Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

PDP Cancels Presidential Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Cancels Presidential Primary (23155 Views)

FG Cancels Presidential Scholarship(pressid) / NEDG Cancels Presidential Debate Over Election Shift Saga / Gov: Rivers PDP Cancels Zoning, Clears Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by siverspooon(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2014
foliman: abeg, who get pin-mouth charger here?

hahahahahahahahahahaha guy u get mouth
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Boboedom: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2014
It is the right thing to do. All over the world the seating President always have the right of first refusal except where the Parliament makes a drammatic change or due to some exigencies like health or resignation. So pls let us start growing as a nation. Congrats to the President and PDP.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by funshint(m): 8:06am On Sep 21, 2014
Isn't dis same thing they accused Tinubu/ACN of doing?! Hypocrites!!! I'm not against a consensus candidate its part of democracy but PDP shld just admit they goofed big time and tender a letter of apology to Tinubu! #PigdPig

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2014
GEJ/SAMBO till 2019. Haters can go and do the needful.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Adindupeter: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2014
AyeeIdris: isn't this one of the major criticism of APC ? Unilaterally selecting a candidate without primaries. This sets a bad precedence. EVen if GEJ is the clear favourite of his party, i prefer they do the primaries still.
It's not too late to prove how much you hate him. 2015 General election is just a stone throw...

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by darlingtonNYIG(m): 8:09am On Sep 21, 2014
Alexgeneration: PDP is really setting a bad precedent in this our nascent democracy. In advanced climes, even the best incumbents still go through the process of party primaries. We shouldn't keep doing things the wrong way every time.
which advanced certain are you talking about, guess the USA and UK is included right? Have you seen any second term bidder in the US going through primaries, in 2012 Mr Obama never went through primaries and so did Bush and Clinton. So get your facts right before talking.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by funshint(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2014
Amanwulu1: not same as what apc does. Dis is not one man bullying others to step down. Besides, u're talking about an incumbent president recieving d blessing of his party members. Do u hear anybody complaining as in d case of apc?
Guy u're a learner...just wait for the coming implosion in PDP as regards this selfish decision #Lamido #Tambuwal
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by justinc(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2014
ebele jona gawa niru anyi norghi na azu,good luck we love ooooo.abeg how much be fufu for abuja,i wan travel go buy am.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 21, 2014
This is a pdp affair!!!

He will be humiliated @ the polls

2 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by hardebounty(m): 8:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by hardebounty(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2014
Amanwulu1: Jonathan/Sambo all d way. Combination made for hell.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Kumalayer(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2014
kimond101: Think adopting GEJ is the right thing for the party (PDP) to do since he is the present president who still has an intention of running another tenure.
If they decide to do another primaries that means they are not satisfied with what GEJ has been doing which would give the other parties an edge over them.
There's something about GEJ that is just likable sha even though I can't figure it out yet.
Once you can't figure it out now,u can't figure it out forever.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by ionsman: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Another four years of having the clueless one......Oh my God!

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by ionsman: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2014
barcanista: This is a pdp affair!!!

He will be humiliated @ the polls
I seriously hope so. Can't stand another four years.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by wo1F(m): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Alexgeneration: PDP is really setting a bad precedent in this our nascent democracy. In advanced climes, even the best incumbents still go through the process of party primaries. We shouldn't keep doing things the wrong way every time.

Please don't take this the wrong way but you don't know what you're talking, okay?
In the US, whose Presidential system of Govt we copy pronto, the aspirants at the first shot at the White house all go through primaries quite alright just like we do here.
However after the first term if the occupier of the office of the POTUS wants wants a second term especially if he's done well, his party (be it Democratic or Republican) gives him a right of first refusal. Once he accepts to run, the party immediately adopts him as the sole candidate in the general election and goes on to ratify him at the convention.
That's has been the practice in US in their over 200years of democracy. Please get your facts right next time before rushing to foreclose on issues.

Obasanjo went to primaries in 2003 because he could not unite his party and even in his then vice, Atiku behind his vision. But a humble and meek Jonathan has. Its a mile stone and I'm proud of him

Cc: largeoseni, kasheemawo, AyeeIdris, gnykelly. Read, learn and make necessary adjustments to your submissions.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by olaeffect(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2014
APC we are waiting for you. please don't make 2015 elections a walkover ooo.

You are our only alternative or we are destined for another 4 years of mediocrity. And I say this without any apology, the biggest room in the world is the room for development. I believe GEJ is not the best Nigeria can get.

The world is leaving us behind we can't afford to continue on a normal slow path, we need a radical fast change. May God grant APC the wisdom to put sentiment apart and give us a worthy opposition.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by NosaHenry(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=Alexgeneration]PDP is really setting a bad precedent in this our nascent democracy. In advanced climes, even the best incumbents still go through the process of party primaries. We shouldn't keep doing things the wrong way every time.[/quote
Which advance climate are you talking about. In the US it is automatic ticket for incubent president.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Azboy34(m): 8:49am On Sep 21, 2014
Ina kwana ku! Antashi lafia ko? Ojumo iree o.. se a ajiirebi? Ibo olachi..olotimere? i av decided 2 fold my arms nd watch hw situation of things Unfold..i taya 4 9ja politics o..
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by cliffm43: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
THOSE WHO HATE MR JONA SHALL DIE IN SHAME IN 2015,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MAY ALWAYS BE WITH HIM IN JESUS NAME....JONA IS THE BEST FOR NIGERIA AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE BEST PRESIDENT IN NAIJA.....CARRY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by bokoarerams: 8:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Timothy3113: your family shall experience, Gej lack of Good leadership. Bh shall be your victim, the shall crush your family, then you will agree that Gej till 2019
bad belle, ur family shall be wiped out before 2015 so dat u won't see our Gej become president. Better go and chatter enof coffins ooo
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by IYANGBALI: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2014
AyeeIdris: isn't this one of the major criticism of APC ? Unilaterally selecting a candidate without primaries. This sets a bad precedence. EVen if GEJ is the clear favourite of his party, i prefer they do the primaries still.
you have said it all baby,I wonder who the PDP is afraid of
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Imoy(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2014
kasheemawo: Jonathan shd hav allowed primary to hold to test his acceptability by the masses. He is coward.
U are the bigger coward here...

Did the write up specify that it was jonathan who asked them not to do the primaries?

“There will be no primary again because we already
have a candidate and what we will do is that delegates
will just ratify him.”

its has noting to do with jona.

Read, understand bfre u spew rubbish.

Thank U.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by IYANGBALI: 9:04am On Sep 21, 2014
ionsman:
I seriously hope so. Can't stand another four years.
are you not a Nigerian?if it is the Nigeria that we all know the winner of an election,even before the election is conducted and with the power of ikubenchi,the man don already win the erec-tion,the voting is just a formality,me I don already give up on this
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2014
kasheemawo: Jonathan shd hav allowed primary to hold to test his acceptability by the masses. He is coward.

Do the masses vote in Primaries? NO!

The masses vote in the general election and his excellency is presenting himself for the masses to make their choice.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by cocoduck: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2014
STFU. What clime are you yabbing about? F00ls like you think you are wise but you guys don't know Jack. Did you even follow the US 2012 elections? Did you see the democrats conducting any primaries? FYI only the republicans this time around went though primaries. F00l.
Abuse me in return if you wish.

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by olaeffect(m): 9:09am On Sep 21, 2014
cliffm43: THOSE WHO HATE MR JONA SHALL DIE IN SHAME IN 2015,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MAY ALWAYS BE WITH HIM IN JESUS NAME....JONA IS THE BEST FOR NIGERIA AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN THE BEST PRESIDENT IN NAIJA.....CARRY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saying GEJ is the best Nigeria ever had is at best your opinion, and you have a right to your opinion. But saying he is the best Nigeria will ever have, I see that as a curse, and if you see it as a good wish, may it rest upon you and your family, minus my own share of Nigeria because Nigeria does not belong only to the vision less few. I see a better Nigeria someday, if this is your vision of the best that Nigeria should be at this point in time (with our wealth in comparison to SA/UAE, then I weep for you.

Mind you I voted for GEJ in the last election and I will vote for him again if APC brings out a worse candidate than GEJ, but he is not the best we have had (my opinion) nor the best we can have (my prayer for Nigeria)

3 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by ochiosa(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Testing his acceptability by the masses will be in the general general election and not primary.
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by IYANGBALI: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2014
ionsman: Another four years of having the clueless one......Oh my God!
another 4 yrs of mama peace's drama and gbagaunsgrin

1 Like

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by cocoduck: 9:12am On Sep 21, 2014
So 1diots like your a55 vote in the primaries. These apc people are really 5tupid
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Gbawe2: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2014
funshint:
Guy u're a learner... just wait for the coming implosion in PDP as regards this selfish decision #Lamido #Tambuwal

This is my thinking too. The problem is that Nigerian followers are light years behind the machinations of their leaders. Do people think GEJ will simply gain the "endorsement" of the PDP and everyone will go home to work for his 2015 win?This is not 2011 where Dbanj and Nollywood sang and danced for GEJ. GEJ is now a well-known entity. Universally, he is now firmly viewed as a failed leader with nothing to offer Nigerians. He is no longer the "boy with no shoes".

GEJ has made his move using the money and influence of the Presidency and others, inevitably, will now be forced to make their move. I personally predicted that GEJ will throw whatever money or patronage towards gaining the PDP ticket. People should not be under any illusions. There are many angry and disgruntled PDP men forced to toe the line. The PDP, overnight, has now gained a lot of 'enemies within' who will have to move beyond apathy to deal with what is now reality. Things from this point on will be interesting.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2014
kimond101: Think adopting GEJ is the right thing for the party (PDP) to do since he is the present president who still has an intention of running another tenure.
If they decide to do another primaries that means they are not satisfied with what GEJ has been doing which would give the other parties an edge over them.
There's something about GEJ that is just likable sha even though I can't figure it out yet.
what are the elements of democracy then?
Re: PDP Cancels Presidential Primary by jaytee01(m): 9:24am On Sep 21, 2014
Is he afraid to test his much trumpeted popularity in an open primary? Maybe he should emulate Abacha and kickstart the process to have himself adopted by all the parties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / Gunmen Attack Gurmana, Shiroro In Niger State, Kill Residents / Buhari Receives Angela Merkel, German Chancellor (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.