Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic (11533 Views)

I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / Consensual Sex Between 12 And 13-year Old Lands Them In Ridiculous Legal Trouble / What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Marriage May Not Be Legal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by pentagonal: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Can you read?

what's exactly is your point madam?? the CDU is only criticising the move cos of there religious inclination. the SPD and alliance 90 will take the battle to the Bundestag.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Misogynist2014(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
Babygal4eva:

Just wanted to point out that you have said feminism so adding gender equality is a bit redundant don't u think?

Pedophila is a crime everywhere in case u don't know nobody is for it.

The fact that you are intimidated by feminists shows ur low self esteem, feminism is a conspiracy yes, a conspiracy to teach men especially African men that women are not doormats or foot stools and we have a mind of our own that surpasses some of you all.

I never considered myself a feminist till I joined Nairaland and then suddenly my opinions are considered feministic. If that is the case then yea I'm a feminist and proud
Women deserve to be a door mat, who you beat and make cry every single day.
Poor women: so confused and so grossly incompetent. I suppose we should mourn for them as well............. Dick Masterson.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Misogynist2014(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
cococandy: What about the kids that could arise from such intimate acts?
What happened to their right not to be born deformed or percusors of lineal deformation?

Left to me,
If they must have sex,then they should agree to sterilization. So that their intimate unions begins and end with them and doesn't affect the next generation.

Win win. Everyone's rights protected.
A woman would think she has made a good point, but in eyes of men, she has written babble.

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Babygal4eva(f): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Misogynist2014: Women deserve to be a door mat, who you beat and make cry every single day.
Poor women: so confused and so grossly incompetent. I suppose we should mourn for them as well............. Dick Masterson.

Your moniker says it all, I refuse to argue with people like u dat just because some girl broke ur poor little heart u blame every girl... its like blaming all Nigerians for Jonathan's stupidity, its not even worth the argument.

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by pickabeau1: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
hehehehe
I wonder why this is seen as strange
Gays do it and can adopt with the state paying
Lezzies do it can adopt with the state paying
So why should it be different

Live and Let Live - cococandy grin grin grin
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by MizMyColi(f): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
pickabeau1: hehehehe
I wonder why this is seen as strange
Gays do it and can adopt with the state paying
Lezzies do it can adopt with the state paying
So why should it be different

Live and Let Live - coco candy grin grin grin

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
pentagonal:

what's exactly is your point madam?? the CDU is only criticising the move cos of there religious inclination. the SPD and alliance 90 will take the battle to the Bundestag.

The SPD is currently CDU's coalition partner and the Justice Ministry is led by a SPD politician, Heiko Maas, who has officially refused to take the ethics council's suggestion into any consideration.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
freshdude2: Make your voice count Carefree, speak up today grin

I don't have to do it in Germany. It is a very uncommon scenario to see grandpas buy themselves young wives here. wink

Girls are not sold off into marriage in this country. They go to school and then to university and a VAST majority dates guys of the same age.

Sane country.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by pentagonal: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The SPD is currently CDU's coalition partner and the Justice Ministry is led by a SPD politician, Heiko Maas, who has officially refused to take the ethics council's suggestion into any consideration.

and the terms of agreement doesn't change party ideologies. since CDU have fulfilled the request of the sdp of increasing minimum wage to 8.5 euros per hours and reduce retirement age from 67 to 63. the last lost of the CDU in nrw and Brandenburg will soon let them drop some of their morality toga. the country is so underpopulated and peeps don't want to procreate. imagine a 500k increase in population since the 2011 census taking into consideration the relaxed immigration laws.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by pentagonal: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

carefreewannabe:

and the terms of agreement doesn't change party ideologies. since CDU have fulfilled the request of the sdp of increasing minimum wage to 8.5 euros per hours and reduce retirement age from 67 to 63. the last lost of the CDU in nrw and Brandenburg will soon let them drop some of their morality toga. the country is so underpopulated and peeps don't want to procreate. imagine a 500k increase in population since the 2011 census taking into consideration the relaxed immigration laws.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Ymodulus: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Just reading through the comments, it seems many people can not see beyond their own personal feelings about incest to consider whether someone should go to prison for it.

In the case cited, there is a normal couple who love each other and have children just like anyone else, with the exception that they are brother and sister. They are not harming or impinging on the rights of anyone else, so why should their relationship be classed as criminal and subject to a custodial sentence?

It is surely immoral to lock people up simply because we don't like the way they live their lives. We have left behind locking people up for being Catholic, or for being homosexual, and it is time to leave behind this archaic law. If incest was decriminalized, the social taboo would still remain because so many people find it abhorrent, so it would not lead to a sudden increase in such relationships.

Some of the people expressing their disgust here might get a nasty surprise if they knew their family history. They might find they are descended from someone born out of incest because it was so common in past centuries. Even the Royals got up to it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
TV01: ...am I right in thinking that the reasoning was - to parphrase - "incestuous couples should not be criminalised due to the disgust about them"?

I said that disgust is not the yardstick in law making.

Anyways, good to see CFW on fine form;

cheesy

They could simply 1, not have kids, 2, have any pregancies screened, or 3, have them "engineered like homosexuals do

First, many want to have kids.
Second, even if you screen a pregnancy, you cannot exclude ALL diseases during a pregnancy.
Third, some diseases can only be diagnosed in later months of a pregnancy.
Fourth, do we have to increase the number of abortions by allowing people whose kids have a very high likelihood of having disabled children to have actually do it even if it is NOT NECESSARY? And who is going to cover the costs?
Fifth, what do you mean by "have them engineered"?

Why would it open the door to child abuse? Or at least open it any further. Are you claiming there are a load of people refraining from child-abuse just because incest is not legal. Does it not happen now that incest is illegal

It does but it is a taboo. It would lead to a higher acceptance if ince.st was allowed and it would help to get away with domestic child abuse more easily.

That's how the gay one started - now we have to be ushers at their "weddings" or else grin!

It's not an issue in my life. And anyone who chooses can stay away from such weddings.

And why should they be denied that right. As for children, see above. Plus, they may choose to be sterilised - I guess only one would need be cheesy!

I have already said why.

An a priori assumption that there is such a thing as "sexual orientation". And then limiting it as you subjectively see fit. You also say nothing about how if sexual orientation is different from undeniable sexual functioning, that something must be wrong. At least a brother and sister are aligning their sexual function with the right orientation

Like I said, I am not going to discuss homes.exuality.

So? Kids are born that require State welfare all the time. It's a fact that children from single parent homes take up more welfare spending than those from two parent homes. Yet, for wannabe (see what I did there grin) single mums, legislation is moving to enabling them. Should single-mothers not also be legislated against for this same "cost to society" reason?

The single mothers have fathers who pay child support and they haven't CONSCIOUSLY taken the HIGH RISK of having sick children.

Likewise for homosexuals. Their lifestyle is more dangerous than smoking, yet we don't stick health warning on it or them. The lives are typically shortened and the health risks and hence the healthcare bill is disproportinally high. Why are they enabled and championed?

I am not going to have a debate on homose.xuality. Take it or leave it.

The parallels have to be made. Advocate will look to what is acceptable and the arguements that made it so to press their case. Trying to make the point without relevent references is indeed "ostrich in the sand" type behaviour.

Ok. Without me. I have the freedom of speech and therefore the freedom to remain silent if I wish too.

Agreed.

TV

cheesy
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Sane country.
Where law makers are trying to legalise sibling sexx? Nah, sanity is relative.

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by pickabeau1: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
MizMyColi:

undecided undecided undecided

Rather than a smiley.. why dont u elucidate.. pray... give me some ink
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2014
freshdude2: First of all, who says children have to be born in iincest relationships. There are all sorts of solutions to this pseudo-conundrum like surrogacy and adoption.

Like I said, you reason like the ethics council and you are free to do so.

Same can be said of homosexx. Are you saying older brothers, cousins, uncles haven't molested young relatives with cases recorded?

I am not saying that abuse doesn't take place in families. It does but it is punishable and I think it should remain like that.
If we allow in.cest then it will be easier for offenders to get away with it.

Oh, it will be the town's business when they want to get married. Are you saying they shouldn't get married? And if not, how do they do so
when doing so constitutes a crime?

No, siblings shouldn't get married.

Naivety. As with all things in life, a price must be paid. If it is established that their union would endanger their offpsring and by extension, the future of Germany, government could and would be wise to make sterilisation a requirement for iincestual relationships. They are the government afterall, the government can do anything.

The government can do anything in Nigeria, not in Germany.

Apart from that, the German constitution contains the protection of physical integrity. So no, nobody can be forced to sterilization and the constitution is not going to change for the sake of in.cest. Let's be realistic.

Or, they could invest in research to mitigate the weaknesses of genetic disorders in such relationships.

Even if Germany is a rich country, they have more urgent issues (cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis and even Ebola) to do research on than to test how blood relatives can procreate without risk taking.

Even if Germany is a pretty rich country, its resources are not unlimited.

Nobody cares whether or not it's an orientation. As it is, it's a violation of human rights considering the freedoms given to other sexxual deviants. This last point of yours is confusing as it is insulting to my intelligence. It is no valid point. Whether or not people fall in and/or out of love is nobody's cup of tea and definitely no reason to limit one's sexxual rights.

What you consider deviant is not what majority of Germans considers deviant.

Again, there's the option of legislation in favour of sterilisation or just plain old abortion. The kids don't have to be born.

Even though abortion is legal in this country, nobody would say that it should be taken lightly. And apart from that, who is going to cover these costs for people they don't accept?

Both well within the subject of sexxual preference, attraction and expression.

I don't get this point.

TB Joshua would be green with envy.

of course. Ostrich-playing time.

Sure, just as one could cook without using fire.

If you think that in.cest cannot be discussed without having to mention, then this is your problem, not mine. Sorry.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
freshdude2: Where law makers are trying to legalise sibling sexx? Nah, sanity is relative.

Law makers?

The government makes the laws in this country and the government has refused to EVEN take this suggestion into consideration.

Get your facts right. wink

And compared to Nigeria where people are obsessed with gays but not with men who OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY marry, fu.. and impregnate little girls, Germany is not relatively but ABSOLUTELY sane.

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
pentagonal:

What does minimum wage have to do with this discussion? What does retirement age have to do with this discussion?

The country is not underpopulated but it doesn't have enough young people. It's an aging society. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The statement that the German government wants to legalize in.cest for more children to be born is EXTREMELY stupid because

- the German government is AGAINST the ethics council's suggestion to change the law that makes se.x between siblings a punishable act.

- the German government doesn't want to populate the country with sick children.

- there are other policies and programs to increase the number of young people in the country.

This is not Nigeria, where illiterates run the Ministry of Education.

By the way, you better be concerned with the overpopulation in Nigeria. wink
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Law makers?

The government makes the laws in this country and the government has refused to EVEN take this suggestion into consideration.

Get your facts right. wink

And compared to Nigeria where people are obsessed with gays but not with men who OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY marry, fu.. and impregnate little girls, Germany is not relatively but ABSOLUTELY sane.

Yet, the government passed into law, the rights of homosexxuals to sexxual freedom? The same way they were pressured to openly support gays is the same way they'd be pressured to support this new batch of deviants. All they need do is use the formula used by LGBTs and voila, one more ticked box. Just because you refuse to acknowledge that doesn't make it less true.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
freshdude2: Yet, the government passed into law, the rights of homosexxuals to sexxual freedom? The same way they were pressured to openly support gays is the same way they'd be pressured to support this new batch of deviants. All they need do is use the formula used by LGBTs and voila, one more ticked box. Just because you refuse to acknowledge that doesn't make it less true.

Pressured? Says who?
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by okotv(m): 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What does minimum wage have to do with this discussion? What does retirement age have to do with this discussion?

The country is not underpopulated but it doesn't have enough young people. It's an aging society. BIG DIFFERENCE.

The statement that the German government wants to legalize in.cest for more children to be born is EXTREMELY stupid because

- the German government is AGAINST the ethics council's suggestion to change the law that makes se.x between siblings a punishable act.

- the German government doesn't want to populate the country with sick children.

- there are other policies and programs to increase the number of young people in the country.

This is not Nigeria, where illiterates run the Ministry of Education.

By the way, you better be concerned with the overpopulation in Nigeria. wink
still watching...wonder why you hate Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
okotv: still watching...wonder why you hate Nigeria.

I love Nigeria.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by okotv(m): 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I love Nigeria.
and you just insulted our minister of education and his entire ministry ma
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
okotv: and you just insulted our minister of education and his entire ministry ma

I even insult the President and his stvpid wife who brought shame on Nigeria all over the world.

Being critical of a government doesn't mean that I hate the country.

I don't hate Nigeria but I won't lie to you, I live in a much better place and I think that many Nigerians will agree.
And talking about the Ministry of Education, in Germany, it is very hard to become a teacher. Teachers are well-trained and well-paid.
It says a lot about how seriously education is taken in Germany and what a joke it is in Nigeria.

By the way, your leaders send their kids to school abroad. Think about it.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by ZERKNICHTER(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I am not saying that abuse doesn't take place in families. It does but it is punishable and I think it should remain like that.

just no!
se.x with children is a much more servere crime than ince.st in germany
relatives having sex with childen will be sentenced for child molestation and not for ince.st so making in.cest legal will not change anything
in germany its even illegal for adult to have s.ex with below 16 year old person
this argument is invalid
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by okotv(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I even insult the President and his stvpid wife who brought shame on Nigeria all over the world.

Being critical of a government doesn't mean that I hate the country.

I don't hate Nigeria but I won't lie to you, I live in a much better place and I think that many Nigerians will agree.
And talking about the Ministry of Education, in Germany, it is very hard to become a teacher. Teachers are well-trained and well-paid.
It says a lot about how seriously education is taken in Germany and what a joke it is in Nigeria.

By the way, your leaders send their kids to school abroad. Think about it.

how much do you really know about Nigeria ?
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
ZERKNICHTER:

just no!
se.x with children is a much more servere crime than ince.st in germany
relatives having sex with childen will be sentenced for child molestation and not for ince.st so making in.cest legal will not change anything
in germany its even illegal for adult to have s.ex with below 16 year old person
this argument is invalid

@bold

But if two 14 year olds have s.ex, nothing will happen so if a 14-year-old brother abuses his younger sister, it will be ok too if in.cest is legal.
It is illegal for now.

Besides, children have to have the security that a family is a place where they are AT LEAST protected by the law.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
okotv: how much do you really know about Nigeria ?

As you can see, VERY MUCH.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ymodulus: Just reading through the comments, it seems many people can not see beyond their own personal feelings about incest to consider whether someone should go to prison for it.

In the case cited, there is a normal couple who love each other and have children just like anyone else, with the exception that they are brother and sister. They are not harming or impinging on the rights of anyone else, so why should their relationship be classed as criminal and subject to a custodial sentence?

It is surely immoral to lock people up simply because we don't like the way they live their lives. We have left behind locking people up for being Catholic, or for being homosexual, and it is time to leave behind this archaic law. If incest was decriminalized, the social taboo would still remain because so many people find it abhorrent, so it would not lead to a sudden increase in such relationships.

Some of the people expressing their disgust here might get a nasty surprise if they knew their family history. They might find they are descended from someone born out of incest because it was so common in past centuries. Even the Royals got up to it.

This is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Like I said, you reason like the ethics council and you are free to do so.
I, also, notice your
penchant for thinking like the hypocritical German government who want to pick and choose who and who has what rights. They are sick bigots.

carefreewannabe: I am not saying that abuse doesn't take place in families. It does but it is punishable and I think it should remain like that.
Should the rights of these people be infringed upon because the government is too lazy to do their job? By this token, meat should be banned because
eating meat is one way to contract Ebola? Ridiculous.

carefreewannabe: No, siblings shouldn't get married.
Then, you shouldn't get married either by law since that's what you're advocating in this case.

carefreewannabe: The government can do anything in Nigeria, not in Germany
In time you'll realise.

carefreewannabe: Apart from that, the German constitution contains the protection of physical integrity. So no, nobody can be forced to sterilization and the constitution is not going to change for the sake of in.cest. Let's be realistic
Rights are not absolute. There are a billion requirements for a million things. This should be no different assuming the government of Germany care about the future of their nation.

carefreewannabe: Even if Germany is a rich country, they have more urgent issues (cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis and even Ebola) to do research on than to test how blood relatives can procreate without risk taking
You don't determine scientific priorities, scientists do. All they need is an effective lobby reference.

carefreewannabe: What you consider deviant is not what majority of Germans considers deviant
Of course, considering their absolute sanity. Hypocrisy again.

carefreewannabe: Even though abortion is legal in this country, nobody would say that it should be taken lightly. And apart from that, who is going to cover these costs for people they don't accept?
Well, then. Sterilisation, surrogacy, adoption, kidnap; take your pick.

carefreewannbe: I don't get this point.
Not same topic but under same subject

carefreewannabe: If you think that in.cest cannot be discussed without having to mention, then this is your problem, not mine. Sorry.
If you have a problem with references during arguments, too bad.
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Pressured? Says who?

So, you're telling me that the government just woke up one morning and decided to be lenient with gays? Or that one conscientious law-maker just sponsored a bill to that effect? What do you call the threat by the US to withhold aid from Nigeria for "persecuting" people based on sexxual orientation, intimacy?
Re: Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2014
It has started.....
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Lemme tell you people something, something you do not know....
20 years from now, in'c'e'st would be legal, so would bestiality... Atworst, in'ces'tious couple would be made to forfeit child rearing.... The y have the option of adoption like their gay contemporaries....

For fvcks sake if the thought of a man sticking his bananas into another man's rectum is bearable, I wonder what makes the thought of a man sleeping with his hot/sexy sister abominable... Atleast, she is a woman... He is sticking his whatever in the right areas....
God bless Human Right...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! / My Daughter Caught t Us Having Sex Plz Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.