Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,044 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49842 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
I can't believe what i am reading.
99% of Nigerians are hopelessly ignorant.
The US dont even need to waste too much time like in libya.
Just 3 months of sustained propaganda against the govt,and the citizens themselves will do the job.
We are in a serious mess.
What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
USA do not care either you live or die as a nation. They are only after their selfish interests as usual.

It is high time we get off our bottoms and do the needful. Great nations are not given on a platter but made via efforts, decisive decisions, sacrifices by her own citizens and leaders.

And its surprising that at this age and time some people still believe the american govt is good with her double standards and biased foreign policies
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by berrystunn(m): 12:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
U.S , U.S Tahhh, FAKE A###
Joshua 5:13. Now when Joshua was near Jericho, lifting up his eyes he saw a man in front of him, with his sword uncovered in his hand: and Joshua went up to him and said, Are you for us or against us?

I have one thousand and one question for American government FIGHT ON TERROR but will like to ask 5 for now.

1. “We don’t negotiate with terrorists.”
How did you player trade’ with Taliban, that brings back Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home to the United States while five most wanted dangerous terrorists check out of Gitmo and make their way to freedom in Qatar. ??
http://creepingsharia./2014/05/31/u-s-frees-5-gitmo-terrorists-for-american-pow-sgt-bowe-bergdahl/

2 War on TERROR
What do you have to say about your Allies Funding ISIS.?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/america-s-allies-are-funding-isis.html

3. Who Are the Syrian Rebels the U.S. Wants to Arm and Train? ‘’HAHA ISIS.”

4. Why are you now helping Syria to fight ISIS ?
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/u-s-arab-allies-strike-isis-targets-syria-n209286

5. The war between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza strip. That killed more women and children Is called ?

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by dammytosh: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
kenex4ever:

Who is dis retard?

Your elder brother who sees what you can not see standing even while sitting.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Gorrbachev: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
irepnaija4eva: . WHAT IS THIs 1 TALKING ABOUT?

Let's make our own weapons. Filipinos and Pakistanis reverse engineer every small arm you can think of.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Vikthor(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gosh!....i dont believe this...
I mean whats there problem for real...
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Olyboy16(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
hjr2014: they know we are irresponsible and not trustworthy! a nation dived amongst it self cannot stand!
I believe in strength, power, and ordersity! China is as cruel as the US. They are even worse as they are against both islam and xtianity. And the worst of it all is that they run a communist rule! So if they decide to arrest all human right activists in china tomorow, nobody dares say a word. I'm sure if the chinese were also as old as the US and also had the chance and advantage of being involved in cases like the afganistan, iraqi and syrian crisis, they would do much more evil than even the US.
Its not the US's fault that Nigeria cant stand and fight for herself. The chinese also used their power to try and opress vietnam by building an oil rig at a distance of 5km! To vietamese mainland...and yet they refused to atleast back off a bit claiming landmark until the vietnamese rose to take bold actions against them..the chinese are no better patner in terms of honest international coorporation than US. A good proof is their relationship with their immediate countries around them with rival economic status..chinese have the dubious craze for world wealth and they wil go to any length to get it.
Russia is the worst of them all followed by japan.
I'm not saying the wests are saints, infact they are bunch of evil cabals just like dia fellow eastern allies. But then, they stil have done more good to the world than evil. Is it NATO? Or the US intervention in world war2 where japan almost swallowed china? Or is the early provision of education to africa? Or their vast intelligence services to make sure terrorists havent captured half the world?
The US recently asked china to please help with the terrorists crisis, what was the response? "No, we are too concerned with internal terorism in china xinjiang already"...cowards. Only the west has the effontry to hold terror and war in the balls while pointing an ak-47 at their necks without worrying about worry about suffering economic recess or downgrade.
Lets hear an official reason why the US has refused to allow us buy weapons first! I can assure u that the US hasnt released an official statement as to the reason why we are being denied weapon access! Anything you hear(including this thread topic ) are all sentimental rumours and lies!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by mmmustapha(m): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year
so just because they follow the teaching of Islam that made them number one human rights abuser? hypocrisy
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by naughtyboi419(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
If dey r nt sellin it to u plz go to russia dey dnt mind sellin u an arsenal
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Is good to know who hates you in this life, and try all possible means to avoid him for your own savety...
U.s.a dons't like nigeria. So I see no reason why goodluck should be inposing nigerians on them

"peson wel no lyk u, no lyk u o"
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by BinghiNya(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
It serves Nigeria well, when usa killed gaddahfi and destroyed libya , you fools were singing their praises, I wish Nigeria destabilizes by 2015 as we all know We aren't one, stop the deception, welcome to Oduduwa republic and nairaland becomes odualand.com

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: you never disappoint me with your comments, so if nigeria wants to purchase a US made helicopter owned by Israel, nigeria needs to meet US not israel abi.

He is an e-dunce.
He was designed this way and there is nothing u can do about it.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by adanny01(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
This thread is all about propaganda that is always targeted at the ever increasing number of enthic and religious bigots that abound in this forum and Nigeria at large. The volumes of ill propaganda our current government is rolling out gives me much concern for the survivability of Nigeria in the coming years.

I hate this government's increasing attempts to fool us, attention diversion, constant denial of the obvious and pedling of blames.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by berrystunn(m): 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Youpele52:

Look no further US is the brain box behind Boko Haram.

See more proves in this poem of mine www.wattpad.com/59535524-15-_-uncle-sam-begat-nephew-haram

they call it.... SWAP" player trade’ that bring Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home to the United States while five most dangerous wanted terrorists check out of Gitmo and make their way to freedom in Qatar.

America's Allies Are Funding ISIS
The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), now threatening Baghdad, was funded for years by wealthy donors in Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, three U.S. allies that have dual agendas in the war on terror.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by nduchucks: 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hypocrisy can be found in any country or government in the world, so shouting America's hypocrisy now is absurd, nothing but red herring, and a distraction from the real issue.

USA is a close ally of ours, who sent drones, money and millitary assistance to Nigeria to help rescue our girls. What did the USA find upon arriving?

(1)Thieving leadership in the Army who would rather steal billions of naira, meant to equip our gallant soldiers, to finance their political ambitions.

(2)Top Army Officials who revealed top secret US/Nigeria millitary plans shared with their highest millitary officials with Boko Haram, thus frustrating the efforts to bring back our girls

(3)Top Army officials who supported their rank and file while this rank and file resorted to brutality and arguably war crimes as depicted below:

Nigeria: Gruesome footage implicates military in war crimes

Nigerian Troops Battling Boko Haram Are Guilty of War Crimes: Report

Nigeria troops slitting Boko Haram suspects' throats

After using diplomatic channels to ask GEJ to check the abuses and prosecute the thieving generals, our President turned a blind eye and instead resorted to buying weapons and disgracing the country in the South Africa saga. In the meantime they staged the prosecution of 10 Generals for various related crimes, but up till now no one knows who those Generals are or even whether any prosecution took place. On the other hand they sentenced young and brave soldiers who dared to complain, to death; for the second time, I might add.

So I ask you people, whose side are you on? I chose to remain tru to ALL Nigerians and condemn the theiving leaders who come from every part of this country.

If America does not alert the world to the attrocities commited in your name, then you people are on the way to becoming the old Germans who stood idly by while Hitler murdered the jews.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by limamintruth: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: America really want their assertion about nigeria's division in 2015 to come to pass. They will go any length to make sure it happens, shame on them.

You are 100% correct & thats what i've been saying too. This is just a ploy by the u.s to make their prediction about nigeria come to pass by all means. Only the wise will realise this; thus i expect the nigerian govt. to wake up and smell the coffee sooner than later. They paint our soldiers black (as if theirs are saints) in order to discourage them from fighting bh & when our soldiers suffer heavy casualty, the same u.s will start ridiculing our military for being inept.
The u.s really need to stay off nigeria's biz if they dont want to help us. Thank God they aint the only world powers we have.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
[size=18pt]Has it not occurred to any of you that America now owns Nigeria?

All the IMF and World Bank loans means that Nigeria has probably been handed over to the US.

Remember "America will know - its their $20Billion"?

That slip of the tongue by GEJ was very telling.

America now has troops on the ground under the guise of searching from phantom missing school girls who are alleged to be held by fake jihadist called BH who are under direct control of the America's CIA with orders to terrorise us so that we can be more easily controlled and exploited.

Our clueless fake government has also been forced into taking orders from America to further scare us all into a panic from a fake epidemic called Ebola invented by America (there is no virus called Ebola)

Other Puppet governments of USA in West Africa have also been ordered to perpetrate the lie of an Ebola outbreak, this is why they are having trouble convincing their population to cooperate - with people accusing the health workers of bringing Ebola into their communities - If Ebola was truly in their communities people cannot accuse health workers of bringing it.

You have to understand that America is bankrupt and stealing all of Nigeria's wealth may get them by for the next 10 years or so.

They may be planning to break us up into 6 or more weak nations and install puppet governments which would allow them the raid all our natural resources at will and unchallenged (yes -even more than they are doing already)

Everything is 99% ready for them to initiate Nigeria's breakup,

Troops on the ground - Check

Drones in the air and military bases close to Nigeria's borders in Mali and Niger- Check

Terrorise Nigerians with Ebola and Boko H. (fearful people are compliant) - Check

Cause an economic crises by crashing the price of crude oil - this is all that remains and it has started.

God Bless Nigeria

P.S
I have been banned for 3 weeks before simply by shouting too loudly about Ebola being fake , don't be surprise if I disappear for another few weeks or if this message is promptly deleted/hidden
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&index=23&list=UUMQOLBMYxeVLCX3cUWfmbOQ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by swezenberg(m): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is why US can no longer trust the FG and the army.

This is breaking news:

US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-Army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Funds Abroad

http://www.africaeagle.com/2014/09/us-ambassador-to-nigeria-reveals-how-ex.html

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
nduchucks: Hypocrisy can be found in any country or government in the world, so shouting America's hypocrisy now is absurd, nothing but red herring, and a distraction from the real issue.
USA is a close ally of ours, who sent drones, money and millitary assistance to Nigeria to help rescue our girls. What did the USA find upon arriving?
(1)Thieving leadership in the Army who would rather steal billions of naira, meant to equip our gallant soldiers, to finance their political ambitions.
(2)Top Army Officials who revealed top secret US/Nigeria millitary plans shared with their highest millitary officials with Boko Haram, thus frustrating the efforts to bring back our girls
(3)Top Army officials who supported their rank and file which resorting to brutality and arguably war crimes as depicted below:
After using diplomatic channels to ask GEJ to check the abuses and prosecute the thieving generals, our President turned a blind eye and instead resorted to buying weapons and disgracing the country in the South Africa saga. In the meantime they staged the prosecution of 10 Generals for various related crimes, but up till now no one knows who those Generals are or even whether any prosecution took place. On the other hand they sentenced young and brave soldiers who dared to complain, to death; for the second time, I might add.
So I ask you people, whose side are you on? I chose to remain tru to ALL Nigerians and condemn the theiving leaders who come from every part of this country.
If America does not alert the world to the attrocities commited in your name, then you people are on the way to becoming the old Germans who stood idly by while Hitler murdered the jews.

May God bless you. Let those who choose to bury their heads in the sand continue to do so. Only Nigerians can develop and protect their own country, not U.S.A, not Russia, no one but Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by onyenro(m): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
persius555: US interest in nigeria is something only the US can explain, but certainly it is now obvious that the obama govt does not mean well for our dear country. It predicted the disintegration of the country recently, i believe they are seriously working towards the actualisation. One thing they quickly forget is that we are nigerians, we mighthave challenges with widespread corruption, widespread poverty and all but we can create oaisis from deserts At least, now we know we really need to look deeply inwards as there are really no international friends out there, just friends with interest. Years of overdepence on every thing foreign has finally brought us down on our knees.

we have defense industry corporation of Nigeria lying idle in ladies.What are they doing about it? The biggest economy in Africa cannot defend herself. smh
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
50calibre: Though I see a double standard here, I notwithstanding understand the US's perspective and their frustration with Nigeria.

Jonathan's administration has so far demonstrated an unwillingness to tackle this insurgency from its grassroots, the financial backers of boko haram are reported to be among the government's ranks. What has Jonathan done about this? Nothing!! He places political interests ahead of national interest.

The US has also reported widespread corruption in the Nigerian army, they recently pointed out former Army general Ikejirika as being one of the most corrupt, what has Jonathan done about this? Nothing!!

You then expect the US to allow such corrupt administration to procure arms willy nilly, arms which may fall into the wrong hands or contribute to the bloodshed?

Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly & expecting different results, if you want to take down a tree permanently, uproot it!!! don't just cut the branches as it will definitely grow back.

Jonathan knows who the financiers & leadership of boko haram are, he should start with them, & maybe the US will reverse its stance.

The human rights aspect, I have no problems with, boko haram are maggots and should wiped off by an means possible but Jonathan please start from its leadership.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
swezenberg: This is why US can no longer trust the FG and the army.

This is breaking news:

US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-Army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Funds Abroad

http://www.africaeagle.com/2014/09/us-ambassador-to-nigeria-reveals-how-ex.html
Yes,Nigeria is more corrupt and brutal than the royal house of sauud and the islamic fundamentalists in Egypt.
Don't worry,when BH run over the country and cut off your head, you will argue for the US in your grave.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by powerblaze(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Efforts by THISDAY to get the White House to
respond to the allegations were not
successful.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by ChimaAdeoye: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Many western countries wish a civil war that will break up Nigeria . I had doubted those that implicated the US in the Boko Haram issue. But today it is obvious the Americans have a hand in the Nigerian insurgency. It is heartening that NA refused to trust their troops completely in this effort.

Nigeria must thread carefully with the US. The have a lot of capacity for good as well as evil. Although when it concerns Africa and het development, we see more of the evil side of white men.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
ak47mann: Due to human right abuses nigerian govt unleash on innocent citizens is the reason nigerian govt will have problems purchasing any military hardware from foreign countries,starting from Biafran war, US is just being careful because boko might one day come and bite them in their ass in future, just like other terrorist groups in the past.Nigerian people forget easily that an hausa boy could have brought an american plane down couple with a yoruba boy that beheaded a soldier in UK western world do not take things like that likely. cool

So as a proud people like nigerians, we should now allow our genus to use their God gifts and invest heavily on our local tech if tribalism will let nigeria to function like a country.Either that or our union should be look into simple cool

That's it. End. Whenever American-made weapons end up in the hands if terrorists, HEADS. ROLL. People lose their jobs, go on trial, publicly lambasted...

These are weapons. Not yams. Can you imagine what would happen if American made weapons were used in American soldiers? The media would have a field day.

But hey, let's go with the America conspiracy. "They mad because Nigeria isn't gay enough..."
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
nduchucks: Hypocrisy can be found in any country or government in the world, so shouting America's hypocrisy now is absurd, nothing but red herring, and a distraction from the real issue.

(3)Top Army officials who supported their rank and file which resorting to brutality and arguably war crimes as depicted below:

+100000.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
Btw,the chinook is just a transport chooper with little or no offensive capability ,albeit a very capable transport vehicle.
So what is the fear?
Nigeria already has some of the best attack helicopters in the world and none has fallen into enemy hands.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by darealez(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Let GEJ buy from other country for Godsake! I'm getting crazy day by day with his unlogical approaches. Contact germany, russia, japan, china, korea! It's our welfare we're talking about here! Who the hell does America think she is? Goddamit this ridicule, assholes man our leadership positions and make us all subject to ridicules. Who is america to tell us what nd what not to do! They can't keep toiling with our resolves!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ain't dumb and by virtue of dilligence, reservation, inductive reasoning, perseverance and so on... We are much more than this rubbish people. Our problem is our thinking... That's all! Why wait til today before you purchase ammuntions! Grrrrr..... We're dwindling everyday simply because most of us ar damn too myopic. If not we wouldn't be here in the first case.
Kudos to the Nigerian army!!! You doing well but please be more carefully
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by maasoap(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year
How many innocent Saudi Arabia citizens have killed by their army?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ignorance and more ignorance.
Listening to some people,you would think the so-called chinook is an F-35.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: Ignorance and more ignorance.
Listening to some people,you would think the so-called chinook is an F-35.

Aren't you the same guy who said America is funding ISIS? You are far more ignorant than most folks on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Tinubu, Nigeria's Next President In 2023? - Dele Momodu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.