Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

The World's Most Powerful Passports. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The World's Most Powerful Passports. (52317 Views)

10 Most Powerful Passports In The World / World's Most Powerful Passports. Guess Where Nigeria Falls / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Tolucciii: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Those funny African countries up there do not matter to me. We Nigerians should start representing ourselves very responsibly anywhere we find ourselves. I love my country Nigeria. In few years Nigeria will regain her strength back

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by bebe2(f): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin grin

I wish money dey follow dis d British passport come sef undecided

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Afam4eva(m): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
majekdom2: We are not poor when it comes to natural resources , we are poor because we got a poor human resource. majority of naijas are not credible.
Majority of Nigerians may not be credible because Nigeria is a poor country and it has nothing to do with natural resources. If you can't use the resources to take care of your citizens then the country is damn poor and this material poverty has begotten mental poverty and that is why countries can not allow a free reign of people from Nigeria. they have to be curtailed else they will turn these countries into a hell of some sort. You don't know how bad Nigerians can be until you encounter them outside the country and juxtapose them with citizens f those countries. I have been in Mauritius for a few months and what shook me about the country apart from the serenity and beauty is the fact that people here obey traffic rules. i see a car stopping for a traffic light deep in the night and the Nigerian in me is like, dude, you're the only one on the road, move the fvck on. now, just last month for the first time in broad day light i saw a car disobey traffic and i was really surprised as i've never seen such in this country. only for me to look closely and see that the person driving the car was a Nigerian that i know. Only a Nigerian and people from similar countries can cause havoc in otherwise peaceful country and that is why Nigerians are hated in almost every part of the globe where they call home. They don't respect themselves let alone the country where they find themselves. So, tell me why these countries should allow a free reign of Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Revolva(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
i said it Nigeria is a curse
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Afam4eva(m): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ZUBY77:

Check my post again.
The second line says Blacks are the poorest.
I got that covered afam my man.

Like you said about America, why would you leave you place if everything you need is there?

You can't go from USA to live in Somalia.
It must be the other way round.

Guess whose passport should have free access?

There are several factors that made things the way it is.
When our country becomes safe and rich, foreign nations will give you access to their country because you are more likely to go and spend your wealth there than to depend on them.

Dangote won't have problem getting free access to anywhere. If heaven gives Visa, they will give him easily too.
Every body likes the rich.
Well said.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
ZUBY77: Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and develop your country.

Damn funny! smiley
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Afam4eva:
Majority of Nigerians may not be credible because Nigeria is a poor country and it has nothing to do with natural resources. If you can't use the resources to take care of your citizens then the country is damn poor and this material poverty has begotten mental poverty and that is why countries can not allow a free reign of people from Nigeria. they have to be curtailed else they will turn these countries into a hell of some sort. You don't know how bad Nigerians can be until you encounter them outside the country and juxtapose them with citizens f those countries. I have been in Mauritius for a few months and what shook me about the country apart from the serenity and beauty is the fact that people here obey traffic rules. i see a car stopping for a traffic light deep in the night and the Nigerian in me is like, dude, you're the only one on the road, move the fvck on. now, just last month for the first time in broad day light i saw a car disobey traffic and i was really surprised as i've never seen such in this country. only for me to look closely and see that the person driving the car was a Nigerian that i know. Only a Nigerian and people from similar countries can cause havoc in otherwise peaceful country and that is why Nigerians are hated in almost every part of the globe where they call home. They don't respect themselves let alone the country where they find themselves. So, tell me why these countries should allow a free reign of Nigerians.

Say no more...read the below...

Kunleoduwole: Hello House,yesterday i was at the uk vfs to pick my application .Upon opening the package,i discovered my passport was not inside,but the note inside the pack said my passport has been retained because it had counterfeit Nigerian and Ghana immigration stamps. Though prior to my applying for a uk visa,last year i gave my passport to an agent to help me stamp on it to show fat i had a little travel history.The note further said enquiries will be undertaken before the passport will be forwarded to Nigeria immigration abuja..Dont know what to do now.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
sadeven though I hold the most powerful I'm still sad for my country.. Nigeria we need to be at the top !!! angry
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
Revolva: i said it Nigeria is a curse

grin

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
ZUBY77:

Check my post again.
The second line says Blacks are the poorest.
I got that covered afam my man.

Like you said about America, why would you leave you place if everything you need is there?

You can't go from USA to live in Somalia.
It must be the other way round.

Guess whose passport should have free access?

There are several factors that made things the way it is.
When our country becomes safe and rich, foreign nations will give you access to their country because you are more likely to go and spend your wealth there than to depend on them.

Dangote won't have problem getting free access to anywhere. If heaven gives Visa, they will give him easily too.
Every body likes the rich.

Well said.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by ibkgab001: 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Even if I die.. I would like to come back to Nigeria ... I always thank God I'm a Nigerian ... A country that is blessed with many natural resources..... No hard disasters likeit happens in other country... Ordinary volcanic eruption or mud slide can wipe out generations ... Tornadoes in America... Excessive flood in china....earth quake in European countries ... If not for Bokoharam I have never regrect been a Nigerian
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by emmabest2000(m): 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
debayun: Nawa for naija
Na today you know If u carry 9jar pali na dustbin u carry ooooo ... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Turbocharged: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thats no much difference between the man that is travelling with visa and the one travelling without. Either of them could be denied entry at the port of enty
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
No problem. In 2yrs time I will get my Austrian citizenship smiley
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nobleval: No problem. In 2yrs time I will get my Austrian citizenship smiley

Carry waka.

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by xp17(m): 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
Afam4eva:
You're saying all these to make Nigeria look good. Even though your hypothesis works for some countries, it doesn't ring true for countries like Nigeria, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. There are other variables that countries use to give free access to people from another country and Nigeria usually falls short of those variables. How come the US with about 300 million people have access to 172 countries and Nigeria with approximately 150 million people don't have that kind of luxury? One good reason among others is poverty.
you guys should stop all this bullshit about Nigeria being 150/160 million people. Nigeria can not be more than 60 million people. all these geometrical increases in population is just to get more governmental fundings , embezzlement of public funds and getting more foreign aids. the last time Nigeria made headcount , most people were uncounted, for lack of accessible road networks , most of the upper class didn't open their gates to the enumerators , some in the rural communities went to their various farm sites to carry out their regular duties , yet they came out with about 140million figures. btw, were you counted?

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
dreyjacs: Nigeria...smh. our passport ranks low beyond what? Gambia? so far the only goodnews out of Nigeria is its ability to contain Ebola without foreign aid
That tells you how unique we are , only waiting to get it right once these crop of iidiotic leaders are out of the way either by crook or hook.

Trust me this country is going to be a great country ,it might not necessarily be in our time but we need to make that positive leap that'd usher in a better Nigeria for our children and generations unborn.

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
#Canada #Nigeria kiss

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 12:03am On Sep 21, 2014
datalossvictim1: sadeven though I hold the most powerful I'm still sad for my country.. Nigeria we need to be at the top !!! angry
Do not be sad for Nigeria.Be sad for yourself .

Do something for Nigeria.

Being sad for Nigeria only shows how empty you are just like the too many iidiots that had opportunities to fix her yet they couldn't.
Sotay! peeps like IBB that annulled a peaceful ,free and fair democratic election wants to be President again.......What have you contributed to the actualization of the Nigeria of your dream sister ?
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Nigerian passport used to be visa free to Singapore until 2007,I was among the last set to enjoy the privilege cheesy
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by sonnie10: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2014
The only reason UK would rank higher than the US is due to commonwealth countries which are mostly visa free for the UK. A good example is Nigeria, that would issue UK passport holders visa on arrival at the airport. This is more or less like visa free. Secondly, the reciprocity method is still considered by most countries, - what this means is that if your country makes my country visa free, my country would do the same for your country.
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 21, 2014
Truckpusher: Do not be sad for Nigeria.Be sad for yourself .

Do something for Nigeria.

Being sad for Nigeria only shows how empty you are just like the too many iidiots that had opportunities to fix her yet they couldn't.
Sotay! peeps like IBB that annulled a peaceful ,free and fair democratic election wants to be President again.......What have you contributed to the actualization of the Nigeria of your dream sister ?

I'm speechless !
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 12:14am On Sep 21, 2014
jennykadry:

Did they ask you for money for pure water when they counted you? they asked my mum grin

My mum told them she had mortuary level chilled water in the fridge. Them no collect that one grin
I was counted when I was a kid and I still have the exercise book that my Dad and Uncles painstakingly wrote down all the names of the family members back then in the early 90s.
Yes , I was counted and they never demanded for anything.
Our typical culture of hospitality ensured that the men were fed for free because back in those days people believed in the govt no matter how bad the govt is.

Denying anybody water is a crime against humanity and asking for money for pure water is a shame , a collective shame that shows how bad the society has spiralled out of control.
The last counting exercise you experienced, I was already independent and I made sure I was counted.

Honestly ,your mom has a great sense of humour grin

2 Likes

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 21, 2014
freecitizn: Smh...the nigerian passport is more of a liability and sets you back way behind your peers globally...
Its all we got anyways...and we all contributed to its status either by action or inaction. Congratulations to all in advance though ....cos it can only get better!

i dnt buy your idea one bit

you've got alot of explaining to do.

it might be a liability for you because u ain't patriotic and proud..as for me,absolutely not.

i won't dump my naija passport for uk nor u.s..i rather die.

I'll continue feeling proud not even those silly foreign immigration officers nor airport officials can f.uckk with me cus of my pass..

1Love9ja..united foreversmiley

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Truckpusher(m): 12:23am On Sep 21, 2014
datalossvictim1:

I'm speechless !
You don't need to be speechless.

Until we start making sacrifices in our little corners for Nigeria, we'll remain this way waiting for manner from heaven.

That manner will never come ,and just until then we'll continuously be seen as the scum of the world.
We'll get there but there are prices my dear,the question is ;are we willing to pay the price for greatness that we yearn for ?

1 Like

Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Truckpusher: You don't need to be speechless.

Until we start making sacrifices in our little corners for Nigeria, we'll remain this way waiting for manner from heaven.

That manner will never come ,and just until then we'll continuously be seen as the scum of the world.
We'll get there but there are prices my dear,the question is ;are we willing to pay the price for greatness that we yearn for ?

I'm really sad for Nigeria sad I pray the power holders get their acts together ...
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by AfricanApple(f): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2014
until we begin to think...

zuby77, u tried
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by youngice(m): 12:53am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: Look at it this way. Nigeria is the most populous black nation.
Blacks are the poorest race in the world.

Give them free access to your country and they will invade you.
They still invade you without free access.

What are Germans, Australians, Swedish and British going to do in America?
Their countries are almost the same in development and mindsets.

Down to Africa,

Gambia is about 4000 square miles. With 1.8 million people.

Kano state is 7800 square miles with 11 million people.

Tell me why Kano people should be encouraged to go to Gambia.

If the 1.8 million people of Gambia come to Kano, nobody will know. And they have empty country.
If 2 million people from Kano go to Gambia, the country sinks into the sea.

Therefore Kano/Nigeria must be stopped from going to Gambia or anywhere by all means. (no free entry)

You must stay here and develop your country.

this poster can lie ehhhh
Re: The World's Most Powerful Passports. by xp17(m): 12:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Truckpusher: I was counted when I was a kid and I still have the exercise book that my Dad and Uncles painstakingly wrote down all the names of the family members back then in the early 90s.
Yes , I was counted and they never demanded for anything.
Our typical culture of hospitality ensured that the men were fed for free because back in those days people believed in the govt no matter how bad the govt is.

Denying anybody water is a crime against humanity and asking for money for pure water is a shame , a collective shame that shows how bad the society has spiralled out of control.
The last counting exercise you experienced, I was already independent and I made sure I was counted.

Honestly ,your mom has a great sense of humour grin
you were counted when you were a kid? that was probably 1991 PC. you didn't remember there was another sometime in 2005 or 2006 or so . you probably have forgotten because you were uncounted as a result of too busy pushing your truck.

NIGERIA population is less than 60m. stop deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / Ibadan To Lagos Train Stuck In The Forest As Fuel Finishes (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.