Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,451 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls (28491 Views)

Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Nigerian Defence Headquarters Releases Pictures Of BIU Operation Aftermath / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by CyberWolf: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
The defence spokesman should be sacked immediately angry angry
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by mu2sa2: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
When the girls are eventually released nobody will believe them, even with pictures and video, because they will assume it's all made up.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Obinoscopy(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
barcanista: did you hear that the dhq has retracted that 1st statement? What it means is that the 1st statement is now "Null and Void
Whether null and full or null and void. The damage has been done. The DHQ made a first statement, nobody can erase that from our memory.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by IYANGBALI: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Faun: I'm glad they're still in captivity cool
your sickness don start again?I no get money to buy you your drug o

5 Likes

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
arsetalks: Redeployment? Outright sack please. That's what he deserves.
outright sack may not be morally right(except he resign). The military has some redundant dept that he can fit in
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by naijamustsweet: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's now very clear, we have drunkards heading our military!

No wonder we are not wining this war on terror.

Why would the International Community sell arms to a Clueless and inept Army??

Everybody is laughing at Nigeria now! Yeye people!
Premium Times has succesfully fooled you and many others on this forum. Retract means to withdraw a statement earlier made. In the original story,premium times claimed ' a top military source' .Instead of you to ask premium times for the evidence that DEFHQ or Gen Olukolade actually issued any statement you are spewng insults.
The Def Hq statement is not a retraction and premium times is merely trying to cover up for their blunder instead of tendering an apology for misinformation.
May God will deliver Nigeria from all her enemies , especially enemies within.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by umorenb(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
U see, its so sad. Hw cud he pass such a sensitive info 2 the public and then retracts after a few minutes wit a useless excuse dat he's unable to make contact wit Bornu? Meaning dat he had passed an unconfirmed info b4 trying 2 get confirmatn.

I weep 4 dis country of ours. cry

1 Like

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by cole265(m): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
miqos02: confusionists.,...,.

Is a system of government; ...the type being operated and headed by GEJ in Nigeria of today.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by san316(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Toh! I don talk am. The other thread gave me hope. Now i'm disappointed more than ever. It's fatally risky to bet on the fg.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by tabontabon: 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
I guess the United States also blocked the release of the girls @ the point of exchange.
Just as they blew their cover in SA & prevented the arms deal @ d last minute.
Just as they are scuttling their effort to procure arms even in "CHINA".
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Faun(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
IYANGBALI: your sickness don start again?I no get money to buy you your drug o

My sickness can only be cured by a steady supply of ttopless pics.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: GEJ is a type of virus which makes one a lier.

What would you call Chris Olukolade??..
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Obinoscopy: Whether null and full or null and void. The damage has been done. The DHQ made a first statement, nobody can erase that from our memory.
obi Ì don't just want ppl to be misled
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by ezugegere(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
The DHQ did not make any statement claiming the release of Chibok girls. Premium Times lied and now trying to cover it up! Stop being fooled by these Boko Haram media outlets!!

1 Like

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by cole265(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
IYANGBALI: your sickness don start again?I no get money to buy you your drug o
Hahaha...I love nairaland! I swear. grin grin grin
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Obinoscopy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
barcanista: obi Ì don't just want ppl to be misled
Ok, it will be removed. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by penny01502: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: GEJ is a type of virus which makes one a lier.
your comment is simply an identity of your stupidity, I wonder what block head folks like you will achieve by tarnishing one's image on social media.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by HopeAlive14(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
The source that initially declared these girls to be free shall declare them free again!
To God be the glory.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by soldierdollar(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: The Defence Headquarters has retracted its earlier statement confirming the rescue of the abducted Chibok girls.

The spokesperson for the defence headquarters, Chris Olukolade, had told PREMIUM TIMES that a yet unclear number of the girls had been freed and driven in two Toyota Hiace buses to the Maimalari Barracks, the headquarters of the 7th Division of the Nigerian Army in Maiduguri.

But less than 30 minutes after he spoke to us, Mr. Olukolade called back to say he was withdrawing his earlier statement. He said he had been having difficulty establishing contact with his colleagues in Maiduguri and that he was no longer sure that the girls driven into the barracks were newly rescued.

Mr. Olukolade had told this newspaper the girls had been freed and that the rescue exercise was still ongoing and that appropriate statement would be made later. PREMIUM TIMES has also learnt that the girls driven into the Maimalari barracks were those who escaped earlier from the Boko Haram sect. The over 200 girls, mostly teenagers, were kidnapped from their secondary school in Chibok, Borno State, on April 14. With the military withdrawing its statement, it now does appear the girls are still in captivity. - See more at:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/headlines/168535-breaking-defence-headquarters-retracts-statement-on-rescue-of-chibok-girls-says-its-not-sure-yet.html#sthash.4j3pmH04.dpuf

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..……….

1 Like

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by chaberry(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
berem: even the devil himself knows its not true.
Devil knows nd u don't
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Tex42(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
...while better brains are roaming the streets of naija jobless, we have a 'stone age mad man' at the DHQ gulping millions and vomiting rubbish,and to think he is one of those entrusted with the responsibility of paddling the security affairs of this nation is the more reason why i cry in oatience jonathan's[chai! chai!!]voice.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Homguy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Imagine! To think that a whole DHQ which supposed to be the most advanced and reliable sphere of the country can spurt such weighty/sensitive comments and retract them in a blink is extremely sad,and appalling. I weep for my country. I wish those chibok girls quick rescue. Clueless, shameless DHQ.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by penny01502: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
cole265:

Is a system of government; ...the type being operated and headed by GEJ in Nigeria of today.
carefully dear, your flicking mouth might just bent
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by penny01502: 9:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
cole265:

carefully dear, your flicking mouth might just bent.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It's now very clear, we have drunkards heading our military!

No wonder we are not wining this war on terror.

Why would the International Community sell arms to a Clueless and inept Army??

Everybody is laughing at Nigeria now! Yeye people!
rolling on the floor laffing loud..
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
barcanista: absolutely correct my boss, Jonathan's Army Generals seems to have deeply soaked themselves in a pond of alcohol, the wasy they act and behave will make one to mistake the government house for psychiatric center.
my tummy hurts...ROTFLLMAO!!
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
tabontabon: I guess the United States also blocked the release of the girls @ the point of exchange.
Just as they blew their cover in SA & prevented the arms deal @ d last minute.
Just as they are scuttling their effort to procure arms even in "CHINA".

Lmao, yes o let's blame everything on the US or if that fails they can blame it on APC as usual grin. Bunch of clowns
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Eldavido1: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Can somebody pls sack this guy!!! I take God beg Jonathan to plsssss sack this olukolade of a thing plssss!!!!!
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by nairaman66(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Government where People Deceive People (PDP) undecided

The girls are now recharge cards and have been loaded.
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by Baawaa(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Can this happened in a nation that has sound president
Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by AdekunleBalogun: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Events in the news this week alone has lead to my realization that hope for a better Nigeria is a mirage, maybe when we are able to get these people out of aso-rock maybe then, just maybe I might start to believe in this country again. I will never get work-up again because of Nigeria, I just pray that Allah should protect my family, and the innocent people of this country.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls by hardbody: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
I do not blame the NA. They needed to make that claim before we are told the camerounians came into iur territory and released the girls and sahara reporters will add salt n pepper to make us look more incompetent than we actually are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience At INEC Office Today / Photos Of Arrested Aac/take It Back Members In Handcuffs And Chains / Sowore's Highest Qualification Is WAEC According To INEC List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.