Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,144 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

The World's Most Powerful Passports. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World's Most Powerful Passports. (52462 Views)

10 Most Powerful Passports In The World / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by jobsat34(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
wetin concern me? So far i can laid my hand on witches passport, i can fly over any country....
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Eyop: 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Justi4jesu,I can see you peeping on this thread but no action cheesy abi you don get UAE passport come hide for corner
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justwise(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
pansophist:

Now you table a very balanced point unlike chinom. He made it appear as if Nigerians are the only one commiting crime abroad, Third world nationals are all commiting crime abroad too. The Pakis, Indians, Chinese, Polish etc

What I am simply trying to pass out is that it wont get to this extent if the affairs of the citizens are not neglected, and given the fact that this crime of a thing got to an escalating degree after post-independence calls for logical reasoning. Why will the citizen immigrate when they feel comfortable? most folks that I know in Nigeria that are comfortable only go abroad for holidays and visit, not to live or try to commit one crime or the other

Human natural instinct (searching for a better life) will always prevail legally or illegally, it's all a survival method but different circumstances influence the direction of which it will talke.

Again you are wrong, British, Americans, French...all travel to other countries to live permanently not because they are coming from poor countries but because its a human nature to move from place to place.

The point you are missing here is this.... a criminal is a criminal, even if Nigerian govt provides all they need..criminal minded individual will still look for more, will still travel to other countries to keep stealing.

Majority of Nigerians who traveled out are not poor, they are average and above in rich scale but at the same time can't stop committing fraud outside Nigeria. If they are really down the poverty level then they wouldn't be able to afford visa application fee let alone flight ticket.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by weaseloo: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Why do we always try very hard to bring Nigeria down?
If we put that same amount of energy in being positive about our nation, it will change our mind set and attitude.
We have no other country to run to!!! We better start loving and making this one and only better.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
justwise:

Again you are wrong, British, Americans, French...all travel to other countries to live permanently not because they are coming from poor countries but because its a human nature to move from place to place.

The point you are missing here is this.... a criminal is a criminal, even if Nigerian govt provides all they need..criminal minded individual will still look for more, will still travel to other countries to keep stealing.

Majority of Nigerians who traveled out are not poor, they are average and above in rich scale but at the same time can't stop committing fraud outside Nigeria. If they are really down the poverty level then they wouldn't be able to afford visa application fee let alone flight ticket.

As for the bolded, Are the majority of the nationals you mentioned desperate to immigrate elsewhere? compare that to Nigerians and get back to me. The nationals you also mentioned usually immigrate for legit reasons like jobs, family and less likely for greener pastures compare to Nigerians.

As for your other point, will you compare tha amount of crimes in Nigeria and amongs Nigerians in the diaspora to the crime commited by lets say Swedes (regardless of place of domicile)? In as much as I agree with you that a criminal will always be a criminal regardless of nationality and status, you still fail to see beyond the circumstance that makes people criminals. Nigerians are simply a victim of their native society who care less about them.

Most of the people you perceived as criminals are usually those at the bottom ladder of the society, with no viable way of survival and in order to make ends meet, they delve into criminal activities. The criminals in developed countries too are usually not poor people, but paedophiles, lunatics or socially excluded individuals. If you examine most countries all around the globe, you will realize that majority of the peaceful countries are the developed ones which the government cares about the citizens.

Crime and immigration will decrease to a very large extent if the country emerges as a condusive place to live, as simple as that.

4 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
Eyop: Justi4jesu,I can see you peeping on this thread but no action cheesy abi you don get UAE passport come hide for corner

I just wan quote you sef say this one wey you dey share point and kill with cold drinks abeg make you share reach my side too oh..

If them like make them born all their 10 children for UAE, you can't dream or wish for Citizenship thats why they took away the EXPO 2020 from them.

I no need their passport, them say na british passport weigh pass, so i don dey book suitors like madam jennykadry....No time grin grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Eyop: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

I just wan quote you sef say this one wey you dey share point and kill with cold drinks abeg make you share reach my side too oh..

If them like make them born all their 10 children for UAE, you can't dream or wish for Citizenship thats why they took away the EXPO 2020 from them.

I no need their passport, them say na british passport weigh pass, so i don dey book suitors like madam jennykadry....No time grin grin

Hahahahahaha!!! No vex say i no look your side for drinks and chopables. I thought Satzenbrau and Heineken is forbidden by you Well, we'll see about that as i don already comot for joint cheesy. Really? So UAE dey very strict with their own pally? British passport shocked, my sister your money can fetch you any passport you want whether USA,British Passport,etc
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Eyop:

Hahahahahaha!!! No vex say i no look your side for drinks and chopables. I thought Satzenbrau and Heineken is forbidden by you Well, we'll see about that as i don already comot for joint cheesy. Really? So UAE dey very strict with their own pally? British passport shocked, my sister your money can fetch you any passport you want whether USA,British Passport,etc

Yes oh very strict but they can use it to cook soup for all i care, am not towards that anyways.

i no dey drink beer biko get me Irish cream with ice cubes tongue
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Eyop: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yes oh very strict but they can use it to cook soup for all i care, am not towards that anyways.

i no dey drink beer biko get me Irish cream with ice cubes tongue

Make dem go chop am angry. Work very hard my sister and you'll get any passport you want. However,Irish cream is sugary and can cause pile which is not good but it contains alcohol so my recommendation is Redwine(if you wan put ice cubes,e concern u lipsrsealed) then with a well prepared grilled fish cheesy grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Bigcake: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
iheanyi40: Nawa 4 Nigeria a whole giant of africa undecided
Sharrap.... I represent Nigeria till I die.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Eyop:

Make dem go chop am angry. Work very hard my sister and you'll get any passport you want. However,Irish cream is sugary and can cause pile which is not good but it contains alcohol so my recommendation is Redwine(if you wan put ice cubes,e concern u lipsrsealed) then with a well prepared grilled fish cheesy grin

Tanx grin grin

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by freecitizn: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kizmarty:

i dnt buy your idea one bit

you've got alot of explaining to do.

it might be a liability for you because u ain't patriotic and proud..as for me,absolutely not.

i won't dump my naija passport for uk nor u.s..i rather die.

I'll continue feeling proud not even those silly foreign immigration officers nor airport officials can f.uckk with me cus of my pass..

1Love9ja..united foreversmiley

You've done some of the explaining yourself. Let's call a spade a spade. I know the stress I go through at airports, I know opportunities I've been denied or disqualified from just because of my passport. While I respect your entitlement to your opinion, Patriotism does not mean accepting mediocrity...it does not mean taking pride in shame and indignity. angry

3 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by dammix(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Am a naija boy 4 lyf. Am so proud to be a nigerian

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chinom:

Blaming the government is escapist. People who do not want to take responsibilty for their actions. I can write 10 pages on why you should not blame the govt for the fact that Nigerians ruined the image of the country. But i don't have te time for that. I just have a few questions for you. How many people from Zimbabwe, Botwsana, Papua new guinea have you come across in US, Uk or Europe. Those are not particuarly rich countries.
Coming closer to home; how many young Hausa men do you see in US, Uk or Europe. The mentality of the people of Southern Nigeria killed our Nigerian passport. Desparation and greed was the reason most of them abused their visa conditions. If every Nigerian that travelled abroad respected their visas, we will still have access to many countries visa free. You will be shocked to know what most Edo, Yoruba, Igbo and Warri people had to go through inorder to obtain that US or UK passport. The young man from Zamfara or Yobe is not that desparate or greedy. They are content with their life.
Do not put the blame on the govt. The honest truth is that most us in the south were desparate to move to the west because of pressures from our immidiate sorroundings
Besides, embassys DO NOT give visas to poor people. Those Nigerians that stayed 6 years on a visitor's visa presented themslves as rich people at the various embassys. So the arguement that Nigeria is a poor country, hence the devalued passport does not hold water.

30 years in the US and interview I've never met an Hausa person.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Tolubory(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
Pardon me...
Are you really sure about this Even
With our New improved E.Passport
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tolubory: Pardon me...
Are you really sure about this Even
With our New improved E.Passport

Lol, it is not a matter of improving the passport, it is about the country in question. Some countries do accept just your national ID, that is to tell how country economic status and reputation matters.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by goksongold(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Uk passport my foot! Far back 70s when naija currency was more valuable than dollar n pound, naija passport was more valuable than any country u can think of, as a matter of fact ppl don't travel out aside from studying, but if care is not taken naija passport will be like iran, iraq n the likes. God will continue to bless this country either the devil likes or not.

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
pansophist:

As for the bolded, Are the majority of the nationals you mentioned desperate to immigrate elsewhere? compare that to Nigerians and get back to me. The nationals you also mentioned usually immigrate for legit reasons like jobs, family and less likely for greener pastures compare to Nigerians.

As for your other point, will you compare tha amount of crimes in Nigeria and amongs Nigerians in the diaspora to the crime commited by lets say Swedes (regardless of place of domicile)? In as much as I agree with you that a criminal will always be a criminal regardless of nationality and status, you still fail to see beyond the circumstance that makes people criminals. Nigerians are simply a victim of their native society who care less about them.

Most of the people you perceived as criminals are usually those at the bottom ladder of the society, with no viable way of survival and in order to make ends meet, they delve into criminal activities. The criminals in developed countries too are usually not poor people, but paedophiles, lunatics or socially excluded individuals. If you examine most countries all around the globe, you will realize that majority of the peaceful countries are the developed ones which the government cares about the citizens.

Crime and immigration will decrease to a very large extent if the country emerges as a condusive place to live, as simple as that.

You wouldn't know whether French or Americans are desperate to immigrate to other countries because they are not under visa restriction like Nigerians, so you don't have a point on that.

Nigerians to the large extent are victims of their own chase of excessive material wealth, let's stop shifting blames.

Those who commit these crimes are not at the bottom ladder of the society, politicians and pastors who steal with impunity are not at the bottom ladder. 419ners who dupe people and keep doing it even after making millions out of it are not at the bottom ladder.

Blaming the govt is just a lazy excuse because even in developed countries individuals despite the fact that they have free education, health service, houses and maintenance money still commit crimes just like Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ibe003(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chinom:

There is nothing wrong with the Nigerian Passport. Na una spoil am. Some of una go collect visiting visa for 3 months, but come back after 3 years. Some people still dey Yankee 6 years after they were giving a visitor's visa.

We are even lucky to get Barbados, Seychelles and Cape Verde visa free.

The people of Nigeria devalued the Nigerian Passport.
you said it all, we are too desperate to live our country that is why all this fucking whites are doing any how to us
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: I agree with you but you know we have some people here on nairaland that have pathological hatred for the West especially US or Britain. I once told someone on nairaland couple weeks ago that US is the most benevolent country in the world. Will pick olé USA over any country even with all her faults.
We'll keep educating Nigerians...u'r fortunate to have seen beyond the Nigerian mentality...dont stop educating them please.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
ibe003: you said it all, we are too desperate to live our country that is why all this fucking whites are doing any how to us

You eh, na you come de talk like this? No be talk say you go Impregnate Brazillian chicks just to get your residence? Na him you come de claim holy man for here. You suppose no comment for this thread at all.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justi4jesu(f): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
pansophist:

You eh, na you come de talk like this? No be talk say you go Impregnate Brazillian chicks just to get your residence? Na him you come de claim holy man for here. You suppose no comment for this thread at all.

Lol busted!!!! grin
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ibe003(m): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Let them go to hell joor, I love my E passport since I will use it to get any visa I like, its ok for me. Upon 9ija passport is low but you need to see how kenya immigration is admiring it,.. look, you need to be popular either by good or bad, we are the most popular black nation not because of any other thing but due to our arrogant, we are the smartest African country, oyibo people self are afraid of us, let them give us free visa whether they no go hear am. 9ija no day carry last.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by pansophist(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
ibe003: Let them go to hell joor, I love my E passport since I will use it to get any visa I like, its ok for me. Upon 9ija passport is low but you need to see how kenya immigration is admiring it,.. look, you need to be popular either by good or bad, we are the most popular black nation not because of any other thing but due to our arrogant, we are the smartest African country, oyibo people self are afraid of us, let them give us free visa whether they no go hear am. 9ija no day carry last.

No vex but you no get sense.

3 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Lucasbalo(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
lagcity:

Are you being sarcastic or something? grin grin grin

What do you mean by being sarcastic? It's the best big city in the country. You have to live here to know that.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ibe003(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Try get money uk and us passport is nothing, by the way my younger siblings has usa passport, yet I travel more than them with my e passport, with your cash you will travel any were you like forget about passport.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by justwise(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
ibe003: Let them go to hell joor, I love my E passport since I will use it to get any visa I like, its ok for me. Upon 9ija passport is low but you need to see how kenya immigration is admiring it,.. look, you need to be popular either by good or bad, we are the most popular black nation not because of any other thing but due to our arrogant, we are the smartest African country, oyibo people self are afraid of us, let them give us free visa whether they no go hear am. 9ija no day carry last.

Embarrassed. Smh

3 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by fireforfire: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
continentalceo: I love my country! Even if the nija passport can only enter Nija visa free, I go still dey rep Nija big time cus me and you are the chan undecidedge Nigeria is waiting for. A lot of dead heroes spent their entire lives making sure that American, British Canadian, German and Australian passports can Enter as Much countries visa free. So fellow Nigerian, instead of waiting for the change, BE THE CHANGE..

story
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by fireforfire: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
radiorebel: I see nufin if we ar below other countries in Africa..most we always be da first

chaii... ur type of person is such dat is ok with whatever position he finds himself be it little or nothing . no aspiration at all , no big dream to luk up to.
pls start thinkng big
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by shakrullah(m): 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and develop your country.

guy u are on point
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by mikkyphp(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
I always try to be a different "Nigerian" whenever i am abroad, to at least contribute in my own little way of changing the ubiquitous notion of the "Typical Nigerian"
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by continentalceo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
fireforfire:

story

Unbeliever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / Despite 800 New BRT Buses, See How Lagos Bus Terminals Look On Monday Morning / Gigantic Tortoise Roaming Freely In Maiduguri After Flood (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.