Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. (54928 Views)

Oluchi, Iman, And Naomi Campbell In Rare Pose! / Eight Powerful Photos Of A Bride-To-be Who Lost Her Fiance / Powerful Photos Of Women Who Changed History Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by sinaj(f): 9:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Osahon7: Very powerful pictures
..brings back memory...grab a cofee...d genocide sobs embarassed
Osahon7: Very powerful pictures
..brings back memory...grab a cofee...d genocide sobs
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Mhomies: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Memories are made of these. Good job @ OP.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by ibdeals1(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: 1: Tarkwa bay Lagos in the 50s

2 Photo of a Tram line on Ebute Ero street Lagos (1913)

3 State house Marina built in 1886, was the residence of the head of state of Nigeria before 1967.[b] I.E Balewa [/b]was kidnapped from that house and was never seen again.

is he different from tafawa balewa?
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by martinnwani(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2014
WE HAVE REALLY COME A LONG WAY.....SNIFF!......GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2014
englishmart: does this church still exist?

yes it does. it hasn't changed much even.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Britzdon(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Nnamdi Azikiwe's political campaign in 1959.
that Rolls Royce make sense shaa

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 01, 2014
Wow! Powerful pictures that speaks volume. We have really come a long way. Nigeria will be great one day soon. All hail the republic!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: National stadium Surulere Lagos in the 70s.

Woow!! Lagos seemed to be following urban planning back then

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 9:16am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Cathedral Church of Christ Lagos, 1974.

We. As black people need to get serious with developing our environment. instead of stealing any how.. Just look at this place before.. I guess there was still a lot of white presence..

1 Like

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by ooofreezy(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice job op!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2014
cry cry cry
some of those pix tell us Nigeria is on a downward slide.Just look at the aerial view of the National stadium,Surulere...look at the streets,neat and more like what u av in the UK.
Returning Nigeria to glory years wont be easy but itz doable.
God bless Nigeria.
Happy Independence. smiley
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Mutuwa(m): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2014
learning in sokoto pre independece.

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Independence day match pass 1978.
My dad-1st line, 12th man.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by peleson: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Rare pictures indeed
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Independence day match pass 1978.
My dad-1st colume, 12th man.
location- Tafawa Balawe Square

12 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Atmmachine(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2014
#Westlife band in 1897 grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Tonylyte:
The ghanaian deportation saga, the reason why those dudes' hate for us is so bold....they still cant hold us back.

Oga! Go and sleep

Btw

Happy independence day nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Atmmachine(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2014
Hausas are the problem facing Nigeria since 1756 cool cool cool
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by jamillion: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2014
I love dem! Wldon bro.....
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by desy24444(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: 1- Deportation of over 1million Ghanians and other African immigrants due to crisis. - FEB 1983

2- A picture of Prince Philip in 1956 surveying an open pit tin mine during the ROYAL TOUR OF NIGERIA. Looking at a vast amount of resources to be tapped and used for the benefit of the united kingdom. Unfortunately for him Nigeria gained its independence four years later.

3- What the Nigerian flag would look like today, if we never gained independence. Flag of the colony and Protectorate of Nigeria (1914-1960) situated in the top half of the picture.

Happy independence!!
1st pics is d origin of ghana must go bag.lol
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by iamord(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2014
allanphash7: Can someone pls call Lord Lugard that we dont want to be amalgamated again

Go knock on his grave!!!.. Am tired of people crying over split milk.. They joined the nations together .. Its left for the people to work together on how to leave peacefully..and forge ahead..knowing that the common enemy is the western power.. and If u still want to separate u can do what scotland did.. That shows political maturity and that a people have learnt and coming of age .but no!!! we always think violence is the solution and have no vision.. Well, sad enough.. violence may be the solution now..cos people have been care free for too long. If I may ask.. What is the vision/dream of africa, nigeria..cos I have never heard of one!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by FBS: 9:40am On Oct 01, 2014
tmed1: The Nigeria back then was more structured and organized than the Nigeria we have today. Now, the government are clueless. It's a pity the British didn't teach the early leaders how to rule before leaving.
That was the plan. Not to teach them.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by chinex276(m): 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
Waooo... I shiver
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Blitz4real(m): 9:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Thank God
i was here
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by funshyboi(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Tonylyte:
The ghanaian deportation saga, the reason why those dudes' hate for us is so bold....they still cant hold us back.
thank God they are gone, at least we are saved frm their ugliness and dark traits
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by mrmatt(m): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Rare and powerful indeed.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2014
celebrate the independent day on a new website which is being launched today. Celebrate independent day with geniuses on www.ebiag.com. Be among the first to comment there and win a recharge card. Happy Independent day, Nigeria!!!
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by austonclint(m): 10:05am On Oct 01, 2014
hmmmmm wat a Nigeria we have today .
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by 50calibre(m): 10:06am On Oct 01, 2014
These pics provides a glimpse into the past & what life in Nigeria could have been today if our colonial masters had stayed on.

I don't see the purpose of celebrating today, except in your opinion, 54 years of failure is worth celebrating. Independence was Nigeria's biggest mistake, we did not deserve independence, we still don't deserve independence.

Today calls for sober reflection not celebration, and if Nigerians are indeed concerned about the future, they should unite & forward a petition to the British government for wilful re-colonisation. This British government will gladly oblige, it is going to be of mutual benefit to both sides, and we might just have the same type of relationship they have with the Falklands & Gibralta.

Over a period of 54 years we've demonstrated a complete lack of ability to govern ourselves, how much longer before we acknowledge the fact, maybe we shouldn't be independent in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Rockstar07: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: Policemen at the Ilorin railway station in the 1910s with no shoes.

1910? That's quite long. I remember my dad told me they don't wear shoe in 1940's.
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Rockstar07: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2014
NellyGhenghen: A colonial officer carried by servants in Lagos, 1910.

Hmmm! They're called also District officers (DO). They go from one location to another to give judgement for various offences also in the 40's
Re: Rare Powerful Photos From Nigeria's History. by Superstar007(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Who is Ajayi?
Samuel Ajayi crowther was a slave who later became the first ordained bishop from west africa and leader of the Aglican church. I think he also help translate the bible to yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage In A BRT Bus For Her 49-99 Concert In Obalende Lagos (Photos) / Photos Of Tiwa Savage And Teebillz In Happier Times / Tobi's Fans Bring Crown And Flowers To The Airport To Give Alex (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.