Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million (27687 Views)

APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos / Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement / Senate Summons Military Chiefs Over Seized $ 9.3m Cash  (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbhs139(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001: Cock and bull story undecided

[size=15pt] LIARS! Thunder fire them for trying to mislead/divert our attetion, we are not foolish like them undecided[/size]

Let then answer the following questions.

The above position of the Federal Government is not only ludicrous, it is laughable, untenable and a story only fit to be told to the marines. The following rhetoric posers are germane to this issue:

[b] Is it really faster and safer to do an international transaction of such magnitude by ferrying cash across the continent or by a simple wire transfer that can go through in a matter of few minutes or few hours?

If, indeed, the matter involves security issues like the purchase of arms by a foreign government like Nigeria, why was the South African Government not brought into the picture beforehand?

How could the South African Government be sure that the arms were purchased legitimately by the Nigerian government and not by insurgents if they were not officially informed beforehand?

If indeed the manufacturer(s) of such equipment was/were expecting such large amount by cash, why did they not make adequate arrangements with the authorities in South Africa to declare and clearvthe cash on arrival?

Why was money belonging to the Federal Government and meant for purchase of equipment for the Federal Government moved by a private jet and by private individuals and why were they not accompanied by the officials of the Department of State Services or the office of the National Security Adviser in official capacities?

Why would a government that is at the peak of promoting the cashless policy in our economy be the chief breaker of that policy by moving such a large amount by cash?

If, indeed, it was a legitimate transaction of the Federal Government, why were the officials of our embassy in South Africa not on hand to make the entry easier and smoother? [/b]

More here www.nairaland.com/1908089/co-k-and-bull-story-fg-smuggled#26391522

[size=15pt] And some ignoramus will come here to say GEJ till 2019

SMDH [/size]

God will bless you. And please permit me to use this your comment as references. Thanks in advance.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Realtouchnot: 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Jakpon: Obasanjo's letter was right about Jonathan's trained snipers

Offor!
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by biggmusty(m): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Who be thief who be d goat? Jona no body say make u no cover up bt stop using dumb excuse ehn u dey surfer d brain of we d smart 1s... Nigeria, great nation ruled by dumb people!

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Rilwayne001: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2014
mbhs139:

God will bless you. And please permit me to use this your comment as references. Thanks in advance.

No problem sire.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by talktimi(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: you justify it because it was fg/ayo? Where is your patriotism to Ijawland(?) and Nigeria? Honestly, I never knew you will go this low
who gives a damn about Ayo ? My stance is clear, anything that will be used to fight terrorism in Nigeria has my support.

PS ; I consider myself as first a Nigerian before any other sentiment
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2014
talktimi: who gives a damn about Ayo ? My stance is clear, anything that will be used to fight terrorism in Nigeria has my support.

PS ; I consider myself as first a Nigerian before any other sentiment
I also support you on anything that will be used to fight terrorism must be supported. That is why we need to ask questions concerning this Ayo's deal. For crying out loud blackmarket arms deal is only used by drug lords and terrorists. This weapons may be for BH or Oil bunkerers who knows? It looks too fishy

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by MarshRiley(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2014
Every country in the world does illegal arms business,I repeat,every country,even the U.S,expecially at a time when the country doesn't know who to trust anymore in this terrorism palava,am sure the reason why this doesn't go well with a lot of people is because it involves CAN....but to say ts a conspiracy?nah....we've bin complaining abt our soldiers using inferior weapons,so I still don't get all the ranting
P.S-dont quote me if you don't have anything reasonable to say
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by justinc(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2014
i will respect my leader no matter wat.oneasy lies the head that wears this cap oooo,some of u guys talking if that man is ur father you will back him up,so lets support him till the end.
good luck to good luck.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Keep the lies coming.....you think we r blind ryt?

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by DaBullIT(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: Someone desperately wants to cover up for the shady arms deal.

Oluwa is watching you people in 5D.

Follow the news from the time it broke and use more than one news website as reference , you would see there is no coverup intended

I don't like Jonathan , or CAN and i do not support either , i think its time to think from outside the box

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by talktimi(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2014
barcanista: I also support you on anything that will be used to fight terrorism must be supported. That is why we need to ask questions concerning this Ayo's deal. For crying out loud blackmarket arms deal is only used by drug lords and terrorists. This weapons may be for BH or Oil bunkerers who knows? It looks too fishy
there are many things we don't know yet, we can only wait for the fg's official statement but personally if I needed to make any black-market arms deal, south Africa would be too far for me to go.

how many military formations would 9.3 million dollars worth of weapons serve ?
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by ibro2much(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001: Cock and bull story undecided

[size=15pt] LIARS! Thunder fire them for trying to mislead/divert our attetion, we are not foolish like them undecided[/size]

Let then answer the following questions.

The above position of the Federal Government is not only ludicrous, it is laughable, untenable and a story only fit to be told to the marines. The following rhetoric posers are germane to this issue:

[b] Is it really faster and safer to do an international transaction of such magnitude by ferrying cash across the continent or by a simple wire transfer that can go through in a matter of few minutes or few hours?

If, indeed, the matter involves security issues like the purchase of arms by a foreign government like Nigeria, why was the South African Government not brought into the picture beforehand?

How could the South African Government be sure that the arms were purchased legitimately by the Nigerian government and not by insurgents if they were not officially informed beforehand?

If indeed the manufacturer(s) of such equipment was/were expecting such large amount by cash, why did they not make adequate arrangements with the authorities in South Africa to declare and clearvthe cash on arrival?

Why was money belonging to the Federal Government and meant for purchase of equipment for the Federal Government moved by a private jet and by private individuals and why were they not accompanied by the officials of the Department of State Services or the office of the National Security Adviser in official capacities?

Why would a government that is at the peak of promoting the cashless policy in our economy be the chief breaker of that policy by moving such a large amount by cash?

If, indeed, it was a legitimate transaction of the Federal Government, why were the officials of our embassy in South Africa not on hand to make the entry easier and smoother? [/b]

More here www.nairaland.com/1908089/co-k-and-bull-story-fg-smuggled#26391522

[size=15pt] And some ignoramus will come here to say GEJ till 2019

SMDH [/size]
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Chai! What's have u got to say about suffocating our cashless policy and money laundering act?
There are records of the past governors whose integrity was bedraggled for money laundering offense,
Do we still flag any respect to due process and due diligence?
If such money is seized by South African Government for real, isn't that a miss-appropriation of fund?
How did Ayo come into the scene?
Government/top military bodies were not aware due to security threat but CAN president of all person that doesn't have a role to play in provision of security was much aware, think about it and ask urself a conscious and sincere question, then u will know who is fooling who.

What choice do we have than to take whatever is relayed to us as presidential release.
Abeg I don carry this headache over Naija wahala for too long jare.
Where is the new topic abeg.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by experimentist: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Space booked.. Back to reading topic.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by omenka(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2014
henryblaze25: Left to me, I believe the position Of FG. If they wanted to smuggle that money, nobody would have been able to know
Haba, even Jonathan admits "America will know, it is their money"!!

And how convenient for them to finally put the blame of the bust on the Americans!! grin

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by experimentist: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Oga Jonaaaaa whyyyyyyyyy!

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Rose111: 8:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Mofuckers never loved us bleeped ey never loved us u aint know now you know now..................................
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by authority2006(m): 8:57am On Sep 18, 2014
talktimi: I fully support this arms deal. BH sympathizers are already running scared like toddlers about to be spanked on the yansh grin
Stop deceiving yourself, if Boko Haram sympathisers truly exist, it can only be found in your household.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized
$9.3 Million
by henryblaze25 ( m ): 6:17am
Left to me, I believe the position Of FG. If they
wanted to smuggle that money, nobody would
have been able to know

I tend to agree with you. After all, all the monies stolen by our past RULERS, how many of them were intercepted? If buying arms from any source and by any means necessary will help win this WAR, Mr President you have my full support.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by BabaO2: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
talktimi: I fully support this arms deal. BH sympathizers are already running scared like toddlers about to be spanked on the yansh grin
Arms deal is good, but from south Africa?, SMH, Nigeria is a shameless dumping ground of all sorts of rubish. But why some self appointed and self seeking personal prominence "CAN" defending what is outside their understanding. Christians are not mediocre and will not support and put forward a mediocre again for a sensitive position like leadership of a big and important Nation like Nigeria.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2014
talktimi: there are many things we don't know yet, we can only wait for the fg's official statement but personally if I needed to make any black-market arms deal, south Africa would be too far for me to go.

how many military formations would 9.3 million dollars worth of weapons serve ?
you see I am not convicting the government yet but my concerns are...

Why use Ayo's jet-a privately owned jet and not commercial? That alone is against the Law of NCAA and ICAO

2. What happened to the numerous Presidential fleet and Commercial fleets?
3. What wasn't Col Sambo Dasuki(Rtd) the National Security Adviser or the CDS part of the trip in their official capacity?
4. Was the DSS and NIA notified?
5. Did all these pass through the Senate/Reps?
6. Sending money through Bank or online transaction is always better both in logistics and comfort that carrying cash around. Why do otherwise?
7. Has any government in Nigeria been in such a mess before?

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Shollay20(m): 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Visit this lovely website http://Shollay20.binbox.io/
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by aorseer: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
How on earth do u think you will move America's money about without their knowledge. America will surely know about it

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2014
simpleseyi: Obviously, Goodluck Jonathan and Oritshejafor have been smuggling arms and ammunition for the militants is South-South in preparation for a full-scale war against the united Federal Republic of Nigeria. This was how ex-Col Emeka Ojukwu started acquiring arms for the Biafran before he finally declared secession. We all know how the part one of the story ended, part two is about to start.

Goodluck Jonathan and Oritshejafor have re-started the project that ex-Col Emeka Ojukwu could not finish. The united Federal Republic of Nigeria is waiting. The North is strategising; we, the West are watching. When the South-South and South-East finally declare war on the united Federal Republic of Nigeria, the North will respond as appropriate. Brave men in the spirit of Muritala Muhammed, Theophilus Danjuma, T.Y. Oseni and co are still many in the North. The West will come and do the same thing we did between 1967 and 1970. The likes of Benjamin Adekunle and Olusegun Obasanjo are still many in the West.

If you think the South-South and South-East militants can face the united Federal Republic of Nigeria soldiers, navy and air-force; then I wish you goodluck. But, let me give you a hint; store lot of food ; the united Federal Republic of Nigeria will never give you food because soldiers don't feed their enemies. Don't make the same mistake twice.
Why are you scared of ND, MB and SE separation? Thought you said you want ur o'odua republic!
Mind you, these days countries don't need a war to separate, ask Scotland.
U can merge with the NE and NW if u like, but don't include the MB 'cos they are with us, gerrit?

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by peleson: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2014
banki:

Am sure you know you didn't just make sense sometimes its ok to shut up....

There are laws that guide the movement of cash if the money wasn't being smuggled why was it not declared......?
there are laws that guide arms purchases.... if it wasn't illegal why was it not followed?
U talk bullsh!tt! Have u not heard that the US n western powers r blocking Nigeria legitimate purchase of arms to ridicule our government? Have u heard from western media such as cnn,bbc giving credits on our efforts in winning the bokoharam war recently or overcoming Ebola? But they are always bashing our fg like they v bin doing nothing. Open ur eyes n b patriotic!

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2014
south Africa sells arms to countries such as US and UK,for your information SA is one of the top 10 best arms manufacturers globally

BabaO2:
Arms deal is good, but from south Africa?, SMH, Nigeria is a shameless dumping ground of all sorts of rubish. But why some self appointed and self seeking personal prominence "CAN" defending what is outside their understanding. Christians are not mediocre and will not support and put forward a mediocre again for a sensitive position like leadership of a big and important Nation like Nigeria.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by nextdoor84(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2014
People come out here to spit rubbish..do you want the government to come to your house to brief you about the supposed arms deal!! Nigerians aren't just smart...I blame GEJ for allowing his administration to be scrutinized this much..Act like OBJ,GEJ

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by BabaO2: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
EroZA:
south Africa sells arms to countries such as US and UK,for your information SA is one of the top 10 best arms manufacturers globally

Why dont you include Germany, spain and Russia as importer of arms from SA. Typical Nigerian, always saying what they dont know with pride..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/02/arms-exporters-ratify-treaty-un

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by bamosagie(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Be it illegal or legal arm deal, the most important thing is to arm our soldiers with effective and functional weapon against Boko haram sect. is that not what everyone have been agitating.

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
what are you disputing?

BabaO2:
Why dont you include Germany, spain and Russia as importer of arms from SA. Typical Nigerian, always saying what they dont know with pride..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/02/arms-exporters-ratify-treaty-un

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by nwaanambra1(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2014
mmm! mmm!!

those living in abuja, kano, lagos and other major cities should be very careful and watchful lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

Una know say whenever govt commit gbege bomb go start dey go off allover the place to divert our attention from the main issue on ground!

no bi me talkam ooo na based on past history of looting like 20b dollar cbn looting and others!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Hamazz1: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
i ve alwys maintained that in a country were d citizens knw wht they wnt are objective n nuetral minded d opposition doesnt need to campaign to in other to dethrone this incompetent drunk..u wake up every morning n its 1 bad news after another. few positive things r happening in ds country.if ds is d nigeria my father laid dwn is life 4then dad u died 4noting a sacrifice in vain.

Lere Olayinka Lambasts Falana Over Fayose's Frozen account / Technical Hitch Disrupts Buhari’s Speech At UN Event / James Duddridge: UK Facilitated Training, Supplied Equipment To SARS

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74