Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) (60249 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops / We Are Still In Can-catholic Bishops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2014
louisinemo:

No dont say that. Catholic church is dwindling in member population everyday everywhere in the world. Go and witness their sunday mass. Pews that used to be full of worshippers in years past are now almost empty. Losing heir members to pentecostals.
Dude nope Christainity is lossing its member every day. Get that right! The reason why you think pentecostals are gaining members is tied to economic reason mainly but I better leave that for now and focus on the issue at hand.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2014
When the christians in the north we're been targeted espically the Catholics the CAN leadership was the most outspoken. APC dogs always trying to cause division

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Jerryolumide(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2014
oliviastacey: u r just ignorant #illetracy
lol. Ok
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Olutola88(m): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Someone out there should kindly help me with this question; WHO ARE THE TRUE CHRISTIANS? The Catholics? The Protestants? Or the Jehovah's Witness?
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by igwedaboss(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Goke7: Though I have a lot of reservations about Pastor Ayo, I have said it before on this forum that the Catholics are just hypocritical because they are not the one heading CAN for now, they were never in support of Pastor Ayo becoming the leader of CAN from day one. The former President of CAN, a catholic bishop was also a strong supporter of the Government then, so what's their problem, must they be the one leading CAN all the time?

Catholics should stop this holier than thou attitude, we also know all what their bishops are into all over the world!
the church has to be actively be involve in politics, so I believe. But under no circumstances should they stray away from the major goals. Running away from politics will only allow others to use it and destroy Christianity. One can't just fold hands and see things happen. Division among Christians is not a good sign and they would keep pushing for it. Now is not the time for blames. Its time for the church to stand has one.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by handmaid: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
this is not the time to draw lines of denomination or its likes. what we all ought to fight for is to uphold the unity of faith in the body of Christ.

whether you like it or not, all of God's people are different parts of a Single body.

examine yourself whether you are still in the faith. Jesus is coming soon. peace
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
woodcook: Dude nope Christainity is lossing its member every day. Get that right! The reason why you think pentecostals are gaining members is tied to economic reason mainly but I better leave that for now and focus on the issue at hand.

Den u must be dilusional take a look at every street, every conner every small space available . Churches are just springing up. Even in the us many cathedrals had to be closed. Let's not talk about the gay scandal rocking the caltholics or the pehdophile ones. No body cares the catholic church is a sinking boat and the pentecostal is marching foward.

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by POPEII: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm glad we pulled out , but Catholics will always support their Christian brothers from other denominations especially against jihadists
Nowhere in the bible Christians are asked to stay out of politic , in fact it is that nonchalance which put us in such a bad situation, where the supporters of APC think they can bully us, Muslims are involved in the politic of this country, they are even the ones who created/started religious claims,demands, pressure. I repeat we are not asked by God to stay out of politic , so my dear Catholic do not let the Moslems turn you on on your brothers

I will support CAN over APC or Islam anyday
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Seriously there is something about the CAN president that just doesn't seem right I can't really explain it or place my hands on it. But his life style and romance with the goodluck jonathan administration begs for questioning. he seems like a fraud a fake prophet with all those blings and ostentatious living......
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by AKPUMPY4(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] There should be no division within the body of Christ,we re already dividing the body of Christ as it is now

IS NIGERIA GOING THE WAY OF TURKEY?
•Turkey is in the present day Europe and
partly in Asia minor.
•Apostle Paul was a citizen of Tukey
because Tarsus exists in Turkey.
•Christianity existed in Turkey for about
1,023 years while Christianity has only
existed in Nigeria for 172yrs starting
from when Rev. Birch Freeman came to
Badagry in 1842.
•The seven churches Jesus spoke to in
Revelations 2&3(Ephesus,Smy
rna,Laodicea,Philadelphia,etc)existed in
the old Turkey.
•The disciples were first called Christians
in Turkey(Antioch)
•Turkey once had the largest Christian
auditorium in Europe called Hagia
Sophia in Constantinople.
•Mary the mother of Jesus was taken to
Turkey by Apostle John and till date, her
room has become a tourist centre.
TURKEY TODAY
•Present day Turkey now has 96%
muslims&0.02% Christians(less than
130,000).
•The Hagia Sophia(once largest church
in Europe) was taken over by muslims
and converted to a mosque for over
400yrs and later used as an Islamic
Museum
WHYCHRISTIANITY COLLAPSED IN
TURKEY
•Emphasis on doctrinal differences
weakened the Turkish church.
•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with
ethnic biase
•The Turks were building big cathedrals
instead of building men.
HOW IT HAPPENED
•Osman Ghazi discovered the disunity
amongst Christians and used it to fight a
Jihad that led to a mass genocide of the
Armenians, the Hellen and Turks of that
day. Infact, the weapon of war used was
designed by a Turkish Christian.
•Many Christian women converted to
Islam to save their lives and some were
raped.
•Osman Ghazi started the Ottoman
empire which gave muslims political
post and made it a religion of the state.
IS NIGERIA HEADING THE WAY OF
TURKEY
•Virtually all the mistakes the church in
Turkey made, the Nigerian church has
made it.
•We are building Cathedrals at the
expense of discipling men.
•Disunity amongst churches
•Ethnicity in the church
•Denominational rivalry, etc.
•Sharp division along doctrinal lines
MORE FACTS
•The spiritual foundation of Turkey is
stronger than that of Nigeria and
Christianity existed for over 1000yrs in
Turkey unlike ours which is just 172yrs
but Islam Radicalism uprooted it. If it
can happen in Turkey, it can also
happen IF we are not careful.
•The menace of Boko Haram has
destroyed a lot of churches in the north
and it may take another 200yrs to
evangelise Borno state alone.
•There is a secret agenda to Islamize
Nigeria&other African nations as
contained in Abuja declaration of 1989.
DON'T SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE, IF
WE DON'T RIGHT OUR WRONGS AS A
CHURCH.
SOLUTION
•HEART-FELT Intercession
•Aggressive evangelism- the terrorist
reached out to the youths in the norths
first and gave them AK-47 and bombs, if
we had reached out to them on time,
they'll be carrying BIBLES today.
•Mission support:-God is holding the
church responsible for Boko Haram, yet
we are blaming the governement.If we
had supported missions and
missionaries, we would have those
insurgents to Christ long ago.
•Unity of the church is key in winning
this battle. The last but not the least
christians should be actively involve in
politics. Enough of these muslims
political office holder with islamic
agenda
ARISE CHURCH & LETS DO THE NEEDFUL.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by tbaby534(f): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2014
abacus:

Christian faith will never be affected but is the Christian body we need to save. It's a shame when the likes of Ayo heads that body.

Ayo Oritsajefor your time is up.
Since you are do perfect den go n lead the body, if u think its easy go n walk in his shoes, every man is partial, u can not love two things equally
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by POPEII: 10:41am On Sep 18, 2014
igwedaboss: the church has to be actively be involve in politics, so I believe. But under no circumstances should they stray away from the major goals. Running away from politics will only allow others to use it and destroy Christianity. One can't just fold hands and see things happen. Division among Christians is not a good sign and they would keep pushing for it. Now is not the time for blames. Its time for the church to stand has one.

Amen
We must get involved, the Moslems are trying to bully us out of the decisions taking process , yet they keep pushing their Islamization agenda, I'm yet to see any imam speaking out when Churches and even catholic churches are being destroyed by northern governors or when they refuse to give us construction permits

I don't like Protestants but that is another ball game, they are our brothers and only dumb Catholics will side with Muslims against CAN
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by POPEII: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
Olutola88: Someone out there should kindly help me with this question; WHO ARE THE TRUE CHRISTIANS? The Catholics? The Protestants? Or the Jehovah's Witness?
Catholics but that's not the point of the topic.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by tuffgongjo(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Waiting for a Religion with no Politics is like Waiting For Godot,it won't happen.
Religion is just a Theatre of Absurd.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by zubby29(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
God have mercy on u
cr8v:
I may not know everything Ayo is doing in office but I sure do know he is representing us well. Jesus says be as wise as serpent but as gentle as a dove. Some people are just not happy that the Pentecostals they used to call mushroom churches in the 70s have suddenly risen to lead them. Im not denominational and I hate those who try to scatter our unity because things ate not going their cold, passive, indoctrinated religious way.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by POPEII: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.

Glory to Jesus ,honor to Mary
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by saymalcolm(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..

Well said.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by popson1st: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Wetin concern God with CAN, or Catholic or Whatever!

Wetin for PDP to blame APC, or vice-versa.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by ifeomabernard(f): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Why is evry tom dickk nd harry ranting about dis jet thing, it waz givin to him as a gift wat waz he suppose to do? say no! because a lot of Nigerians are livin below d poverty line, even Jesus said in d Bible the Poor u wuld alwayz have wit u! And he's nt d only pastor wit a private Jet!
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 18, 2014
amazing offer! ((

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by johnwell(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2014
lonelydora: This Ayo of a man ehh, wears chains like Puff Daddy.

lol
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Wildrage: 10:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Pervasive delusion, the NSA is a fulani man, scion of the Sokoto caliphate, a staunch muslim. The substantive minister of defence is Notable Northern elite, former chief of army staff/ NSA under Obasanjo. If these guys knows nothing about the arms purchase and they are sure there is a covert operation to destroy the northern muslims, it behoves on them to have resigned and let the public know of the govt sinister activities. The trajectory of this conflict is quite ominous and i hope those deliberately fanning the embers of religious hatred will be around when the sh.t hits the fan. El Rufai and his cohorts are known political opportunist and there only interest is to grab political power no matter how obnoxious the means. We should all try and rally round our security agencies, inspite of their obvious laxity, in defeating this murderous islamic sect.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Flexysweet(m): 11:00am On Sep 18, 2014
lokito: There are only two churches in the world, the Catholic Church and Others.
nonsense. Go tell God dat angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by Abduljohn(m): 11:01am On Sep 18, 2014
lets read the letter, digest n be objective. The withdrawal is only @ d national level 4 dose dat re criticising catholic 4 wanting leadership pray 4 4givenex all dis while dey weren't d only one bein president
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by DollyParton1(f): 11:05am On Sep 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: I dnt like CAN, I dnt like Ayo, I dnt catholics..
I think I prefer Jesus..
You should be sure about Jesus.
No thinking and no sitting on the fence when it comes to JESUS. You are either in or out.
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by horrace: 11:05am On Sep 18, 2014
download this to know why the illuminati works in CAN https://www.hulkshare.com/horrace/its-alright
Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by MadCow1: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2014
Pk001: Old Story. Who cares?
The Xtian faith remains stronger with or without the Catholic bishops.

Your first Problem is thinking that CAN has any impact on the Christian Faith.. grin

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by DollyParton1(f): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2014
There is only one church in the world, which is the body of Christ. Your denomination can't save you, only your belief in Christ and good works can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) by fortunechy(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2014
am nt here to judge any one,bt all i will say is dt only God kws his true worshipers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.