Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View (8937 Views)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
bukatyne:

When a couple plan together for their kid/kids, it is easier to give them the needed attention and still build their careers or own lives if intetested

You're absolutely right.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Ewuro4: 1:46am On Feb 16, 2015
Will he fiddle with the baby in an open area like a daycare centre ? A childcare professional??

This is just another level of prejudice and it breaks my heart.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ewuro4:
Will he fiddle with the baby in an open area like a daycare centre ? A childcare professional??

This is just another level of prejudice and it breaks my heart.

Not saying it's impossible but it might be a lil more difficult in the western setting of daycare center, given the security measures and all what not.....even at that lipsrsealed

But in the Naija setting, biko, forget it.....plenty places and times to fidlle... angry
Sexual abuse is real, very real! I've heard stories, I mean from victims that make me shiver sad

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Ewuro4: 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2015
alutacontinua:

Not saying it's impossible but it might be a lil more difficult in the western setting of daycare center, given the security measures and all what not.....even at that lipsrsealed

But in the Naija setting, biko, forget it.....plenty places and times to fidlle... angry
Sexual abuse is real, very real! I've heard stories, I mean from victims that make me shiver sad

Let me get this straight ; He's capable of doing all the gory stuff you described while a woman isn't ?? undecided
So in a nutshell according to you, male caregivers in Naija are craddle robbers??

O my goodness did you read what you just typed?

And there we go again about hearsays; 'I've heard stories blah blah' ( not one single eye witnessed).
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 17, 2015
Ewuro4:

Let me get this straight ; He's capable of doing all the gory stuff you described while a woman isn't ?? undecided
So in a nutshell according to you, male caregivers in Naija are craddle robbers??

O my goodness did you read what you just typed?

And there we go again about hearsays; 'I've heard stories blah blah' ( not one single eye witnessed).

Truth is it'll be ignorant to say a woman isn't.
I have friends who told me they were touched by 'aunties' too, males and females alike.
And no, I didn't say male caregivers in Naija are craddle robbers, I said it happens....don't twist my words.

And the point of being there doesn't make any sense cos I doubt somebody is gonna be abusing a 5 year old in your or my presence. Except one is a victim, it'll mostly remain hearsays from the victims, and even if I were a victim, you definitely don't expect me to tell you that if I don't want to.Meaning our facts are based on hearsays lipsrsealed

It's probably sexist and unfair, but as I said in the other thread, rather safe than sorry! cool

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Ewuro4: 1:07am On Feb 17, 2015
alutacontinua:

It's probably sexist and unfair, but as I said in the other thread, rather safe than sorry! cool

I'm glad it's clear how sexist and unfair your posts sound.

I've moved past that slow phase in my life/experiences.

There're male sitters on Disney cruise, resorts, even hotels available for parents use if they need time alone. I wonder how I'll explain to my girls why they ( male sitters) aren't fit for the job because they have pénîses? Same girls I day in & out preach equal opportunities to? Please

I just can't deal.

Sorry

I'm done
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 17, 2015
Ewuro4:
I'm glad it's clear how sexist and unfair your posts sound.

I've moved past that slow phase in my life/experiences.

There're male sitters on Disney cruise, resorts, even hotels available for parents use if they need time alone. I wonder how I'll explain to my girls why they ( male sitters) aren't fit for the job because they have pénîses? Same girls I day in & out preach equal opportunities to? Please

I just can't deal.

Sorry

I'm done

Lol @ slow phase cheesy
Have a good night.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Ewuro4: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2015
alutacontinua:

Lol @ slow phase cheesy
Have a good night.

grin nite.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by 1miccza: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Personally i can't handle all the noise and problem from those kids..
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by gbolany: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
Why not?

The fact that it is scarce done does not mean it is not possible. I have taught in both primary and secondary school. I have managed a nursery school, where I had to do play-away method, sing nursery rhymes and all sorts to help improve the attention span of these little ones. I think it's a great challenge and male teachers should venture it. You'll appreciate well what females do, really, it's not easy but it's possible.

Males should consider trying it. If you have a job for me to teach Nursery kids and the pay is right, why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Children Love Me Too Much? / Remove Excess Fat From Any Part If The Body / Brielle And Kyrie Jackson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.