Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" (496 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
This piece is based on real life story.

Obviously young ladies fantasize various criteria which their future spouse should possess. Ladies posts on Meetup sites and blogs is often tagged “Born again, educated, working class etc. Unfortunately some men have capitalized on some of these requirements and have ruined lives and shattered dreams.

Recently I met a young lady aged 21 whom later told she’s a divorcee with 2 kids. After thorough enquiries out of curiosity, she opened up that her ex hubby came as a ‘saint’ in company with his pastor to seek her hands in marriage. Her family swiftly consented. Little did they know that she was being ferried to misery. Lo and behold, everything about him was fake: age, employment and even the self-acclaimed spirituality. Today, she’s back to her family’s house raising 2 kids.

A very good friend of mine also lost his longterm rshp to similar events. His finance suddenly called off the relationship few months after he proposed marriage. Her point being “my man must be my spiritual leader”. Few months later she got pregnant for a self-acclaimed “born-again Christian”. Today, she’s a single mom at 27years.

I overheard a lady who learnt the hard way and I quote “He must not be hype being born-again”

I wish to reiterate that being born-again sustains relationships and marriages however, our ladies must be watchful to filter the genuine ones from the fake.

You can contribute your own quota to this thread. You might be saving someone’s destiny.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by Mynd44: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
*yawns*
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by pickabeau1: 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
So?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by vivaciouzz(f): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
dat doesn't mean dat we should look for d ones way no know God..
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
vivaciouzz: dat doesn't mean dat we should look for d ones way no know God..

Obviously u shud buh shine ur eyes ma'am.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With "My Man Must Be Born-again" by computerboy: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Can Marriage Change A Man? / Can I Trust Her With My Money? / Your Take On This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.