Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa (39615 Views)

Nigerian Govt. Lied, UN Meeting It Failed To Attend Not “Unofficial” - PremiumT / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable / Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by cirmuell(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by PEREP: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
UpLoyo:

How is it then your fault? Because only 1diots like you will conduct a $9.5m business in such a way and carry such an amount in cash. I bet in your line of business you've never heard of wire transfer right? What if the plane had crashed? So you were willing to risk that? You've only proven you are nothing but a low life, scumbag, a thief that didn't realize any amount over $10,000 has to be declared. Have I answered your question yet?

It is obvious you did not read my post because you have a fixed judgement.

Again, if Naija govt gives Julius berger a contract and JB decide to buy the rods from Ghana by carrying all the funds Naija govt credited him by plane. Will you ask Nigerian govt to explain or not?

Pls read that post again and check again. No need for name calling my guy
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by komekn(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
ochilikoko: how do you mean? It was stated vividly that Nigeria Government have submitted all th necessary documents and receipts to prove the legitimacy of the deal. I wonder y some persons wants to take this issue personal

To be believed you need to substantiate your information, stated by whom ?

We know that integrity and truth are not on the menu of Nigerian politics and the SA authorities have found the explanations given don’t stand up to question.

Unless you don’t have the capacity to rationalise, assess and make substantive propositions then you are possibly one of the paid political cheer leaders.

NUFF SAID , By their fruits we shall know them

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by masqot(m): 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
What happened to international relations?
Is Nigeria negligent or up to some fraudulent transactions?
Perhaps SA is being puppeteered to frustrate Nigeria's effort at becoming a full Giant of Africa. (SA deported some Nigeria some time ago)
Whatever, we're watching as everything unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by oluwakekz(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
skyfall: Of course it isn't acceptable. There's a clear case of cover-up by the Nigerian govt, not for itself but for the friends of Jonathan who are clearly involved in international criminality.
#gbam that the real truth .Iona can be like let give the presidential pardon .smh 9ja which way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by komekn(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
PEREP: Nigerians,

This case is just as follows;

I gave a contract to one company and paid for the products he will deliver. The company contacted his partner somewhere else to procure my products. He decided to travel to the supplier with the Money I paid in cash. He was caught for not declaring the money, how then is it my fault?

Let the Israeli security company sort itself out with South African authourities and supply our order.

You can read the post where Premium Times copied from the below.

http://africajournalismtheworld.com/2014/09/16/south-africa-seizes-nine-million-dollars-linked-to-nigerian-arms-purchase/

The matter is not as simplistic as you put it, I will assure YOU.

The penchant by our politicians for cash transactions stems from one quest misappropriation and corruption, it is so rampant it’s become accepted. We pay footballers on national assignment in cash why?

The arrant nonsense supposedly presented by unnamed and unknown Nigerian officials stating the US, UK essentially the west refused to sell arms to Nigeria is a blatant lie. The problem is that in the west military procurement is overseen by a number of public audit bodies and the transaction process is intrinsically transparent. As a result there is NO room for inflation kick back and or Egunje.

However, that is not the case with China, Ukraine and the Russians it is business as usual.

With regard to SA they also have a high level of transparency in arms deals.

Governments procuring arms have absolutely no reason and or need for a middleman , third party negotiator, fixer beyond the opportunity for EGUNJE. I have been involved in procurement for a number of years and I would be able to procure our arms at near 35% of what they have paid for them. Establish the Nigerian armed forces equipped and able to extend their influence well beyond the West African region for $500million and end the effective capacity of Boko within 4-6 weeks.

However, I am not a politician and don’t consider corruption as an option and I dine regularly with truth, integrity and the fear of God, so of course I will not be given that opportunity.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by adedayourt(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
chigozisky01: so SA don get liver to freeze naija moni baa. Hey make una remmember how much mtn dey make ooo.
Yoruba talk say "adiye funfun o mora e lagba"

If white fowl no sabi put himsef fr position to comand respect na anyhow fowl go offer am shit
Nig govt jus giv SA d oppurtunity to talk back @ d Giant dat playd a signif role in abolishn apathide
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by chamboy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
PEREP:

It is obvious you did not read my post because you have a fixed judgement.

Again, if Naija govt gives Julius berger a contract and JB decide to buy the rods from Ghana by carrying all the funds Naija govt credited him by plane. Will you ask Nigerian govt to explain or not?

Pls read that post again and check again. No need for name calling my guy
u not even answering the questions asked of u. Such a dumbskull
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
UpLoyo:

Some of you clowns really need to get this into your thick skull. Nigeria's problem is Nigeria's problem, you guys really think all US thinks about is Nigeria? Really? The last time anyone gave a hoot about Nigeria is when 200 girls were kidnapped. US this, US that...seriously because I can't remember the last time anyone said anything about Nigeria. If you like break, if you like stay together just stop thinking the world revolves around Nigeria. Every country has her own issue to handle. And for the mumus I hope you know US is Nigeria's ally; won't it be very idiotic not to sell nija arms and allow nija to go to Russia for help? Pls for the love of God use your brain!!!!!! I wonder how much they are paying some of you to be this stup1d? $1/day?
For your mind now you don yarn correct abi?. I cant say for sure whether FG is telling the truth or not neither am I interested in it. My only problem is how people tend to pass speculation as fact. You said US is Nigerian allies and as such will not stand in the way of Nigeria getting arms legally. That is not entirely correct, you should try and read UN Arms Treaty of 2013 that will at least help you put things in perspective. About going to Russia, lets assume that happens do you know there are protocols involved in purchasing arms legally. Its not like ordering a pair of Nike sneakers on ebay only for it to be delivered next week. You sound like someone who tries to make sense of a material before commenting but then please try and go all the way. As the popular saying goes half education is dangerous.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by neyobills: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
haconjy: South Africa is an ingratite. Nigeria has done so many for this country even in a wrong way during the fight for their independent. Now they are putting some people in the Nigeria Northern into problem by not releasing the money for arm procurement.

Mind you, stop mentioning CAN president into this issues. This man does not deny it that his let was use still you use all sort of abusive words, remember he is old enough to be your father, even your father's father. Respect your elder irrespective of his or her bad behaviour. Respect is reciprocal, remember your time comes soon for you to become a leader, whatever you do now will be done to you also

I find it hard not to smh for some peeps when it comes to logical thinking,Oritsejafor already leased out his jet since Aug 2 so that has exonerated him totally from the scene except indicted by the masterminders,THE JET HAS BEEN LEASED...how hard is that for u guys to decipher and lastly its nobodys buisness whatever he decides to do with his jet if he weda he was dashed or otherwise.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by kipesco(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
chigozisky01: so SA don get liver to freeze naija moni baa. Hey make una remmember how much mtn dey make ooo.

I believe the best way is to cut the right of MTN in Nigeria.
Why will the US use SA to disgrace Nigeria.
Is SA that righteous?
Why has the US not allowed Nigeria to buy the Guns legitimately. Hmmmmm US, yyyyyyyy
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by kipesco(m): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
1stola: of course!
After all, Jacob is not as Stúpid as Jona.

Who told u Jona is stupid.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by amanikondo: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Na only money? Den seize the jet also.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by Okeikpu(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ryabcool: APC is now part of the SA govt?
grin
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by Ryabcool(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Okeikpu: grin
hehehe! Troublemaker.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by makazona(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
KLEINBASS:

In south africa ther is something called law and if cant follow the law our not welcomed. we cant treat you special cause u like breaking the law.
we have enough problems in Suid-africa but dnt make your unruly behavior be one

swear then that you are law abiding and have never violated any law.
btw, are u a bass guitarist?
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by jaybee(f): 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
ochilikoko: how do you mean? It was stated vividly that Nigeria Government have submitted all th necessary documents and receipts to prove the legitimacy of the deal. I wonder y some persons wants to take this issue personal

YOU ARE A CHEAP MISCHIEVOUS FOOL AND DISGRACE TO SANITY AND LOGIC.

EVER HEARD THAT IF THE PERSON TALKING IS A FOOL, THE HEARER IS NOT NECESSARILY A FOOL?
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by mustymatic(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ryabcool: bro you stopped making any sense after number 4. No offense
Abi, or ur just blinded wt sentiments
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by mustymatic(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
RagaMufeen:

Boko sypanthiser planning on ruining Ayo, you people won't succeed, this is the motive for you people's anger.
First of all I've neva heard of ur "sypanthiser" word, so am gonna pretend its nt for me. second of all, who is ruining who? Kai open ur eyes ma guy, this pastor na boko haram hm be...wetn hm go do wit arms? wil u say d same if its a muslim leader? honestly i dunno wats wrong wit u pipu
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by zomoears(m): 1:04am On Sep 20, 2014

Medicine after death.

There are standards for such transactions, n if they were followed,this embarrassment would never had happened.d govt is simply d most irresponsible naija has EVER had. Kai, Jona n his crew!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 20, 2014
mustymatic:
First of all I've neva heard of ur "sypanthiser" word, so am gonna pretend its nt for me. second of all, who is ruining who? Kai open ur eyes ma guy, this pastor na boko haram hm be...wetn hm go do wit arms? wil u say d same if its a muslim leader? honestly i dunno wats wrong wit u pipu

I think u go school and u sabi english. Go back to the headline news, read over again and see who is claiming responsibility for he arm deal (federal govt of course). That d plane belongs to Oritshejafor does not indict him for anything. Its the company he lease it to and that lease it to another company that both have a case to answer.

I give my estate to an estate agent to manage and there is a report of one of the tenant being an armed robber. You ask the estate agent who gave him the house. There is no contract btween us. Thats is Oritshejafor's picture. Why should we accuse him the fault of a third party after govt has taken responsibility for that. lets be objective
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by neyobills: 1:10am On Sep 20, 2014
mustymatic:

This is common logic for anyone in their right minds to understand,pastor Ayo has already LEASED out his jet legally to an aviation company who subleased it out to another company that chartered it out to the suspects,so therefore he has NO CASE to answer whatsoever except if indicted by the suspects,its not rocket science,only a dumbo would find it hard to understand this.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by 14(m): 1:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Something is fishy about the whole deal, Arms company based in Cyprus, Why fly money into SA and not to Cyprus. The mentioned company in SA does not even have a license to sell arms, How do you call that legit?

Lets assume the money was meant to buy arms, but those arms were never gonna reach Nigeria, The money was gonna be take to SA and not buy arms in Cyprus. SA securities have all the rights to seize that money. Nigeria must learn to do things the right way, in this situation, it does not look like the money was meant for arms, buying of arms is just a scapegoat.

They thought they would be able to pass through with those bags without being detected.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by 14(m): 1:20am On Sep 20, 2014
This money was stolen, then it had to be transported in hard cash, because transaction was gonna bring lots of questions and expose the person who was stealing it. So, the last option was to take the hard cash to SA, pity they get got, now there is Nigerian official in government who is doing the damage control, and furthering Nigeria's embarrassment through lies.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by neyobills: 1:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Its unfortunate that many who don't have an inkling of an idea what an arms deal is are the first to blab now here is it.

The Waterkloof airshow 2014 is an arms exhibition that is to be held today the 20th of Sept @ the waterkloof airforce base in Pretoria SA,there are slim chances that these guys might have been going for that exhibition to buy maybe attack helicopters or whatever from the show as part of our efforts in curbing the insurgency in the NE part of Nigeria,when buying such military hardware its just right for u to go to the exhibition so u can see the products u are willing to buy been tested and u can have direct contacts with the producers of such hardwares and u can make a good bargain,its not like going to buy recharge card at the next available vendor.

Arms dealers are the last set of professional that involve in non cash transactions,because most of such military hardware are very expensive and such large amount of monies can't be wired cos every country has a threshold amount limit for money transfers anyways.

I guess this is just a clapback from the SA govt over the unfortunate loss of lives of their countrymen in the collapse of the synagouge guest house some days ago,we do feel their pain but they should remember that an eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

You can be sure to find lots of such cash laden suitcases at the show later today from defence contractors all over the world ready to do business.

If Nigeria was trying to buy arms illegally we could easily have done that on our international waters where gun running rouges are ever present and ever willing to sell arms for the right price.

If the story from the Nigerian side is as credible as they put it then we can be more than sure this is a classical clapback brohuahua and the SA govt should remember that he who laughs last laughs best.

This is my humble opinion I might be just right or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by Solozzo(m): 6:16am On Sep 20, 2014
It's obviously money laundering by Jonathan's friends. Or even himself or family members. The arms deal story, the Israeli guy are cover ups. I think they reckoned that a story of Nigerian govt involvement would ease their problems. After all jona's former boss taught him how to launder money!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by mustymatic(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2014
louisinemo:

I think u go school and u sabi english. Go back to the headline news, read over again and see who is claiming responsibility for he arm deal (federal govt of course). That d plane belongs to Oritshejafor does not indict him for anything. Its the company he lease it to and that lease it to another company that both have a case to answer.

I give my estate to an estate agent to manage and there is a report of one of the tenant being an armed robber. You ask the estate agent who gave him the house. There is no contract btween us. Thats is Oritshejafor's picture. Why should we accuse him the fault of a third party after govt has taken responsibility for that. lets be objective
There are over a dozen jets owned by d federal govt, why wud they use this jet to purchase arm? The FG is just interfering because theyre working together. In other words wat bring an israeli in all these mishaps. Reason well my broda...I am a muslim and I know muslim leaders like this one.
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by bedfordng(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2014
huge sum
Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by ddeola: 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
The truth be told, what is criminal is criminal no matter who is involved. You CANNOT abuse power in another territory because you are doing it in your own territory

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by jamiuazeez(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
unlawful acts of Nigeria Government sell them to south Africa with a big ashamed.blame your country not south Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Govt Explanation Unacceptable-south Africa by fxskye: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
louisinemo:

And as such, Leasing out of plane/jet for commercial intent DOESN'T require any CAVEAT? So, Jet leasing is as sample as leasing out of a taxi car?

Leased out on August 2nd, 2014?....think! try and connect dotted lines

Just a logical question for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Volunteers To Be The Leader Of EndSARS Movement / El-Rufai Kneels Before Buhari At Aso Rock / Who Do you Think Wrote This Letter On Gbajabiamila's Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.