Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? (1663 Views)

Is It Because Am Not Jovial. / What Does It Mean When Ladies Can't Look At A Guy Straight In The Eye? / How To Make A Good Friends And Be Jovial With Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by chemystery: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
This just happened as i'm creating this thread. I went to a barbing saloon. Sat down to wait for my turn when a young pretty lady came in to charge her phone. She seem to be very familiar with the barber as both of them picked up in conversation just as immediately. I was interested in the conversation so i add some few words directed at the lady but she snubbed me. The conversation continued then i discovered another place i can contribute but i was snubbed again. The way others starring at me was like "Oya, mumu yourself for the third time". This was just a general discussion that if it were a guy everything would just flow. I was so disappointed! Why do every lady think a guy talking to her entails he has interest in her? This is not the first time and reason i like being quiet in midst of ladies and each time i do, they term me as being shy or queer! As God may have it, she came to ask me how to get to somewhere as i was typing this but i snubbed her and continued typing. At least it's 2 - 1 now. When it gets to penalty shootout, i'll update you guys.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Gooci(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
this is why i alwyz bone my face around strange girls.. any small thing like this, they think yur tryin to get to them.. till today, av alwyz been told dat "so yu are this friendly" dats if we luckily get to talk one way or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by valmunich(m): 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol... You should've stopped contributing the first time she snubbed. The Barber too didn't help issues, if I was to be the Barber and I noticed the snub, I'll stop and direct my attention to you. There's nothing I hate more than being snubbed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by mumumugu(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
mumu
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by keypad1: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
chemystery: This just happened as i'm creating this thread. I went to a barbing saloon. Sat down to wait for my turn when a young pretty lady came in to charge her phone. She seem to be very familiar with the barber as both of them picked up in conversation just as immediately. I was interested in the conversation so i add some few words directed at the lady but she snubbed me. The conversation continued then i discovered another place i can contribute but i was snubbed again. The way others starring at me was like "Oya, mumu yourself for the third time". This was just a general discussion that if it were a guy everything would just flow. I was so disappointed! Why do every lady think a guy talking to her entails he has interest in her? This is not the first time and reason i like being quiet in midst of ladies and each time i do, they term me as being shy or queer! As God may have it, she came to ask me how to get to somewhere as i was typing this but i snubbed her and continued typing. At least it's 2 - 1 now. When it gets to penalty shootout, i'll update you guys.

i hope say you be messi oooo. If not she go win you.

Na the girl wey barber dey fuuuck for that street be that. Barber dey fear say you go collect am from him hand. If na outside, the girl go answer you well well.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by tpia1: 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by tpia1: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
I dont know why women tend to interprete friendliness or being jovial, as indicative of a relationship.

Perhaps some men are giving them that impression? So they assume everytime a man chats with them, it means something else.

So i guess for some women, it might be hard for them to tell who is trying to get fresh with thrm and who is not.

In nigeria, I suppose you have to play safe especially.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Sorry brother... I thank God it hasn't happened 2 me...
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Maa fi lo mi, ndasi grin grin aproco grin they put ya mouth for the matter embarassed embarassed
Gbeborun.
Seriously, some people don't like strangers interfering in their gist, while some ladies think been friendly with them means you're interested.
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
valmunich: Lol... You should've stopped contributing the first time she snubbed. The Barber too didn't help issues, if I was to be the Barber and I noticed the snub, I'll stop and direct my attention to you. There's nothing I hate more than being snubbed
Well said •
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Lindajohn(f): 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mind ur business and u go live long

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Davidson267(m): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
I wil comment when this post hit front page
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by AfricanApple(f): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
POC its not all women but some, she may have her genuine reason if not she was just been childish and u wont blame some ladies for doing dat, u guys arevd cause of it, a times u pretend to just trying to be friendly and before u know u are already.... but then I don't see anything wrong in that, but not every lady likes dat

abi u too fine ni, some ladies like to snub fine boys like dat sometimes so it wont be as if they are.....

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by AfricanApple(f): 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
aanumama: Maa fi lo mi, ndasi grin grin aproco grin they put ya mouth for the matter embarassed embarassed
Gbeborun.
Seriously, some people don't like strangers interfering in their gist, while some ladies think been friendly with them means you're interested.
something tells me u are d one
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Afrok(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Boss there is calculations in everything, even Messi and C.Ronaldo knows that calculations are important during a match not to talk of penalty shoot-out.
Well as jovial as I am, I no dey "jam talk" anyhow (calculates when to talk) coz me hate to be snubbed especially by a lady.
Just make sure say U win her, if not I'll snub U too tongue

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by ifex370(m): 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Davidson267: I wil comment when this post hit front page

me too
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Maybe she needs proper orientation from her brother/friend/boyfriend...
I used to be like that, the only difference is that I won't snub you...
Then one day, I was walking along the road and this guy kept trying to chat me up, I was responding o, but in a very dumb way. Finally I gave him my no and he started calling but never went to 'that direction'.

After months, we were doing truth/dare and I asked him what he had in mind the first day he walked up to me. He said he just saw a girl, that he wanted as a friend...I felt so stuupid and embarrased.
I got home and told my elder bro, he worsened it by telling me that 'naso we girls dey mumu'...chai, that one pain me...lol, but he finally gave me orientation.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol @ "oya mumu yourself the third time" grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Tallesty1(m): 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nah small girl dey worry her.
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by missdebs(f): 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
bros talk truth, u sef get interest in her.... Must hv been obvious
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
So u brot my mata here e kwa, issorai
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
chemystery: This just happened as i'm creating this thread. I went to a barbing saloon. Sat down to wait for my turn when a young pretty lady came in to charge her phone. She seem to be very familiar with the barber as both of them picked up in conversation just as immediately. I was interested in the conversation so i add some few words directed at the lady but she snubbed me. The conversation continued then i discovered another place i can contribute but i was snubbed again. The way others starring at me was like "Oya, mumu yourself for the third time". This was just a general discussion that if it were a guy everything would just flow. I was so disappointed! Why do every lady think a guy talking to her entails he has interest in her? This is not the first time and reason i like being quiet in midst of ladies and each time i do, they term me as being shy or queer! As God may have it, she came to ask me how to get to somewhere as i was typing this but i snubbed her and continued typing. At least it's 2 - 1 now. When it gets to penalty shootout, i'll update you guys.
grin grin grin grin grin... This is one of the reasons why I hardly chase ladies and if I do, you make shakara, that will be the end.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by SkinnyDude(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
me i no dey talk to girls again. make them carry their wahala. i was snubbed by a strange girl in school, who i approached for a help. i was stranded and my mum sent me airtime to sell and get money for t.fee. so i approached this lady, greeted her politely. and was like "auntie, do you need airtime, am selling with a discount". she didnt talk. rather she looked at me from head to toe and murmured "hmm hmm". i felt bad and left in anger and shame.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by emperorchedda(m): 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
This man! Me and my babe was having an important gist and u tried to interfere. I winked at her the first time you tried to cut in that was why she ignored you. Mere looking at you I knew you wanted to snatch my babe! We have been noticing how you change girls like dp so I told her to snub you...right now she's explaining to me why she had to ask you for direction because I'm furious at her for talking to you. NO NEAR MY SHOP AGAIN!
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Tallesty1(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
SkinnyDude: me i no dey talk to girls again. make them carry their wahala. i was snubbed by a strange girl in school, who i approached for a help. i was stranded and my mum sent me airtime to sell and get money for t.fee. so i approached this lady, greeted her politely. and was like "auntie, do you need airtime, am selling with a discount". she didnt talk. rather she looked at me from head to toe and murmured "hmm hmm". i felt bad and left in anger and shame.
That is why.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by ideology(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Your friends that Left you, looked down on you, will return to you as fans and celebrate you in life when you become successful.

Focus on that for now…
Time will tell …
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by ideology(m): 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
See the ladies beside these great men never knew who their husbands would become.

I wonder what's in the minds of ladies that snubbed them some years ago

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by ideology(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
See the ladies beside these great men never knew who their husbands would become.
Am not sure they knew.

Faith was married to the richest pastor in Nigeria

Mrs Van Married to a celebrity

Mrs Ulonma married to a great governor, influential politician.

I wonder what's in the minds of ladies that snubbed them some years ago

Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by lawrenceunaa: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
the barber no try @ all wink
He for pick up ur contributions to rescue you from the shame grin well ladies can act immaturely , am not surprised wink
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by SkinnyDude(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tallesty1: That is why.
haha. you mean i should have called her babe. but the auntie showed i respected her.
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
SkinnyDude:
haha. you mean i should have called her babe. but the auntie showed i respected her.
ladies hate to be called that except by a kid
Re: Ladies, Can't Someone Be Jovial Again? by tpia1: 1:17am On Sep 20, 2014
SkinnyDude: me i no dey talk to girls again. make them carry their wahala. i was snubbed by a strange girl in school, who i approached for a help. i was stranded and my mum sent me airtime to sell and get money for t.fee. so i approached this lady, greeted her politely. and was like "auntie, do you need airtime, am selling with a discount". she didnt talk. rather she looked at me from head to toe and murmured "hmm hmm". i felt bad and left in anger and shame.

so its all the lady's fault now.

and i guess telling her your exact situation was out of the question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys/ Ladies: Who Are You Missing Today? / What Happened To True Love And Values?why Is Lust So Powerful In This Generation / Its real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.