Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Flowers For You - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Flowers For You (2156 Views)

Why Are Flowers Not Presented To Men As Gift? / Valentine: Will Naija Girls Accept Greetings Card And Flowers / The Romantic Meanings Of Flowers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
^Hahahahahaha. #Funny
Re: Flowers For You by izaray(f): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
3cycle:
Yeah material things can also serve as a symbol of any message you want to pass across.
Abi offering a car is not a symbol of your love?
My dear tel them o, it seems they avn't realize dat, our eyes are getting wiser every day!
Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
izaray: My dear tel them o, it seems they avn't realize dat, our eyes are getting wiser every day!

That should be wider. Actually, a woman that is not into material things is the exception rather than the rule. This thread was meant to be a relaxed, simple "we like", "we do not like" thread. However, the way material ladies attacked the flowers shows that they do not take it lightly at all.

You are simply telling men that as long as we can buy you things, we can behave anyhow we want with you. It is a very worrying message indeed not for men but for you women because many of you would simply be treated badly as a result and there would not be much you can do about it outside of committing murder or something like that which would only worsen your predicament.
Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
Make we hear word jor

Na boboyekini by fire, by force!!!

MizMyColi:

You've met Guapo na grin

What is this about sef? Make I go read first.
Re: Flowers For You by MizMyColi(f): 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak: Make we hear word jor

Na bobo yekini by fire, by force!!!

What is this about sef? Make I go read first.
Oh, Boss.
You no read you con dey attack me.
Choi, I pity Yekini NL dashboard today cheesy
Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
MizMyColi:
Oh, Boss.
You no read you con dey attack me.
Choi, I pity Yekini NL dashboard today cheesy
hehehehehe!!! It's must happen!!! grin

Fulawa...

Errmmm... with what? And for what reason? And how is her gon' do it?
Re: Flowers For You by AfricanApple(f): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
jes gimme apple and forget all those.

I like flowers though
Re: Flowers For You by Ishilove: 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
maclatunji: What do you think ladies?

1. I like this!

2. Do not try this with me?

2. Do not try this with me. I shall use it to cook afang soup for you.

Why?

Because the African sun will wilt them and then they are gone. Instead, write me beautiful poetry and old fashioned love letters on crisp, scented paper. The memories will last forever. It beats flowers a million times in my book. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Since it's about symbolism...

You could bring the plant alive.

Flowers are good for aesthetics.
I am a woman. Am I just for aesthetics?

Give me a sapling to take care of that isn't just superficial.
Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ishilove:
2. Do not try this with me. I shall use it to cook afang soup for you.

Why?

Because African sun will wilt them and then they are gone. Instead, write me beautiful poetry and old fashioned love letters on crisp, scented paper. The memories will last forever. It beats flowers a million times in my book. smiley

Finally, someone understands the question and answered it well. You do not have to like flowers but give another symbolic alternative.

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
firestar: Since it's about symbolism...

Nope, of course not, women are not just for aesthetics.

Just wondering if Nigerian women appreciate symbolic gifts as much as material gifts.
Re: Flowers For You by texanomaly(f): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
firestar: Since it's about symbolism...

Nice.

@topic
I like flowers. Though a plant would be better in my opinion. Isn't it the thought that counts anyway, no matter what gift we are given? Sometimes I think appreciation of the simple things in life is dead. I'm not Nigerian though, so maybe my opinion is irrelevant on this thread. undecided

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
maclatunji:

Nope, of course not, women are not just for aesthetics.

Just wondering if Nigerian women appreciate symbolic gifts as much as material gifts.

Compose an oriki and bring moin-moin leaves with you too. grin

Now that's symbolic. grin

angry angry angry angry angry

You're married yes?

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
texanomaly:

Nice.

@topic
I like flowers. Though a plant would be better in my opinion. Isn't it the thought that counts anyway, no matter what gift we are given? Sometimes I think appreciation of the simple things in life is dead. I'm not Nigerian though, so maybe my opinion is irrelevant on this thread. undecided

Well, Nigerian women created the dichotomy, I might as well work with it. The assumption is that western women would appreciate flowers whilst the overwhelming majority of Nigerian women would not. This is going by the early reactions from Nigerian women on this thread.
Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
firestar:

angry angry angry angry angry

You're married yes?

No, single.
Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
maclatunji:

No, single.

If I say anymore, the love of your life may call me traitor. grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
texanomaly:

Nice.

@topic

You're a fellow sister, no? cheesy
Then, your opinion matters.

You said it, it's the thought that counts.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
maclatunji:

Well, Nigerian women created the dichotomy, I might as well work with it. The assumption is that western women would appreciate flowers whilst the overwhelming majority of Nigerian women would not. This is going by the early reactions from Nigerian women on this thread.

They addressed the topic na. flowers doesnt necessarily sympolize an exprerssion of love per se now.
there are flowers offered for reasons that are beyond the expression of love or passion. thats why i asked the reason and to what end is the flower being offered. i would rather be given flowers when it will make sense to me and not just because he thinks it should make me get swooned.

moreover, we are not all endowed with the eyes for aesthetics. to many, its just bullcrap. its their person and not really naija related.

bring me the latest comic. or a just buy me pof pof....he knows na... grin

flowers i appreciate when my mood is open to it. but a car gift, even better!!!
Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
firestar:

true that. the oriki but though.. moin moin leaves, that one i no get. unless elemimeje still dey inside am sa.

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
shoefreak: true that. the oriki but though.. moin moin leaves, that one i no get. unless elemimeje still dey inside am sa.
grin

lipsrsealed
Re: Flowers For You by snadguy007(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

You've met Guapo na grin
cheesy cheesy I've met him unofficially, i think you are in the best position to describe him
Re: Flowers For You by Ishilove: 1:43am On Sep 23, 2014
firestar:

If I say anymore, the love of your life may call me traitor. grin grin lipsrsealed

Just say it, already!! grin
Re: Flowers For You by Ishilove: 1:43am On Sep 23, 2014
maclatunji:

No, single.
And willing to mingle cheesy
Re: Flowers For You by firestar(f): 5:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Ishilove:
Just say it, already!! grin
Ooooooh no.

Ishilove...

[size=19pt]"Do not try to awaken or arouse love in me until it feels inclined..." [/size] lipsrsealed
Re: Flowers For You by izaray(f): 10:34am On Sep 23, 2014
maclatunji:

That should be wider. Actually, a woman that is not into material things is the exception rather than the rule. This thread was meant to be a relaxed, simple "we like", "we do not like" thread. However, the way material ladies attacked the flowers shows that they do not take it lightly at all.

You are simply telling men that as long as we can buy you things, we can behave anyhow we want with you. It is a very worrying message indeed not for men but for you women because many of you would simply be treated badly as a result and there would not be much you can do about it outside of committing murder or something like that which would only worsen your predicament.

Guy 4get abt all these ur write up, they are several gift, guys can present to their ladies, and been appreciated, not only flowers, tho

some gals still do, but i will personally prefer something more better than flower......I was not really saying, we ladies are after MATERIAL things o, pls take note on dat, b4 u blackmail us, i rest my case
Re: Flowers For You by maclatunji: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2014
izaray: Guy 4get abt all these ur write up, they are several gift, guys can present to their ladies, and been appreciated, not only flowers, tho

some gals still do, but i will personally prefer something more better than flower......I was not really saying, we ladies are after MATERIAL things o, pls take note on dat, b4 u blackmail us, i rest my case

Alright.
Re: Flowers For You by nellyelitz(m): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2014
andromida: Sweet and cute.
like say if i give u for ur bday u go happy.
Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
nellyelitz: like say if i give u for ur bday u go happy.

Well packaged fresh flowers are not exactly cheap in Nigeria. So yes i will appreciate it.

If you were to pluck all sorts of raggedy flowers on the roadside and bring them to me i will wonder if all is well.

1 Like

Re: Flowers For You by nellyelitz(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
andromida:

Well packaged fresh flowers are not exactly cheap in Nigeria. So yes i will appreciate it.

If you were to pluck all sorts of raggedy flowers on the roadside and bring them to me i will wonder if all is well.
...that is,if all is well with u abi grin
Re: Flowers For You by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
nellyelitz: ...that is,if all is well with u abi grin
grin grin

Nope with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Cant Stand Any Guy Touching Or Talking To My Sister. Is It Normal? / Is Love Enough In A Relationship? / What Ŵïɩƪ You Do If This Guy Slaps Your Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.