Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:50 PM

Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 (1017 Views)

When You Pray For 'a Smoking Hot Wife' *pics* / Other Reasons For Getting Married / How To Be Single And Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by entadaplace1: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Being single whether by choice or by circumstance has its benefits. Many some might add, but being single also has its down sides, and quite a bit if you ask me. No one here is encouraging you to start running after every partner you can just to be in a relationship, but if you’re thinking of staying single for life, you might want to reconsider.

It’s all in good fun anyways. Here are 6 reasons why being single pretty much sucks.
1. No One To Listen To You Vent

You’ve had a long bad day, and just want to be able to talk to someone who will just sit there and listen. Yes you can call your mother, or father, or siblings, but there’s no guarantee they are available. Your roommate might be one but there’s no guarantee they have your time. It’s always comforting to know that with a significant other, you can get home/call them and just tell them about how your coffee spilled in your car, and they pretty much have no choice but to listen to you smiley. They are there for that purpose. It’s in their contract.

2. Endless Pity Match Making

Probably one of the worst aspects of being single especially at our age is the endless pity match making our friends and relatives try to do. “Oh this guy is an engineer from Ogun state, he’s tall, and smart. You guys fit each other.” There’s always someone calling you with “someone for you.” Even worse is the friends that have taken it upon themselves as a project to find you a match.

3. Dating

Wouldn’t we all love if we could just skip all the endless dating protocol and just end up with our soul mates? The process of dating can be fun when it’s someone you like and likes you back, but outside of that it’s very tiring and draining. From dating the creeps to dating the old men, to dating the ashawos to dating those you like but don’t like you, it’s just plain frustrating. When you’re not single, date night is a whole new adventure of fun and exciting things.

6. Aunties and Mommies Praying For You

The ultimate worst thing about being single, especially in Nigeria is being the subject of almost every prayer at home and away. You talk to your aunty from Australia on the phone, and before you get off the phone she has to pray for you. Morning prayers at home always end up with “and Lord please bless Jummai with the gift of a husband.” Man, I like Jesus and all, but can we stop with the prayers? I’m not a case that needs deliverance. Don’t get me started on the fasting requests.

Oh and they tell you to pray and fast too.

That pretty much sums it up. If you have another reason why you think being single sucks then let’s hear it. Or if you disagree please let hear it too.

Read More Here
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by siegfried99(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
cheesy..

Brb
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by smileysmiles(f): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
@least your grandmother doesnt tell your dog that she only feeds kids and not dogs.
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by MisterLongman(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
smileysmiles: @least your grandmother doesnt tell your dog that she only feeds kids and not dogs.
What is this one saying
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by smileysmiles(f): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
MisterLongman: What is this one saying

*smiles* refering to me as "dis one" makes u feel good?

anyways, she believes she should be feeding my kids instead of feeding my dog.
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by MisterLongman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
smileysmiles:

*smiles* refering to me as "dis one" makes u feel good?

anyways, she believes she should be feeding my kids instead of feeding my dog.
Oya sorry...... *gives her a carton of chocolates*

Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by smileysmiles(f): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
MisterLongman: Oya sorry...... *gives her a carton of chocolates*

awww.. may God bless the woman who raised you.
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by MisterLongman(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
smileysmiles:

awww.. may God bless the woman who raised you.
Amen
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by Kunleskey(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmmm! Ure rite &it's a nice word but am still single and nt searching 4 now...reason... I get a lot on my nerve....and my brain is bootin wit a lot of tins
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by eneres: 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
smileysmiles: @least your grandmother doesnt tell your dog that she only feeds kids and not dogs.
OMG!!! She didn't really say that right?
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by smileysmiles(f): 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
eneres:
OMG!!! She didn't really say that right?

go figure. lol. shes 87 tho if she hangs on till 90 i'll give her kids to feed, but for now all i av is a dog!
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by eneres: 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
smileysmiles:

go figure. lol. shes 87 tho if she hangs on till 90 i'll give her kids to feed, but for now all i av is a dog!
lolzzz...u r in for more trouble from her till further notice.
Re: Mummies And Aunties Pray For You And 5 Other Reasons You Must Not Be Single @ 25 by amakufrancis(m): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2014
funny comments

(1) (Reply)

True Love Or Money? / My Family Memebers DONT Like Her / I Never Spend Valentine's Day With Someone Special. Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.