Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,754 members, 7,955,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:25 PM

Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! (8867 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism / "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

The answer is, no one in Christ can lost his or her salvation. If there's one such as yourself, ask yourself. ..since you came to be in Christ, have you sinned or not. If you have sinned, did you loose your salvation and try to regain it or what? Have you lived wrongly, making a wrong choice? If you have, are you unsaved trying to be save again?

The concept that once you are saved you cannot
be lost is unbiblical.
Indeed, the Bible has several examples of people
who were saved relationship with God and were
even Spirit-filled—but then they turned from the
Lord.

For instance, King Saul was chosen by the Lord,
anointed, filled with the Spirit, but he became
proud and grieved away the Holy Spirit and
eventually took his own life in despair. Judas was
sent out preaching with the other 11 disciples,
but he kept clinging to covetousness until he
denied the Lord and sold Him. Judas lost his
salvation, his relationship with the Lord.
Ezekiel 18:24 says, “But when the righteous man
turns away from his righteousness, and commits
iniquity, and does according to all the
abominations that the wicked man does, shall he
live? All his righteousness that he has done shall
not be mentioned: in his trespass that he has
trespassed, and in his sin that he has sinned, in
them shall he die.” In other words, a person who
was righteous can indeed turn away and be lost.
In Hebrews 10:23 , 24, Paul says, “Let us hold fast
the profession of our faith without wavering.”
Once a person is saved, why would they need to
hold fast? He goes on to add, “Let us consider
one another to provoke unto love and good works,
for if we sin willfully after we have received a
knowledge of the truth there remains no more
sacrifice for sins but a certain fearful looking
forward to of judgment.”

The Bible doesn’t tell say that once we’re saved,
we turn from all responsibility of continuing to
hold onto God’s hand. Jesus will never let go of
us, but we can let go of Him if we choose. The
danger of the teaching once-saved-always-saved
is that it takes away free will. But we’re always
free to choose to love the Lord or walk away.
“Christian, know ye not that they which run in a
race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run,
that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth
for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now
they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we
an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as
uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the
air; But I keep under my body, and bring it into
subjection: lest that by any means, when I have
preached to others, I myself should be a
castaway” ( 1 Corinthians 9:24–27 ). In other
words, Paul is saying that it was possible, even
though he had this spirit-filled saved relationship,
to be cast away.
On the other extreme, some think that you need
to walk every day in doubt of your relationship
with the Lord. But the Bible is clear that you can
have an assurance of your relationship with Him.
The Bible says you can know that He who has
begun a good work in you will perform it to the
day of Jesus; He is the Author and Finisher of
your faith, that you might know that you have
everlasting life.

God does not want us to live in fear. He said that
we can know we have eternal life. We can know
as long as we abide in Him, we have nothing to
be afraid of. It’s when we take our hand out of
His hand and we choose to turn from His will and
go our own way that we are in danger. That’s
why I believe that it’s important for us to daily
rededicate our lives. Paul said, “I die daily.” He
chose every day to say no to living for myself, to
die to self, and be born again unto God. On a
daily basis, rededicate yourself to God. It doesn’t
mean that you’re lost and saved, lost and saved,
lost and saved, like a roller coaster. Indeed, dying
to yourself daily means that you will keep your
relationship with God.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2014
@ Ukutsgp
What happens when we sin? Do we immediately lose our salvation?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2014
5solas: @ Ukutsgp
when adam and eve sinned. what happened?

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2014
5solas: @ Ukutsgp
when adam and eve sinned, what happened?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: when adam and eve sinned, what happened?
I ask these questions to understand your viewpoint instead of just asserting mine.
But let's grant that a believer immediately loses his salvation on sinning then gains it on repentance, how many times a day would you suppose that happens for the average believer? Does it make sense to you? Why don't we just agree that none is saved until they are dead or the last day? In this way where is grace and the difference between Christianity and other religions?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2014
5solas:
I ask these questions to understand your viewpoint instead of just asserting mine.
But let's grant that a believer immediately loses his salvation on sinning then gains it on repentance, how many times a day would you suppose that happens for the average believer? Does it make sense to you? Why don't we just agree that none is saved until they are dead or the last day? In this way where is grace and the difference between Christianity and other religions?
why dnt u just agree that sin disconnect one from God and that for one to be connected back to God, he or she had to confess and forsake that sin. in that state of sin, is d person save?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2014
we must confess our sin on a regular bases, even if it is 10times a day. and we must try to forsake that sin. God hate sin with passion.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: why dnt u just agree that sin disconnect one from God and that for one to be connected back to God, he or she had to confess and forsake that sin. in that state of sin, is d person save?
You imply then that when we ask for forgiveness, we are re-regenerated, this is false. To hold to that view is to hold that there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever and in how the Lord sees them.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2014
5solas:
You imply then that when we ask for forgiveness, we are re-regenerated, this is false. To hold to that view is to hold that there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever and in how the Lord sees them.
it is nt false. a regenerated person can fall into an unregenerated state due to sin. a believer can also become unbeliever and vise versa.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: it is nt false. a regenerated person can fall into an unregenerated state due to sin. a believer can also become unbeliever and vise versa.

Many questions you're avoiding and that's not good at all. Again, since YOU came to Christ and believe, being born again. HAVE YOU SINNED OR NOT? IF you have sinned, did you loose your salvation then and now. If you lost your salvation, how did you regain it? Did you re born again again?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: sin can make u lost ur salvation. it can also disqualify u from entering heaven. when u sin, u have to confess and forsake that sin to be in right standing with God. just one sin can make u to be lost forever if u fail to amend ur ways.

If sin can make you loose salvation, YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOURS knowing YOU HAVE SINNED MANY TIMES SINCE YOU BECAME BORN AGAIN. ...no?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

Many questions you're avoiding and that's not good at all. Again, since YOU came to Christ and believe, being born again. HAVE YOU SINNED OR NOT? IF you have sinned, did you loose your salvation then and now. If you lost your salvation, how did you regain it? Did you re born again again?
i said salvation can be lost or regained. when u sin salvation is lost as sin disconnect u from GOD and when u repent, it is restored.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

If sin can make you loose salvation, YOU MUST HAVE LOST YOURS knowing YOU HAVE SINNED MANY TIMES SINCE YOU BECAME BORN AGAIN. ...no?
that is why i need to ask God for mercy and try to live holy. because he has commanded us to be holy as he is holy. 1 peter 1:14-16.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp:

The concept that once you are saved you cannot
be lost is unbiblical.
Indeed, the Bible has several examples of people
who were saved relationship with God and were
even Spirit-filled—but then they turned from the
Lord.

For instance, King Saul was chosen by the Lord,
anointed, filled with the Spirit, but he became
proud and grieved away the Holy Spirit and
eventually took his own life in despair. Judas was
sent out preaching with the other 11 disciples,
but he kept clinging to covetousness until he
denied the Lord and sold Him. Judas lost his
salvation, his relationship with the Lord.
In Hebrews 10:23 , 24, Paul says, “Let us hold fast
the profession of our faith without wavering.”
Once a person is saved, why would they need to
hold fast? He goes on to add, “Let us consider
one another to provoke unto love and good works,
for if we sin willfully after we have received a
knowledge of the truth there remains no more
sacrifice for sins but a certain fearful looking
forward to of judgment.”

The Bible doesn’t tell say that once we’re saved,
we turn from all responsibility of continuing to
hold onto God’s hand. Jesus will never let go of
us, but we can let go of Him if we choose. The
danger of the teaching once-saved-always-saved
is that it takes away free will. But we’re always
free to choose to love the Lord or walk away.
“Christian, know ye not that they which run in a
race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run,
that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth
for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now
they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we
an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as
uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the
air; But I keep under my body, and bring it into
subjection: lest that by any means, when I have
preached to others, I myself should be a
castaway” ( 1 Corinthians 9:24–27 ). In other
words, Paul is saying that it was possible, even
though he had this spirit-filled saved relationship,
to be cast away.
On the other extreme, some think that you need
to walk every day in doubt of your relationship
with the Lord. But the Bible is clear that you can
have an assurance of your relationship with Him.
The Bible says you can know that He who has
begun a good work in you will perform it to the
day of Jesus; He is the Author and Finisher of
your faith, that you might know that you have
everlasting life.

God does not want us to live in fear. He said that
we can know we have eternal life. We can know
as long as we abide in Him, we have nothing to
be afraid of. It’s when we take our hand out of
His hand and we choose to turn from His will and
go our own way that we are in danger. That’s
why I believe that it’s important for us to daily
rededicate our lives. Paul said, “I die daily.” He
chose every day to say no to living for myself, to
die to self, and be born again unto God. On a
daily basis, rededicate yourself to God. It doesn’t
mean that you’re lost and saved, lost and saved,
lost and saved, like a roller coaster. Indeed, dying
to yourself daily means that you will keep your
relationship with God.

First, I don't know where to start with you addressing many issues raised but I will try.

1. The only exception to eternal security is apostasy

2. All righteousness BEFORE the finished works of Christ are based on man's work to be right with God. So when you quoting Ezekiel and OT, you don't even understand what you saying in relation to finished works of Christ.....He who knew no sin became sin for us SO THAT WE MIGHT BE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. Is that in your bible?

3. Dying daily has nothing to do with being DEAD TO SIN. You are dead to sin through Christ.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: i said salvation can be lost or regained. when u sin salvation is lost as sin disconnect u from GOD and when u repent, it is restored.

So salvation has become lost and found, lost again and found again?

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: that is why i need to ask God for mercy and try to live holy. because he has commanded us to be holy as he is holy. 1 peter 1:14-16.

What does holiness means? To be without sin or sinlessness? I'm sure if you live during the time that woman was caught in adultery, you will be one of those who are with sin that cannot cast the first stone. You're reading into. ...BE YE HOLY. ...
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

First, I don't know where to start with you addressing many issues raised but I will try.

1. The only exception to eternal security is apostasy

2. All righteousness BEFORE the finished works of Christ are based on man's work to be right with God. So when you quoting Ezekiel and OT, you don't even understand what you saying in relation to finished works of Christ.....He who knew no sin became sin for us SO THAT WE MIGHT BE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS. Is that in your bible?

3. Dying daily has nothing to do with being DEAD TO SIN. You are dead to sin through Christ.
the only exception to eternal security is sin.

to become righteous in christ entails repenting of ur sin, confessing them to God, then the blood of Jesus will wipe ur sins away. from then, u must forsake sin. obey d word if God and continue to do his will.

dying daily have everything to do with sin.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 12:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

What does holiness means? To be without sin or sinlessness? I'm sure if you live during the time that woman was caught in adultery, you will be one of those who are with sin that cannot cast the first stone. You're reading into. ...BE YE HOLY. ...
Jesus told d woman go and sin no more. those in christ must avoid sin like ebola. sin destroys. being in christ is not a license to sin. those who die in sin will perish no matter who they were.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
Goshen360:

So salvation has become lost and found, lost again and found again?
@goshen,, abeg leave that guy, no need to argue with am
the level of his bindness is so severe, the guy is a big shame to christianity
it's people like him that are making Muslims and atheists to say Christianity is a confused religion thereby not giving glory to God
they will continue to expose themselves like this
ahahahah ahaha
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: i said salvation can be lost or regained. when u sin salvation is lost as sin disconnect u from GOD and when u repent, it is restored.
ahahaha ahaha! go change your church... ewu!
see what your pastor (kumuyi ) has turn you too?
ahahahaa ahahaa
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2014

see what your pastor (kumuyi ) has turn you to?
ahahahaa ahahaa
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
paxonel:

see what your pastor (kumuyi ) has turn you to?
ahahahaa ahahaa
u are d one to change ur chirch cos ur pastor didn't teach u well or maybe u misunderstand him
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 7:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: it is nt false. a regenerated person can fall into an unregenerated state due to sin. a believer can also become unbeliever and vise versa.
This is so false. If true, there's no advantage to the re- generated man over the unregenerated man, better to receive salvation at our deathbeds! grin

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ukutsgp: u are d one to change ur chirch cos ur pastor didn't teach u well or maybe u misunderstand him
what do understand by the word fallacy? you don't know,.school you didn't go, yet you want to teach?
you are not ashamed,you are still talking? you think nairaland is inside deeper life church were you people will sit.down to teach yourselves what is not applicable to reality?
that is why you people suffer so much in that church
you people are not different from boko haram,
you don't have Joy,
no grace,
no mercy,
you are all religious fanatics,
wicked people who want sinners to die in Hellfire,
false prophets
ahahaha ahahaaa
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
@ Paxonel
Please be more civil. Remember also that we must humbly teach what we have received.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 2:15am On Sep 23, 2014
5solas: @ Paxonel
Please be more civil. Remember also that we must humbly teach what we have received.
you are right, thanks!
it's just that when you consider the overall effect of this kind of teaching, you will noticed that it is one of the major dogma that has given nigerians a very wrong mindset about the general life over the years
things are not better in this country, stead of educated people like him (because when you see his comments he talks like someone who has gone to school ) abandon religious sentiment and go back to his bible to consider what people have been opposing him for, he is arguing
honestly, when you tell anybody that salvation is grace, if they don't know before they will stop arguing and go and find out from the bible, even Muslims do this
But his own, i have never seen his type before,he is just the only person I'm seeing that is arguing, opposing that fact, wishing that people should die in hell fire in their sins, meanwhile he forget that he himself comit sin too
lol
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2014
paxonel:
what do understand by the word fallacy? you don't know,.school you didn't go, yet you want to teach?
you are not ashamed,you are still talking? you think nairaland is inside deeper life church were you people will sit.down to teach yourselves what is not applicable to reality?
that is why you people suffer so much in that church
you people are not different from boko haram,
you don't have Joy,
no grace,
no mercy,
you are all religious fanatics,
wicked people who want sinners to die in Hellfire,
false prophets
ahahaha ahahaaa
i can see dat u are really pained. but u cant change truth
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2014
5solas: @ Paxonel
what u receive is poison.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2014
paxonel:
you are right, thanks!
it's just that when you consider the overall effect of this kind of teaching, you will noticed that it is one of the major dogma that has given nigerians a very wrong mindset about the general life over the years
things are not better in this country, stead of educated people like him (because when you see his comments he talks like someone who has gone to school ) abandon religious sentiment and go back to his bible to consider what people have been opposing him for, he is arguing
honestly, when you tell anybody that salvation is grace, if they don't know before they will stop arguing and go and find out from the bible, even Muslims do this
But his own, i have never seen his type before,he is just the only person I'm seeing that is arguing, opposing that fact, wishing that people should die in hell fire in their sins, meanwhile he forget that he himself comit sin too
lol
yes. sin sends people to hell whether u believed it or not.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:29am On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
This is so false. If true, there's no advantage to the re- generated man over the unregenerated man, better to receive salvation at our deathbeds! grin
unregenerated people dnt know how to ask for mercy when they commit sin. they dnt know christ.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 8:59am On Sep 23, 2014
Ukutsgp: unregenerated people dnt know how to ask for mercy when they commit sin. they dnt know christ.
grin grin grin
You conveniently forgot that as soon as the regenerates sin, they become un regenerates, at least according to you.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2014
5solas:
grin grin grin
You conveniently forgot that as soon as the regenerates sin, they become un regenerates, at least according to you.
u are nt making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. / According To Jesus Christ Being A Muslim Makes All The Difference!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.