Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (5196 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:
firstly, Sahara reporters was the platform in which the article was submitted

Beni ma.

Secondly I added the writers name, I didn't do a search on him, I haven't read any of his previous article & I doubt if he is a staff of Sahara reporters

Aha, please go now and research on him. He's a smart chap no doubt, but to write stuffs you don't have proofs on, just to advance an already dying image is very worrisome.

So this has nothing to do with the platform but rather the content of the article!!!

Ok ma, that link Candour posted from my earlier post, have you considered the content of the article too? I can guess your answer is to the negetive.

This will shock you, this is my 11th year in Christ embassy, I don't know the level you have gotten to but in our words "I'm a son" in the house

It's almost my 5th year ma'am cheesy

as to your last paragraph, I won't say much
Q1. when did i accuse you of worship? can you make a reference implicitly or explicitly?

Ma'am, i dd not say you said i worship my pastor, from the above write up, i simply asked you whether you too were of the same opiinion, a Yes or No would have been just fine. smiley

Q2.Why are you on the offensive/defensive, I only invited you to get your thought on this subject but you have almost taken it as though you are the one being accused

Ma'am, you are sure getting my thought, by with the presence of some folks derailment is inevitable. If you seeing that i have almost taken it as though I am the one being accused, apologies then, can we proceed further? I'd ignore some other posts here.

gleaning through all your post one will think you are the PR of CE,

same thing ma'am, going over your post and some others here, one would think it's a session with journalist who are looking for a bad name to call a dog so that they can hang it. undecided

Q3. Who made u the mouth piece & defender of CE online, several years ago, I did the same thing but over time I understood that the important thing is about defending Christ & not the ministry, so now I don't bother myself, I know most of the accusations against CE & I also know the responses brethren give

I'm not a mouth piece as I have NEVER gave anyone info about ministry activities, addressing allegations and such, if did, it was already made public by the church itself. But someone gotta stop folks who spread lies, no? Now, are you disturbed I'm doing a fine job refuting claims against CE online? but come on, who gave folks the right to be the persecuting counsel of CE online? If you did the same thing, I'm sorry, what i do here is far far different from what you did, i have a vision, purpose and a goal, and yeah, I review them and see the progress made. for example, the ROR page has had ROR daily, i knew the number of views it had daily before i took it up, and i know the number of views it gets now... you have no idea the testimonies and thank yous i get. smiley

(for others info:when you see similar explanations from CE members, it's not that we are taught what to say, it stems from the fact that we all listen to one source, it more or less from the mindset we have come to have, hence the similar responses

smiley wink

That being said, it will shock you to know that some of the things the brethren say or do are not known at the top, if not correction would have long been made)

yeah, very true.

someone once told me she didn't know I was a member of Christ embassy, I wasn't offended but I would have cried if she had told me she didn't know I was a Christian, h fortunately for so many the reverse would have been the case

You see, most folks around where i stay don't know i'm from CEC, they get to know, not by how i speak or look, but on how i refuse negative talks and dressing. Then the audacity i use in challenging the devil, plus the evangelism part, then rich grammar. I went on follow one day and they called me "Junior Pastor Chris", why? i was in a suit in a squalid area, telling folks about Christ in the most refined form of grammar and simplicity, one said "which church are you from?", i said "CEC", he said, "NO wonder, you look and talk like your pastor". I don't have curly hair, i am light skinned, and great oratory skills. You can't blame be for being like my Pastor na, Paul said we should copy them who through faith and patence inherited the promises, then Paul said, "Be ye imitators of me", etc... I've listened to more than 300 Pastor Chris' messages, add that to T. D. Jake and Kenneth Hagin. cheesy

Q4. Have u so passionately defended Christ the way you defend the ministry(before u answer this know that all your post on NL can be studied) I want u to consider the answer carefully & don't just scream YES

Yes, i defend Christ More than CEC... go through my posts and topics, it has one thing in focus, the gospel of Christ.

the thing is that most of us haven't started asking ourselves serious questions, hence the drama

hmmm

It's best you ask yourself such questions urself before unpleasnat circumstances will force you to, that's the reason someone pointed it out in this forum that some folks have turned agnostics

some folks left Jesus na, plenty sef, not because He preached wrong, but because some folks were over thinking. By the way, threads that hit on churches and pastors don't make folks agnostic and atheists, right? ok o

T
hey never asked themselves questions, they never sought to know if they were still in the faith(whether they were still following the book)

yeah, some just needed an excuse though for immorality

It had to take an unpleasant event to wake them to the truth & they felt angry, deceived etc and had to give up completely

Luke 9:62 (AMP)
62 Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.

Some persons might not understand where I'm coming from & I won't be surprised if u don't get me too

smiley

I hope this one isn't too long for you too & also hope u'll see the spirit I wrote this

it isn't long ma'am, I see the spirit too. wink

PS: pls don't give me the epistle of I'm a rebel or I'm not truly a son or its not about the number of years etc I know the drill

you really need to know me then...I know alot about these stuffs. Mail me please if that's no trouble to you. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 7:03am On Sep 30, 2014
Rather than ponder on the thrust of the article, some folks are busy picking holes in the articles

Why won't there be holes, is the article not written by human?
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee: Rather than ponder on the thrust of the article, some folks are busy picking holes in the articles

Why won't there be holes, is the article not written by human?

Rather than ponder on the truth in the article link Candour post here, some folks are busy picking holes in the article. Why won't there be holes, is the article not written by human?

Read the link Candour graced us with, then ponder on it too, I read yours o, even though it's long, a good read though heavily misinfoming

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:

I hope the quote below will address ur last paragraph, he said according to his knowledge, it wasn't a statement of certainty

Q1. Cite a newspaper publication where "the Church" returned the generator?

If there is none, how do u expect the public to know that it was returned? Even if there is one, the man said "according to the best of the knowledge"

Spot on my sister.

Let me add: publications in print and electronic media add some legitimacy to issues. This is the reason women should publish their names in newspapers after marriage. This is the reason allegations are refuted in papers. This is the reason SirJohn is offering to publish an open apology to the Christ Embassy church if they are able to provide one legitimately healed person from their myriads of claim: an offer that is over 2 weeks old now and is yet to be taken.

Let us have one publication that said the Gen' was returned and we will accept your story. Until then, please bury your head in shame bc your church has no testimony.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by LambanoPeace: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:

I hope the quote below will address ur last paragraph, he said according to his knowledge, it wasn't a statement of certainty

Q1. Site a newspaper publication where "the Church" returned the generator?

If there is none, how do u expect the public to know that it was returned? Even if there is one, the man said "according to the best of the knowledge"

Really? Take this example, the media accused Pastor Chris of Adultery, alot of folks believed, he came out and said he did not, alot of folks said he's lying, newspaper publication like the one Candour provided said otherwise, yet alot of folks say the writer is cEC member, they could also have suggested the news media too was CEC's.

And you believed the line "to the best of my knowledge" over mba's own because a news media did not carry the news? Really? You definitely would stake your life for Sahara reporters o. But even if punch or sun carried news the generator was returned, alot of y'all would still not believe. grin grin

If CEC published the generator was returned alot of folks here would say 'damage control', 'liars', etc, so, why bother? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2014
LambanoPeace:

Really? Take this example, the media accused Pastor Chris of Adultery, alot of folks believed, he came out and said he did not, alot of folks said he's lying, newspaper publication like the one Candour provided said otherwise, yet alot of folks say the writer is cEC member, they could also have suggested the news media too was CEC's.

And you believed the line "to the best of my knowledge" over mba's own because a news media did not carry the news? Really? You definitely would stake your life for Sahara reporters o. But even if punch or sun carried news the generator was returned, alot of y'all would still not believe. grin grin

If CEC published the generator was returned alot of folks here would say 'damage control', 'liars', etc, so, why bother? undecided

Spot on!

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2014
WinsomeX:

Spot on my sister.

Let me add: publications in print and electronic media add some legitimacy to issues. This is the reason women should publish their names in newspapers after marriage. This is the reason allegations are refuted in papers. This is the reason SirJohn is offering to publish an open apology to the Christ Embassy church if they are able to provide one legitimately healed person from their myriads of claim: an offer that is over 2 weeks old now and is yet to be taken.

Let us have one publication that said the Gen' was returned and we will accept your story. Until then, please bury your head in shame bc your church has no testimony.

Hahahahahah, when pastor chris said he didn't commit adultery, and the media took it, what was your first response? grin

You want CEC to call a press conference to tell you a generator is returned? Really? Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha

Your bitterness is well refined now o, it's so dark now that if onenhas a knife, he'd cut a cut out of it grin

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by LambanoPeace: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Hahahahahah, when pastor chris said he didn't commit adultery, and the media took it, what was your first response? grin

You want CEC to call a press conference to tell you a generator is returned? Really? Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha

Your bitterness is well refined now o, it's so dark now that if onenhas a knife, he'd cut a cut out of it grin

*Falls off keke laughing

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Gombs

You don't get it. Do you?

mbaemka said the generator was returned. I am saying provide one media report that said so. I am not saying Pastor Chris didn't try to defend himself against allegations of adultery. The same media reported his lame defence and all the world heard it. In fact that's the point. If you say something happened, where is the media report?

Anyone can say anything. Where is your proof? trustman, on the WOF thread, said that in December 2010 Christ Embassy charged people N1,000 to attend the New Year service. He backed his statement up with a Newspaper report. I have experiences I can relay here but I am learning to only tell such experiences that can be verified, eg through the media.

So the generator was returned. Good. Well done. Who reported it?

Listen: if there is a scandal that has tarnished the image of your church, it's not even Chris' "inappropriate relation" with women, in the words of his own wife to the courts, it is that incidence of an employee stealing the money of his employers and giving it to your church. There is virtually no report on Christ Embassy in the media that doesn't re-tell that story. Its a stain on you that cannot be washed away. Even the claim of returning the generator will not reduce the odium. What the media reported however was not that the generator was returned, it was the fact that Christ Embassy refused to refund the stolen funds to the man's employers. And I can provide online media reports to back this up if you wish to have it.

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 11:29am On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Has the negative responses and doubts of the general public stopped you guys from publicising your 'miracles'? Of course not.

Has the refusal of the public to believe your pastor over his wife stopped his supporters from writing supportive articles or you from wanting a wider audience on front page for the article expressing support for him in the thread below?

https://www.nairaland.com/1895201/coat-many-colours-reasons-why-news

Even though the medium is a part of your media arm? Of course not.

Has the opposition you've encountered on NL in your attempts at damage control stopped you and other from continuing to mount desperate defence of your leader? Of course not because you'll still open another thread soon.

So why will not a single newspaper, not even the ones sympathetic to you or owned by cec group forget or refuse to tell the world the generator was returned if indeed it was? (Mind you, the story is even of 2generators donated by agada)

You guys publicise everything 'good' and 'honourable' about yourselves so its very unbelievable that you would do a good gesture of returning stolen items given to you and not let the world know.

In fact, see a summary of the seeds down by agada in cec.

...An instance many would not easily forget in a hurry is the case of Lawrence Agada, a senior cashier with Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Ikeja, Lagos, and an assistant pastor of the Ifako branch of the church, who donated stolen cash and gifts totalling N39 million to the church in the name of sowing a seed. The fraud was discovered in March 2002. According to police investigations, Agada’s donations were in instalments. He bought 250KVA and 27KVA generators valued at N4.4 million and N1.5 million, respectively and donated them to the church headquarters and the Ifako satellite parish of the church. Before then, he had given out six million Naira for the renovation of the local satellite church and one million Naira for the purchase of plastic chairs for the church headquarters. He also contributed N1.5 million for the 2002 edition of the church mega crusade Night of Bliss, and one million Naira for another crusade tagged Prosperity Convention.

He ‘blessed’ Carol Sholesi, then pastor of Ifako branch of the church with N400, 000 to enable her attend the 24th congress of the International Federation of Business and Professional Women held in Melbourne, Australia.

Agada also bought musical instruments and chairs for the Agege, Ogba and Oke-Ira churches. He also confessed to using part of the stolen funds to pay church rents. The Benue-born former Sheraton’s staff profligacy was allegedly prompted by a letter Pastor Chris sent to him on January 12, 2002 prophesying that God would do mighty things in his life. “He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world cannot but take notice of you in Jesus name, Amen.”....

How much did the church return of these monies? How about that of the bank official?

In 2003, Gbenga Kehinde, another member of the church who was an assistant manager with Eko International Bank, further dragged the name of the church in the mud when he defrauded the bank of N40 million out of which he donated N10 million to Christ Embassy.

Did the church also return this clearly stolen money donated to it and refused to publicise it despite the bad publicity it generated?

The source of these info is http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/6751/21/chris-oyakhilome-pastor-of-christ-embassys-busines.html

And I take it as being more credible than your cec owned http://nationaldailyng.com/editorial/guest-columnist/906-the-coat-of-many-colours which is trying to defend your pastor.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Ok ma, that link Candour posted from my earlier post, have you considered the content of the article too? I can guess your answer is to the negetive.

I haven't read it, I'll read it

Ma'am, i dd not say you said i worship my pastor, from the above write up, i simply asked you whether you too were of the same opiinion, a Yes or No would have been just fine

I won't respond to this, you will go on the defensive

Your response will be similar to what the Catholics normally say when they are accused of worshipping Mary. They normally say "we don't worship her, we honor her"

same thing ma'am, going over your post and some others here, one would think it's a session with journalist who are looking for a bad name to call a dog so that they can hang it. undecided

I didn't open this thread cos I want to call names, check my posts on the WOF thread

I'm not a mouth piece as I have NEVER gave anyone info about ministry activities, addressing allegations and such, if did, it was already made public by the church itself. Now, are you disturbed I'm doing a fine job refuting claims against CE online? but come on, who gave folks the right to be the persecuting counsel of CE online? If you did the same thing, I'm sorry, what i do here is far far different from what you did, i have a vision, purpose and a goal, and yeah, I review them and see the progress made. for example, the ROR page has had ROR daily, i knew the number of views it had daily before i took it up, and i know the number of views it gets now... you have no idea the testimonies and thank yous i get. smiley

Yes, you act as a mouth piece you don't see it cos you are involved in it but an outsider sees it

It's akin to someone whose mouth has an odor, it usually takes another to tell him. That's what I'm telling u

You see, most folks around where i stay don't know i'm from CEC, they get to know, not by how i speak or look, but on how i refuse negative talks and dressing

Don't get me started on the bolded

Paul said, "Be ye imitators of me", etc... I've listened to more than 300 Pastor Chris' messages, add that to T. D. Jake and Kenneth Hagin. cheesy

Paul also said follow me as I follow Christ, the operative word being "as I follow Christ" & not just to follow

So if I see any unchrist like attribute, should I still follow

As for messages, In the era of audio tapes, I had more than 200 cassettes, not counting the ones I borrowed or the VCD's & DVD or MP3's I have

By the way, threads that hit on churches and pastors don't make folks agnostic and atheists, right? ok o

They do but the blame will fall on the defaulters & not on the exposers

If they didn't default, it would not have been an issue

If they defaulted,repented & not sought a cover up, it would not have been an issue

so what causes men to give up is not just the fact that something went wrong but the magnitude of what went wrong, how long it has been going on & the manner in which it was handled

check churches in the US, when a minister admits his faults & repents & remorseful. It doesn't really generates much dust but when he doesn't, it usually generates much dust & it is this type of action that turns men away from

In my friends story, if the pastor had profusely apologized to the church for the embarrassment he brought to the church & for not paying my friend & his crew, even an unbeliever will be moved by such humility & repentance

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:

Q1. Cite a newspaper publication where "the Church" returned the generator?

How much was the offering? So if he says he gave 50 million the church would then raise 50 Million even if they didn't have such amount at the time?

So will Sheraton also go to the places the man shopped in, the people he gave monies to, the malls he visited etc. to ask them for the money he gave to them?

I don't have any newspaper article to show to you but as a member of that ministry I did my investigations and found out that the generator was returned immediately. What is even interesting is how Pastor Chris was accorded all the blame by those who write things 'to the best of their knowledge' regardless of how inconsequential such knowledge is.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:

I haven't read it, I'll read it

I won't respond to this, you will go on the defensive

Your response will be similar to what the Catholics normally say when they are accused of worshipping Mary. They normally say "we don't worship her, we honor her"

I didn't open this thread cos I want to call names, check my posts on the WOF thread

Yes, you act as a mouth piece you don't see it cos you are involved in it but an outsider sees it

It's akin to someone whose mouth has an odor, it usually takes another to tell him. That's what I'm telling u

Don't get me started on the bolded

Paul also said follow me as I follow Christ, the operative word being "as I follow Christ" & not just to follow

So if I see any unchrist like attribute, should I still follow

As for messages, In the era of audio tapes, I had more than 200 cassettes, not counting the ones I borrowed or the VCD's & DVD or MP3's I have

They do but the blame will fall on the defaulters & not on the exposers

If they didn't default falter, it would not have been an issue

If they defaulted faulted,repented & not sought a cover up, it would not have been an issue

so what causes men to give up is not just the fact that something went wrong but the magnitude of what went wrong, how long it has been going on & the manner in which it was handled

check churches in the US, when a minister admits his faults & repents & remorseful. It doesn't really generates much dust but when he doesn't, it usually generates much dust & it is this type of action that turns men away from

In my friends story, if the pastor had profusely apologized to the church for the embarrassment he brought to the church & for not paying my friend & his crew, even an unbeliever will be moved by such humility & repentance

Why?

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 11:57am On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka:

How much was the offering? So if he says he gave 50 million the church would then raise 50 Million even if they didn't have such amount at the time?

So will Sheraton also go to the places the man shopped in, the people he gave monies to, the malls he visited etc. to ask them for the money he gave to them?

I don't have any newspaper article to show to you but as a member of that ministry I did my investigations and found out that the generator was returned immediately. What is even interesting is how Pastor Chris was accorded all the blame by those who write things '[size=20pt]to the best of their knowledge' [/size] regardless of how inconsequential such knowledge is.

To the best of my knowledge is now far better than according to proven facts.
Simple...call a dog a bad name just so you can hang it. Buddy how far na, RON na tomorrow o, hope you ready? grin

Imagining a news report "CEC returns generator to Sheraton"... meanwhile, when CEC gave cars and gadgets, etc to communities, media reporting (if they ever decided to print it or air it) suddenly becomes irrelevant to some folks here, but they want a newpaper report of the generator returned? Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha.

Funny enough, I didn't see any media report of the said sheraton hotel man and CEC. I need one please

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Simple...call a dog a bad name just so you can hang it. Buddy how far na, RON na tomorrow o, hope you ready? grin

Ready as the word! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

^^^^ that's all you have to say to me, mere grammatical corrections, WOW

I have read the link posted by candour, I find nothing wrong with it in the sense that it lists the hallmark & achievements of the ministry

but what is puzzling is that it doesn't address the issue at hand

they caught someone stealing food, red handed rather than apologize or prosecute him, you embark on a long sermon of how the person has been donating food items to people!!

Is the donation the issue or that the person was caught stealing

the hallmarks attributed to the ministry & to pastor can also be attributed to Rev Anita, infact if the brethren in UK should roll out her dossier you will find out that it is equally rich

So this begs the question, if truly she has a rich dossier, did she make those allegations & why would she?

That ought to be the question

you have followed this woman all ur ministry life, you will agree with me u don't know a tip of what she knows, so with all of that, why do u think she will make such allegations

or are u saying those allegations were cooked up by the media?

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka:
I don't have any newspaper article to show to you but as a member of that ministry I did my investigations and found out that the generator was returned immediately.

E.O.D.

I have no other question for the witness my lord.

*Sir, you may step down from the witness box while we await the position of the court of public opinion*

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=nannymcphee]

^^^^ that's all you have to say to me, mere grammatical corrections, WOW

Meant no offence ma'am, the only thing I wanted to ask was in the colored, the grammatical corrections were in no way malicious

I have read the link posted by candour, I find nothing wrong with it in the sense that it lists the hallmark & achievements of the ministry

Really ma'am? Only? shocked

but what is puzzling is that it doesn't address the issue at hand

It wasn't written to address anything about anything at hand, it was written to explain the term coat of many colors in relation to CEC, it was NOT a stament to addresss matters at hand....did you read the topic at all or the post?

they caught someone stealing food, red handed rather than apologize or prosecute him, you embark on a long sermon of how the person has been donating food items to people!!

Put it plainly ma'am... wwho was caught red handed? Pastor Chris or CEC or who or what!

Is the donation the issue or that the person was caught stealing

Vague

the hallmarks attributed to the ministry & to pastor can also be attributed to Rev Anita, infact if the brethren in UK should roll out her dossier you will find out that it is equally rich

Vagueer.
I told you derailing was inevitable, I see a name now... which do you want to discuss now? grin

So this begs the question, if truly she has a rich dossier, did she make those allegations & why would she?

Vagueest

That ought to be the question

Mail sahara reporters.

you have followed this woman all ur ministry life, you will agree with me u don't know a tip of what she knows, so with all of that, why do u think she will make such allegations

I see you are more interested in this... I do not want to partake in that, wait for more info from the media, I am not CEC Sec Gen, nor Public Relations.

or are u saying those allegations were cooked up by the media?

I'm saying the media distorted facts for itchy ears smiley

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Imagining a news report "CEC returns generator to Sheraton"... meanwhile, when CEC gave cars and gadgets, etc to communities, media reporting (if they ever decided to print it or air it) suddenly becomes irrelevant to some folks here, but they want a newpaper report of the generator returned? Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha.

Funny enough, I didn't see any media report of the said sheraton hotel man and CEC. I need one please

Gombs, all your 'works of charity' are in the open. You and CEC never shy away from giving publicity to things like that. Even your acts of sharing your ROR is seen as works of charity and you give it enough publicity. You've already opened a thread to showcase it on NL even as we speak.

There's a simple reason why there's no news report of the generator return: it never happened.

The incident happened 12 years ago when Nigerian newspapers were still basically hard copies but here's a link that has snippets of the report

http://www.redgage.com/blogs/andrewsegawa/when-the-prosperity-gospel-back-fired.html

I even wonder if Lawrence agada still worships with CEC? Gbenga the bank manager who stole 40m and gave 10m to CEC in 2003 too is another story.

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Candour:

Gombs, all your 'works of charity' are in the open. You and CEC never shy away from giving publicity to things like that. Even your acts of sharing your ROR is seen as works of charity and you give it enough publicity. You've already opened a thread to showcase it on NL even as we speak.

There's a simple reason why there's no news report of the generator return: it never happened.

The incident happened 12 years ago when Nigerian newspapers were still basically hard copies but here's a link that has snippets of the report

http://www.redgage.com/blogs/andrewsegawa/when-the-prosperity-gospel-back-fired.html

I even wonder if Lawrence agada still worships with CEC? Gbenga the bank manager who stole 40m and gave 10m to CEC in 2003 too is another story.

Hahahahahah, Andrew Segawa a Blogger is the Blogger you put as reputable source? A failed Blogger from Uganda, only second to Drummaboy? grin

Haba babana, the dude ran broke and could not finance his job website, the domain is up for sale sef, he still does that on twitter and Facebook though. This is the best you could find? Spare me the baloney of media houses not using the Internet now.

http://www.ipsnews.net/1996/01/nigeria-media-abiolas-newspaper-back-on-the-streets/

Folks were reporting news as far as 1996, besides, archives of past news are accessible on the sites of papers that reported them. Nice try though, how tomorrow go be na? Hanging out with family or indoors!? Please find me another source, I really did not see a media report.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by WinsomeX: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
www.nairaland.com/1895201/coat-many-colours-reasons-why-news

The article found in the link above, speaking about a coat of many colors, is a nice read. One cannot but give the author some credit in his phrasal construction, argument for the person of Pastor Chris, etc. For a moment, while he reeled out the achievements of the believers loveworld, one was almost lost in the euphoria of praise singing. The good thing about the article is that it is the best defense of the person of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and the recent scandal befallen his church. The bad thing about the article is that it left important questions unanswered.

First, to the title of the article "Coats of many Colors...". I personally see it as a tragedy that the current media hype of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome divorce proceedings is seen by his church members as an expression of jealousy by his competitors. Its not only a tragedy, it's sorry and sickening. It's also a lame excuse used to cover salient matters. If we consider the fact that Christ Embassy is a ministry that revels in publicity stunts and does everything to be seen in "rhapsodies", why is anyone surprised that a negative matter on them will make the news? It's simple, if you do everything for fame and popularity, you should be ready to bear with the side effects. I cannot say for sure why people write on CE, outside what I have said now but I am personally concerned with the myriads of young minds being deceived in that church. Again I say, if something is not done quickly, we shall have a tragedy in our hands in the very neat future.

The article left out so many question answered?

1. Why would a faithful wife allege adultery on her celebrity pastor-husband?

2. Who are these ladies in the white house?

3. Why was that lady pastor (can't remember her name now) suspended from church on the very day of Chris defence?

4. Why was Pastor Anita's pix removed from the church's website?

5. In spite of the volumes of books on healing published by the church, when will the church offer the world one verifiable evidence of a healed person?

6. Who is Pastor Chris? A devil or a saints.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Hahahahahah, Andrew Segawa a Blogger is the Blogger you put as reputable source? A failed Blogger from Uganda, only second to Drummaboy? grin

Haba babana, the dude ran broke and could not finance his job website, the domain is up for sale sef, he still does that on twitter and Facebook though. This is the best you could find? Spare me the baloney of media houses not using the Internet now.

http://www.ipsnews.net/1996/01/nigeria-media-abiolas-newspaper-back-on-the-streets/

Folks were reporting news as far as 1996, besides, archives of past news are accessible on the sites of papers that reported them. Nice try though, how tomorrow go be na? Hanging out with family or indoors!? Please find me another source, I really did not see a media report.

Really?? What about this?

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/6751/21/chris-oyakhilome-pastor-of-christ-embassys-busines.html

Is it that you just feel a compulsion to deny everything your pastor is involved in? Was mbaemeka also talking baloney when he said the below?

mbaemeka: Lawrence Agada didn't give the 39 Million they said he took to church o. He bought a generator for the Satellite church he worshiped in and gave normal offerings like any other member would. When he was found out by Sheraton and it was certain they would not be able to recoup all the money (as he used some for his personal needs) they asked him to say he sowed all the money to church so the church would be forced to pay it. At one point sef, they almost claimed the money went to Pastor Chris himself.
The church immediately returned the Generator to Sheraton and life moved on but Oremosu who didn't do any research thought it wise to include it in his/her write-up.

Thank God he's honest enough not to deny a theft by an official of CEC occurred and part of the proceeds was put into your church.

If that first quote was an error, see him talk about it again

mbaemeka: How much was the offering? So if he says he gave 50 million the church would then raise 50 Million even if they didn't have such amount at the time?

I don't have any newspaper article to show to you but as a member of that ministry I did my investigations and found out that the generator was returned immediately. What is even interesting is how Pastor Chris was accorded all the blame by those who write things 'to the best of their knowledge' regardless of how inconsequential such knowledge is.

If you claim the blogger lied and manufactured the report, then you must admit mbaemeka was hallucinating when he admitted Lawrence agada, a thief donated some of his loot to CEC essentially corroborating what the guy you called a failed blogger wrote. Now that's something I'm sure you wouldn't want to say?

So my friend, its either you're lying you never heard or saw a report about this or you could be forgiven for being too young to know what was happening in the media 12 years ago
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
WinsomeX: www.nairaland.com/1895201/coat-many-colours-reasons-why-news

The article found in the link above, speaking about a coat of many colors, is a nice read. One cannot but give the author some credit in his phrasal construction, argument for the person of Pastor Chris, etc. For a moment, while he reeled out the achievements of the believers loveworld, one was almost lost in the euphoria of praise singing. The good thing about the article is that it is the best defense of the person of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and the recent scandal befallen his church. The bad thing about the article is that it left important questions unanswered.

First, to the title of the article "Coats of many Colors...". I personally see it as a tragedy that the current media hype of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome divorce proceedings is seen by his church members as an expression of jealousy by his competitors. Its not only a tragedy, it's sorry and sickening. It's also a lame excuse used to cover salient matters. If we consider the fact that Christ Embassy is a ministry that revels in publicity stunts and does everything to be seen in "rhapsodies", why is anyone surprised that a negative matter on them will make the news? It's simple, if you do everything for fame and popularity, you should be ready to bear with the side effects. I cannot say for sure why people write on CE, outside what I have said now but I am personally concerned with the myriads of young minds being deceived in that church. Again I say, if something is not done quickly, we shall have a tragedy in our hands in the very neat future.

The article left out so many question answered?

1. Why would a faithful wife allege adultery on her celebrity pastor-husband?

2. Who are these ladies in the white house?

3. Why was that lady pastor (can't remember her name now) suspended from church on the very day of Chris defence?

4. Why was Pastor Anita's pix removed from the church's website?

5. In spite of the volumes of books on healing published by the church, when will the church offer the world one verifiable evidence of a healed person?

6. Who is Pastor Chris? A devil or a saints.

Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha
You've created 3 threads on Pastor Chris alone with this your new moniker, create the 4th. Eyaaa! grin
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
Candour:

Really?? What about this?

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/6751/21/chris-oyakhilome-pastor-of-christ-embassys-busines.html

Is it that you just feel a compulsion to deny everything your pastor is involved in? Was mbaemeka also talking baloney when he said the below?

Thank God he's honest enough not to deny a theft by an official of CEC occurred and part of the proceeds was put into your church.

If that first quote was an error, see him talk about it again

If you claim the blogger lied and manufactured the report, then you must admit mbaemeka was hallucinating when he admitted Lawrence agada, a thief donated some of his loot to CEC essentially corroborating what the guy you called a failed blogger wrote. Now that's something I'm sure you wouldn't want to say?

So my friend, its either you're lying you never heard or saw a report about this or you could be forgiven for being too young to know what was happening in the media 12 years ago

Bobo, Hahahahahah, I never said I wanted to deny anything o, Hahahahahah, I wanted you guys to see why a media report for returning the generator is laughable. Simples grin

If a media house did not carry it, me thinks demanding for a media report for generator returning makes you and DB look certifiable.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

Bobo, Hahahahahah, I never said I wanted to deny anything o, Hahahahahah, I wanted you guys to see why a media report for returning the generator is laughable. Simples grin

If a media house did not carry it, me thinks demanding for a media report for generator returning makes you and DB look certifiable.

I know the job of defending your master is making you lose your marbles hence you can go to the extent of denying the very obvious. Why not go ahead and deny Lawrence agada was a cec member when he stole from his employers and spent part of the loot on your church? After all you're yet to see a report on it?

Also, certifiable has two definitions. It can mean real or genuine. I'll claim this one as I've been keeping it real despite your desperate attempts at cover up.

It can also mean crazy or insane which describes what you've become since the news broke that you have been following a lie for so long.

There's no report of a generator return because it never happened. If it did, you would have opened a thread for it after all what did it cost you to open all the threads you've opened so far on your job of defending your man?

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
Candour:

I know the job of defending your master is making you lose your marbles hence you can go to the extent of denying the very obvious. Why not go ahead and deny Lawrence agada was a cec member when he stole from his employers and spent part of the loot on your church? After all you're yet to see a report on it?

Also, certifiable has two definitions. It can mean real or genuine. I'll claim this one as I've been keeping it real despite your desperate attempts at cover up.

It can also mean crazy or insane which describes what you've become since the news broke that you have been following a lie for so long.

There's no report of a generator return because it never happened. If it did, you would have opened a thread for it after all what did it cost you to open all the threads you've opened so far on your job of defending your man?

grin cheesy grin

Candour o! Thanks buddy! For the laugh
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
I am not splitting hairs but that Lawrence Agada stole doesn't make him a thief but if someone is a thief even if he hasn't stolen anything yet he would eventually steal because it is his nature.

As per Lawrence Agada still being a member I don't know and I lost touch with checking on him. What I am certain of is that he confessed to his Church (when making his apology) that when Sheraton saw they could not recover a substantial aspect of the said amount they forced him to make claims that he gave all the money he took to the church as seed so that the church would be asked to remit it. And the man obliged them at some point because he was defending dear life. He later retracted the claims of 'sowing the whole money' aspect.

But, give me a break guys, a man would risk stealing a whopping 40M (in the early 2000s o) to give the whole money to his church and this is the story that the media ran with back then that had itchy Nigerians calling for people's heads. Even when the said Lawrence Agada's "Pastor" teaches that if one was to find any money mysteriously kept anywhere they should not assume that it is some miracle-money or a gift from heaven but should take such money to the nearest police station.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Candour(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gombs:

grin cheesy grin

Candour o! Thanks buddy! For the laugh

You're welcome friend. Anything legal for you wink

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by christemmbassey(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka: I am not splitting hairs but that Lawrence Agada stole doesn't make him a thief but if someone is a thief even if he hasn't stolen anything yet he would eventually steal because it is his nature.

As per Lawrence Agada still being a member I don't know and I lost touch with checking on him. What I am certain of is that he confessed to his Church (when making his apology) that when Sheraton saw they could not recover a substantial aspect of the said amount they forced him to make claims that he gave all the money he took to the church as seed so that the church would be asked to remit it. And the man obliged them at some point because he was defending dear life. He later retracted the claims of 'sowing the whole money' aspect.

But, give me a break guys, a man would risk stealing a whopping 40M (in the early 2000s o) to give the whole money to his church and this is the story that the media ran with back then that had itchy Nigerians calling for people's heads. Even when the said Lawrence Agada's "Pastor" teaches that if one was to find any money mysteriously kept anywhere they should not assume that it is some miracle-money or a gift from heaven but should take such money to the nearest police station.
shameless hypocrites, enemies of d gospel of Christ. @Gombs, tnx for not disappointing, i knew you are very dishonest, but i didn't know you had a Nobel price for it, if u continue like this, bros you go soon floor satan o. I hope you know, there is God.

3 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
christemmbassey: shameless hypocrites, enemies of d gospel of Christ. @Gombs, tnx for not disappointing, i knew you are very dishonest, but i didn't know you had a Nobel price for it, if u continue like this, bros you go soon floor satan o. I hope you know, there is God.

What is all this?
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka:

What is all this?

A good example for nattering sod of negativism

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Love God? / Near Death Experiences: People Share Their Experiences In Heaven/hell / A World Without Religion...better Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.