Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai (62620 Views)

Oil And Jobs At Prime & Hills Energy Services Limited / Recent Careers And Jobs In Nigeria (graduate And Professionals) / Uac Foods Vacancies And Jobs In Nigeria - Bsc / Hnd Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by zephyr4mac(m): 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
please I need an Engineering job in UAE.
i've obtained a City and Guilds Of London Certificate in Engineering

please reply me on obeleagumacdonald@gmail.com
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by fashrules: 6:33am On Sep 30, 2014
slimup: @ fashrules, I have just listed some Job sites. As far am concern, no site is bad but the truth is getting a job from your home country is pretty difficult except you have a special skill that is scarce, and an employer is looking to fill such openings. Otherwise, you have to be on ground, to search for job personally.

Thank you. I will send you a pm in a few.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by yemmyomis: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2014
nice work dude....pls my question is this ...what are the chances of getting a us or Canadian visa after ones contract elapse with the employer ....and the chances of visiting either us or Canadian during ones leave...thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
@ yemmyomis, for some companies especially free zone your vacation may be after one year, while for others like labour its after your 2 years contract. as far I know, most people go to the Philippines, Singapore, or any other near by country for their first vacation before attempting us or Canada for their 2nd VAC. this is because most people are denied these visas at first attempt.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
@ facosco, yes you can, all what they are interested in is for you to have the gulf experience.

I did not understand you second question

when you come over you will understand better, if your contract expires, you are expected to take one month vacation in your country. If you don't want to renew your contract with them, you will still be given one month or so, to look for another job before the company will cancel your visa and your new employer will give you another visa.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Good morning house...

On a scale of 1-10 how possible is it to secure an IT job in dubai...

2. How do I apply

3… for an IT professional what are the requirements
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2014
@Jimmy, there are jobs all over but my worry is blacks don't stand so much chance here to get the best positions except God is on your side. therefore, if you are lucky enough, you can get as soon as you arrive.

you have to be on ground to apply

check Google for UAE job sites like dubizzle, dubaijobs, naukri etc.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 01, 2014
slimup: @Jimmy, there are jobs all over but my worry is blacks don't stand so much chance here to get the best positions except God is on your side. therefore, if you are lucky enough, you can get as soon as you arrive.

Thanks mr slim. . To be on ground. What nd what do I need
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by cabasaa: 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimup: @Jimmy, there are jobs all over but my worry is blacks don't stand so much chance here to get the best positions except God is on your side. therefore, if you are lucky enough, you can get as soon as you arrive.

Mr Slimup please how much is dubai flight ticket for tro and fro

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Etfash(m): 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hi Slim.
You are doing a good job here; keep it up.

Why don't blacks stand a chance for 'best positions' there?
Are our qualifications inferior to theirs?
Have we often been found deficient in competence?
Or do they just see blacks as people that should serve them by opening gates, cleaning their houses, washing vehicles and so on?

I asked because, somehow, i didn't know those guys are racial too.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ cabasa, flight cost varies from one airline to the other, but you can get from 120k to 300k depending on the season and the class. but try to use Etihad, Ethiopian and Rwandan airline these seem to be the cheapest
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ eyfash, my brother I wish I knew, it would have been better to explain. I can't really say but what we see on ground here just suggest that they are racist as well. They hate us so so much my dear
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ jimmy, you need visa, ticket, and cash to live on for 2 months before you secure a job, it also includes your house rent, trans, cafe browsing etc

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by dytbabe: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ok guys
When u have decided to go dubai, either for a week or 2yrs, contact me for either ur hotel bookings/ticketing.
I don't do dubai working visas oo, I only do 2weeks - 2mnths.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2014
@ dytbabe, pls. open another thread for Dubai visa pls. there are lots of visa scammers here I don't want to be involved in it pls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by dytbabe: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2014
slimup: @ dytbabe, pls. open another thread for Dubai visa pls. there are lots of visa scammers here I don't want to be involved in it pls.

Oh it was u who sent a mail
Hehehehehe
U are not attached with me neither am I with u
I saw free thread and decides to drop my line
No biggie
Sorry bt I am usin this space
cheesy grin grin
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
^^^ Don spoil parole for slimup grin grin grin grin
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by etech: 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
@slimup help!!! i just got a mail from dubaijobs.net how real are they because apprently am bin asked to pay 85 dollars undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by oremisussan: 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi Slim,

I have hands-on experience in the design and manufacture of armoured vehicles (combatant and non-combatant). I hear several armouring companies are springing up in the Emirate, please confirm (if you can).

And how best is it to get my resume acrosss to a few?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ oremisisan, you will have to hook up with some of the job sites listed above and much more from Google if you want to start applying from home.

you can also send direct mails through the companies career portals if you find any one on Google search.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ etech, I will not advise you to pay there are other sites you can also try am sure Google will help you out.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
@ dtybabe, why don't you go to travel section and place your add. I am sure you will have more clients

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by dytbabe: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
slimup: @ dtybabe, why don't you go to travel section and place your add. I am sure you will have more clients

It is dytbabe nt dty dammit

U are yet to respond to my mail na
I can post anywhere, I am not dragging thread with u
I saw, peeped and dropped
Shikena
Only if u have got other motives
Bt as far as am concerned, my lil space for advert is not disturbing
The more u keep mentioning me, the more I come.
Ordinarily, u were supposed jst look pass my post
Bt if u call on me again
I will come back
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by tunde300us(m): 5:46am On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmm,as much as i understand why nigerians are travelling out of the country looking for jobs i also think we are just slavering ourselves for the world and using our own hands to sell ourselves.
how can you go start a job in dubai,and the first thing your employer does is to collect your passport and then suddenly change ur job scope and pay per month.And mind you most nigerians are made to work for 6 days in a week and 12-13hrs a day
I am saying all this cos i knw someone who is currently goin tru such horror and not finding it funny atall,i had wanted a dubai switch too.but now am thinking twice abt selling myself out to be slaved

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by okeyz(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2014
^^^^.Do you have an alternative?....there are some indian companies here in Lagos that work 7 days a week,day and night !! with peasant salaries...the staff have nobody to complain to and there don't want to quit .

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 03, 2014
okeyz: ^^^^.Do you have an alternative?....there are some indian companies here in Lagos that work 7 days a week,day and night !! with peasant salaries...the staff have nobody to complain to and there don't want to quit .
abi oooo...those nigerian-indian companies pay as low as N40k to professionals and work condition is worse...I know of an accountant earning exactly that amount in a big indian coy in sango-ota...
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by tunde300us(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Atleast the guy is not treated like a slave,and if he gets anoda prospect tomorrow he can freely move on,but am talking of a situation when you are tied to a job that can kill you and ure not even free to leave cos ur passport is not wit you,you need your countries foreign embassy to help you if there is a problem and etc.
My broda like i said earlier,i dont blame anyone for being under-paid,but when ontop of that you are compelled to remain under-paid for 2-3 years am sure slavery don enta am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by ustyno(m): 10:25am On Oct 03, 2014
dytbabe:

It is dytbabe nt dty dammit

U are yet to respond to my mail na
I can post anywhere, I am not dragging thread with u
I saw, peeped and dropped
Shikena
Only if u have got other motives
Bt as far as am concerned, my lil space for advert is not disturbing
The more u keep mentioning me, the more I come.
Ordinarily, u were supposed jst look pass my post
Bt if u call on me again
I will come back
with this kind of attitude, how do expect one to patronize u.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2014
@ ustyno, God bless you. help me ask how she expects to get clients when she is already rude to me when I have not said any negative thing to her. she even threatened me. Na whaooo for some people o

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:37am On Oct 03, 2014
@ Tunde 300us, you are right, that is why you see a lot of people accepting to be slaves outside the shores of there country because slavery is every where my dear.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by slimup: 10:43am On Oct 03, 2014
@ okeyz, you are very right. It is lack of job that make a lot of people settle for what ever job condition they see.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai by dytbabe: 10:44am On Oct 03, 2014
ustyno: with this kind of attitude, how do expect one to patronize u.

What attitude young man?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

2015 Nestoil Recruitment / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.