Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" (5203 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
christemmbassey: shameless hypocrites, enemies of d gospel of Christ. @Gombs, tnx for not disappointing, i knew you are very dishonest, but i didn't know you had a Nobel price for it, if u continue like this, bros you go soon floor satan o. I hope you know, there is God.

1 Timothy 17 to 22
Teaching About Leaders

Leaders who do their work well should be given twice as
much pay, and for sure, those who work hard preaching and
teaching. The Holy Writings say, “When a cow is walking
on the grain to break it open, do not stop it from eating
some” , and “A person who works should be paid.”
Do not listen to what someone says against a church
leader unless two or three persons say the same thing.
Show those who keep on sinning where they are wrong in
front of the whole church. Then others will be afraid of
sinning. I tell you from my heart that you must follow
these rules without deciding before the truth is known. God
and Jesus Christ and the chosen angels know what I am
saying. Show favors to no one. Do not be in a hurry about
choosing a church leader. You do not want to have any part
in other men’s sins. Keep yourself pure.

READ. YOU WILL SEE THAT THOSE OF U SAYING DON'T
CRITISIZE A PASTORS OR GENERAL OVERSEA ARE IGNORANT OF THE GOSPEL

You can see that d bible said church leader who doing wrong should be openly reprimanded.

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
nannymcphee:

I'm amazed that this is all you could could get from the writeup

On the issue of fans, aren't u ashamed to use such word with respect to the church

Is this the premier league, so one can call u a fanatic then!!

Here is what your bible has to say to you.

1corinthians3:3-7

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

@nanny
There's no thrust whatsoever for me to ponder on from the article, i'm not a proponent of touch not my anointed. Sorry about that, i thought i made that clear earlier? So your defense for the holes in the article is that the writer is human? Really?
i've shared my views on areas i felt the article made no sense and i've also seen your excuse. Don't take it personal, i'm on your side. Come to think of it, even if I wasn't on your side? Don't take it personal. On the issue of fans, do you think Paul had fans in Corinth? You sound unusually shamefaced for a CEC BTW.

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 4:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Image123:

@nanny
There's no thrust whatsoever for me to ponder on from the article, i'm not a proponent of touch not my anointed. Sorry about that, i thought i made that clear earlier? So your defense for the holes in the article is that the writer is human? Really?
i've shared my views on areas i felt the article made no sense and i've also seen your excuse. Don't take it personal, i'm on your side. Come to think of it, even if I wasn't on your side? Don't take it personal. On the issue of fans, do you think Paul had fans in Corinth? You sound unusually shamefaced for a CEC BTW.

Pls accept my sincerest apology, I'm sorry I misconstrued your write up.

on the picking of holes part, I wasn't expressly referring to u though, it was more of a generic statement

for the shamefaced part, what can I say?

have you listened to pastor Chris's old messages, I mean messages dating back to the 80's & early 90's.

certain members of CE havent heard how pastor cleared grass when they where planning for a crusade or how they went preaching in the villages or how they were even pursued on one occasion or the persecution he face with school authorities

the messages then caused you to be sober, caused you to ponder about a lot of things, there is one message titled "try tears" oh oh

so most of those who were around in during this era, built on these old messages .

then came a generation who didn't have access to these messages, this is the resultant effect

So they are running with the present message without knowing where we are coming from

right from when I joined I had always noticed certain things that didn't sit right with me, but I told myself I was there to seek God & not lookup to man

The truth is this most of the folks you know who make "noise" with pastor said statements, haven't really sat down to study what the pastor said & why he said it! So you just find them running with it

sometimes certain circumstance will make them question their convictions while some don't get to experience these circumstances, so they continue in that state

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by mbaemeka(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
^^^

I was cautious about saying some things directly to you because I didn't want 'some fellows' to misconstrue it. I clearly told you that I am not a proponent of "touch not" but I am still aware about order in God's house.

Years ago I had a leader of mine ask me to write an exam for her because she was 'in the spirit' or something like that. Of course, I respectfully declined her request because it didn't sit well with my understanding of God's word. I also know enough to know that she didn't get any of such teachings from her 'Pastor'.

I said that to say this: that not everyone listens or hears at the same level while some others just come in to cause disunity even if they are already leaders. It is important to identify them early enough and keep away from them so as not be drawn in by their sins. Afterall, it is not all that are of Israel that are Israel.

During my foundation class I sat close to 2 girls that didn't seem interested in what the teacher was saying. They took particular objection to the aspect of speaking in tongues. They argued vehemently with the foundation school teacher, contradicting everything he said till they got up and left the place in anger. Shortly after they left, a friend of mine that had just recently given his heart to Christ pulled me to the side and told me some things about the 2 girls that caused no little ruckus on that day. Most of what he said are not printable or edifiable. I kept thinking to myself what name the church would have had if those girls remained there. It was either they got truly saved or they would have done more harm to Jesus' name. And every now and then such people will always come in and a few of them will conceal their intentions for a while before being found out. It does nothing to the teaching of their 'Pastor'. It is a regular occurrence in all good churches world wide. If you are in doubt, you can take some time off and spend it investigating. You would find a lot of things out many of which would do your soul no good.

That's why I took the option of only celebrating the good I see in the word and in others while eschewing fractious topics and people. Pulling down is easy but to build up, it takes a whole lot and I would rather be a builder than a plunderer.
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
mbaemeka: ^^^

I was cautious about saying some things directly to you because I didn't want 'some fellows' to misconstrue it.

I clearly told you that I am not a proponent of touch not

but I am still aware about order in God's house.

Years ago I had a leader of mine ask me to write an exam for her because she was 'in the spirit' or something like that. Of course, I respectfully declined her request because it didn't sit well with my understanding of God's word. I also know enough to know that she didn't get any of such teachings from her 'Pastor'.

I said that to say this: that not everyone listens or hears at the same level while some others just come in to cause disunity even if they are already leaders. It is important to identify them early enough and keep away from them so as not be drawn in by their sins. Afterall, it is not all that are of Israel that are Israel.

During my foundation class I sat close to 2 girls that didn't seem interested in what the teacher was saying. They took particular objection to the aspect of speaking in tongues. They argued vehemently with the foundation school teacher, contradicting everything he said till they got up and left the place in anger. Shortly after they left, a friend of mine that had just recently given his heart to Christ pulled me to the side and told me some things about the 2 girls that caused no little ruckus on that day. Most of what he said are not printable or edifiable. I kept thinking to myself what name the church would have had if those girls remained there. It was either they got truly saved or they would have done more harm to Jesus' name. And every now and then such people will always come in and a few of them will conceal their intentions for a while before being found out. It does nothing to the teaching of their 'Pastor'. It is a regular occurrence in all good churches world wide. If you are in doubt, you can take some time off and spend it investigating. You would find a lot of things out many of which would do your soul no good.

That's why I took the option of only celebrating the good I see in the word and in others while eschewing fractious topics and people. Pulling down is easy but to build up, it takes a whole lot and I would rather be a builder than a plunderer.

I'm sorry, pls when did you tell me you are not a "proponent"?

Are you image123?

Becos he is the only one that stated that?
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
nannymcphee:

I'm sorry, pls when did you tell me you are not a "proponent"?

Are you image123?

Becos he is the only one that stated that?

https://www.nairaland.com/1917847/proponents-touch-not-anointed#26584954

cool

I also objected to the term 'proponents'
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gombs:

https://www.nairaland.com/1917847/proponents-touch-not-anointed#26584954

cool

I also objected to the term 'proponents'

I don't want to start trading words with you!

image123 made it clear he wasn't a proponent meaning he doesn't use the term "touch not"

Proponents are those that support or propagate the use of something

so when did mbaemeka state that he doesn't use the phrase "touch not"

you only had a problem with the word "proponent" but it doesn't change the fact that you support the use of "touch not "

So again when did mbaemeka CLEARLY state that he doesn't use "touch not"

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
nannymcphee:

I don't want to start trading words with you!

image123 made it clear he wasn't a proponent meaning he doesn't use the term "touch not"

Proponents are those that support or propagate the use of something

so when did mbaemeka state that he doesn't use the phrase "touch not"

you only had a problem with the word "proponent" but it doesn't change the fact that you support the use of "touch not "

So again when did mbaemeka CLEARLY state that he doesn't use "touch not"

Are you now blinded with bianess?

Going by what Image123 had already said when David had the opportunity to kill Saul he refused to and when one of his soldiers offered to do it David called Saul "the Lord's annointed". Remember that David too was the Lord's anointed (and even more anointed than Saul if I may add) but when he learned about Saul's death he exclaimed "How are the mighty fallen?" before he instructed his men not to tell the story amongst the Heathens (Garth in the context).

He didn't call Saul a demon-possessed Charlatan or fraud that God had punished. Instead with tears he queried why such a mighty man had fallen so ignominiously.I am not a proponent of anything except I declare unequivocally that I am. Just thought to add that.

Ma'am, face it... this thread is now irrelevant. smiley
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by nannymcphee(f): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gombs:

Are you now blinded with bianess?

Ma'am, face it... this thread is now irrelevant. smiley

Who determines its relevance, YOU

i simply asked him to show me where he stated it, you have shown me, so what's the big deal

whether or not u agree with the word "proponent" your post all over NL will show that u are among Christians that use the "touch not"

I know your type & I also know that someday the scales will fall off your eyes, I just hope it doesn't fall off too late

Since the thread has become irrelevant to you, kindly un follow

2 Likes

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2014
nannymcphee:
Who determines its relevance, YOU

Well, look around you...you're the only one remaining. grin

i simply asked him to show me where he stated it, you have shown me, so what's the big deal

I Showed you, you still wanted me to show you again...I did, now you're pained grin, Haba na, we are friends o

whether or not u agree with the word "proponent" your post all over NL will show that u are among Christians that use the "touch not"

Ok, I am, so what then? You gonna nail me? Teach me? What are you going to do about it? Ah...open threads and write on?..oya na cheesy

I know your type & I also know that someday the scales will fall off your eyes, I just hope it doesn't fall off too late

You don’t know my type... you don’t even have the faintest of idea...scales? Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha, fall off shey? Ok na, let's wait for one day. Too late? Muhehehhehehehe...ok, thanks for the wishes. wink

Since the thread has become irrelevant to you, kindly un follow

Done that already.. Please, make sure you don't quote me or mention me. Thanks, have a great life, and do keep praying the scales falls off my eyes. grin
Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by vooks: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Touch-Not-My-Anointed,
God does not deal with Christian leaders any differently from Christians
It is common sense that zero accountability breeds the most despicable sins. All that non sense of 'breaking rank','reviling gods','eating the body unworthily' is why the Pentecostal movement and Christianity is losing steam

It amounts to gagging the very people who are most likely to correct you,your congregation. I'd be least surprised if mbaemeko and other CE hooligans saw Oyaks divorce coming years ago but did nothing in the name of Touch-Not-Ny-Anointed nonsense

1 Like

Re: Proponents Of "Touch Not My Anointed" by christemmbassey(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
atbu1983:

1 Timothy 17 to 22
Teaching About Leaders

Leaders who do their work well should be given twice as
much pay, and for sure, those who work hard preaching and
teaching. The Holy Writings say, “When a cow is walking
on the grain to break it open, do not stop it from eating
some” , and “A person who works should be paid.”
Do not listen to what someone says against a church
leader unless two or three persons say the same thing.
Show those who keep on sinning where they are wrong in
front of the whole church. Then others will be afraid of
sinning. I tell you from my heart that you must follow
these rules without deciding before the truth is known. God
and Jesus Christ and the chosen angels know what I am
saying. Show favors to no one. Do not be in a hurry about
choosing a church leader. You do not want to have any part
in other men’s sins. Keep yourself pure.

READ. YOU WILL SEE THAT THOSE OF U SAYING DON'T
CRITISIZE A PASTORS OR GENERAL OVERSEA ARE IGNORANT OF THE GOSPEL

You can see that d bible said church leader who doing wrong should be openly reprimanded.
i'm very sure u did not undastand my post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deeper Life Set to Commissioned New Headquarter Building, Gbagada Lagos April 24 / Six Important Reasons You Need God's Love. / Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.