Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System (14818 Views)

Hilarious Photo Of Government Vs People (pics) / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by Blaqsmith(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
erico2k2:
And where did you get that from?Is that what you where thought at secondary school?
no.I wasn't taught at school.

That's is just my own personal idea.
...And why I ended my opinion with "I stand to be corrected" is comprehensive enough.
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by sexzskil(f): 12:01am On Sep 23, 2014
kilokeys: u barely see girls on this thread..

sawdust in their skull, most of them..
I have been observing, and I realized indeed that naira land is a forum for dummies, created by a dummy himself. it is therefore expedient to conclude that Nigerians are dummies.

NIGERIA PRACTISES THE US PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT, AND SO 91% OF AFRICAN STATES.

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOREVER!
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Amefrica: US has one head of state and he's the same as the head of government, while Britain has them separately the head of state is the monarch while the head of government is the Prime Minister (appointed by the queen) which is the leader of the party. Him and his ministers are collectively accountable to the monarch, when a minister messes up the whole cabinet is responsible.

A President can be impeached and a cabinet can be dissolved too - the Prime Minister can be thrown out with "vote of no confidence". When a President get impeached no minister follows him, but when a Prime Minister gets voted out (no confidence), he leaves with his ministers.

In my own layman view, any government that provide security and concerned about the social welfare of its citizenry is a good government. Any govt that doesn't do so, the citizens have the power to vote him out during the next election and/or maybe revolt against the government.

Unlike Authoritarian States, where government are kinda less-concerned about their citizens, maybe because they don't rely on the citizens to get to where they are..

So far, so good US and Britain & Canada rock.

the queen does apoint a prime minister, the prime minister becomes one after winning elections, the queen does a ceremonial duty as if she has appointed one but the prime minister comes from the winning party and usually it is the leader of the party

the queen as no powers at all

most people outside UK get confused with this, the queen is just a ceremonial head just keeping there history of kings and queen but plays no role in politics

the british monarch is more like a british pride to show the world and also a tourist attraction

http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/HowtheMonarchyworks/HowtheMonarchyworks.aspx
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by richol(m): 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
erico2k2:
Dont just say correct at other people's opinion, you might be wrong as the case is here, if you did Government in secondary school you will know that there is no system of Govt in the world called Congress system of government rather the USA has a system we all know to be PRESIDENTIAL SYSTEM. so the Americans has same system as we do in Nigeria.Like someone said before they named their parliament congress.
! Sure xnow....... Correct !n the sense d@t parl!amentary system !s less democrat!c cos of the absense of seperat!on of powers..........nd as a govt student we all xnow 'congress' !s the name of amer!cas sen@te
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by makazona(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
CharlieMaria: I don't have an idea sorry.
Let me ask makazona wait......

lolz.u neva serious
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by UyiIredia(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
donnypool: Hello Guys

I was just wondering if any body has knowledge on parliament vs congressional system of government, and tell us which is preferable with proof

where are all my politicians?

Thank You
I think Nigeria's presidential system is good in that it takes elements of the parliamentary system. I will live to see the day Nigeria attains the level of efficiency in governance Sweden.
Re: British Parliamental System Of Government Vs The American Congressional System by CharlieMaria(m): 2:00am On Sep 27, 2014
makazona:

lolz.u neva serious
But I lie? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex President OLUSEGUN Obasanjo Appointed Chairman Of World Ex-presidents / PDP Condemns Invasion Of Akwa-ibom House Of Assembly / This Is Onitsha!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.