Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:26 AM

So Guys, What Does This Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So Guys, What Does This Mean? (4129 Views)

Photo: Why Are Ladies This Mean? / He Proposed To Her And All She Did Was Laugh! What Does This Mean? / I'm Only Here For The Ladies, So Guys Keep Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
So I met this guy, at a friend's birthday. I like him, I mean he's cute and he also seemed to like me too. We got talking and I felt comfortable with him. Eventually, he asked for my number which I gave him and we've been talking since then, turned good friends now. Now, what I want to know is this, some girls, myself inclusive before, think that when a guy asks for a girl's number, it means he wants to ask her out. So guys, how true is this?

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Priceless24(f): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hey ya, you've been friendzoned. It's painful sha

10 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by daveP(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Body language-causing confusion since d day of......

Well the law would say until there a oral/written statement from him, dont conclude yet. But hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Tallesty1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
MzPreshie: So I met this guy, at a friend's birthday. I like him, I mean he's cute and he also seemed to like me too. We got talking and I felt comfortable with him. Eventually, he asked for my number which I gave him and we've been talking since then, turned good friends now. Now, what I want to know is this, some girls, myself inclusive before, think that when a guy asks for a girl's number, it means he wants to ask her out. So guys, how true is this?
Well, that is the crazy mentality of some naija girls but the truth is that there are guys that just want to be friends.

4 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by vizkiz: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
uhmmmmn...op, can i get your number??
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Enegod(m): 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
MzPreshie: So I met this guy, at a friend's birthday. I like him, I mean he's cute and he also seemed to like me too. We got talking and I felt comfortable with him. Eventually, he asked for my number which I gave him and we've been talking since then, turned good friends now. Now, what I want to know is this, some girls, myself inclusive before, think that when a guy asks for a girl's number, it means he wants to ask her out. So guys, how true is this?
smh
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by MisterLongman(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
@the bolded You were expecting him to toast you like a toast bread right

3 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Ekiseme(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
This your green light shine pass traffic own o
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by leonprince: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
The guy has u where he wants u to be; confuse, having sleepless night, venerable. Another thoery is that he might hv liked u initially but has changed his mind now. Or he wants to take it slowly. whatever be the case u have two options wink

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by buildingacastle: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Well, that is the crazy mentality of some naija girls but the truth is that there are guys that just want to be friends.

This is true of most naija girls I have come across. But unfortunately you cannot blame them entirely for having that primitive mentality. The behavior of most of us guys have given them every reason to believe that.
It's a shame sha cos some of us just want friendship.
E.g.: any naija girl that can hold deeply intellectual and mind stimulating conversations with me on certain subject matters... I must ask for her number; guaranteed! This is because they are like diamonds in the rough, difficult to find but doesn't mean I want to date/marry her though.

Such a misunderstanding happened recently and what was a rather blissful friendship ended in disaster. So OP be careful how you approach the guy.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
Anyway, he is just taking his time.
He is probably one of those guys that are so patient you would think they are angels.

Trust me, when most guys get your number the want to take off your strings. No more no less.

But well... they say there are good guys. maybe I call them SU or guys without action and he is one of them.

Maybe im wrong.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by naijaboiy: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Some naija girls be protecting their phone numbers like Gold since 1845 undecided

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Missmossy(f): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Its obvious you are so into him,you gotta chill the guy may be taking his time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Well, that is the crazy mentality of some naija girls but the truth is that there are guys that just want to be friends.
Yea, I agree with you. It's a crazy mentality. Now I know better.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Missmossy: Its obvious you are so into him,you gotta chill the guy may be taking his time.
Yea, I liked him at first sight, you know, attraction I'd call it. But am not asking this question cause I want him to ask me out, nah, I just want to know. And besides, now he's a good friend and I'm not hoping to date him.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
If the dude acts the way I do then I think his actions (or inactions) so far have been deliberately ambigious.
Most females expect males to be stereotypic (and their presumptions are continually being justified) but there some males, like moi, who abhor being lumped in that analogy, so we do the very opposite...and declare our intentions when you least expect it.

2 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by OboDudu: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
you think i dont know you?

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
leonprince: The guy has u where he wants u to be; confuse, having sleepless night, venerable. Another thoery is that he might hv liked u initially but has changed his mind now. Or he wants to take it slowly. whatever be the case u have two options wink
I think you got it all wrong. I aint having sleepless nights for him. I'm very much okay with us being just friends. Guess it was just attraction at first sight.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by bosun11(m): 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
MzPreshie: Yea, I liked him at first sight, you know, attraction I'd call it. But am not asking this question cause I want him to ask me out, nah, I just want to know. And besides, now he's a good friend and I'm not hoping to date him.

Be better talk true , if he asks you out tomorrow..Will You say NO
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Priceless24: Hey ya, you've been friendzoned. It's painful sha
Lol... Guess we both friendzoned each other then.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
daveP: Body language-causing confusion since d day of......

Well the law would say until there a oral/written statement from him, dont conclude yet. But hmmm
Lol.. Didn't know of 'the law' before. How you doing dear?

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 8:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
This was exactly what happened:
At that birthday party, he liked you from a distance and approached you, you guys talked for some time and during this conversation, you did/said something that turned him off. More like, you weren't exactly what he expected you to be but he still wanted to give it a try even though his "like" level has dropped. Still overwhelmed with the doubt of really being compatible with you, he took your number and probably called/texted you a couple of times (and maybe went out with you), and then you proved him right! You're not "his type".
Because he didn't want to hurt your feelings by totally ignoring you or playing you, he decided to be "just friends" with you.
You have to deal with it, most guys are very sensitive and little things can turn them off big time. Also, that you're not his type doesn't mean he's in any way better than you.
NOTE: With the way you talk about this guy, you really liked him from the onset and guess what? You couldn't hide it the first day he approached you! This is a turn off for some guys, especially the handsome ones (you said he's handsome, right?) because they experience this with ladies everyday. They look for that lady who'd snub them even with their "fineboyism", and that's the lady worth going after.

Source: Experience.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
bosun11:

Be better talk true , if he asks you out tomorrow..Will You say NO
Yep, I will say NO.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by bosun11(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mrval20: This was exactly what happened:
At that birthday party, he liked you from a distance and approached you, you guys talked for some time and during this conversation, you did/said something that turned him off. More like, you weren't exactly what he expected you to be but he still wanted to give it a try even though his "like" level has dropped. Still overwhelmed with the doubt of really being compatible with you, he took your number and probably called/texted you a couple of times (and maybe went out with you), and then you proved him right! You're not "his type".
Because he didn't want to hurt your feelings by totally ignoring you or playing you, he decided to be "just friends" with you.
You have to deal with it, most guys are very sensitive and little things can turn them off big time. Also, that you're not his type doesn't mean he's in any way better than you.
NOTE: With the way you talk about this guy, you really liked him from the onset and guess what? You couldn't hide it the first day he approached you! This is a turn off for some guys, especially the handsome ones (you said he's handsome, right?) because they experience this with ladies everyday. They look for that lady who'd snub them even with their "fineboyism", and that's the lady worth going after.

U HAVE SAID IT ALL...... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by daveP(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
MzPreshie: Lol.. Didn't know of 'the law' before. How you doing dear?
lol, we only become conscious of the law when we need/come in contact with it.

Im doing fine smiley
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Tymax(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
Narrow-minded females.

2 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mrval20: This was exactly what happened:

Wow, you really have said it all. But then, isn't there a possibility of him wanting me as a friend from the beginning with no strings attached?

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by debosola(f): 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good things come to those who wait. O.p, chill, I guess he's taking his time.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 27, 2014
I like the way the op is answering questions honestly and willingly to learn. A nice attitude keep it up.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Exjoker(m): 12:38am On Sep 27, 2014
I dont trust guys who always collect numbers from girls...OP the guy maybe takin his time
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 2:46am On Sep 27, 2014
MzPreshie: Wow, you really have said it all. But then, isn't there a possibility of him wanting me as a friend from the beginning with no strings attached?
Quite probable.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by amakufrancis(m): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2014
i sense friendzone. Hope u like it that way

(1) (2) (Reply)

[photo] Guys Will U Allow This? / The "I Can't Date A Nairalander Mentality" / 7 Silly Things Guys Must Stop Doing Before They Can Get Good Gf/wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.