Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60246 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by switsylver: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron:

christianity has never been the same since the arrival of pentecostal movement. . .
what do u expect from an organisation formed from man's curiosity to gratify their purse, when anybody can stand up any day and own a church. No order, no procedure, just anything goes forgetting that order is the 1st law in heaven

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
I see no reason why a respected pastor would go on air to publicly declear his support for a particular person or party. When CAN was formed, they never gave them an act to be headed by any party or the people's Democratic party. Politics have come into the picture of the Christian community and for sure i do not for a day blame the move by my Catholic friends and Bishop in disassociating themself from CAN. The christian body is one and so politics shouldnt come into the picture. This is my humble motion.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Arysexy(m): 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Ur fellow Roman catholic, Bishop matthew kukah once said a situation wil grow from bad 2 worst wen d gud ppl say notin. Dats y d Muslim dominated us al dis while cos u clergy men we're busy or too afraid 2 speakup bt now dey know dat any misdid wil b opposed immediately. Y do u tink d sultan n JNI prefer d Roman catholic bishop to pst Ayo cos ur Bishop wil alwaz bow 2 dem while its Christian who r bin killed. Bt even wen a newspaper said somtin abt der prophet dey strtd killin xtians n non of der imams said anytin. Am a Roman catholaic bt am hapi wit pst Ayo cos 4d first ever d muslim hav der equal, instantly put dem we're dey blong

U are never a Catholic, what do u mean by ' ur fellow ' and ' Roman Catholic ' stop lieing just to pass a msg.

Bishop Martin kukah finished obj during d burial of Stella obasanjo, that's the duty of Christian leaders, condemn when the govt erred and commend when they perform.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Olong(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron:

christianity has never been the same since the arrival of pentecostal movement. . .
A good occurrence.....!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by tomiobj(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
hater
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Samgreguc(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..
and u hate(don't like) Christians(Christ followers)?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by zicoraads: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Goke7: Though I have a lot of reservations about Pastor Ayo, I have said it before on this forum that the Catholics are just hypocritical because they are not the one heading CAN for now, they were never in support of Pastor Ayo becoming the leader of CAN from day one. The former President of CAN, a catholic bishop was also a strong supporter of the Government then, so what's their problem, must they be the one leading CAN all the time?

Catholics should stop this holier than thou attitude, we also know all what their bishops are into all over the world!
I had to like, share and quote your post! You spoke my mind. And I love the bold parts of your post. God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Alexk2(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2014
you said he is politicizing the body, but i think you are the one politicizing affiars within can...how can you explain calling a peace meeting with muslims without inviting the can president?..if you are reading this, i'll like you to knw that you arent bigger than can, nt bigger than Jesus; the head of the church.

you said he was given a jet without telling you who was the donor...my bible dont teach me that, pls. It'll be so so unchristianly to tell the whole world who donated it. If it was donated by pdp or GEJ as was some suggested, leave him to God; that is how a true Christian leader will act.
You said his actns and comments are politically motivated; pls., give us example as i have only seen the only can leader in years who was dogged in his stand against christian persecution especially in the north. pls and pls., give us example.

I am not a fan of Pastor Ayo but when som1 is doing a nyc job letz encourage him.....you are supposed to be men of God, behave like it, pls...I hate this type of nigeria politics you are bringing to the christian body...i look forward to an examplary christian leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by franugo(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
experimentist: How can they say CAN they say that! Don't they know that the know that the spring bling lcey nicey Jesus piece wearing Snoop Dogg-looking superfly pastor is a top notch above the law fellow? They better be back to their senses cry

abeg anybody understand dis fellow

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by troy20(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron:

remember the olden days christianity, it was about missionaries, salvation, love, giving, helping the poor, repentance, forgiveness, etc..
today it's by fire by fire, thunder fire my enemy, holy ghost fire my neighbor, let my enemy die, bind the spirit of ancestor, tithe tithe tithe bla bla bla!!!!
madness!!!

true brother.penticostalism and its 21st century madness is fast robbing people faith in God.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Samgreguc(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
freshness2020: Salt to injury?
why giving us Ūя̲̅ reasons now?
we should be mending our houses instead of throwing jabs at each other! No one is void of any allegation ♈όϋ claim not even the catholic..everyone is guilty!
act smart pls. It's 2012 report and nt 2014.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by joseph1832(m): 9:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Proverbs 29:2 Reads: When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice but when the wicked rule, the people mourn.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Cholison(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
His conduct and leadership is a disaster to christiandom. He should resign from office immediately and fully join pdp.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by femi4: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014
It
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.
Its not about church, the body of christ is being drag to the mud under the leadership of Ayo
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by franugo(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Amandbob: Ur fellow Roman catholic, Bishop matthew kukah once said a situation wil grow from bad 2 worst wen d gud ppl say notin. Dats y d Muslim dominated us al dis while cos u clergy men we're busy or too afraid 2 speakup bt now dey know dat any misdid wil b opposed immediately. Y do u tink d sultan n JNI prefer d Roman catholic bishop to pst Ayo cos ur Bishop wil alwaz bow 2 dem while its Christian who r bin killed. Bt even wen a newspaper said somtin abt der prophet dey strtd killin xtians n non of der imams said anytin. Am a Roman catholaic bt am hapi wit pst Ayo cos 4d first ever d muslim hav der equal, instantly put dem we're dey blong

babe if u are Hot just call me 2 satisfy u, don't cum here n show how stressed u are k?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by oliviastacey(f): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2014
Jerryolumide: lol u spelt ''satanic church'' wrong............
u r just ignorant #illetracy
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Mogidi: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
Any so-called Christian here happy at the tension between CAN and the Catholic church should clap for himself, you're doing a wonderful job for the other side.

You deserve a medal from boko haram for a job well done, be ready to welcome SHARIA courtesy of Buhari next year.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
Catholic na Shrine. Church no dey carry man made gods.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Juvante(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
[quote
author=bahyor]The body of christ is sick and in need of urgent
help....Ayo is a known criminal in Bayelsa and Lagos!!![/quote]
you are extremely stupid to come online and post such trash!
He has never lived in 8ayelsa or Lagos! He was born and grew up in Sapele,before moving to Warri.
Personally, I do not like his political activities, but I won't stoop so low as to post lies about him.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by CrinkumCrankum: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
2012 are they are still there.....
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by mastengsynergy: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
Pastor Ayo Oritsajafor will behave even worse than this in future. Read his background before he became a Christian.
The man can sell the whole of Christianity for money.
Signs of 'Last days Christian'.
Until we all go back to our original Churches christianity will always be traded for money by these Pentecostal churches who believe Gospel is for sale.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Mogidi: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2014
Juvante:
you are extremely stupid to come online and post such trash!
He has never lived in 8ayelsa or Lagos! He was born and grew up in Sapele,before moving to Warri.
Personally, I do not like his political activities, but I won't stoop so low as to post lies about him.

Don't take most of them serious, they're actually Muslims parading as Christians for political expediency.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by JEITO: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Don't dabble into tinz you are not clear about o

Remember you'll give account before God one day lipsrsealed
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2014

No dont say that. Catholic church is dwindling in member population everyday everywhere in the world. Go and witness their sunday mass. Pews that used to be full of worshippers in years past are now almost empty. Losing heir members to pentecostals.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Mogidi: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2014
No need for CAN and Catholics to argue unnecessarily, we should just accept our fate, and accept Allah, no need to blame Ayo Oritsejafor.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Segunj8(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.

It ll b better if you say he's representing you well...
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Timijo(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Pull out of CAN but don't pull out of Christ.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Amandbob(f): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

U are never a Catholic, what do u mean by ' ur fellow ' and ' Roman Catholic ' stop lieing just to pass a msg.

Bishop Martin kukah finished obj during d burial of Stella obasanjo, that's the duty of Christian leaders, condemn when the govt erred and commend when they perform.

Sorry am nt a Roman catholic bt am a Catholic if u guys really know wat dat means.d Roman in ma writeup was a mistake.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Dtwoabbey(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2014
Less concern abt all these but the greatest commission of our Lord Jesus Christ is what we should be concern about. (matthew 28:19-20). We should all remember that Jesus wept on us and He's still weeping over our attitude in the christiandom. Behold, the wise will takenote of this and the fool will see it as nothing.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2014
louisinemo:

No dont say that. Catholic church is dwindling in member population everyday everywhere in the world. Go and witness their sunday mass. Pews that used to be full of worshippers in years past are now almost empty. Losing heir members to pentecostals.

You wish. grin
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Bishop4bella(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2014
freshness2020: Salt to injury?
why giving us Ūя̲̅ reasons now?
we should be mending our houses instead of throwing jabs at each other! No one is void of any allegation ♈όϋ claim not even the catholic..everyone is guilty!
when did you join nairaland? The op just re open the thread. In olamide voice, are u a learner,go to school lo kawe Dei si.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2014
troy20:
true brother.penticostalism and its 21st century madness is fast robbing people faith in God.

of course, remember in those days evangelism was so cool and people willingly accepted Christ and received salvation.
but today, people just flock to churches because of their problems.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.