonetConsults: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by GANDALF1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2014

You would have helped us to produce those on duty abi. Pls, which of the road blocks are you attached to?
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Wisedata(m): 1:38am On Sep 19, 2014
Wetin b d new guy name sef
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by kk4gunners: 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
when their pocket don dry, wettin u expect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP / Angry Residents Use Native Doctor, Fetish Items To Protest In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Tiv Group To Ortom: Leave Buhari Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.