Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million (27695 Views)

APC Kicks As Jonathan Meets Adams, Obanikoro In Lagos / Senate Summons Service Chiefs Over Election Postponement / Senate Summons Military Chiefs Over Seized $ 9.3m Cash  (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by raziboi(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
Rilwayne001: Cock and bull story undecided

[size=15pt] LIARS! Thunder fire them for trying to mislead/divert our attetion, we are not foolish like them undecided[/size]

Let then answer the following questions.

The above position of the Federal Government is not only ludicrous, it is laughable, untenable and a story only fit to be told to the marines. The following rhetoric posers are germane to this issue:

[b] Is it really faster and safer to do an international transaction of such magnitude by ferrying cash across the continent or by a simple wire transfer that can go through in a matter of few minutes or few hours?

If, indeed, the matter involves security issues like the purchase of arms by a foreign government like Nigeria, why was the South African Government not brought into the picture beforehand?

How could the South African Government be sure that the arms were purchased legitimately by the Nigerian government and not by insurgents if they were not officially informed beforehand?

If indeed the manufacturer(s) of such equipment was/were expecting such large amount by cash, why did they not make adequate arrangements with the authorities in South Africa to declare and clearvthe cash on arrival?

Why was money belonging to the Federal Government and meant for purchase of equipment for the Federal Government moved by a private jet and by private individuals and why were they not accompanied by the officials of the Department of State Services or the office of the National Security Adviser in official capacities?

Why would a government that is at the peak of promoting the cashless policy in our economy be the chief breaker of that policy by moving such a large amount by cash?

If, indeed, it was a legitimate transaction of the Federal Government, why were the officials of our embassy in South Africa not on hand to make the entry easier and smoother? [/b]

More here www.nairaland.com/1908089/co-k-and-bull-story-fg-smuggled#26391522

[size=15pt] And some ignoramus will come here to say GEJ till 2019

SMDH [/size]

and u think GEJ won't still win.......

oke!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Forwetinnah: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Kelechi Deca..,The Fear Of America Is Beginning Of Wisdom!

When I said recently that America is the chief architect of terror on earth today, some viewed me as shallow.
It is now very obvious that the United State of America and its allies are the reason why the Boko haram islamist insurgency have been unable to crush by the Jonathan govt.
America has notorious allies everywhere. And their main ally in Nigeria today is the Muslim North and APC party. The Northern islamist governors and Northern Elders forum.
Recently, 13 Northern governors swarmed America for a mission no one is yet to decipher today. Not long after their return and meetings with American govt officials, figures like Hillary Clinton, John Macain and others started making antagonistic gestures and remarks against Jonathan govt.
Barack Obama have severally resisted a visit to Nigeria in all his global tours. He showed openly that his govt and country is against Jonathan govt.
He has severally made passive remarks about helping Nigeria to combat Boko haram. When Obama was making war comments against global terror networks, he clearly avoided the mention of Boko haram.
Now it has been revealed that America has been putting a cog in the wheel of Nigeria's effort in buying arms and military equipments to fight Boko haram.
Military sources have revealed how America have refused all Nigeria's efforts to purchase weapons to fight Boko haram, and even went as far as preventing their allies like Israel and others from selling to Nigeria. Hence, the desperate method employed by the Nigerian govt to purchase the weapons from arm companies with raw cash in South Africa with the siezed $9.3m.
If you still blame Jonathan for the murderous Boko haram with these startling revelations, then you don't love yourself.
America, the islamist North and their APC party are the reason why Boko haram has continued to wax ever stronger.

- Okey Igbokwe

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by 14(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
sexzskil:
I greatly doubt this, even if it is true, its because Whites dominates the major industries in the country. Blacks can (excluding me) can never do anything incredible, they just too inferior!

Maybe you need to read this Mr, http://www.armscor.co.za/About/CEOMessage.asp
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by 14(m): 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
sexzskil:
I greatly doubt this, even if it is true, its because Whites dominates the major industries in the country. Blacks can (excluding me) can never do anything incredible, they just too inferior!

Thats why nigeria will never go anywhere, brainwashed.

Check who runs this arms company, http://www.armscor.co.za/About/OrgStructure.asp

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by 14(m): 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
sexzskil:

You think if Nigeria is sleeping so is SA, you are damn wrong my man. Check this one, http://www.denel.co.za/
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by andyanders: 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
What does it take for a T/T through the Apex bank to the receiving bank for such an amount if it was an urgent issue?

How can a true and legit government explain to the world that by moving such cash without security by a chartered jet was the best option to make payment to an arms dealing company? Will they tell me that such a company does not have a bank account? The only thing here is for them to tell the zombie CBN governor to now start charging COT on ATM transactions.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by 14(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2014
neyobills:

Interesting.....no one in their right minds would think SA sells arms to countries such as US when Lockheed Martin Corp of the US which makes about $45billion annually from arms sales which is probably half of SA annual budget is still in buisness,there is no SA company on the list of the first 100 arms company in the world neither is SA among the top 10 arms producers in the world,if u in doubt,google is ur friend.

The only thing SA can sell to other countries is probably HIV.

Maybe you need to visit these websites, you will wake up from this dream of yours

www.denel.co.za

www.armscor.co.za

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by neyobills: 3:23am On Sep 19, 2014
EroZA: Oh really,so your confisticated oil money wanted to buy HIV?i can't believe my short sentence caused such sweatings....take your spectacle and read this again,SA is one of the top ten BEST ARMS MANUFACTURERS

Rooivalk attack helicopter is regarded as one of the top 10 best attack helicopters globally,The G5 and G6 guns are regarded as the best,SA produces best armored vehicles...note that South African armed forces don't use AK47s and don't use Toyota hiluxes...since you are a Nigerian,you will find this difficult to understand,remember SA and Nigeria are not in the same league...

Nigeria and SA are definitely not in the same league cos as it stands right now,Nigeria is Africa's no 1 peacekeeping contributing nation,having contributed to more than 40 peacekeeping operations across the world with our AK47's and toyota hiluxes,no wonder we were relected as chairman of UN peacekeeping operations panel in Feb 2014,a position which will elude SA Army for many years to come even with your Tavor TAR 21 rifle weilding sissies.

Where were your sissies when Nigerian boots were on ground for peacekeeping in your backyard Namibia?

Who cares about ur Denel Rooivalks when we have US Apache's that are obviously the best and made by Boeing Corp of the US,so its highly delusional for u guys to think they count on u for arms cos they do have better equipments and have absolute no need for ur obsolete Rooivalks.

All I want from u guys is to do me a favor,stop building any castles in the air for yourselves and your overhyped sissies.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:05am On Sep 19, 2014
A govt that is so inept that it or its sympathizers get involved in such dubious fraudulent acts is of all inept govt,most miserable.
I have long advocated for our armed forces to be outsourced. This proves my argument. If the security chiefs made the sort of comments the article adduced then they should be summarily dismissed and without benefit. Since when did arms purchase become so pedestrian?
How come no one catches BH when they purchase theirs but the govt is caught pants down when it goes arms shopping?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:09am On Sep 19, 2014
andyanders: What does it take for a T/T through the Apex bank to the receiving bank for such an amount if it was an urgent issue?

How can a true and legit government explain to the world that by moving such cash without security by a chartered jet was the best option to make payment to an arms dealing company? Will they tell me that such a company does not have a bank account? The only thing here is for them to tell the zombie CBN governor to now start charging COT on ATM transactions.
They wanted to save on the cot that the sour looking CBN govt would have charged on the transaction,so they decided to move it in cash. You know it is public money and they have to make judicious use of it.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:10am On Sep 19, 2014
Forwetinnah: @Kelechi Deca..,The Fear Of America Is Beginning Of Wisdom!

When I said recently that America is the chief architect of terror on earth today, some viewed me as shallow.
It is now very obvious that the United State of America and its allies are the reason why the Boko haram islamist insurgency have been unable to crush by the Jonathan govt.
America has notorious allies everywhere. And their main ally in Nigeria today is the Muslim North and APC party. The Northern islamist governors and Northern Elders forum.
Recently, 13 Northern governors swarmed America for a mission no one is yet to decipher today. Not long after their return and meetings with American govt officials, figures like Hillary Clinton, John Macain and others started making antagonistic gestures and remarks against Jonathan govt.
Barack Obama have severally resisted a visit to Nigeria in all his global tours. He showed openly that his govt and country is against Jonathan govt.
He has severally made passive remarks about helping Nigeria to combat Boko haram. When Obama was making war comments against global terror networks, he clearly avoided the mention of Boko haram.
Now it has been revealed that America has been putting a cog in the wheel of Nigeria's effort in buying arms and military equipments to fight Boko haram.
Military sources have revealed how America have refused all Nigeria's efforts to purchase weapons to fight Boko haram, and even went as far as preventing their allies like Israel and others from selling to Nigeria. Hence, the desperate method employed by the Nigerian govt to purchase the weapons from arm companies with raw cash in South Africa with the siezed $9.3m.
If you still blame Jonathan for the murderous Boko haram with these startling revelations, then you don't love yourself.
America, the islamist North and their APC party are the reason why Boko haram has continued to wax ever stronger.

- Okey Igbokwe

You need to take your pills.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Kennyfancy: fool, u want dem to tell u dat dey ar going to buy arms abi ?, so dat u go go tell dat ur boko mallam whn dey stay bush make dem ready abi, gwoza 4 u
You need a brain transplant.
In your mind,this is the most discreet way of buying arms to fight the insurgency?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:18am On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: I also support you on anything that will be used to fight terrorism must be supported. That is why we need to ask questions concerning this Ayo's deal. For crying out loud blackmarket arms deal is only used by drug lords and terrorists. This weapons may be for BH or Oil bunkerers who knows? It looks too fishy
Stop making plenty sense in public. The Nigerian govt has banned it. You might be arrested for not being as stupid as the thieves in power.
How did we end up with these band of barbarians in power? They can't even steal and launder discreetly.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by mbulela: 4:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Vessi:
Chill, 2019 is not far away so you can elect your candidate.
About now, no vacancy in Aso rock till 2019.
Obviously no vacancy for stupidity,ineptness and utter cluelessness. We are being served all that in full. How did you this man earn a PhD?
In saner climes,the aviation chiefs and security chiefs would have been fired within 24hrs for this mess. This is a worse embarrassment than any thing else in recent times.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 19, 2014
You have US apache made in the US ,we have rooivalk made in SA,do you notice the difference?currently SA soldiers are with the UN missions in Congo and Sudan,where are yours?remember my point was only to inform the doubters that SA produces some of the best military equipments recognized globally...as expected people like you are throwing rockets on me nevertheless I do have time for this,lets keep the momentum going,talking about SA and Nigeria not in the same league...SA is with the brics and G20 countries...

neyobills:

Nigeria and SA are definitely not in the same league cos as it stands right now,Nigeria is Africa's no 1 peacekeeping contributing nation,having contributed to more than 40 peacekeeping operations across the world with our AK47's and toyota hiluxes,no wonder we were relected as chairman of UN peacekeeping operations panel in Feb 2014,a position which will elude SA Army for many years to come even with your Tavor TAR 21 rifle weilding sissies.

Where were your sissies when Nigerian boots were on ground for peacekeeping in your backyard Namibia?

Who cares about ur Denel Rooivalks when we have US Apache's that are obviously the best and made by Boeing Corp of the US,so its highly delusional for u guys to think they count on u for arms cos they do have better equipments and have absolute no need for ur obsolete Rooivalks.

All I want from u guys is to do me a favor,stop building any castles in the air for yourselves and your overhyped sissies.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by chrisblack: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Help u guys are all funny.it is very clear that the money involved was not meant for weapons s as they want us to believe.the amount of money was just $9.8m ,how much weapon where they going to buy with it,may be pistol. Look at the amount involved and the secrecy with which it was done.the money was laundered .even from movies money are always wired transferred to a bank in places like cayman island were there is no much oversight by global agencies. What military equipment are they going to buy with 9.8 that is going to be used by the army .is it a tank,jet, figther helicopter, good ones cost more than this.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by hotwax: 7:17am On Sep 19, 2014
I think this is for replenishing Boko-haram weapon cache. FG=Boko-haram sponsor
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
World class

14:

You think if Nigeria is sleeping so is SA, you are damn wrong my man. Check this one, http://www.denel.co.za/
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
successking:

Most of the funds transfers in today's business environment is done through SWIFT because of its widely acceptance due to openness and transparency upon which the funds are transferred.

Making reference to SWIFT was never a mistake or using word out of context, it's just that you lack understanding.
You're arguing with someone that thinks he knows it all. If you're an engineer by profession and you start talking about buildings and tunnels, I bet anything he'll argue with you. Same if a Doctor came on the scene and started talking about Kidneys, @Mannyforlife will definitely have something to say about operations and how internal organs function. That's just him. He knows how to do only three things perfectly: Tribalism, Religious bigotry, and arguing endlessly.

P.S: Both of you have no idea what you're talking about.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Rilwayne001: 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
kipesco:

I don't think the FG in any way blamed the US or show a valid proof.
Let me ask u has the FG addressed the nation about this.
Y r u behaving as if u did not go to school. Reason like a scholar n stop been washed by people.

Please read this and tell me your view on it
www.nairaland.com/1909914/nigerian-govt-explanation-unacceptable-south-africa
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by tefund(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
JUST WONDERING HOW MANY RIFLE CAN $9.8USD BUY
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Forwetinnah: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
mbulela:

You need to take your pills.

The same shii:tt you're on right?
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
chrisblack: Help u guys are all funny.it is very clear that the money involved was not meant for weapons s as they want us to believe.the amount of money was just $9.8m ,how much weapon where they going to buy with it,may be pistol. Look at the amount involved and the secrecy with which it was done.the money was laundered .even from movies money are always wired transferred to a bank in places like cayman island were there is no much oversight by global agencies. What military equipment are they going to buy with 9.8 that is going to be used by the army .is it a tank,jet, figther helicopter, good ones cost more than this.

$9.3Million is chicken change in Nigerian corruption circles that it needs to be transported with 2 Private Jets, 3 individuals and an Israeli Arms dealer. On a good day, You find that kind of money in the trunk of a Lexus Jeep owned by a Govt Official driving down Victoria Island.

This incident bears the hallmark of terrorism written all over it.
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
tefund:
JUST WONDERING HOW MANY RIFLE CAN $9.8USD BUY

Enough to fund terrorist groups and further destabilize Northern Nigeria, while playing the religious cards, squarely placing the blame on Northerners, and blaming Muslims for problems other faiths instigated/caused.

Where is Henry Okah when you need him?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by neyobills: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
EroZA: You have US apache made in the US ,we have rooivalk made in SA,do you notice the difference?currently SA soldiers are with the UN missions in Congo and Sudan,where are yours?remember my point was only to inform the doubters that SA produces some of the best military equipments recognized globally...as expected people like you are throwing rockets on me nevertheless I do have time for this,lets keep the momentum going,talking about SA and Nigeria not in the same league...SA is with the brics and G20 countries...

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by iterator25: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
EroZA: You have US apache made in the US ,we have rooivalk made in SA,do you notice the difference?currently SA soldiers are with the UN missions in Congo and Sudan,where are yours? remember my point was only to inform the doubters that SA produces some of the best military equipments recognized globally...as expected people like you are throwing rockets on me nevertheless I do have time for this,lets keep the momentum going,talking about SA and Nigeria not in the same league...SA is with the brics and G20 countries...

do you know Nigeria contributes the highest troops in the world to UN peacekeeping? stop being deluded ..when it comes to peace keeping on the continent, we're not mates

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by kipesco(m): 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Please read this and tell me your view on it
www.nairaland.com/1909914/nigerian-govt-explanation-unacceptable-south-africa
There u go again, its no truth until FG comes clearly on air.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ok...

iterator25: do you know Nigeria contributes the highest troops in the world to UN peacekeeping? stop being deluded ..when it comes to peace keeping on the continent, we're not mates
Re: Jonathan Meets Security Chiefs Over Seized $9.3 Million by Sagamite(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
You would soon here the person say he is setting up a committee to determine if it was corruption.

Corruption is not stealing tinz. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Ngige Launches YuBoss To Create Jobs To Nigerian Youths(Pics) / Clash Between Fulani And Berom Natives In Plateau. Villagers Killed. Photos / AVM Omenyi Goes To Jail For Receiving N136m Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.