Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! (12610 Views)

Intermittent Starting Problem -2007 Honda Accord. / Pls Solution To Intermittent Spark On Battery Cable During Connection / Car Jerks When Put In Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Bossmd: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2014
mayor2013: After all the cleaning I expected the op to inspect his charcoal canister. But since some1 came knocking saying charcoal canisters don't cause any damage to ones car. I kukuma sit down dey look.@ op mind you if your car has a purge control solenoid which I believe it has you must also check that too. To complete the job. Also finally if I were the one working on your car I would change the ckp to make the job perfectly done

Lol.....@Mayor pls don't take offence on his statement. I think the man was only trying to share his own opinion.

Meanwhile, where is the purge control solenoid located? Then what is ckp?
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Bossmd:

Thanks so much Lomomike, you are a great guy no doubt. But I will take my time to study all your advice....it is not that easy I must admit. All those steps are quite tasking and I may need some hands especially in the area of raising the car. I am pondering on the best approach right now.

Pls study the picture below....I took it from underneath the car this morning. Could that be the VSV?

Is it from the EVAP charcoal canister pot, and does it have a wiring harness attached to it?

I'd like you to take a picture showing the whole EVAP charcoal canister and circle the VSV
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Bossmd: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2014
lomomike:

Is it from the EVAP charcoal canister pot, and does it have a wiring harness attached to it?

I'd like you to take a picture showing the whole EVAP charcoal canister and circle the VSV

How do you circle a part of a picture? I've always wanted to know how to do that.
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bossmd:

How do you circle a part of a picture? I've always wanted to know how to do that.
Use any PC or mobile photo editor.
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by mayor2013: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
That is what a purge control solenoid is but mind you yours might look different. It work in relation with your charcoal canister. Simply by sending gas from your fuel to the canister. Your canister is your repository for the gas.it is located in your engine bay. Some where close to be back of the engine cylinder. Your crank shaft position sensor (ckP) is located close to your pulley regoin

Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by chukel(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Everything these guys are describing to you is exactly in the manual I sent to you. The diagrams are there exactly the way it is in your car with exact locations. Study the diagrams and get down to work or u contact mayor since you are in lagos. He will do a better job since he is experienced while u learn. The diagram u r seeing above- vsv purge or whatever it's called is almost attached to Ur air filter box in Ur engine bay.
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
chukel: Everything these guys are describing to you is exactly in the manual I sent to you. The diagrams are there exactly the way it is in your car with exact locations. Study the diagrams and get down to work or u contact mayor since you are in lagos. He will do a better job since he is experienced while u learn. The diagram u r seeing above- vsv purge or whatever it's called is almost attached to Ur air filter box in Ur engine bay.

Send me the PDF copy too if you have a copy for highlander 1st gen (2000-2007) and RX330 pls send it to my email
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by mayor2013: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ op now am just going through your first pix for your car. Look at the 1st pix you would see an object some what cylindrical with two red socket wires. That is your purge control solenoid
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Bossmd: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
@Mayor, Roger that.

Thanks everyone.

You all have been really helpful. You will all agree with me that this won't be an easy task especially the part that has to do with unmounting the Charcoal Canister. But I will put in my best.
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by chukel(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
lomomike:

Send me the PDF copy too if you have a copy for highlander 1st gen (2000-2007) and RX330 pls send it to my email
is d highlander 4cyl or v6. 4cyl is 2az-fe I think. I have chilton's manual for both cars but not in pdf. But I can get u 2az-fe for 4cyl highlander pdf version
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
chukel: is d highlander 4cyl or v6. 4cyl is 2az-fe I think. I have chilton's manual for both cars but not in pdf. But I can get u 2az-fe for 4cyl highlander pdf version

4cylinder model bro
Re: Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! by chukel(m): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
lomomike:

4cylinder model bro
check ur mail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X / Bugatti Divo Undergoes A Makeover, Unrevealed At Paris Auto Show - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.