Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

The World's Most Powerful Passports. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World's Most Powerful Passports. (52468 Views)

10 Most Powerful Passports In The World / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 12:58am On Sep 21, 2014
datalossvictim1:

I'm really sad for Nigeria sad I pray the power holders get their acts together ...
You do not pray for them, you take it by force from them.

If we ever think that these guys would somehow change for good ,then we are in a deep slumber.

You take it from them,keep them where they belong and if it turns out horribly wrong then you should be ready to pay the price.

It is part of building the nation.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by chux76(m): 1:01am On Sep 21, 2014
In Africa, the Nigeria passport ranks below that of other African nations like Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia, Malawi, Swaziland, Zambia, Tanzania, Sierra leonne, Tunisia, Uganda, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Cape verde, Benin, Ivory coast, Mauritania, Senegal, Burkina faso, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Togo, Morocco, Sao tome and principe, Central African republic, Madagascar, Mozambique and Guinea - Bissau.

[/quote]

I am not perturbed by the above. It would be a thing of the past soon,Nigeria is on the verge of reclaiming its lost glory. The world shall soon bow to this great country NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 1:03am On Sep 21, 2014
xp17: you were counted when you were a kid? that was probably 1991 PC. you didn't remember there was another sometime in 2005 or 2006 or so . you probably have forgotten because you were uncounted as a result of too busy pushing your truck.

NIGERIA population is less than 60m. stop deceiving yourself.
Oh Jesus! What's wrong with you druggies.

Read through the post and see where I said that I was equally counted again and I was independent.

You can't stay in Vegas all your life dumbo and tell me about Nigeria.

Just shut your trap already................You making me to puke. grin

4 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 21, 2014
LMAO this thread funny sha grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 21, 2014
Truckpusher: You do not pray for them, you take it by force from them.

If we ever think that these guys would somehow change for good ,then we are in a deep slumber.

You take it from them,keep them where they belong and if it turns out horribly wrong then you should be ready to pay the price.

But is it that hard? I mean what is it that instructs the black brain to launder money instead of developing your own nation? Or does the black brain not aspire to be better?

Sometimes I think we are under some form of control that has instructed the power holders never to develop..

Anyways I'm happy my family is helping by employing people and adding to the Nigerian economy. When I'm done with school I'll contribute ...

But it's still a pity!
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 2:05am On Sep 21, 2014
datalossvictim1:

But is it that hard? I mean what is it that instructs the black brain to launder money instead of developing your own nation? Or does the black brain not aspire to be better?

Sometimes I think we are under some form of control that has instructed the power holders never to develop..

Anyways I'm happy my family is helping by employing people and adding to the Nigerian economy. When I'm done with school I'll contribute ...

But it's still a pity!
Too many black nations were built on falsehood and in such nations never expect anything better.
The mistrust
Zero ideology on what it takes be a citizen of that nation
No respect for patriotism

With these factors and others too numerous to mention these nations will crumble it is just a matter of time.

All these problems are manmade. So , it can be changed but how would you go about it ,to change a rooted evil?

This is our story today here ,not only in Nigeria but allover black Africa.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Lucasbalo(m): 2:07am On Sep 21, 2014
sonnie10: The only reason UK would rank higher than the US is due to commonwealth countries which are mostly visa free for the UK. A good example is Nigeria, that would issue UK passport holders visa on arrival at the airport. This is more or less like visa free. Secondly, the reciprocity method is still considered by most countries, - what this means is that if your country makes my country visa free, my country would do the same for your country.
Gbam, Gbam and Gbam. You nailed it right. US Passport is número uno all over the world. I travel a lot due to my gigs and the tremendous respect given to the blue passport is unrivaled , especially in Europe and Far East. Hooray for Mr Blue.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by LajaLaba: 2:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Respect for Mauritius passport...Number 1 in Africa though Seychelis is not far behind
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by experimentist: 2:23am On Sep 21, 2014
I get Mars passport cry
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by leofab(f): 2:30am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and develop your country.

your analysis get k-leg oh. Cos what is America doing there if it's by population?
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Saheed9: 2:57am On Sep 21, 2014
dreyjacs: Nigeria...smh. our passport ranks low beyond what? Gambia? so far the only goodnews out of Nigeria is its ability to contain Ebola without foreign aid
is dat one not a record?
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ttmacoy: 3:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Another advantage of the UK passport and this applies to other European passports is not only can you visit 173 countries visa free, but you can also work visa free in major European countries unlike say the US passport where you need a work permit to the work in Germany or France

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Lucasbalo(m): 3:43am On Sep 21, 2014
ttmacoy: Another advantage of the UK passport and this applies to other European passports is not only can you visit 173 countries visa free, but you can also work visa free in major European countries unlike say the US passport where you need a work permit to the work in Germany or France
I have worked in the London office of my Hedge Fund company and believe me, will stay with my US office.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by kaysparks(m): 4:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Of all the power and strength of the UK passport it still can not enter Naija without visa! All hail Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by shoein(m): 4:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Afam4eva:
Majority of Nigerians may not be credible because Nigeria is a poor country and it has nothing to do with natural resources. If you can't use the resources to take care of your citizens then the country is damn poor and this material poverty has begotten mental poverty and that is why countries can not allow a free reign of people from Nigeria. they have to be curtailed else they will turn these countries into a hell of some sort. You don't know how bad Nigerians can be until you encounter them outside the country and juxtapose them with citizens f those countries. I have been in Mauritius for a few months and what shook me about the country apart from the serenity and beauty is the fact that people here obey traffic rules. i see a car stopping for a traffic light deep in the night and the Nigerian in me is like, dude, you're the only one on the road, move the fvck on. now, just last month for the first time in broad day light i saw a car disobey traffic and i was really surprised as i've never seen such in this country. only for me to look closely and see that the person driving the car was a Nigerian that i know. Only a Nigerian and people from similar countries can cause havoc in otherwise peaceful country and that is why Nigerians are hated in almost every part of the globe where they call home. They don't respect themselves let alone the country where they find themselves. So, tell me why these countries should allow a free reign of Nigerians.

You said it very well!!..
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Luvdmx(m): 4:35am On Sep 21, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by kaysparks(m): 4:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: Gbam, Gbam and Gbam. You nailed it right. US Passport is número uno all over the world. I travel a lot due to my gigs and the tremendous respect given to the blue passport is unrivaled , especially in Europe and Far East. Hooray for Mr Blue.
UK nationals get their visa 1st from their country before entry in Nigeria. Except their OFFICIAL passport holders.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Lucasbalo(m): 4:52am On Sep 21, 2014
kaysparks: UK nationals get their visa 1st from their country before entry in Nigeria. Except their OFFICIAL passport holders.
You are right.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Truckpusher: You do not pray for them, you take it by force from them.

I salute you Sir.

Every great nation on earth went through this rebirth.

The US, UK, etc all had their civil wars.

But like "Abami Eda" said, "Nigerians are not ready for change because we are not suffering enough and no one wants to die"
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: I have worked in the London office of my Hedge Fund company and believe me, will stay with my US office.

Nice.

When I hear people lambast the US I immediately know that it is an untravelled person.

When you've had the chance to really travel to different countries then what we have in the US, even with all the minimal stress, is a god sent.

He who feels it knows it.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 21, 2014
Turbocharged: Thats no much difference between the man that is travelling with visa and the one travelling without. Either of them could be denied entry at the port of enty

My friend, there's loads of difference.

While they will tell you that a visa doesn't guarantee entry but if your visit is legitimate enough and truthful enough for you to secure a visa then i four story is the same as what you told the embassy staff, I don't see how you'll be denied entry unless you're a criminal element.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 21, 2014
ayusco85: Even if Nigerian passport is the last on the list, I am still proud to be a Nigerian. God knows why am a Nigerian. sad

but I sometimes wish I was an american or a british citizien because of the above benefits wink

I read this quote somewhere and I like it. "Any child born into the US or UK has already gotten a divine blessing from God".
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by whitelondon: 5:16am On Sep 21, 2014
Naija I hail ooo.. I'm one, yet I can be the best person there is, wherever I be... ***writing from my bed in a very large city in Nigeria..
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ayusco85(m): 6:13am On Sep 21, 2014
CityNG:

I read this quote somewhere and I like it. "Any child born into the US or UK has already gotten a divine blessing from God".

That's why we need to build our country
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 21, 2014
ayusco85:

That's why we need to build our country

For sure and we're making progress, not as fast as most hoped but progress none the less.

It' just that some of us remember who good things were in the 70's/80's and then things took a backwards slide.

I remember going to UK with no visa (we didn't need visas back then) and even when I came to the US folks were intrigued and had lots of cultural questions to ask about Nigeria. Then slowly it became about 419 and stuff.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 6:26am On Sep 21, 2014
Turbocharged: Thats no much difference between the man that is travelling with visa and the one travelling without. Either of them could be denied entry at the port of enty

Lol, see as you dey console yourself sha grin

The chances of been denied entry with a visa free passport is rare, how about the respect that is been accorded to lets say an EU passport, the easy access of just buying a plane ticket and travel without wasting money on visa and health insurance?

lol grin

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 6:30am On Sep 21, 2014
CityNG:

For sure and we're making progress, not as fast as most hoped but progress none the less.

It' just that some of us remember who good things were in the 70's/80's and then things took a backwards slide.

I remember going to UK with no visa (we didn't need visas back then) and even when I came to the US folks were intrigued and had lots of cultural questions to ask about Nigeria. Then slowly it became about 419 and stuff.

Yea, I always feel sad when my lecturer (A nigerian that immigrated to Europe over 30 years ago) tells me about how good Nigeria was back then, how he was on scholarship from the Nigerian government and was keen on going back home after his studies, but he choose to stay as things started detoriating.

I was also checking out a statistic of best place to to immigrate to in the 70's and Nigeria was among the top 10 (above Sweden and many first world countries), My dad also tells me on how he rejected going abroad to study because Nigeria was better and he prefer staying in Nigeria.

Things have really gone bad, so sad! cry

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 6:36am On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmm cheesy
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2014
dreyjacs: Nigeria...smh. our passport ranks low beyond what? Gambia? so far the only goodnews out of Nigeria is its ability to contain Ebola without foreign aid

Gosssshhhhh Nairaland will not kill me oh....Laugh don tear my belle.... grin grin grin

My lovely Country Nigeria grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 6:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Chinom:

There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian Passport. Na una spoil am. Some of una go collect visiting visa for 3 months, but come back after 3 years. Some people still dey Yankee 6 years after they were giving a visitor's visa.

We are even lucky to get Barbados, Seychelles and Cape Verde visa free.

The people of Nigeria devalued the Nigerian Passport.

Blame the government.

Only of recent (about 30 years ago) that a Nigerian will travel abroad and will choose to stay, there was not a reason to go abroad in the first place as things was working fine during the post-independence era. If Nigeria becomes a dream country for us today, do not be surprise to see many Black Americans, Carribeans, and black all over the world immigrating here to feel.

Check out Finland and Ireland, many of them immigrated to US when things were not going on well in their country, but after that, they immigrated back.

Do not underestimate the human innate ability to search for a better life, which people will want to achieve legally or illegally.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by 100Cents: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2014
Have so much money and a business clout to it.

You can visit any country...

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by horlus(m): 7:13am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and [color=#006600][/color].

DEVELOP YOUR COUNTRY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / "We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / Present Condition Of Port Harcourt Zoo: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.