Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,907 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:40 AM

Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs (13390 Views)

Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / "How I Shared N260million From Dasuki" - PDP Chieftain Tony Anenih / Yoruba Monarchs Did Not Deceive Jonathan – PDP Replies Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 25, 2014
aljharem:
Again I am disappointed and I really hope you come to Nigeria and see what is happening to your home state

Now to the topic

You see you see nothing wrong in the Obs's act

Then Tinubu or anybody have no right to insult or castigate Tom Ikimi since he was just following orders as well.

Tom Ikimi is a small man compared to an Oba of Lagos But APC people are quick to insult Ikimi.

The hypocrisy is too much. Stick with one ideology and stop playing with the SW.

It is time you youths get your heads screw on tight.

Lmao...I'm leanand I'm back again. Just doing it because I've got love for Alh_harem despite your chameleonic nature. grin You've probably claimed about 10 identities since I registered on this forum. However, I can't deny the fact that you and a lot of knowledgeable Yoruba folks on here gave me a head-start into trying to read more about Yoruba history and my scholarship. And I'll forever be grateful to you lot. You're also entitled to your opinions as a man - and I respect that.

However, I don't see anything wrong with what the man said. Let's take the messenger (though after seeing his picture with GEJ yesterday and how he looks like a proper don - that's definitely one Yoruba monarch I'd like to meet, with Ijebu Chief Kuku), and the Judas Iscariot who was betrayed, out of it for now - and look at the bigger picture. How come Yorubas haven't been able to create another Awolowo, since the real Awolowo died, and those great Yoruba sons of that era? It's basically because of the message the King alluded to - Yorubas are perpetual back-stabbers. A lot of these folks would sell their own folks for porridge, and it's evident everywhere.

The Ekiti election is a classic example, where those folks sold their collective future, to slaving masters. And Ondo folks and their little man syndrome is another classic example. Ibadan folks and their funny mentality look like the next in line. So, what's fundamentally wrong with Yorubas and their inability to always speak with one voice? Also, at the just concluded charade of a conference - Yorubas from other states asked for one thing, while those from Lagos asked for another...isn't that troubling?

Yet, you lot keep spouting idi.otic sophistication everywhere. What's sophisticated in a divided house with no leadership whatsoever, where folks just antagonise one another for crumbs, and what they will benefit today? You lot are all pathetic!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by anonimi: 2:26am On Sep 25, 2014
barcanista: Anonimi you have started again. Do you know what N34 Billion is to LG administration between 2004 and 2007 is? Obviously, your political bias has blinded you from giving credit to whom it is due. How many states can survive without LG funds for 3years? How many? I can bet you not even Rivers under Amaechi can.do you know what it takes to keep LG afloat? Anyway, you are just being political which is pathetic.
Beside the 37 aren't LGAs but LCDAs which the SC ruling affirmed to be legal. I tire for yu guy.

They were initially created as LGAs and Thief'nubu only reverted to the LCDA appellation when his "national-ship-navigator" friend, OBJoke pointed out the illegality and seized the money meant for the 20 constitutionally recognized LGAs to avoid their allocations being illegally used by the additional, constitutionally UNrecognized LGAs. Those are the FACTS of the matter. Do you know something different

Meanwhile the seized amount, which was released in June 2007 by Yar'Adua is N10 billion and NOT the N34 billion you pulled up from I-don't-know-where, as stated by Thief'nubu's own mouthpiece newspaper =>

Lagos LG funds: Triumph of reason
2007-07-26

President Umaru Yar’Adua’s directive to the Accountant-General of the Federation to release forthwith the N10.8 billion funds belonging to the Lagos State Local Governments must have shocked to former President Olusegun Obasanjo whose government sat on the funds illegally for four years. Segun Adeniyi, the president’s spokesman, said the president gave the directive after consultations within the agencies and institutions of government.
If the former president had derived joy and pleasure in the suffering of the people of Lagos State, whose local government’s funds he had seized, then the presidential directive that the funds be released must have terminated that joy; and deservedly too.
There was absolutely no basis for such a seizure. Let us even assume that the state government [size=14pt]erred in creating the 36 additional local governments[/size] in 2003, the government reversed itself after the intervention of some elders in the south-west axis of the country. Still, the Obasanjo government [size=14pt]only released about N24 billion[/size] out of the about N34 billion that it withheld. This was enough indication that it only used the creation of the local governments as a smokescreen to deal with the Lagos State Government. Even when the Supreme Court ruled that the Federal Government had no right to withhold the funds, the Obasanjo government pretended not to understand English language. Out of mischief, it returned to the apex court, ostensibly for it to interpret its ruling.

Source: The Nation

So what % of Lagos state revenue and budget in the total three years concerned do you think this N10 billion represents

Is it not also DUBIOUS when you guys talk about LASG raising money from the pockets, wallets, bags and handbags of its residents as IGR but everyone is too CLUELESS to ask what the 57 LGAs have been doing with these allocations for the past 15 years plus shocked

For how much longer shall we remain their willing, voluntary MUMUs

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by anonimi: 2:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Why do you always use the phrase 'Niger delta oil'? FG makes money from Lagos seaport, airport, taxes from multinationals in Lagos and distribute it to all parts of the country.

Check the statistics on the money SHARED every month in Abuja to find out what % is from Niger Delta oil revenue then come back here let's discuss. Ok

Meanwhile you may wish to also note that the imports through the seaport and other economic activities are the ripple effects of our oil-dependent economy.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 25, 2014
arresa:

When you say tact and discrete, what exactly is the meaning of that? You want him to walk quietly to Yoruba people or Nigerians and wispier in their ears one by one?

The Oba of Lagos is a grown man and he's free to express his views anyway he wants and that you can you can not dictate.

And about doing this because of some favor from Awujale, that's your own opinion and innuendo so I wont debate that. I don't even see the basis for that kind of thought. Is he trying to win some Obaship or political position in Ijebuland? His he gunning for some chieftancy title in Ijebuland?

I really don't get your argument..

Are you from Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by chinazaekperem2: 7:09am On Sep 25, 2014
Lowgeorge , I think you have been busted, mind how you comment else dem go post your picture ooooo. I just love U sha, dats why am telling you

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by bright8(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2014
focus7: I don't know but I have the hunch that ur home town is Ile Ife cos the man there is known for corruption.
No brother not from Ife. My king na the worst in Niger Delta, with belle like GP tank.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aljharem(m): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2014
emmatok:

Since you decamped to PDP your fight against Tinubu is increasingly great.
I hope they pay you well for this.

And when did you become Yoruba.

Why do you think I get paid for talking against corruption ?

Do you get paid for commenting ?

How has the political trades and murder affected you and your family positively

It is here in the full glare of Nairaland that we see how Gbawe,Berem get paid by likes of Atiku. Are people so stu.pi.d that you rather allow all that than speak the truth ?

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2014
aljharem:

It is here in the full glare of Nairaland that we see how Gbawe,Berem get paid by likes of Atiku. Are people so stu.pi.d that you rather allow all that than speak the truth ?
I have warned you to keep my name off your lips but you wouldn't listen. This would be the last time you accuse me falsely or else I will report you to the mods.
Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by anonimi: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2014
It seems someone has decided to pack up her sewing/tailoring/curtain-making/interior decoration business for the (more lucrative ) internet warrior job of CONFUSING the minds of her fellow citizens with LIES and MISINFORMATION. angry

We should not relent in EXPOSING and providing FACTUAL information to counter such FRAUDULENT activities of SHAMELESS people who have no qualms about the suffering induced on their fellow citizens by their new-found political paymasters shocked Their INTIMIDATION tactics should not deter us one bit in the noble efforts to continue the revival and rescue journey of our dear country.

So sad sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by PassingShot(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2014
arresa:

It's OK to apply whatever label you like to his actions, but open truth and redemption beats secrecy and continued corruption.

I commend him for putting the truth out there because the same characters are still out there sabotaging our efforts because of the same crumbs they get from Abuja.

Truth trumps secrecy anytime, any day and I wish and hope Nigerians like you have same set of balls not only to question your own deplorable actions, but also to tell the truth, make amends and prevent similar situations from happening again..

I don't disagree with your points but i maintain that it's hypocritical of him. Let's agree to disagree then.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Ayekotoo(m): 10:34am On Sep 25, 2014
anonimi:

Check the statistics on the money SHARED every month in Abuja to find out what % is from Niger Delta oil revenue then come back here let's discuss. Ok

Meanwhile you may wish to also note that the imports through the seaport and other economic activities are the ripple effects of our oil-dependent economy.
Is Ondo not among the so called 'Niger delta'? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? if you feel cheated then secede simple as that. don't bore us with your Oil allocation
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2014
Steadmann:

Overserious dey worry me.

Now I'm hustling and making papers, by the time I make enough papers I'm going to resign. I don't have to work till I grow old.

Then, I shall devout my time and resources to Issuing Visas To The Saboteurs.

I'm going to start with our PastorPreneurs.

Those Bastardds do whatever they like as if Nigeria is a lawless country. They commit great attrocities on a daily basis yet they mount the altar to preach.

They are all going to pay.

God punish them all.

They've All Failed The City.

dude this is real life. stop watching arrows...
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2014
Steadmann:

Overserious dey worry me.

Now I'm hustling and making papers, by the time I make enough papers I'm going to resign. I don't have to work till I grow old.

Then, I shall devout my time and resources to Issuing Visas To The Saboteurs.

I'm going to start with our PastorPreneurs.

Those Bastardds do whatever they like as if Nigeria is a lawless country. They commit great attrocities on a daily basis yet they mount the altar to preach.

They are all going to pay.

God punish them all.

They've All Failed The City.

dude this is real life. stop watching arrows...I hope u go stay 5 years for sambisa forest. before coming back with now and arrows...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by anonimi: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Is Ondo not among the so called 'Niger delta'? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? if you feel cheated then secede simple as that. don't bore us with your Oil allocation

What is the highlighted about
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by marinaosoba(f): 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
aljharem:

God bless you.

Now this is someone thinking and God will keep giving you wisdom.

Imagine an ex head of state and former minister what to be a president at the age of 71 yrs shocked Buhari

Imagine an ex vice president what to be president at 69 yrs shocked Atiku

Imagine a drug dealer and ex-governor what to be vice president at 64 yrs shocked Tinubu

Imagine a corrupt Oba and ex assistant IG already endorsing the next corrupt gubernatorial candidate Ambode

We should not be fo...oled again. Lets vote for individuals

Lagos is being run like a family business and traded like a product. We need to stand up for our collective rights.

WE SAY NO TO APC AND PDP !!!!!!!!!!!

WE SAY NO TO TINUBU AND HIS FAMILY !!!!!!

NO TO IKIMI, ANNEIH, OBJ, BUHARI, ATIKU, CLARK ETC !!!!

WE WANT YOUNG FRESH MINDS

No matter what you say, Ambode has been selected by BAT to rule Lagos in the next dispensation. You better get on the winning team before it's too late!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aljharem(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2014
marinaosoba:

No matter what you say, Ambode has been selected by BAT to rule Lagos in the next dispensation. You better get on the winning team before it's too late!

We don't need a ruler but a man who serves the people.

Ambode will lose for that very reason that he was anointed by BAT.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
marinaosoba:

Yes o that's the confirmed next Governor of Lagos State and you can take that to the bank grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by tit(f): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
aljharem:

ispiikdatroof,
you are a wiseman!
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by tit(f): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

- Yorubas are perpetual back-stabbers. A lot of these folks would sell their own folks for porridge, and it's evident everywhere.

words on marble.
Sir Shylock, why are you pointing with your left hand?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
smoothsk: .

Are you from Lagos?

Born and raised in Lagos.

Don't know what my birth place got to do with the discussion anyways.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by aljharem(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
arresa:

It has a lot to do with the discussion

Why ain't you talking about your state of origin Osun

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
arresa:

I guess that answers it all. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by arresa: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
[s]
aljharem:

It has a lot to do with the discussion

Why ain't you talking about your state of origin Osun
[/s]

I can not go back n forth with you not only because you are a nuisance, but also because you are irrelevant, you are a pest, you have no sense of self worth, you have no sense of identity and belonging.

You are basically a piece of sh!!t to me.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
berem: I have warned you to keep my name off your lips but you wouldn't listen. This would be the last time you accuse me falsely or else I will report you to the mods.
Be warned!

Taaaahh!
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

Insult isn't your forte but called me "dumb" no? - silly dunderhead. I'm obviously not your type nor on your level since you slave around for crumbs and all ya opinions are paid for - a typical hungry political jobber. Your handle alone is self-explanatory.

I reiterate: what's the correlation between Spanish culture and Yoruba culture? And what crime did he commit with what he said?

And who isn't corrupt in Nigeria? What moral right do you even have as a political jobber and sycophantic pseud with paid opinions to talk about corruption, when you are corruption personified and your job is to campaign for utterly corrupt souls who are the bane of that country?
It's shameful that you see everyone who holds an opinion different from your own as a paid agent, it's really shameful and to even think you asked what crime Akiolu committed with what he said says so much about your level of reasoning. I cease to discuss this issue any further with you, when more intelligent come in board I will be back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 26, 2014
APContherun:
It's shameful that you see everyone who holds an opinion different from your own as a paid agent, it's really shameful and to even think you asked what crime Akiolu committed with what he said says so much about your level of reasoning. I cease to discuss this issue any further with you, when more intelligent come in board I will be back.

You wouldn't know what intelligence is if I were to smack ya face that looks like a crumb munching rat's face covered by whiskers with it. Your handle alone is self-explanatory and it shows you are a political jobber, and your opinions are paid for.

Also, I asked you simple questions in which you are yet to provide answers to. Yet you keep going on a tangent ranting like a rabid dog.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by juman(m): 2:28am On Sep 26, 2014
If the story was true the super king is commended for that.

But generally he (oba adetona) is a bad king.

A king of 55 years on the throne and the country turned from good to bad and from bad to worst.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by tit(f): 2:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Oba!
Aaaaah!
Any of the money still remain?
The girls are hungry.
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by Riot5000: 2:51am On Sep 26, 2014
LOL
To all my countrymen YORUBA, We are all the SAME, UNTIL WE get power over others, and have the opportunity to be selfish.
Igbo Man no be only man way love Money-o.
If Youruba no fit trust Yoruba, who him go trust?
This goes to show that all the PREJUDICES we have are just that, PREJUDICES.
Can we all stop hating and start finding what makes us nice?
I used to be pissed as I spent my Childhood dodging Russian Migs that raided our Primary School, narrowly escaping death from the hands of Hausa Men that running towards me with raised Machete trying to kills us at School in Umuahia, after burning a Jeep at JOJ Okezie's compound during mid 1960s UPGA, NCNC and those political Bull Scitt fiasco.
Just put in some School curriculum to teach my young Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews about the Biafran War, and let's call it even.
EVERY MAN HAS A SELFISH SIDE, AND THAT IS AT THE CENTER OF WHAT WE ALL DO.
Only if Ojukwu had promised some Power 20 years of free Oil, who knows where we would all be today, and maybe, Abiola might still be alive and well today
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by WilyWily5: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yorubas, na wah ooo
Re: Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs by marinaosoba(f): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

We don't need a ruler but a man who serves the people.

Ambode will lose for that very reason that he was anointed by BAT.

"It is only a fool will be campaign or contest with His Excellency Akinwunmi Ambode" - Raymond P O Eturugo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Ondo APC Primary Was ‘rigged’ To Favour Akeredolu -APC Vice Chair Akinyelure / Wike Rebuilds INEC Office In Khana LGA That Was Burnt During Rivers Rerun / Gani Adams: Southerners Spend ₦8 Billion Daily On Beef Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.