Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

What Is Wrong With Being Short? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Being Short? (1795 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Photo That Has Gone Viral / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Quite long I must say!
Growing up was the same way every other person did. With a lot of discipline from those who care to do so. At a point I never get tired of hearing questions such as these: When are you going to grow taller? Why didn’t you pay development fee? Don’t you eat at all? When are you going to leave the ground? Don’t you eat beans at all? These questions sometimes bring your teeth out but other occasions some people purposely do it to ridicule your condition. And what else can u do than to feel sober in the closet. Over the years, I give less attention to all of these funny questions. I remembered I even spent an extra year at home because my palm was not touching my ears yet (Folks born in the 80s down will know this cheesy). As far as i was concerned, the situation didn’t move me an inch. Among my colleague I was not the tallest, bringing about being called unpopular names on some occasions wink. People call me all sorts of names, names my parents didn’t give me. I was younger I don’t see any anomaly in that. I continued with my childhood business. I never failed to be at the top of my class, second was the poorest position I ever had throughout my Primary School days. Being vertically challenged was none of my problem cool. When it was time for enrolment into secondary school, I had comments coming from all sorts of people that ‘those seniors in secondary school will bully you oo’. ‘They will do all sorts of horrible stuffs to you’. ‘Since you are small they will collect your money from you and ask you to go get food for them for nothing’. I was as well not affected by all of these (maybe I am an exception?). I was hoping that one day will come and I will face all of these supposed situations in reality. Up till now I am yet to witness anything like that.
If you talk of hope there were so many that were falsely given. Some set of people will say it publicly, ‘He will still grow taller, and by the time it will happen it will surprise all’. As events passed by, I was becoming pressured that I really need to grow taller. My male colleagues were having girl friends, female folk flock around them grin. I was looking for a day when I will grow taller and be like them. It never happened. What a life cry!
All the above is just a preface to what I intend to pour out on Nairaland. It is not new that recently there has been interesting topics about height making it to front page on nairaland. The one that appears most interesting is that posted by Onyiridike:
https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not
As I went through the thread, I couldn’t stop laughing. Some comments are so ludicrous; while some are tainted with hate, others added a sense of respect to the fact that all men are created equal. Irrespective of whatever you picked out from the Op of that thread. She is happy with herself and no one can take that away from her. And for her quote

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
She deserves a million likes!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
What is wrong with being short? The world has grown and have become so attached to this cliché that the bigger size does it better. It’s so annoying to hear that expression over and over again especially for someone who stand being a victim. I remembered some years back in my service year, all eyes were on me because I was the most vertically challenged of all the corps members. I didn’t take that as strange. I took it personal when I told a fellow corps member that I will like to join Federal Road Safety Marshall for my CDS, only to reply me that I will not be considered because of my height. That was not painful enough, there was never a time I see these guy that he doesn’t talk about my height. I have met several other folks like him who wouldn’t stop talking about my height. At times I feel embarrassed and get annoyed at times, not with my condition per se but the fact that they never get tired of saying the same thing over and over again. It isn’t new anyway that some people are created short.
Another set of people are quick to attach some imperfections you possess and have not worked on to your size. Or let’s just say they quickly remember that you are short when offended. I take that as a form of territorial display.

To worsen the whole situation, I came across another thread by one Safarigirl that:
Nigerian ladies should Never settle for less.
https://www.nairaland.com/1912571/why-nigerian-ladies-should-never
Firstly, I sympathise with her on the issue of been relegated to the back seat in the society. In her opinion she said women are not given a choice and they don’t get to make the decision. My response to that; If you are not given a chance or a right to making decisions, why not stand up for your right but while doing so remember never to trample on another man’s right. If the situation is disturbing you so much why not face the people who imposed it on you- the society. Why blame the vertically challenged men for this, or why blame the ‘Marry-the-shortmen-advocates’! cheesy
Another low point of her write up is the use of the word ‘LESS’. In her definition, she asserts that short men are less in value to tall men. My response: Is it in all cases that the outward-appearance determines the quality of products you purchase in the market. It is people like you that have encouraged the kind of dysfunctional homes we have today. We have given physical appearances more weight than we give value and character. We have seen a surge in divorce because what brought the so called husband and wife together in the first place is ephemeral, tangible, diminishable and perishable. We have encouraged and supported it in all facet of our life. We have been conditioned to the Hollywood type of ‘right man’. If he is not tall then he is not right. What audacity do you even have to call another human ‘less’? Have you ever created a tiny cell not to talk of a whole organ like the eyes? She even had the gut to refer to short people as being dirty by the use of the word ‘ragamuffin’. Meaning short people are poor thing of a creature . This leads me to the question. Can you build a home?
Let me leave Safarigirl for now. Another cliché is that of ‘short guys are agressive’. We cannot possibly conclude that all short guys are aggressive. But for those that are, it is an evolutionary trend. It is believed that they exhibit that kind of trait because they need to prove a point that you wouldn’t allow them to prove in the first place as a result of their height. In most cases, aggressiveness has more to do with individual experience when growing up than to height. It might as well be related to the environment or the society at large. But I need to point this out, at no point should it become a point for insult since these gifted men didn’t make themselves that way. We have seen cases of aggression in pregnant women too and we never insult them for this. In fact some short ladies too are known to be very aggressive. Some aggressive short ladies + pregnancy = Double aggression grin .
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
At this point I will like to quote pansophist, his or her comment is one of some that appeals to me most
pansophist: I think you did not understand the whole point of the article you use as response to this your silly post.

It is simply trying to say that ''you should not look down on any man simply because of his height which he is not in control off''

Ladies are simply being materialistic here, instead of being realistic. Look at the example you even cite as a defense to your shallow post, Kevin Hart, Mr Ibu lol

If this caliber of men come for you, I am sure your family will disown if you disagree to marry men . Your post is also trying to pass the notion that ''it is only women that has choice and settle for less''. Do you also asked yourself what we men choose to over look when we go for women? most women marry up but men dont, most women are shorter than then their husband, men over look that, most men will start nursing a overgrown baby financially all in the name of marriage, women starts to grow fatter after child birth and the list goes on and on.

This f.oolishh post is the reason why many young idiots that will pay attention to your post will remain single. They can keep waiting for a man as tall as great khali, serving jollof rice at their friends wedding ceremony every saturday and doing the flower girl, while they keep waiting for Mr perfect (not mr right) to come by.

Just to remind you, your post make no sense at all, wonder why it got to front page in the first instance.

The point raised in the comment addresses a lot i would have liked to talk about.
We might not get to enjoy the company of ladies all the time, but the few one we get to hang out with make it an unforgettable moment. I am particularly attracted towards the tall ladies, and will always go all out for them with no holding back. While I have dated some ladies with average heights, I still prefer the tall ones for genetic recombination.

The point I am trying to make is not in any sense to denigrate anybody in any size category, but to let our female folks understand that physical appearance should not be the sole yardstick of giving a guy attention or for selecting a spouse or for going into a relationship. And that doesn’t now mean you should destroy the future of your kids when very short ladies and gentlemen marry themselves.
And for those who have compared dating a vertically challenged fellow to the course of study in University, God is watching you! Wait o! How can someone compare dating or marrying a tall man to studying Medicine and the other guys to a lesser course of study like Physiology?
For the vertically challenged dudes out there, I am sure you guys are doing well in your hood. Continue enjoying the life of your head and don’t let any lady, whom you have equal body parts with belittle you for no reason. There are countless number of vertically challenged great men who have gone ahead to impact their immediate environment and the world at large. Whether we like it or not, the world will continue to have vertically challenged men and the world will never come to an end because of this.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Approach any lady you feel like approaching so long the lady meets your criteria in physique and character wise. Let your confidence do the job in all situations. And the confidence can be boosted by trying out with ladies. And in some cases by putting yourself in difficult situations that will help you develop resistance to whatever bullying that comes with been vertically challenged.
You are created equal with all men and no part of you is missing, always act in this regard. And if you are still young and starting out with life, try to improve your academic performance, I bet you, ladies will run after you. But be warned! This way, ladies feel they can easily manipulate you because of your size, be in control ab initio!
If you truly feel that you are acting aggressive, get yourself abreast of info online on how to manage aggression. If that is too far, evaluate your daily activities and how you have responded to them so you can better yourself subsequently.
Never force yourself on anybody, go all out to get to the peak in life. Your desires will meet your desires one day. Never feel insecured, it is said that most vertically challenged guys are insecure, you can be an exception. But put this at the back of your mind! In all occasions, Ladies are always insecured!

My conclusion will be this. As a student of genetics, I offer a more appealing solution to this short-tall guys dichotomy, let the tall guys marry the short ladies and let the short guys marry the tall ladies undecided. By so doing we will strengthen the genetic pool of tallness in height determination. Let the society embrace all of humanity as equal. No parent should pressure their kids on what to do if they have taken a stand. Let’s celebrate character, value and achievement.
In no way am I set out to insult anyone, but perhaps while reading you felt offended, apologies!
I am using this medium to solicit support for members of the society who have been stigmatized for their condition or what they stand for. We have been segregated on so many lines hitherto, we should not add to those lines of segregation. Continent, Geographical terrain, Country, Associations, Climate, Colour, Tribe/Race, Geopolitical zones, States, language and religion are among so many lines that we have been divisive. Let us put an end to this division and accept nature for what it is-its diversity.
Like one of my friend used to say, I have never missed anything being short! grin grin

Thanks for the patience!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by safarigirl(f): 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Lol. Bros thank God for small blessings. There are worse things than being short eg:

1) Being. Female in Nigeria
2) Being an atheist in Sudan
3) Being an independent female in Nigeria
4) Being black in Russia
5) Being Female in Nigeria

In the words of some dude on my thread "Thank God you're a man"....no matter how sshort you are as a man, someone will marry you. Even the world's shortest man has a wife.

It's all about PERSONALITY, that one thing overrides any deficiencies. Stop thinking the entire world hates you. Just be you wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Short or not,I'm proud of my height and you should be cool

Girls and boys(not matured and realistic) have decided to allow the make believe they watch on television to rule their mind and take over them..They prefer to sit and surf the net on foods,drinks,drugs and everything that would alter the way God made them..They prefer to fantacise about marrying a guy as handsome and tall as Okwara forgetting that it's the heart,the brain and the image behind the face and height that matters.

This is 2014,if you are still making fun of short people,then you should try increasing the height of a pencil and if you are still bothered about how short you are,then I think you should start wearing Derenle's kinda shoes

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by yungchop: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
Somebody should summarize those post up there angry

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 11:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
yungchop: Somebody should summarize those post up there angry
Don't allow your look get into your head.
Does that answer your question?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by yungchop: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
tejpot:
Don't allow your look get into your head.
Does that answer your question?
thank you!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Pdizzle(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
You people should stop being so vain..
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by kelechiMarie(f): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
just accept yourself the way you are jare.I used to hate being tall cause I was taller than most of my classmates,why couldn't I be cute and short like my bestie but now who send?Accept yourself the way you are and live life to the fullest#YOLO
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Kunleskey(m): 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
@op are you short? And i also need summary of what is written above..to me is not bad.to be a short person.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by herald9: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Oh Mehn!

Pasting such a long post...and quoting the long post to paste another long post- IS THIS HOW SHORT PEOPLE BEHAVE?undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by 01emek(m): 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wait, wait, did you just say that 9ja tall girls should go for short guys?? Hmmm they would find an excuse and tell you that '' i can't date a short, my security is not garanttee'' grin

Guy for the fact that am tall does not mean i should marry a short girl, what if all my children become short? cry .. Na 2 zero be that oo.. And lastly my short babe is very very aggressive, when ever she saw talking to tall girls, she would stay acting funny.

#TeamTallGuysAndTallGirls cry
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by dechandel(f): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kevin hart comes to mind

Short guys have a way of making themselves feel inferior
I'd rather stick to a short man who knows that life is not all about being tall. Getting d ladies attention and all that.

But then again thats me being sentimental grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by LaurelP(m): 12:07am On Sep 22, 2014
Notin bad abt it provided u have tall dreams

#didnt bother reading dat long post#
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Luckygurl(f): 12:20am On Sep 22, 2014
This is just like asking what is wrong with not being good looking.
These and few more are things we can never have a say in.
So therefore, accept Urself the way you are, work on your strengths so they'd overshadow what might be termed a weakness and lastly be the best U can ever be to yourself, your family and friends and to the world at large.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by 01emek(m): 12:32am On Sep 22, 2014
The long post is quit interesting, meanwhile spaced booked in case.....

I won't sell this space to any short man, they are aggressive cry
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:46am On Sep 22, 2014
all this epistle because u wan ask simple question
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Exjoker(m): 1:06am On Sep 22, 2014
Short people dont see something far beyond there nose,
they dont see something behind the fence,
they have short life circle
short income
short people are not usually respected in the community etc
To be a short man smh is not adviserAble at all
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Exjoker: Short people dont see something far beyond there nose,
they dont see something behind the fence,
they have short life circle
short income
short people are not usually respected in the community etc
To be a short man smh is not adviserAble at all
WTF

Bundlegrin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 22, 2014
Ok wake me up when summarize this project undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by ERCROSS(m): 1:28am On Sep 22, 2014
This thread shld be titled *The agony of a short man*

O.p,
I hope say no be say ur gurlfwend was snatched by a tall guy cha. ? Because this one wey u write this long essay like say u dey write waec so...

Well..
There's nothing wrong about being short except for this popular saying #short man devil# Which i dont really knw why they colonate the saying only if u can xplain it to me..
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 22, 2014
!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Medunah: 4:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Am not bin judgemental neither am i generalizing but most short pple av met are always arrogant especially d girls, they blive they re better dan every1 else, dey av dis ''am older than evry1'' mentality, talk small tin nd dey will be like 'is it because am short dt ur talkin to me like tht, am not ur mate oo' whereas u might b older than d person.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by iceberylin(m): 6:11am On Sep 22, 2014
You get to stand on a Stool to kiss ya Spouse embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by safarigirl(f): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2014
tejpot: Approach any lady you feel like approaching so long the lady meets your criteria in physique and character wise. Let your confidence do the job in all situations. And the confidence can be boosted by trying out with ladies. And in some cases by putting yourself in difficult situations that will help you develop resistance to whatever bullying that comes with been vertically challenged.
You are created equal with all men and no part of you is missing, always act in this regard. And if you are still young and starting out with life, try to improve your academic performance, I bet you, ladies will run after you. But be warned! This way, ladies feel they can easily manipulate you because of your size, be in control ab initio!
If you truly feel that you are acting aggressive, get yourself abreast of info online on how to manage aggression. If that is too far, evaluate your daily activities and how you have responded to them so you can better yourself subsequently.
Never force yourself on anybody, go all out to get to the peak in life. Your desires will meet your desires one day. Never feel insecured, it is said that most vertically challenged guys are insecure, you can be an exception. But put this at the back of your mind! In all occasions, Ladies are always insecured!

My conclusion will be this. As a student of genetics, I offer a more appealing solution to this short-tall guys dichotomy, let the tall guys marry the short ladies and let the short guys marry the tall ladies undecided. By so doing we will strengthen the genetic pool of tallness in height determination. Let the society embrace all of humanity as equal. No parent should pressure their kids on what to do if they have taken a stand. Let’s celebrate character, value and achievement.
In no way am I set out to insult anyone, but perhaps while reading you felt offended, apologies!
I am using this medium to solicit support for members of the society who have been stigmatized for their condition or what they stand for. We have been segregated on so many lines hitherto, we should not add to those lines of segregation. Continent, Geographical terrain, Country, Associations, Climate, Colour, Tribe/Race, Geopolitical zones, States, language and religion are among so many lines that we have been divisive. Let us put an end to this division and accept nature for what it is-its diversity.
Like one of my friend used to say, I have never missed anything being short! grin grin

Thanks for the patience!
okay. So men can approach ladies who fit their requirements in physique (which includes height), but women have no right to want a tall man. Isn't that part of the criterias certain women require?

That right there just turned your 3 posts of "oh, why does the world hate us?" To a big SOB story.

Women please, if a short dude approaches you, you also have the right to reject him if he doesn't meet your criteria in physique.

Don't let anyone deceive you, women don't run out of toasters, or haven't you heard of women aged 50 that get asked out by 30-year old guys? Even your naija men go abroad and marry old, wrinkled 72 year old women after all this their forming.

But @OP, you should still Thank God you're a man, so you can pick out women who fit your criteria in physique grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2014
dude cheerup don't let what pple say get the better side of you,,,, its a free world.

do you know aki and pawpaw(osita n chinedu) Nollywood actors.

If they had listened to critics, they won't be were they are now.

They've got the Money now, they've got fame and popularity,(even with their heights)

#What are you made of ?
#show the World.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by datguru: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2014
herald9: Oh Mehn!

Pasting such a long post...and quoting the long post to paste another long post- IS THIS HOW SHORT PEOPLE BEHAVE?undecided

grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 22, 2014
safarigirl: Lol. Bros thank God for small blessings. There are worse things than being short eg:

1) Being. Female in Nigeria
2) Being an atheist in Sudan
3) Being an independent female in Nigeria
4) Being black in Russia
5) Being Female in Nigeria

In the words of some dude on my thread "Thank God you're a man"....no matter how sshort you are as a man, someone will marry you. Even the world's shortest man has a wife.

It's all about PERSONALITY, that one thing overrides any deficiencies. Stop thinking the entire world hates you. Just be you wink

Someone needs to be female in India Pakistan or Saudi Arabia
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2014
NinoBrown888: dude cheerup don't let what pple say get the better side of you,,,, its a free world.

do you know aki and pawpaw(osita n chinedu) Nollywood actors.

If they had listened to critics, they won't be were they are now.

They've got the Money now, they've got fame and popularity,(even with their heights)

#What are you made of ?
#show the World.
I get u boss, I am unperturbed but the issue is better addressed by being bold to say it out. I hv added words of encouragement in the write up too. Thanks
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Short? by tejpot(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2014
Medunah: Am not bin judgemental neither am i generalizing but most short pple av met are always arrogant especially d girls, they blive they re better dan every1 else, dey av dis ''am older than evry1'' mentality, talk small tin nd dey will be like 'is it because am short dt ur talkin to me like tht, am not ur mate oo' whereas u might b older than d person.
I have met people like this too. I think its more of being too proud and sometimes selfishness (only me). If you notice, some huge guys and ladies too always sound like they are older than everyone they come across. It's everywhere sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Birthday Message From His Girlfriend. / Sex / Is Cucumber Used For Masturbation By Females?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.