Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60248 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by limamintruth: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Project400: Interesting

Though i am not one, i respect the catholic church alot. But i dont support the step they took with regards to leaving CAN. Its very wrong IMHO.
BTW, it is a known fact that when the catholic church headed the association, it wasnt all rosy and not all of the major denominations agreed with its method of administration at the time, but because of the love of christ that binds us all together in perfect harmony, all other christian bodies were united under it.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2014
freshness2020:
I read it straight down! This is just a case of kettle calling pot black! None of them is innocent!
No wonder! Mahatma Ghandi of blessed memory said and I quote "I hate Ūя̲̅ Christian, but like Ūя̲̅ Christ" am not here to condemn anybody but just to give a piece of my mind!
@bolded, you guys should stop using that phrase inappropriately just to score point, making people to accept 'okay thats how it is'....#manipulation in the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by asodeboyede(m): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Dead News...

Between Jesus planted, died and His coming back for the church and not an association!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by experimentist: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2014
How CAN they say that! Don't they know that the spring bling lcey nicey Jesus piece wearing Snoop Dogg-looking superfly pastor is a top notch above the law fellow? They better be back to their senses cry

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Amandbob(f): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Ur fellow Roman catholic, Bishop matthew kukah once said a situation wil grow from bad 2 worst wen d gud ppl say notin. Dats y d Muslim dominated us al dis while cos u clergy men we're busy or too afraid 2 speakup bt now dey know dat any misdid wil b opposed immediately. Y do u tink d sultan n JNI prefer d Roman catholic bishop to pst Ayo cos ur Bishop wil alwaz bow 2 dem while its Christian who r bin killed. Bt even wen a newspaper said somtin abt der prophet dey strtd killin xtians n non of der imams said anytin. Am a Roman catholaic bt am hapi wit pst Ayo cos 4d first ever d muslim hav der equal, instantly put dem we're dey blong

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Frankestein08(m): 9:18am On Sep 18, 2014
I don't know why people find it hard to fathom things nowadays you should nt be blaming the Pentecostal church or the Catholic church, the problem is when the head is bad the body goes down with it...the Catholic church right from its start has never supported or joined politics so I think they made the right decision by pulling out. the CAN is a political association not a Christian association. Ayo is a politician & is also related to the seized plane with loads of cash which if ws not noticed would ve been used to buy arms & dat raises sme question, who re d arms for? who owns the cash? well as usual he denied not knwin of it, even d jet given to him as a gift till dis moment we don't knw who gave it to him & you say He's working for God...to hell with him!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by synergycom19: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2014
hensben: exactly, by cursing and binding, they are causing more harm to the society, christian=christ-like, He preached love, caring, forgiveness, giving,repentance, et al and when He was about to die on the cross He said 'its finish'. But today what do we have, prosperity preaching, tight preaching, church business, dressing provocatively to church, ladies wearing fitted trouser and tops to church, prophesying to politician that he will win this coming election when me n you know him go rig himself into power. e.g this happened in edo state, why? all in the name of seed and tight and mingling with politicians who are blood suckers. I keep saying this, pentecostals brought worldly life to church. Its good that churches are in all corner in nigeria but were is the effect, things are getting worse, crimes, baby factory, boko haram, assassin, looting, et al (business minded pastors everywhere) anybody that can speak in tongue, quote genesis to revelation automatically claiming pastor tag, what happened to making outreach to people, evangelize from houses to houses, nation to nation, must you own a church, God doesnt call this people to be pastor again, they now call HIM. church is now family business, when the husband dies the wife or first son takes over instead of one the elder/assistant pastor...okay.
The Catholic are also 70% guilty of same thing.Am a Catholic

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2014
safarigirl: NFCS does
Lol.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Opiosko: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2014
chinex276: The xtian faith has really suffered since d days of diz penticostal churches...
1. They loot their poor members lyk no other.
2. Their pastors are the chief bangas of choir girl's assss.
3. Fake miracles lyk no mans bizness.
4. They tend 2 over exaggerate everything in d bible 2 suit them nd their pocket.
5. They are gr8 customers 2 witch doctors.
Lyk someONe said said, there r only 2 church in d entire universe- THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND OTHERS.
Actually, it's the church of Rome that corrupted christainity. Todays Roman catholic church is an image worshipping cult masqurading as a church. Catholics are not christains. Period.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2014
U definitely do nt watch d news

Get off watchn kim kardashian or BBA and just maybe there may be hope for u yet
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Akshow: GEJ is not the first xtian president of Naija and by his grace won't be the last. He has succeeded in dividing Nigerians along ethnic, regional and most unfortunately, religious lines.

Never in d history of this great country has CAN been politicised. Obj ruled for 8yrs and CAN wasn't a wing of his govt.

I'm in full support of Catholics for pulling out of this body that is headed by a corrupt, worldly, American rapper wanna be.
God bless you greatly.

CAN- politics. undecided

#Teamcatholictillitsnowsinugheli#

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by fairheven: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2014
And God said: "LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE,but Nigeria Christian leaders said in reversal:"LET US MAKE GOD IN OUR OWN IMAGE" cool coolal this bling-bling,shine-shine bobo pastors

somtimes I wonder WU does more bling bling grin..Oritshejafor or Davido? grin...father forgive them for they "KNOW"wt they are doing cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by gebest: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..
u THINK u prefer Jesus!!!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Amaechi5(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Ur fellow Roman catholic, Bishop matthew kukah once said a situation wil grow from bad 2 worst wen d gud ppl say notin. Dats y d Muslim dominated us al dis while cos u clergy men we're busy or too afraid 2 speakup bt now dey know dat any misdid wil b opposed immediately. Y do u tink d sultan n JNI prefer d Roman catholic bishop to pst Ayo cos ur Bishop wil alwaz bow 2 dem while its Christian who r bin killed. Bt even wen a newspaper said somtin abt der prophet dey strtd killin xtians n non of der imams said anytin. Am a Roman catholaic bt am hapi wit pst Ayo cos 4d first ever d muslim hav der equal, instantly put dem we're dey blong
real Catholic hardly say ROMAN Catholic but rather CATHOLIC.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2014
synergycom19:
The Catholic are also 70% guilty of same thing.Am a Catholic
NEVER! get ur facts right and u re not a catholic sir

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Hasselbaink: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2014
asamaigho:

even d mary woshipper still d clain to ne christians......raaabbish

angry
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Okudiover(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
I think I prefer Jesus..

We don't like you neither.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by naijaboiy: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
FrankySnow: God bless you greatly.

CAN- politics. undecided

#Teamcatholictillitsnowsinugheli#
gringringrin
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by abacus(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Charles4075: . Bro, nice one.. Abeg make them give you 70beans and 120 plaintain with 2 legend make you take dey or you go dey with this one? wink

Salivating already...
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
naijaboiy:
gringringrin
Fellow derailer you don reach here? Don't derail this thread o, this is a very serious thread u know. tongue grin
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by emmymdk: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
MadCow1: Good move..

Though I am not catholic, I respect their traditional mode of worship.. CAN is now a political group and not a Christian association.

God bless you... But wait o! Na "madcow" be ur nick name? grin lipsrsealed
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Ur fellow Roman catholic, Bishop matthew kukah once said a situation wil grow from bad 2 worst wen d gud ppl say notin. Dats y d Muslim dominated us al dis while cos u clergy men we're busy or too afraid 2 speakup bt now dey know dat any misdid wil b opposed immediately. Y do u tink d sultan n JNI prefer d Roman catholic bishop to pst Ayo cos ur Bishop wil alwaz bow 2 dem while its Christian who r bin killed. Bt even wen a newspaper said somtin abt der prophet dey strtd killin xtians n non of der imams said anytin. Am a Roman catholaic bt am hapi wit pst Ayo cos 4d first ever d muslim hav der equal, instantly put dem we're dey blong
i know ur type. ok since ur violent, rude and political president, are things not getting worse, how is nigeria n nigerians fairing generally today..abegi
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v:
...Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them...
My dear I dont know what you mean by that but that church in question is th3 biggest "state" to fear after the US of A. I doubt if any "congression" will be that powerful on world stage in years to come not even the Church of England. If only Muslims could clean up their image and form a united front.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by champman(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
nice
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by champman(m): 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.
nice
[left][quote author=Pk001]Old Story. Who cares nice
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
I think I prefer Jesus..

I don't like CAN, I don't like Ayo.

I like Catholic.

I like Jesus.

If you hate a church, how will you like Jesus since he said church is his body(body of christ).

Confusion101

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by switsylver: 9:34am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.
i'm sorry for you
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by naijaboiy: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2014
FrankySnow: Fellow derailer you don reach here? Don't derail this thread o, this is a very serious thread u know. tongue grin
Yes Ma grin

I was just wondering when it will ever snow in ughelli grin

Me sef be catholic till the sun rises in the north and sets in the south
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2014
na dem sabi weda CAN or PFN the only true way to follow in JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2014
naijaboiy:
Yes Ma grin

I was just wondering when it will ever snow in ughelli grin

Me sef be catholic till the sun rises in the north and sets in the south
You and I know that it will never Snow in ughelli but let's not underestimate the power of God o, it can even snow today. tongue

I see you shared a post on my orabelle's diary yesterday ( short history of St. Charles lwanga). You try. wink grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by hensben(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Opiosko: Actually, it's the church of Rome that corrupted christainity. Todays Roman catholic church is an image worshipping cult masqurading as a church. Catholics are not christains. Period.
so who are now christians? is it bling bling pastors, prosperity, tight n seed preaching pastors? christians=christ-like, are pentecostal churches behaving or living that way? u think catholic church starts existing yesterday. oga you know nothing about cathoilc,i call this here n say talk, its just like you telling your grand father his life style when he(your grand father) was young, which is not possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.