Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49816 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
GuyFawkes:
Unfortunately the ministry of foreign affairs is filled with incompetent feather brains.Most of the diplomats are just clueless and nobody is reviewing our foreign policy. The few good ones have retired .Its full of politicians now who are compensated with ambassadorial postings, the few diplomats are eventually rendered redundant.
Foreign ministers or secretaries as the case may be are very important posts in any sane country but Nigeria reserves it for some silly and uncharismatic party buffoon.

Or maybe the folks in the corridors of power just don't have what it takes? And a lot of the opinions on this forum by "educated" Nigerians, who're meant to be the brain-box on the country aren't different from what the country is doing. So, it might be lack of enlightenment and, lack of intellectual curiosity that I've always alluded to.

Anyway, you might be right about putting square pegs in round holes. However, that's a scary thing to do with something has important as that, and the nucleus of national security.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by tyty24(f): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
ak47mann: Due to human right abuses nigerian govt unleash on innocent citizens is the reason nigerian govt will have problems purchasing any military hardware from foreign countries,starting from Biafran war, US is just being careful because boko might one day come and bite them in their ass in future, just like other terrorist groups in the past.Nigerian people forget easily that an hausa boy could have brought an american plane down couple with a yoruba boy that beheaded a soldier in UK western world do not take things like that likely. cool

So as a proud people like nigerians, we should now allow our genus to use their God gifts and invest heavily on our local tech if tribalism will let nigeria to function like a country.Either that or our union should be look into simple cool
so what's not tribal in your tirade here?!
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by billionairesjg(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
When we should also be manufacturing our own we are angry with the US of A. When will we learn to be self reliant?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by hakanai(m): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
ducii:

The world does not work like that there is a coalition of world power, as a country u choose where you want to belong. The US, UK, FRANCE AND GERMANY have their own coalition, while China, Russia, Iran, Syria and Libya(under Gaddaffi) have theirs. So you have to choose wisely and bear the consequences if you choose wrongly.

In the current situation i don't think we pose any security challenge now or after buying weapons, to any of the western interest. To a large extent Nigeria is mainly Neutral in most international issues and affairs.Highly pro-west !!! We did not support there enemy against them.Now that we are in need and they didn't provide any help due to there own policy.We will not take the heat and continue to swallow human right restrictions excuses. If i most remind you when Mandela snubbed them over his arms sale to Libya,what happened? Nothing! Kindly Note there are situations i would have said will put us at logger heads with them. In the current situation they simply are saying we have human right issues and they will not help us.We are not chanting down with USA or Europe nor are we saying we need advance arsenal to wage war against them neither are we changing our current foreign policy. We simply need hardware to tackle a situation that affects our Nations existence. !!!!
The Egypt political crisis made them turn to Russia for hardware. Iraq is doing the same after they refuse to provide weapons to Maliki Government and yes it includes IRAN!!!. The two countries turned to Russia and other allies in the middle east. Yet USA is not calling them communist or haters or enemies. Today they still find common interest and areas of co-operation with both countries.I mean if OSama can be caught in Pakistan and Nuclear weapons can be developed in Pakistan against west opinion then we should be pardoned for our small miss-road.So i say let the foreign ministry do her work and let our Ministry of defense/ military acquire hardware jare !!! We shall discuss the differences on the foreign ministry table and smooth the minor bumb in our relations later. QED !!! Let the diplomats talk and let others do there Job !!!!

I don't need to tell you the nation is losing territory,Investment ,people are dying and it is turning desperate every passing day.USA and human right is not enough excuse. You are either with us or we should face front !!!
Abi until the BH capture half the country before they come and help.I say we should learn from the Irag matter. We should not wait or keep using excuses or being obedient always. Once in a while we need show small strong head.The US will join us later when they realize it.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by deebsman1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year

And u with triple standards.
What has saudi arabia have to do with this topic? And no 2, can u proof it that Saudi Arabia is a human right abusing country.....may God deliver u pipu from ignorance, even thou u can read and write...... but sori to say, u r not educated.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
all4naija: Nigerian will never learn from others. The fact that there are moles within the Nigerian military and SSS giving Boko Haram intelligence information there is nothing that can be done to get rid of the insurgents without almighty USA getting involved. Who ever bring the wrong idea that it is American government that is behind sponsor of the terror group is a liar trying to divert attentions to other thing. Indeed, Nigerians would rather believe in conspiracy theories than accept fact. Nigerians like rumors a lot!

Nigeria government should clean up the rats within the military and secret agency. And, form a department that would be responsible for the dissemination of intelligence info and plan to defeat the insurgents.

The US, UK, and other countries that went to Nigeria, went there for the chibok girls, and to get proper information and become properly acquainted with what Boko Haram is actually about, how they operate, and probably establish a level of contacts with insiders and see if they could help release the girls - not to help Nigeria and share intelligence.

Intelligence is a very expensive commodity, and countries don't share intelligence like that, unless they're super-allies. Even with super-allies, it depends on the interests, hence Israeli intelligence agency spies on the US all the time. US spies on all its partners, and it has moles in their intelligence agencies. A few CIA moles in the German intelligence agency were expelled a few months ago. I believe they saw something different when they got to Nigeria. Perhaps, that's why the MSM has stopped talking about the girls. Boko Haram isn't a threat to America - when it metamorphose into a threat to US interests, then they might share a little, and take out Boko Haram. But for now, tell Nigerian leaders to deal with the monsters they created.

I'd even say the US has helped naija a little bit. I heard there are a few America military advisors on the front-line helping out, and making contacts - killing two birds with one stone. grin

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Jesusloveyou: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: America really want their assertion about nigeria's division in 2015 to come to pass. They will go any length to make sure it happens, shame on them.
shame on them for what,for not supporting ur corrupt govt.for supporting u with cash to purchase d same weapon,d same govt.steal it by themselves.who is now d real sponsor of boko haram? US or pdp govt.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by jmslimx(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Its time to Build our own Fighter Jet.. We can get funding ... all i need is a Team of Able young men to put in some dedication i would provide a private channel in wish we communicate and make things happen.. I got alot of computer Skills... i got dude whom is an electronically Genius ... MSG me
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by bash4us(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]He also wondered why the same US would refuse to assist Nigeria based on unsubstantiated claims of human rights violations, which the military has repeatedly denied and insisted are carried out by Boko Haram insurgents wearing Nigerian military uniforms, yet the same US turns a blind eye to the same human rights violations committed by countries like Israel.

“Look at what happened in the recent war between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza strip. Israel repeatedly bombed school compounds and UN buildings and in the process killed scores of women and children.

“Even the UN cried out against the targeting of its facilities by Israeli forces, yet the US did nothing and will continue to supply arms and ammunition to Israel to defend itself against Palestinians and other hostile neighbours in the Middle East,” the security analyst said.

Well said
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
All y'all moda4ckas saying the US is wicked are diputs I swear. How will th US allow Nigeria Government purchase some of their highly sophisticated millitary equipment wen Fed govt can't even give the masses reasonable answer what $9.3 Million cash is doing on a private jet own by Pastor Ayo abi CAN (whoever own the jet) in SouthAfrica. If not that the SA govt announced it publicly, Nigerians won't av known. The whole of GEJ administration is compromise and its a fact staring at all Nigerians in the face.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by ElPhenomenal(m): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gather up the best engineers and scientist here and start building up our own,why do we study for,2 wrk in banks n build roads alone?...they won't invest in the right places now they 're begging like rats
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Lawalemi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is what happens when you rely on other nations' technology
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by 4C2215131: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

What's baseless about the abuse, rights violation and military brutality the average Nigerian experience everyday?

What are you talking about? The allegation is contextual. Stay on point. Sometimes folks just retort for rejoinder sake. Think man! Think!
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by 4C2215131: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
persius555: US interest in nigeria is something only the US can explain, but certainly it is now obvious that the obama govt does not mean well for our dear country. It predicted the disintegration of the country recently, i believe they are seriously working towards the actualisation. One thing they quickly forget is that we are nigerians, we mighthave challenges with widespread corruption, widespread poverty and all but we can create oaisis from deserts At least, now we know we really need to look deeply inwards as there are really no international friends out there, just friends with interest. Years of overdepence on every thing foreign has finally brought us down on our knees.

Word!
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by 4C2215131: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
skullz: During operation serval by the french against malian insurgents, the Algerians initially denied the french a safe passage across their airspace to carry out bombing raids in mali.
The french had to plead and engage in diplomstic tussle before they were granted one.
Algeria had the balls to do this because they know their military is capable.

Had the Algeria depended solely on western hardwares, would they have a strong military?? I don't think so.

Respect is earned.

You are making comparisons without exhaustive research and definition of conditional parameters. Consider the antecedents of the two situations being compared by you.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by olite93(m): 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Y'all sayin he didn't ask US or Russia 1st b4 goin 2 Israel; m sure y'all didn't read well. US was contacted 1st and Russia can't b contacted because of their unrest wit Ukraine. Y'all GEJ haters r d*mb. GEJ till 2019. #bring back Goodluck 2015.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by highmood(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
My candid opinion is that the United states is the one behind the insurgence in the north. They are the one funding them both in cash and ammunition. The United state deceived Nigeria govt that they are here to help, but rather came to supply weapons and cash to those Camels called Boko Haram as they noticed that the security was beefed up then, else why is the sect so powerful and more equipped immediately they left? After thier visit, no single impact nor report on that. They later intended to use the clown from Australia to cause a clash between the north and the east, as they believe the igbos may still be willing to fight for succession yet its failing. They decided to stop the importation of oil from Nigeria for no good reason, yet out country Economy is booming. On the case of Ebola, they used Sawyer to bring disease, and expected it will destroy us so we can beg for their help, they also made words of mouth and no impact, yet without drugs we are defeating the disease. Now, Ammunition. Why all these! U.S. Why? Just because we refused to sign the gay right law which is forbidden by God or what? But they should bear in mind, if they have one, that there are other Countries that are ready to do business with Nigeria if they stop. They are other countries like china, Indian that would want to supply ammunition to Nigeria if they fail. They should also understand that US citizens are scattered everywhere and could be victims at any time just as they have been in the middle east. And finally they should take heed, lest they fall as many countries would love to be the most powerful nation of the world just as they are enjoying and misusing it now. And my advice to our dear governments they should not be deterred. They should look downward, inward, upward and forward, whatsoever they find that would benefit our country, they should use it. They should start tapping the untapped resources, using the dormant but powerful and active human resources. They should develop more on research especially using our herbs to develop drugs to cure us of our diseases. They shouldn't be all that doll in the hands. Let them emulate Zimbabwe. Finally, the governments at all level should try as much as possible to win the trust of all Nigerians and we the citizens should give the government our best. We have no other country, but Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ngwakwe: Indefinite detention without trial of alleged terror suspects at Gitanamo Bay in far away Cuba is justified by US Army

The famous water-boarding and other unexposed US military brutality and inhumanity were nicknamed Enhanced Interrogation Techniques

May be they thought the world accepted theirs as "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques" and our as torture to give them the licence to frustrate any attempt at eliminating Bokoharam.

American Wonders

Don't forget Obama and Hilary Clinton's Administration refused to proscribe Bokoharam when FG made a personate appeal for that to help us track down their finances and other international connections instead they told us that hunger was the root cause of Bokoharam.

Today they are playing all forms of International and diplomatic politics to frustrate the war on Bokoharam terror.

May be US agrees with el-Rufai who refers to our Military as Jonathanian Army.

When I stated that Amnesty International was playing the pipers tunes to justify US and British sabotage, some abuse and insulted me now what are you seeing?
plz I repent of all my sins of supporting the us before, they are fraud and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by darkroses(m): 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Even though I'm not a GEJ supporter as well, I can't harness anything meaningful from what you've just said.

Park well joor , wisdom is the key word

EX bayelsa govt was caught wit Hugh amount of money , he cudnt apply wisdom

Ibori same tin

A particular past gov was caught, na so bag of rice take full every were 4 river state.

Right now, na arms and helipcopters go full every were.

Use ur head
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by VEHULEAOLCOM: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
PLEASE NIGERIA BUILD YOUR OWN HELICOPTERS,ARMS,PLANES,MEDICINES,INTERNET,CARS,ROADS,JUST NAME IT.YOU ONLY HAVE TO PUT YOUR RESOURCES INTO IT.WE HAVE NIGERIANS PRODUCING THE SAME THINGS FOR OTHER COUNTRIES.
NIGERIA HAS THE BRAINS AND RESOURCES TO DO ALL THESE,UTILIZE IT.LOOK AT IRAN,THEY ARE DOING THE SAME THING.
THE ANSWER TO ALL THESE IS CALLED R AND D(RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT).GET SMART,USE YOUR BRAINS AND THE COUNTRY WILL BE BETTER OFF.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Abagworo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
My belief is that the US knows the FG is arming Boko Haram and is doing everything possible to prevent access to more arms for the group.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Mclick(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
These are things Nigeria can manufacture, if we are serious enough, with consistency policies and the willingness of the government for development. When Nigeria start depending less on other nations, then we become truely independent and stop the blame game on the US. Stop corruption, revamp the education system to become results oriented. Then we shall truely develop.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Amadaz(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
careytommy: its obvious US is behind boko haram as dey desperately want to balkanise Nigeria for reasons best known to dem
you talk like an illiterate prsn.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by LLVelly: 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
4k USA, Russia Is ever willing to sell on credit. GEJ phone Putin ASAP. Our money na our money oh. If the seller no agree sell make the customer go the next available shop. Na him money he dey chop. After buying from Russia they'll assist us on Nuclear weapon sef. Infact I no go enter lasvegas go chop my money again.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by mygem: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
A summit was held to galvanize all the western powers to fight Isis but no mention was made on the boko boys ....something is not clear only the powers that be know the truth

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by lucianohase(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have said this before and I'll say it again,"US government does not care about Nigeria,and they have a hand in the sponsorship of bokoharam!" Read this: http://tarnews.co.za/frontpage/boko-haram-is-a-cia-covert-operation-wikileaks/....Let us see this US gov and western powers for who they really are! Even if Apc buhari or tinubu is the president,the Us will still do the same thing they are known for, double standards.Understand me,i'm not saying that human right violation is good but we all know that they have to hold unto something as a reason for doing what they are doing,just like that present gov in enugu held unto something flimsy to mastermind the impeachment of his former deputy. This is terrorism nigeria is fighting against and Us claim to be supporting us while in actual sense they are aiding the bh.Well,one thing I know for sure is that the evil intent of Us will not prevail ! As for them,time will come when they will go down as world power,just the way the roman empire,the babylonian empire and others went down.there fall may even come from their own citizens.Imagine people who invaded iraq for no just course, that sadam had weapons of mass distruction which they didn't see,talk about human right violation! Has iraq known peace after Us invation? All I'm saying is that no matter how clean and incorruptible u are as a president of this country,as far as u don't dance to their tune,u r in their bad books.When they sneeze,u must catch cold! That's western imperialism for u

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
deb: This post is so funny. It is written as though Jonathan is intelligent enough to pull his points through to Obama and get a result. Retardeen presido of all time

You do realize Jonathan is a Doctorate Degree holder? What are your qualifications?

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
shymexx:

Nothing has changed about Nigeria IMO. The only two periods Nigeria wasn't pro-West were: when the Murtala guy was killed, and the period when it was sanctioned. Apart from those two periods, the country has always been super-duper pro-West and supremely pro-American. Nigeria isn't part of the emerging powers sphere - it's under America's choke-hold. And isn't your Finance Minister part of the Rockefeller foundation? Also, the last time I checked, Nigeria still lined up behind America at the UN - Egypt which is a proper American ally didn't even do that.

The country has no foreign policy, and I doubt it has ever had one. Hence I'll always question the intelligence of those ruling Nigeria. Just schmucks running around with blinkered brain cells, labelling themselves diplomats. You'd think a country as big as Nigeria would have one - but it doesn't. Algerian foreign policy is there for all to see. Ditto Egypt and South Africa.

OH SHUT UP.. YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP...AS USUAL. Sure... ''Egypt has a foreign policy'' - to be ISRAEL'S FOREVER BIITCH AND MILITARY DICTATORSHIP OUTPOST AD INFINITUM!! Nonsense. Abeg comot here jor...

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

OH SHUT UP.. YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP...AS USUAL. Sure... ''Egypt has a foreign policy'' - to be ISRAEL'S FOREVER biitch!!

Rose the dyke, I thought you got ar.sed ra.ped, and you haven't recovered - what happened, biitch lol?

Egyptian foreign policy since Sadat has been about maintaining cordial relationship with Israel, under the US sphere of influence, with the gulf states in the Arab league, and keeping the Suez Canal open - for $3 billion annual military aid from the US.

El-sisi just changed it not too long ago after he declared that they will build another Suez Canal, and he was in Russia a few weeks ago to sign juicy deals - the first Egyptian leader to do that since Sadat. I think Abdel Nasser was the last and that was when Egypt was a Soviet ally. Also, Egypt has been signing juicy deals with China of late - it was at the BRICS summit in July, when an alternative new world economic order was declared.

Just shuut up lol! Rose the dyke!

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Even though I'm not a GEJ supporter as well, I can't harness anything meaningful from what you've just said.

mister GA, hvent heard from u for awhile now, watstop nw?
i saw ya calls, u dey abroad?
nice post sha, egift is biased, he shud ve read in d article whr its been said that US even block the deal we had with russia due to the dis ukraine crisis.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
hakanai: I am still baffled by the comments from Nigerians and her government. At present the Nigerian Government has countless allies to buy from and willing sellers even in the illegal market. We don't need US high tech to beat BH. A moderate level weaponry can do the magic. Left for me if not that BH has continuously seized weapon,which they use to fight the same government army there is nothing sophisticated about the BH weaponry. Can we Do the Abacha things, Acquire weapons anywhere legal or illegal. Stop the begging and hoping that America will be our friend forever.
We have the Russia made helicopters that can do what the chinook can do. We have the Chinese,the south Africans,Koreans (north), the Iranians and lots more. We should put our interest First Jor. Anywhere the solution can be found lets go there!!! We are not the first to deal or trade with rogue countries!!!!! If they have it, lets buy it because of our urgent needs. China can give us everything we need to counter the BH problem. Even the drones! yes at cheaper rate.Some will say its substandard. Considering what we have and the last procurement from Israel,i will take my chances.
We continue to be ripped off by the so called west when we need armament. Its costly and they just put silly restrictions all around it. We are in Africa for God sake. People we fight here , simply use the typical small arms. All we need is some freaking planes and armored vehicles up there sending it back to them.I am tired of all this begging the west for help. We need to move on. They put it on the doors of human right violations and yet without providing the weaponry,the bad guys are continuously violating other peoples right at humongous proportion! which is better ?
Naija wake up and is time we even look inwards. Pull some profs and foreign Naija gurus. Get them cracking and patronize there inventions. Share the challenges with them and allow them time to develop or respond with solutions.We need to allow our system locally grow. Innoson,ANAMCO and PAN should be given specifications for amour vehicles. if they can meet the requirement they should be patronized.
Lets buy planes from Russia and China. Meanwhile i know we have plenty Air force jet allowed to rot on the runways?hangers. Mostly MIGs we should have more than 10 units. Get the Russians to come rive them and upgrade them. So we send them to combat while we sort out the procurement of there replacement.

all these u r saying is easy n cheap, firstly we r still ally with america, even though they have stopped buying our oil bt they can influence our buyers. dealing with russia now is too dicey n risky cos we might end up losing n russia wont buy our oil. russia are exporter of oil.
the best nigeria could do is buy from black market n it must not be expose. ngwakwe's article shud really explain the powers the american dollars portends. its easy to sit n assume thngs but when u get there u will knw its tough esp now that amnesty international has blacklisted our armedforces of human rights violations. we can buy from russia, not even china nor isreal Unless its thru dirty n real shady deals. cash transfer s out of it cos US hv eyes on d world.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by egift(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
IbokUtoroh: mister GA, hvent heard from u for awhile now, watstop nw?
i saw ya calls, u dey abroad?
nice post sha, egift is biased, he shud ve read in d article whr its been said that US even block the deal we had with russia due to the dis ukraine crisis.

My guy you are the one not catch up here.

US has been leading sanctions against Russia - pressurizing all their allies and friends, even their enemies to deal with Russia for a dispute ralating to arms and conflict.

Now our guy wearing fedora, is having speech difficulties explaining the reason why top military officers and politicians loyal to him, are becoming Billions at the expense of war against terror. What he did was to start smuggling and illegal arms dealing.

The worst is that immediately South African deal went bad, the government instead of looking for other options available to its illegal business, Jonathan and his supporters start beating up their rusty chest that they are heading to Russia. Now let the say it again.

Someone should tell Jonathan to retrace his steps back and make peace with our allies - he will get all the fireworks he need. Confronting the US will need more skill than the one they use in looting our budget.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Abuja To Await The Release Of Results.(photos) / El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.