Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49822 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by browncool(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2014
Thanks for this piece of information
Ngwakwe:

@Egift

Have you ever seen this article and what do you expect from Banks across the world when they get instruction from US to scuttle a deal or work against US foreign policy?

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by tandj: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2014

8 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by winner01(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
persius555: US interest in nigeria is something only the US can explain, but certainly it is now obvious that the obama govt does not mean well for our dear country. It predicted the disintegration of the country recently, i believe they are seriously working towards the actualisation. One thing they quickly forget is that we are nigerians, we mighthave challenges with widespread corruption, widespread poverty and all but we can create oaisis from deserts At least, now we know we really need to look deeply inwards as there are really no international friends out there, just friends with interest. Years of overdepence on every thing foreign has finally brought us down on our knees.
and we should continue hoping that our dear country gets better without seeing results when it is obvious that every tribe is paranoid of the other...I love Nigeria but its obvious that its not working, we fake the love but we really don't love each other...

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
alqaeda: USA, nigerias best friend. Enjoy the warm friendship.
Pretty stupidd isn't it?
Whenever i see Nigeria voting against russian interests at the UN,i get very mad.
Anyway,better late than never.
Nigeria is about to shift allegiance.

8 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 23, 2014
I guess the problem is...why are we not manufacturing our helicopters...like India and even China?

Because we prefer to use our oil money to import...

There is a verse in the Bible which I will quote here....

1 Samuel 13 vs 19-20

[size=15pt]19Now no blacksmith could be found in all the land of Israel, for the Philistines said, "Otherwise the Hebrews will make swords or spears." 20So all Israel went down to the Philistines, each to sharpen his plowshare, his mattock, his axe, and his hoe.…[/size]

Now from time immemorial, Nigeria has been dependent on foreign powers to buy weapons. And when there is problem with the foreign powers we turn to others...or feel helpless.

Nigeria must industrialize. It is essential for our salvation from foreign Philistines.

7 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by tempel(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2014
What are the military scientists doing let them manufacture their own weapons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by godman01(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2014
Ngwakwe: The help offered by the US and Britain to locate Chibok Girls was indeed the hand of Jacob but the voice of Esua
Actually, it's the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Afrok(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2014
That moment when U start thinking the world power (USA) is not fair with us coz they decided not to give Africa giant (Nigeria) ZMAPP to treat Ebola, help bringbackourgirls and stop the purchase of a Chinook helicopter that'll help in bringing back our girls and probably put a stop to the insurgencies in this country undecided

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by acenazt: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Bascard U.S. FOOOLISH G.E.J. America no want sell,Isreal dey ride America dick, U.K dey shun us,johny if russia dey busy go china na. Japan and korea nko kai even india go sell for us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Bigcake: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

What's baseless about the abuse, rights violation and military brutality the average Nigerian experience everyday?
Shut up, you have nothing reasonable to say.

6 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by eaglechild: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2014
CHINA
Says welcome!

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

Corruption is already enough to send Jonathan to jail. He should not add illegal arms deals.

Jonathan should be careful before his picture is added here. grin
You are a moronnic bastardd who can't see beyond APC.
Let me see how buhari will get american weapons if he gets to asorock.

6 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
tempel: What are the military scientists doing let them manufacture their own weapons

The reason why they can't starts with one word....Ajaokuta.

Another phrase...Nigerians think that technicians are dull people....and that a university degree is the be all that ends all.

That's why.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by cyril10(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Even though I'm not a GEJ supporter as well, I can't harness anything meaningful from what you've just said.

Don't mind him, he is bitter.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by henryify2004(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
grin grin make una no kill me wit laff abeg so una mean say nigeria airforce don't have weapons to fight bokoharam ok make them go awka borrow some awka made than this disgrace them causing to their self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by fujirice: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

If he want a US made Helicopter, go to the manufacturers and not a backyard deal with a third party. Also the government should come clean with their transactions to give confidence to other partners, not using a jet of a pastor to move cash.
You are now sounding childish, did you see the part where it said that the US refused to sell them hardwares or you just decided to ignor it to score cheap points?

9 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by dammytosh: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Only Nigerians can believe that crap.

They are still desperately trying to justify why they flew $9Million plus cash to south africa.

I laff in spanish.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by diresimdi(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2014
America wants Nigeria to repeal gay law. Thats their grouse against Nigerie. America is an evil Nation since 1053BC.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by femmy2010(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2014
shafanik:

What's wrong with u? Its obvious u did not read the report...

“We had even tried to procure arms from Russia but this was stalled because of the Ukrainian crisis, thus compelling us to turn to other nations like Israel. But even this has been frustrated by the US,” he said.

So you truly think the Russians would halt buying and selling cos of the Ukrainian crisis??You must be kidding me if you believe that.
You certainly think you just justified our nation's disgraceful act of not using a Military craft to ferry their million dollars to SA and not notifying the SA authority of their intention.
What makes them different from Henry Okah if a whole GOVT is thinking of buying arms in the black market?

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by winner01(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: bros eh! only by the grace of God ooo, but US shouldn't make it difficult for us.
lol, our grand parents said the same, I hope our grand children don't say the same..... Nigeria is not working bro.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

If he want a US made Helicopter, go to the manufacturers and not a backyard deal with a third party. Also the government should come clean with their transactions to give confidence to other partners, not using a jet of a pastor to move cash.

you don't seem to understand. the manufacturers of military aircrafts such as Boeing still need clearance from the government before they can sell such to other countries. in the Nigerian scenario, we've made requests to the manufacturers and they forwarded same to their countries of domicile, the US in this case, and the US said they shouldn't sell to us. that's the reason Nigerian government tried to do buy weapons from the black market in south Africa before they got busted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by san316(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2014
This is what i've been hammering on. One day, Nigerians will go mad due to the twisted nature of information that fly around. I just heard a pastor of CAN hyperventilating and analysing a conspiracy by the northern muslims to subjugate the christians hence, the rise of bokoharam. This notion is emotionally held by many xtians. Also, I've read other analysis pointing Bh to the southerners sponsoring chaos in the north in order to take revenge for biafra and in some other climes, destroy the north and make it easy for GEJ to continue ruling. Now it is America. America that knows and does everything. They are now those behind bh in a bid to balkanize the country. Theories upon theories. But i hope this story is not an excuse to further justify the botched arms deal. Because we all know that jet from Israel or not, there are countries that'll be willing to sell. Eg Russia etc. And by the way, recently, with the army's 'supposed' inability to buy weapons, they dealth with bokoharam. This tells us that the gov't is up to something fishy. Think Nigerians, think.

6 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Raypawer(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year

they want pupets.. nd nigeria is not a ready pupet and can never be one!

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by chinazaekperem2: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2014
winner01: lol, our grand parents said the same, I hope our grand children don't say the same..... Nigeria is not working bro.
so what do you suggest we do?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by gatiano(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2014
if we are expecting the americans or the europeans to sell to us weapons of up to 20% there own standard, then you are the biggest joker living seriously in a fantasy dream. if by now we don't know that the number 1 enemy to americans and europeans is Africa, seriously brothers and sisters, our fantasy dream had gone into the deeper stages of dreams. The No 1 and only enemy to europeans and european americans and to white arabs is AFRICA. they will never help us yet they can't survive without us. where are all those brothers and sisters that always get all A1(s) in class and the ones with the best grades in the universities? can't they build something?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by dharamanil(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Steadmann: Must they buy from US? Is it a must they buy from Israel or US?

What about Russia? Abi Russia don't have the weapons we need?

When they are ready to end BH, they know the right thing to do.

Sometimes we don't see things as they see I mean those in the frontline. What if they go to Russia after been frustrated by America and in turn Russia sees it and as avenue to help in return of something worst
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Exjoker(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2014
What do you guys expect from a kenyan man...We already know that only few African countries like us nd kenya is an exception. there president just mock our country...past(white) US presidents were favourite to us than this kenyan...

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Centzodos(m): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Just confused
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by julybaba(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2014
femmy2010: The Govt should stop fooling Nigerians jare.
If USA doesn't sell Weaponry and craft the Russians would gladly sell and even collect payment on delivery.
Instead they used a privately owned jet to move cash "supposedly" meant to procure arms from SA.
What happened to all our Military Aircraft that can be used for such a mission? What happened to our CBN moving the cash to SA for them?
Nigeria is indeed a theater of the absurd.
God Have Mercy.
Nobody is fooling anybody, they need weapons to fight BH and US is frustrating the legal acquisition of it, because of human right abuse. Is US innocent of human right abuse in war-torn countries like Libya, Afganistan e.tc.? He that come to equity, must come with clean hands. US is not the standard of the world, and she must stop terrorizing the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by chukwusi(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2014
I HEARD THAT BOKO HARAM LEADER SHEKAU
ABUBAKAR IS DEAD... ha I pray that what
happened to prince Haemyoung. of Goguryeo
when he tried to kill king Daeso of Buyeo should
not happen to Nigeria
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Johncuppa(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2014
D horse is prepared against d day of battle but victory is of d Lord.
Let's see whose predictn abt Nigeria will last, either separation of Nigeria by America or d unity of God. If we can be amazed wt ebola survivors wtout Zmapp 4rm America, can't d same God do much more in d case of bk wtout equipments 4rm America?
Common! Lets Nigerians keep on interceding and let our soldiers be at d war and we will celebrate victory ova insurgency. D way Nigeria doctors took glory ova ebola, our security men will also be celebrated nt in Nigeria bt d world at large and they will knw n believe that we av a very big God in Nigeria
Let's say it together> God bless Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.