Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship (1157 Views)

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally / My Hubby Is Emotionally Mean / Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by argon500: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
It was the night before Valentine’s Day, freshman year of college and I lay in my dorm room watching the clock. With every breath I took, my heart sank deeper. He should be back by now, 10:34 PM…11:27PM...2:05AM. Then around 3:30 AM, Fred busted in the room, laughing to himself. He hopped into bed next to me. “Baby, you have no idea, this night was crazyyyyy!” His breath reeked of beer so I turned my back to him. “I wish you had been back by now,” I said disappointed, “I thought we were going to spend Valentine’s night together.” I held my breath, waiting for him to say something. I counted my pictures of my friends and family I had hung on the wall. “You always do this,” he slurred, his tone becoming more serious. “I can never have a good time with you, you ruined my night, you always do!” By now he was screaming.

I just missed you. Please don’t get mad, forget what I just said, please don’t get mad.

“You hung out with the guys last night, I thought this night would be reserved for me,” I pleaded with him as he sat on the edge of the bed putting his dirty running shoes, his “drinking shoes” back on. He then got up, and grabbed the red bin he stored under my twin bed. It was full of various things of his, shirts, shorts, love notes I wrote to him. As he opened the door to leave, he also grabbed an envelope off of my dresser. It was full of cut up slips of paper I made him for Valentine’s Day. Each slip contained a reason why I loved him. I spent an hour making it for him: cutting out each slip, typing up the reasons, and even colored an elephant out of hearts which I taped to the front.

Please don’t leave. I don’t want to be alone.

Tears started falling down my face. I followed him out to the hallway where he stood waiting by the elevator. “You’re such an idiot; I can never have a good time,” he slurred again. “I’m sorry!” I pleaded, trying to embrace him, but he kept pushing me away like I was some sort of beggar, pleading for his riches. “That’s why your ex before me left you and that’s why you dad is never around. You can’t have fun and you’re annoying.” He snatched the Valentine’s Day envelope off of the top of his bin. He grabbed a handful of the slips, ripped them to pieces and threw some in my face saving the rest for the top of my head.

.........But I am still in love with him
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by ahnie: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
pardon me...i just dont get it.
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by yorex2011: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
No be by force to write story ni
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by saxwizard(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
argon500: It was the night before Valentine’s Day, freshman year of college and I lay in my dorm room watching the clock. With every breath I took, my heart sank deeper. He should be back by now, 10:34 PM…11:27PM...2:05AM. Then around 3:30 AM, Fred busted in the room, laughing to himself. He hopped into bed next to me. “Baby, you have no idea, this night was crazyyyyy!” His breath reeked of beer so I turned my back to him. “I wish you had been back by now,” I said disappointed, “I thought we were going to spend Valentine’s night together.” I held my breath, waiting for him to say something. I counted my pictures of my friends and family I had hung on the wall. “You always do this,” he slurred, his tone becoming more serious. “I can never have a good time with you, you ruined my night, you always do!” By now he was screaming.

I just missed you. Please don’t get mad, forget what I just said, please don’t get mad.

“You hung out with the guys last night, I thought this night would be reserved for me,” I pleaded with him as he sat on the edge of the bed putting his dirty running shoes, his “drinking shoes” back on. He then got up, and grabbed the red bin he stored under my twin bed. It was full of various things of his, shirts, shorts, love notes I wrote to him. As he opened the door to leave, he also grabbed an envelope off of my dresser. It was full of cut up slips of paper I made him for Valentine’s Day. Each slip contained a reason why I loved him. I spent an hour making it for him: cutting out each slip, typing up the reasons, and even colored an elephant out of hearts which I taped to the front.

Please don’t leave. I don’t want to be alone.

Tears started falling down my face. I followed him out to the hallway where he stood waiting by the elevator. “You’re such an idiot; I can never have a good time,” he slurred again. “I’m sorry!” I pleaded, trying to embrace him, but he kept pushing me away like I was some sort of beggar, pleading for his riches. “That’s why your ex before me left you and that’s why you dad is never around. You can’t have fun and you’re annoying.” He snatched the Valentine’s Day envelope off of the top of his bin. He grabbed a handful of the slips, ripped them to pieces and threw some in my face saving the rest for the top of my head.

.........But I am still in love with him

Love my foot..
U no sabi run 4 ur precious lyf?
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
I feel for you (why dont you have fun?)
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
His jazz is strong.

But seriously, u need to respect yourself, u need to believe in yourself, u need to see yourself as an important person who deserves more.
U need to see yourself as a beautiful, attractive,cute and loving girl and u can get any guy u want.

U don't need to keep living this life.
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by amakufrancis(m): 3:33am On Sep 28, 2014
ayaaah dnt worry everyfin will be alright ok?
Re: I Was In An Emotionally Abusive Relationship by nlPoster: 2:39am On Feb 04, 2020
ahnie:
pardon me...i just dont get it.

Of course you wouldn't. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Learn From Me Incase U Are Planning To Do This. / What Will A Girl Gain From A Guy That Says "No Spending" In The Relationship? / Help!!! Romancelanders What Will You Do In This Situation??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.