Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:18 AM

Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View (9092 Views)

My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! / Toddler Walked-Out Of Nursery To Her Home After Door Was Left Open / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
BananaBender:

*sigh*

I don't even see the point anymore, I'm done.
My POV in this situation isn't that of prejudice against the male care giver,I should think for him to be hired the school must really trust him and done extensive background check on him

But look at it this way.
A 5-6 year old girl who's already becoming quite curious and inquisitive about life and differences between males and females having her privates cleaned by a male teacher in school may subconsciously develop the feeling that it is ok for a man who's not her father or brother to see her privates.
#justsaying.

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by beeevan: 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
If a male caregiver is the only one available to care for my female toddler, i did rather keep my child at home.

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
I think that it is important that there are male nursery school teachers, too.
It is best for children to be surrounded by both, male and female, role models.

Boys may need male roles even more than girls do.

The argument that a male teacher should not touch a girl's private parts can be turned around and we must then ask ourselves if female teachers should touch the boys' private parts.

Why is it ok for women to touch boys but not the other way round?
And are female teachers always the better guardians?

My solution is this:

A nursery school should have both, male and female teachers.
In some particular situations, the female teachers can take care of the girls and the male teachers of the boys.

3 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy:
My POV in this situation isn't that of prejudice against the male care giver,I should think for him to be hired the school must really trust him and done extensive background check on him
But look at it this way.
A 5-6 year old girl who's already becoming quite curious and inquisitive about life and differences between males and females having her privates cleaned by a male teacher in school may subconsciously develop the feeling that it is ok for a man who's not her father or brother to see her privates.
#justsaying.

It is not prejudice that the school must require 'trust' and extensive background check for a male care-giver even when the same isn't required for female care-givers? Then, what is it??

Why are you acting like the only job of a care-giver is cleaning 'bum-bum'?? If the child has a problem with it, why can't the female care-givers be asked to clean her butt?

You guys aren't worried about female care givers cleaning your boy's butt or requiring that only male care-givers can clean the buttocks of the male kids. Why is that?

What if the male care-givers are gay, does that change anything?

3 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
I think you're assuming here.

You've assumed that I think female employees should be taken at their words (face value)
You've assumed that I think females can't abuse small boys.

Maybe you should ask me first what I think about those aspects before assuming
BananaBender:

It is not prejudice that the school must require 'trust' and extensive background check for a male care-giver even when the same isn't required for female care-givers? Then, what is it??

Why are you acting like the only job of a care-giver is cleaning 'bum-bum'?? If the child has a problem with it, why can't the female care-givers be asked to clean her butt?

You guys aren't worried about female care givers cleaning your boy's butt or requiring that only male care-givers can clean the buttocks of the male kids. Why is that?

What if the male care-givers are gay, does that change anything?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
This is similar to a white man saying, "it is my company, it's my money, it is my choice". Why do I have to hire black people? grin grin grin

In fact, why should a white mother hire a black nanny? It's her choice, it's her baby and her money, right??

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Sagamite(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy:

But look at it this way.
#justsaying.

Grow up, woman.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Sagamite(m): 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
vikel2104: I use to think there were no male nursery teachers because I haven't seen one but it appears there are male teachers who handle kids in nursery classes . I love 'em kids but I can't handle them in that capacity.

To the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery class teacher?

And parents, what's your view on having a male nursery class teacher?

Share your opinion.

Hell fcking No.

Definitely not in the UK where many children are terrible.

When I am in charge of kids, I would expect to be liable to smack them.

Secondly, I am not a people person. I need analytical work.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: I think you're assuming here.

You've assumed that I think female employees should be taken at their words (face value)
You've assumed that I think females can't abuse small boys.

Maybe you should ask me first what I think about those aspects before assuming

I am not assuming anything. In fact, I am not accussing you of the above.

At times, my 'you' doesn't mean the person I'm talking to, it's more in general sense.

Plus the issue you brought up isn't a reason not to have male care-givers. If you already know that females can also be child molesters, why exactly is the 'situation' you brought up a problem?

You didn't have to ask me to "look at it this way" because you could have solved the issue yourself. As far as I'm concerned that is not a problem.

cococandy:
My POV in this situation isn't that of prejudice against the male care giver, I should think for him to be hired the school must really trust him and done extensive background check on him
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sagamite:

Hell fcking No.

Definitely not in the UK where many children are terrible.

When I am in charge of kids, I would expect to be liable to smack them.

Secondly, I am not a people person. I need analytical work.

What do you think of male nursery school teachers?
Should there be any?
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok
BananaBender:

I am not assuming anything. In fact, I am not accussing you of the above.

At times, my 'you' doesn't mean the person I'm talking to, it's more in general sense.

Plus the issue you brought up isn't a reason not to have male care-givers. If you already know that females can also be child molesters, why exactly is the 'situation' you brought up a problem?

You didn't have to ask me to "look at it this way" because you could have solved the issue yourself. As far as I'm concerned that is not a problem.

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Sagamite(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What do you think of male nursery school teachers?
Should there be any?

Why shouldn't there be?

Some are inclined to that kind of jobs and have the temperament for it.

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by cococandy(f): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok smiley
Sagamite:

Grow up, woman.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sagamite:

Why shouldn't there be?

Some are inclined to that kind of jobs and have the temperament for it.

Some people don't feel comfortable with this idea.
They don't like the idea of males touching a girl's private parts (to clean it) or worry about child abuse.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
beeevan: If a male caregiver is the only one available to care for my female toddler, i did rather keep my child at home.

except that women are the chief abusers of children & that includes sëxual abuse! so while you are running awaybfrom the male care-giver, you might be putting your innocent female child in the hands of a sex offender.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by vikel2104: 5:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
There are two questions on this topic. Everyone seem to be focusing on the second. I'll ask again, for the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery teacher? Why? Why not?

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by TV01(m): 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
carefreewannabe: I think that it is important that there are male nursery school teachers, too.

The argument that a male teacher should not touch a girl's private parts can be turned around and we must then ask ourselves if female teachers should touch the boys' private parts.

My solution is this:

In some particular situations, the female teachers can take care of the girls and the male teachers of the boys.

Very well said. Nothing to add. The reasons why are clearly articulated and the solution to any potential concerns detailed.

For those who concern is around men touching female babies/toddlers, do you ensure your husbands/partners/baby fathers or male relatives are barred from from this as well?

TV
I love the way it's evident that it's women that will finally slay the beast called feminism grin!
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
TV01:

Very well said. Nothing to add. The reasons why are clearly articulated and the solution to any potential concerns detailed.

For those who concern is around men touching female babies/toddlers, do you ensure your husbands/partners/baby fathers or male relatives are barred from from this as well?

TV
I love the way it's evident that it's women that will finally slay the beast called feminism grin!

nah, they will just choose which side of the coin suits them. feminism has gone too far now, it can't be slayed for the foreseeable future. grin
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by damiso(f): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nursery teachers even prefer not to undertake toilet duties.Most school nurseries (in primary school settings) and preschools won't even take on a child not fully potty trained except for those with statements of educational needs.

One of the worst child s.exx offenders in a nursery setting in the UK was a woman with 5 children of her own. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by TV01(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
vikel2104: There are two questions on this topic. Everyone seem to be focusing on the second. I'll ask again, for the guys, would you take up a job as a nursery teacher? Why? Why not?
I certainly have the temperament, patience and requisite love for children (not the "concerning" type 0! grin), but I wouldn't for a whole host of reasons.

Abuse is horrifying and every care must be taken, but the risks are still relatively small. Just as big a problem is the indoctrinisation via the curricula that is being introduced.

Happy and rewarding parenting all.

TV

**there is one in my sons nursery and I appreciate his presence for all the reasons Carefreewannabe mentioned. Not sure if he "cleans", but I couldn't care less, as I do, and as long as it's done. I check my son over daily and I am sensitive to his moods**
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by TV01(m): 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar: nah, they will just choose which side of the coin suits them. feminism has gone too far now, it can't be slayed for the foreseeable future. grin

It's dying I tell ya. Didn't you see how they had young Emma Watson stylishly redefine it to mean humanism/equal rights (disastrous makeover and attempt to attract a new generation grin). The desperate flailing of a redundant and irrelevant (and quite franly dangerous) movement.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

TV
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
TV01:

It's dying I tell ya. Didn't you see how they had young Emma Watson stylishly redefine it to mean humanism/equal rights (makeover and attempt to attract a new generation grin). The desperate flailing of a redundant and irrelevant (and quite franly dangerous) movement.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

TV

feminists would soon kill her dog. cheesy grin
we have seen all these before in the past. they chased out erin pizzey & killed her pet when they couldn't get to her. erin is under police protection 24/7 & it would remain so till she dies.

feminists are more dangerous than ISIS. grin
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by damiso(f): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
TV01:
I certainly have the temperament, patience and requisite love for children (not the "concerning" type 0! grin), but I wouldn't for a whole host of reasons.
Abuse is horrifying and every care must be taken, but the risks are still relatively small. Just as big a problem is the indoctrinisation via the curricula that is being introduced.
Happy and rewarding parenting all.
TV
**there is one in my sons nursery and I appreciate his presence for all the reasons Carefreewannabe mentioned. Not sure if he "cleans", but I couldn't care less, as I do, and as long as it's done. I check my son over daily and I am sensitive to his moods**

I find that most of the males that work in Early Years (0-5) have QTS( qualified teacher status) and as such even if the need be rarely have to clean up after the children as that's the job of the nursery assistants but even as nursery assistants sef some people(males included) just are at ease working with very young children.

Until I had my own kids I can count the no of diapers I had changed in my life and I had little or no patience with toddlers meanwhile my husband had waayyyy more experience taking care of young children as he used to be the one who looked after his uncle's children. He was the one who bathed our daughter for about 3 months as I was so scared I would drop her.He still has more patience than me with it comes to certain things e.g I don't think I have ever cut any of my kids nails, cleaned out their ears and he is faster than I am at changing diapers.I have never ever used my mouth to suck out mucus from the kids noses (eew yuk embarassed) and he does it wella.

1 Like

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by soonest(f): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
If una never mention feminism,una no go sleep well for night.smh

5 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by vikel2104: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
soonest: If una never mention feminism,una no go sleep well for night.smh
Seriously, the thing don tire me. I mean, don't they ever get tired of the subject? See how they've invaded this thread It must be an obsession.

5 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by jumzzy448: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Those who do feminism sh1t shouldn't have problem with having a male nursery teacher.

As for moi...he'll no.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
TV01:

TV

I have offered a solution to cease parental worries but I have no solution to getting MORE men to do this job. wink smiley

Male presence among kids should be cherished. Kids need it.

We can't treat every man like a pedophile.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by beeevan: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

except that women are the chief abusers of children & that includes sëxual abuse! so while you are running awaybfrom the male care-giver, you might be putting your innocent female child in the hands of a sex offender.

I rather take my chances with a female.

2 Likes

Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
beeevan:
I rather take my chances with a female.

good luck, beeevie
lest i forget, how's your friend? grin cheesy
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
carefreewannabe: I think that it is important that there are male nursery school teachers, too.

My solution is this:

+1
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by beeevan: 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

good luck, beeevie
lest i forget, how's your friend? grin cheesy

Beautiful as ever cheesy.
Re: Having Or Being A Male Nursery Teacher: Your View by coogar: 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
beeevan:
Beautiful as ever cheesy.

i hope you know the one i am talking about. grin - the one with her son. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please Help Me! I'm Extremely Confused & Need Advice / Why I Slapped My Father? / Igbo Baby Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.