Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) (73850 Views)

80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / Plantain Cultivation Is Increasing, Let Us Talk About The Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 7:26am On Sep 29, 2014
14teenK: Thiz is gonna be awesome if reali apples cn grow in Nigeria i stil dnt believe it i nid more concrete proff
I will go somewhere today with few nairalanders (who hook up with me on facebook yesterday) and i will upload pics of me and them standing near a big apple tree(with fruits).I think this will convince u.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: I will go somewhere today with few nairalanders (who hook up with me on facebook yesterday) and i will upload pics of me and them standing near a big apple tree(with fruits).I think this will convince u.
Will be at Famak pet by 11a.m,since u live close,can we hook up?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 100Cents: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2014
Dahmum: Dis is sooo intresting oo.please keep d'facts coming.Happy Sunday ppeeeeps.Ŀ♡√Ɛ all

Girls too dey happy when they see apple. why ? undecided

On a serious note, this is why the west like keeping Africa most especially Nigeria in the dark.

Once one Nigerian succeeds in Apple cultivation on a commercial scale, trust the Nigerian band wagon effect, Apple importers will suffer in Nigeria..
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 100Cents: 10:38am On Sep 29, 2014
aiyeboy:

I am currently in ondo, can I be blessed with a seed

Receive !

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Will be at Famak pet by 11a.m,since u live close,can we hook up?
call me 08164958129
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Kushbaba(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
Take a look at this video on Apple production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRfK9R4nKMc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by abdulsamad(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
nice
development
grin grin grin
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by ringi82(m): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hmm.. I do hope this Thread will last for five years o
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by ugsams(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: call me 08164958129

I will be waiting for the pics of you and the Nairalanders at the Apple tree location.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by 14teenK: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: I will go somewhere today with few nairalanders (who hook up with me on facebook yesterday) and i will upload pics of me and them standing near a big apple tree(with fruits).I think this will convince u.
wow......cnt wait to se doze pix
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by uzolexis(f): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
ResourceMan:

I Love this reply of yours, shows your maturity. B.T.W. i saw your signature and rushed to check your profile pictures, cos I knew you will be a "Black Beauty".

NB: can u wire those improved Apple seedlings
I need Apples Yum Yumly grin grin

Thanks grin
We had a class excursion to a very big apple farm in Germany and that's where I saw the improved varieties,very big n succulent,wish I could send u some but...... cry
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
gbenga4sure: More pics
oga mi dz one d leaves dey yellow na tuberculosis dey catch d tn make en no grow into mango or paw paw.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aiyeboy(m): 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Will u be free tomorrow by 11a.m?I know definitely Aiyeboi will get in touch with you on this,He surely will,if you can make it,i will be @Famak petrol by 11a.m
Lie lie, me no go
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
aiyeboy:
Lie lie, me no go
Guy,i thought u won't miss the chance o,Chai!!!I couldn't make it either coz am outta town
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Bola4mi(f): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Good news
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Enuels: 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Hello Mr. Gbenga could you please send me your email address or contact so I can reach you when I'll need one. You can send it to nuels.maxwel@gmail.com. Although I'm following your post already . Thanks. Nuels
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aiyeboy(m): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Guy,i thought u won't miss the chance o,Chai!!!I couldn't make it either coz am outta town
Lol I actually went ooooo just kidding
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by protonz(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
I think am interested in this! can I also get the seedling from minister of agriculture
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Elebiju: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2014
rosety: Apples CAN grow in Nigeria and other tropical regions but not all apple varieties will fruit even when they grow. This is because most apple varieties require cold periods to begin fruiting (trying not to use technical jargon). However, varieties like Anna and Fuji do not require long cold periods or require higher temperatures to stimulate fruiting - temperatures that are reachable in Nigeria, temps in the 25°c region.
A client of mine just started an apple-avocado farm in Jos and we supplied about 150 bare-rooted trees purchased from Florida. Now temperatures in Florida don't get as cold as in most other parts of the American and European continents and the Anna variety of apples does very well there. The trees we planted are still young but they are doing very well. I expect fruits this time next year.
pls we need the jargon.Well, English apple can grow in Nigeria, but it will
not fruit because of temperature. They require some
cold temperature for booting. Our temperature does
not meet up with that level. So, because of that, the
apple will germinate, it will grow as a plant, but it
will not flower and therefore cannot bear fruit.Only the bell apple will be productive in Nigeria.

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by khiaa(f): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2014
pankere: OP it must be wild natural apples and not the shiny looking imported ones that are being sold. The imported ones have sterile seeds that do not germinate.

I have 2 apple trees in my backyard, a fuji and a red delicious and apples aren't natually shinny like the ones you buy, those apples were sprayed with a wax to make them more appealing to the eye.

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2014
Elebiju: pls we need the jargon.Well, English apple can grow in Nigeria, but it will
not fruit because of temperature. They require some
cold temperature for booting. Our temperature does
not meet up with that level. So, because of that, the
apple will germinate, it will grow as a plant, but it
will not flower and therefore cannot bear fruit.Only the bell apple will be productive in Nigeria.
It is not an apple .They are completely different and UNRELATED species.Calling it an apple does not make it an apple
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2014
protonz: I think am interested in this! can I also get the seedling from minister of agriculture
You can get them from TB Joshua
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2014
good to know,i hope it will reduce its market price. dazol.
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by Elebiju: 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
iwonbaoko: It is not an apple .They are completely different and UNRELATED species.Calling it an apple does not make it an apple
so u mean a midget isn't human because of his size?
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aaidel(m): 1:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Elebiju: so u mean a midget isn't human because of his size?

one is a tropical fruit the other is not just like calling a chimpanzee a human which in this case would be closer than calling the bell apple an apple
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by shorexng: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Elebiju: so u mean a midget isn't human because of his size?
aaidel:
one is a tropical fruit the other is not just like calling a chimpanzee a human which in this case would be closer than calling the bell apple an apple
All these analogies because of apple?:-D
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by aaidel(m): 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
shorexng:
All these analogies because of apple?:-D

lol make den no scam unsuspecting people na

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by diamondboa(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
gbenga4sure: My residue is at ondo city in ondo state,and it will take about 5yrs to harvest my first fruits.
Where exactly in Ondo ?I lived at Fagun, Road 5A.I reaaly love to see this .
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by world1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
I planted 10 apple trees in my farm since last year I got from a friend farm in port novo. The reason he gave me was that those apple we eat in Nigeria had been generic mutilated no to bear fruits.
Well am also patiently waiting but i noticed the growth is just too slow.

1 Like

Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
diamondboa:
Where exactly in Ondo ?I lived at Fagun, Road 5A.I reaaly love to see this .
I live at oka.hook me up @kukoyiAkinloluGbenga@facebook.com
Re: Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) by gbenga4sure(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Enuels: Hello Mr. Gbenga could you please send me your email address or contact so I can reach you when I'll need one. You can send it to nuels.maxwel@gmail.com. Although I'm following your post already . Thanks. Nuels
.hook me up @KukoyiAkinloluGbenga@facebook.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.