Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:44 PM

PDP Cancels Presidential Primary - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Cancels Presidential Primary (23151 Views)

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga / Gov: Rivers PDP Cancels Zoning, Clears Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 21, 2014
pelvicky: GEJ IS the main man ,,,we need you,,we love you,,you care for us,,we need you to survive

APC can't beat the reach(GEJ)
and who are the we here? How hav u benefited from his administratn?

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by AyeeIdris(f): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2014
wo1F:

Please don't take this the wrong way but you don't know what you're talking, okay?
In the US, whose Presidential system of Govt we copy pronto, the aspirants at the first shot at the White house all go through primaries quite alright just like we do here.
However after the first term if the occupier of the office of the POTUS wants wants a second term especially if he's done well, his party (be it Democratic or Republican) gives him a right of first refusal. Once he accepts to run, the party immediately adopts him as the sole candidate in the general election and goes on to ratify him at the convention.
That's has been the practice in US in their over 200years of democracy. Please get your facts right next time before rushing to foreclose on issues.

Obasanjo went to primaries in 2003 because he could not unite his party and even in his then vice, Atiku behind his vision. But a humble and meek Jonathan has. Its a mile stone and I'm proud of him

Cc: largeoseni, kasheemawo, AyeeIdris, gnykelly. Read, learn and make necessary adjustments to your submissions.
Cheers.

i read your submissions and i beg to differ. First, we are not America
Second, We have always had primaries, or PDP atleast. with Obj, with YAr adua even with his overwhelming support. whatever the reason . the primaries are there for every member of the party to cast their vote. Unless what you are implying that GEJ has just been endorsed by all the members and not just a select committee.
third- APC has been heavily critized and rightly so for doing similar endorsement. i find it morally wrong that it now becomes ok.
bonus- come on bros.u and i know PDP is far from united. none of our parties are united.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 21, 2014
Amanwulu1: which masses? Do masses participate in primaries? D masses will hv their chance at d general electn.
so who participate in primaries then? The NEC?
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by cliffm43: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=olaeffect]

Saying GEJ is the best Nigeria ever had is at best your opinion, and you have a right to your opinion. But saying he is the best Nigeria will ever have, I see that as a curse, and if you see it as a good wish, may it rest upon you and your family, minus my own share of Nigeria because Nigeria does not belong only to the vision less few. I see a better Nigeria someday, if this is your vision of the best that Nigeria should be at this point in time (with our wealth in comparison to SA/UAE, then I weep for you.

Mind you I voted for GEJ in the last election and I will vote for him again if APC brings out a worse candidate than GEJ, but he is not the best we have had (my opinion) nor the best we can have (my prayer for Nigeria)[/

since Nigerian independent in 1960 till today,no leader have done anything for the people,suffering have become part of the youths,that boys and girls die in hunger across the border ,,but if we can have people who have Nigeria at heart,the blessed country Nigeria will be the best in World..let us pray for Mr Jona,,,,he will always have my Vote.......Buhari should rest and wait for his last breath,at 83yrs old of age,he still fight to rule..is he the only man in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Btruth: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2014
largeoseni: Now I see what our $20bn was used for. GEJ Nigeria's most corrupt president. Someone tell me how much was given to members of NEC to adopt GEJ....
Exactly. That was why non of them in the government can account for the missing $21b. And yet, Jonathan kept on borrowing money from foreign land.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by ionsman: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
IYANGBALI: are you not a Nigerian?if it is the Nigeria that we all know the winner of an election,even before the election is conducted and with the power of ikubenchi,the man don already win the erec-tion,the voting is just a formality,me I don already give up on this
Lol funny but painfully true.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Daplux4: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Timothy3113: your family shall experience, Gej lack of Good leadership. Bh shall be your victim, the shall crush your family, then you will agree that Gej till 2019
our constituton said freedom of worship and u think u can change it through ur bh dubious ambition
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Chinom(m): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2014
They surely read my post on this matter on another thread. Haha... it's good to be right. That is the most sensible decision.

GEJ is the best we have for now. I'm not playing politics here, because i belong to neither PDP nor APC. I am responding as a concerned and proud Nigerian. I just DO NOT want any body to turn the little progress we have booked upside down. GEJ needs another 4 years to consildate. It's not even about Johathan as a person, but about the qualified and dedicated people he sorrounded himself with.

I will vote for him, no matter who APC nominates. The Power roadmap is the clincher for me. We need regular electricity like we need Oxygen.

Did i hear somebody say : Atiku....Jeeezus ! mere mention of that name turns my stomach.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by synergycom19: 9:50am On Sep 21, 2014
I have always know that GEJ will avoid primaries, he doesn't even trust the governors campaigning for him, or the delegates. He knows their heart is saying someyhing else .Because his performance is woeful
He cannot face Sule Lamido and ensure that he will seal through easily as in 2011

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Olong(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2014
kasheemawo: Jonathan shd hav allowed primary to hold to test his acceptability by the masses. He is coward.

Allow primary to contest against who? Afraid of who?
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Lucasbalo(m): 9:50am On Sep 21, 2014
The system of Government in Nigeria is simply Kleptocracy not Democracy. The country is being run like a family business by inept, no good corrupt leaders and their greedy oligarchs partner in crime. GEJ lapdogs are the mental dwarfs that have sold their birth rights for a little bag of rice and vegetable oil. How can you justify the country which is a cesspool of mismanagement and corruption . The classical case of STOCKHOLM SYNDROME where the oppressed falls in love with their oppressors. How can you explain a situation where an average Nigerian lives on less than $5 a day. No wonder Nigeria is referred to as a third world. I hope the youths will rise up and kick all this worthless, no good cretins out of power. Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by dabossman(m): 9:51am On Sep 21, 2014
AyeeIdris: isn't this one of the major criticism of APC ? Unilaterally selecting a candidate without primaries. This sets a bad precedence. EVen if GEJ is the clear favourite of his party, i prefer they do the primaries still.

Thank you dear. PDP keeps accusing APC (previously ACN) of a lack of internal democracy, but now they are towing the same path. Even under Obasanjo when we knew that candidates were handpicked and ghana-must-go circulated PDP still had proper primaries. Now this. So sad.

So no late night votes counting. Hhm, I still remember...., Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Rimi! Obasanjo, Obasanjo, Obasanjo...
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Daplux4: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2014
kimond101: Think adopting GEJ is the right thing for the party (PDP) to do since he is the present president who still has an intention of running another tenure.
If they decide to do another primaries that means they are not satisfied with what GEJ has been doing which would give the other parties an edge over them.
There's something about GEJ that is just likable sha even though I can't figure it out yet.
for 4yrs u can't figure out one reason why u hate him, u are being sentimental.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by londoner: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2014
Alexgeneration: PDP is really setting a bad precedent in this our nascent democracy. In advanced climes, even the best incumbents still go through the process of party primaries. We shouldn't keep doing things the wrong way every time.

To be fair, there are probably no other candidates. Who will stand up and take on the BH issue, right now? Those that only want to get close to power for their own selfish gain have probably taken a step back.

They don't want to be a in a position to have to tackle the issues that a president will have to take on his/her shoulders, this time around.

However, if the ruling party and the opposition don't hold primaries, it has set the political process in Nigeria back, by a large measure.
It does undermine the appearance of a democratic process.

It just becomes about individuals, rather than the process, which needs to mature over time.

If APC wants to win, they should field Fashola as their presidential candidate.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by kimond101: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Daplux4: for 4yrs u can't figure out one reason why u hate him, u are being sentimental.

I don't hate GEJ. That he is a likable man is what I meant.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by lacasa: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2014
This is how tinz wiill add up -

PdP - GEJ
ApC - GMB

South South will vote Jona
South East will vote Jona

Middle belt - 1/2 - jona. 1/2 - GMB

North West - GMB
North East - GMB

Now, as was 2011 the South West hold the joker.

But this tie around, the merger is in place.

So, all things being equal.. My South Western people hold the ace. Will it be the People's General (APC) or the Clueless incumbent (PDP)

Unto 201...........5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by lacasa: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Chinom: They surely read my post on this matter on another thread. Haha... it's good to be right. That is the most sensible decision.

GEJ is the best we have for now. I'm not playing politics here, because i belong to neither PDP nor APC. I am responding as a concerned and proud Nigerian. I just DO NOT want any body to turn the little progress we have booked upside down. GEJ needs another 4 years to consildate. It's not even about Johathan as a person, but about the qualified and dedicated people he sorrounded himself with.

I will vote for him, no matter who APC nominates. The Power roadmap is the clincher for me. We need regular electricity like we need Oxygen.

Did i hear somebody say : Atiku....Jeeezus ! mere mention of that name turns my stomach.

“It's not even about Johathan as a person, but about the qualified and dedicated people he sorrounded himself with.”

You are just deceiving yourself here, only you & no-one else.

Mtscheeu!

Qualified ke! sad

2 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by authority2006(m): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2014
So much for the much touted "internal democracy" of the PDP.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by dabossman(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2014
donpeey22: GEJ/SAMBO till 2019. Haters can go and do the needful.

Sambo? I doubt it strongly.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by duwdu: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2014
If the subject development is indeed true, then the PDP strategists have just shot their own party on the foot, in my view. I think this because, henceforth, and until the Presidential candidate of the APC for the 2015 general election is established, all eyes would be on the APC – enabling the APC to garner free publicity and get further engrained in the mind of the general public. This normally is an invaluable advantage in politics.

At the same time, however, the APC would need to make sure the party is not in the news mostly for the wrong reasons, otherwise it may turn out to be "double whammy" in favor of the PDP in the elections. (Apologies to John Major, a former multi-term premier of Great Britain.)

P34c3
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by meforyou1(m): 10:39am On Sep 21, 2014
kasheemawo: Jonathan shd hav allowed primary to hold to test his acceptability by the masses. He is coward.
is Jonathan PDP NEC?
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 21, 2014
Alexgeneration: PDP is really setting a bad precedent in this our nascent democracy. In advanced climes, even the best incumbents still go through the process of party primaries. We shouldn't keep doing things the wrong way every time.

He's an incumbent aspirant, so his party is under no obligation to have him go through primaries. Even Obama during his second term campaign never participated in any primary election and such is the case worldwide.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 21, 2014
AyeeIdris: isn't this one of the major criticism of APC ? Unilaterally selecting a candidate without primaries. This sets a bad precedence. EVen if GEJ is the clear favourite of his party, i prefer they do the primaries still.

Exactly though. Clear case of kettle calling pot black. Bloody Hypocrites!
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by duwdu: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014
meforyou1: is Jonathan PDP NEC?

Actually, for all practical purposes, President Jonathan controls the NEC of his party, the PDP. It would be naive of him not to so do. So it has been before him, and so it's likely to continue to be.

P34c3
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by valianty(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Every incumbent president tends to control the party decision to get a second term if there is room for it. We cannot get another Mandela who stepped down after a successful single term. It is sad to see incompetence at a first trial lobbying for a second chance. Well na naija we dey. However, the opposition will not do something better(my prediction) as long as our politics is still a selfish one.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Vikthor(m): 10:56am On Sep 21, 2014
Please..GEJ shld not contest...
Don't ask me why...the answer is obviously out there... Floating around ...... angry
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Azboy34(m): 11:03am On Sep 21, 2014
I dont even know y Nigerians will never allow a change 2 occur. PDP has governed Nigeria 4 long nd yet no development so far. I just pray APC emerge d winner perhaps a better candidate will be preferable. Oh! Allah choose 4 us.. we need ur Intervention Oh! God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by MarshRiley(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Like always,Nigerian youths came here to rant about something that has nothing to do with them...we all knew pdp will bring out Jona and Apc??Buhari
Election will hold,Jona will win,we'll suffer another 4yrs,tho with much improved electricity sha....I just wonder how something that's happening btw PDP members and APC members is your business,not like they gve a Bleep about Us anyway
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Azboy34(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Jamaa hausa wa de Yoruba wa let vote wisely cum 2015 election. we need nd we deserve d best..let vote Jonathan out cus i see no changes so far in his adminstratn..sorry 2 say..Apc all d way!

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Chinom(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2014
lacasa:

“It's not even about Johathan as a person, but about the qualified and dedicated people he sorrounded himself with.”

You are just deceiving yourself here, only you & no-one else.

Mtscheeu!

Qualified ke! sad

YES, eminently qualified . From Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to Aganga, Oscar onyema, Mustapha Chike Obi, Prof. Nebo, Dr. Sam Amadi, Aruma Oteh, Adeshina etc. Yes, they are pushing the transformation agenda. Maybe, you have a problem with their tribe. Sorry. GEJ chose the best. Not to forget Prof Bath Nnaji who kick-started the power roadmap.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by duwdu: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2014
When Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State was attempting to go for a second term as the governor of his state and his attempt was being vehemently opposed by the generality of the people of Edo, Lucky's father, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, then said:

"Una say Lucky failed during hin first term. Shebi na person wey fail exam dey repeat'am? Enhehn, make una let'am repeat na, this time, hin go pass."

grin grin grin

P34c3
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by jilesejibril: 11:09am On Sep 21, 2014
hmmmm perfect article no time for politics all the time for my mummy she is the best now she have giving me all her money she bought the house i and my family are today. my life has changed for good when i met my sugar mummy and Thank God for the help of mr francis Ejike who help me to get the sugar mummy of my life today if you know you are interested and you need one kindly contact him on the tel number:08104264339 hope he help you too and lets chop this money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike & Abdulsalami Abubakar At The Inauguration Of Pamo University (Photos) / Reno: Buhari, Osinbajo Still On Twitter Yet NBC Orders Stations To Deactivate / President Tinubu Arrives Lagos For Sallah Celebrations (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.