Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

So Guys, What Does This Mean? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So Guys, What Does This Mean? (4130 Views)

Photo: Why Are Ladies This Mean? / He Proposed To Her And All She Did Was Laugh! What Does This Mean? / I'm Only Here For The Ladies, So Guys Keep Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by dadoctore(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2014
TheSonOfMark: If the dude acts the way I do then I think his actions (or inactions) so far have been deliberately ambigious.
Most females expect males to be stereotypic (and their presumptions are continually being justified) but there some males, like moi, who abhor being lumped in that analogy, so we do the very opposite...and declare our intentions when you least expect it.
U spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2014
Mrval20:
Quite probable.
I thought as much. Thanks really.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2014
dadoctore:
U spoke my mind
Good to see another male who keeps the ladies second-guessing.

My rule:You stop being interesting when you stop being intriguing.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by leonprince: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2014
MzPreshie: I think you got it all wrong. I aint having sleepless nights for him. I'm very much okay with us being just friends. Guess it was just attraction at first sight.
actually wat I mean is that he got u thinking and that a plus for him.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Arsenate(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mrval20:
Quite probable.
not probable. guys rarely want to be friends with girls they just meet.
your first post seems the most probable scenario.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
vizkiz: uhmmmmn...op, can i get your number??
when are you going to change? Always asking for cell phone number
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by vizkiz: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
iyke926:

uhmmmmn...do i know you? undecided
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by buildingacastle: 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
iyke926:

grin LOL you are talking as if he needs to repent.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Arsenate: not probable. guys rarely want to be friends with girls they just meet.
your first post seems the most probable scenario.

Yeah right, but "rarely" means it's still probable; even if the probability is 0.1.
So when I said "quite probable", I meant the probability isn't zero; even though it might be negligible... Still making my first post the most probable scenario.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by passionate88: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
Priceless24:
Hey ya, you've been friendzoned. It's painful sha
Maybe he's shy.. Or like you rightly said "FRIENDZONE". Maybe he had the intention of toasting you but during your numerous "talk", you either let something slip or he got to see/hear how you treated a toaster or toasters before him, so he's avoiding an embarrassing situation.

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by adepiero: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Not just friend zone! It could also be Friends with BENEFIT cheesy
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mrval20:
This was exactly what happened:
At that birthday party, he liked you from a distance and approached you, you guys talked for some time and during this conversation, you did/said something that turned him off. More like, you weren't exactly what he expected you to be but he still wanted to give it a try even though his "like" level has dropped. Still overwhelmed with the doubt of really being compatible with you, he took your number and probably called/texted you a couple of times (and maybe went out with you), and then you proved him right! You're not "his type".
Because he didn't want to hurt your feelings by totally ignoring you or playing you, he decided to be "just friends" with you.
You have to deal with it, most guys are very sensitive and little things can turn them off big time. Also, that you're not his type doesn't mean he's in any way better than you.
NOTE: With the way you talk about this guy, you really liked him from the onset and guess what? You couldn't hide it the first day he approached you! This is a turn off for some guys, especially the handsome ones (you said he's handsome, right?) because they experience this with ladies everyday. They look for that lady who'd snub them even with their "fineboyism", and that's the lady worth going after.

Source: Experience.
dude ,open up a romance sch..u sure have a degree on issues like dis

2 Likes

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 3:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
dude ,open up a romance sch..u sure have a degree on issues like dis
Haha you don't say! wink

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mrval20:
Haha you don't say! wink
hehe..ur explanation was good enough
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
hehe..ur explanation was good enough
Thanks, bro.
All those ladies though tongue
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mrval20:

Thanks, bro.
All those ladies though tongue
abi na bro..anyways,all na experience shaa for future reference..
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Mrval20(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
abi na bro..anyways,all na experience shaa for future reference..
I mean all those ladies following you; me sef don dey fear to follow you osmiley
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
Mrval20:

I mean all those ladies following you; me sef don dey fear to follow you osmiley
shuoo grin Dis man sef..I follow dem 1st b4 dem follow me..anyways,u can follow if u want oo,nothing spoil

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by alotofgrace(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
MzPreshie:
So I met this guy, at a friend's birthday. I like him, I mean he's cute and he also seemed to like me too. We got talking and I felt comfortable with him. Eventually, he asked for my number which I gave him and we've been talking since then, turned good friends now. Now, what I want to know is this, some girls, myself inclusive before, think that when a guy asks for a girl's number, it means he wants to ask her out. So guys, how true is this?

if u like him......great things can hapin
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Drilla(m): 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
LOL...he wants to invite you for another party
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by FLAWLES(f): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
all gals tink lyk dat,including u@Op
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2014
FLAWLES:
all gals tink lyk dat,including u@Op
You aint far from the truth. I know better now though.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Youngpo413: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mrval20:
This was exactly what happened:
At that birthday party, he liked you from a distance and approached you, you guys talked for some time and during this conversation, you did/said something that turned him off. More like, you weren't exactly what he expected you to be but he still wanted to give it a try even though his "like" level has dropped. Still overwhelmed with the doubt of really being compatible with you, he took your number and probably called/texted you a couple of times (and maybe went out with you), and then you proved him right! You're not "his type".
Because he didn't want to hurt your feelings by totally ignoring you or playing you, he decided to be "just friends" with you.
You have to deal with it, most guys are very sensitive and little things can turn them off big time. Also, that you're not his type doesn't mean he's in any way better than you.
NOTE: With the way you talk about this guy, you really liked him from the onset and guess what? You couldn't hide it the first day he approached you! This is a turn off for some guys, especially the handsome ones (you said he's handsome, right?) because they experience this with ladies everyday. They look for that lady who'd snub them even with their "fineboyism", and that's the lady worth going after.

Source: Experience.
touche!

1 Like

Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by Richie4(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Don't have a gutter mind, pls. Meanwhile, it maybe dat his trying 2 take his tym b4 he propose.
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by ghost1718(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2014
MzPreshie:
Yea, I liked him at first sight, you know, attraction I'd call it. But am not asking this question cause I want him to ask me out, nah, I just want to know. And besides, now he's a good friend and I'm not hoping to date him.
hey mummy u can lie oh
Re: So Guys, What Does This Mean? by ogaprime(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
MzPreshie:
So I met this guy, at a friend's birthday. I like him, I mean he's cute and he also seemed to like me too. We got talking and I felt comfortable with him. Eventually, he asked for my number which I gave him and we've been talking since then, turned good friends now. Now, what I want to know is this, some girls, myself inclusive before, think that when a guy asks for a girl's number, it means he wants to ask her out. So guys, how true is this?

So miz, na where tory dey naw??

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Mistakes Men Should Avoid When Getting Married / What You Wish Your Spouse Profession Will Be / 90% Of Ladies On Nairaland Are Willing To Marry This Man Because He's Rich(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.