Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers (7827 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Every point in your post is noted, but I will correct this:

carefreewannabe: Truth be told you don't feel good about feminism and you look for anything outside that will confirm that you are right.
You have previously accused me of making some assumptions, this is what you're guilty of here yourself.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Just saw this:

carefreewannabe: You can do whatever you want when you start your own family, you just don't have the right to tell ALL WOMEN (and then equally men) how to run their families.
Funny coming from YOU, seeing that between both of us, you are the one incapable of letting other people's opinion slide by without taking digs and destructive swipes at it cheesy
Ask around if you have a hard time believing this, hypocrite much?

I just don't know how my issue with feminists who fight patriarchy suddenly equates my telling ALL women or men how to run their families…

Can't have one single complete argument with you lot without seeing some personal attacks...a woman will always be a woman anyway tongue
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by kandiikane(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
TribalEAST: explain how?
Because we are.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus post=/post/26829667:
Just saw this:

Funny coming from YOU, seeing that between both of us, you are the one incapable of letting other people's opinion slide by without taking digs and destructive swipes at it cheesy

Ask around if you have a hard time believing this, hypocrite much?

This part is not even worth one second of my attention.

I just don't know how my issue with feminists who fight patriarchy suddenly equates my telling ALL women or men how to run their families…

Define patriarchy and we will take it from there.

Can't have one single complete argument with you lot without seeing some personal attacks...a woman will always be a woman anyway tongue

Where did I attack you?
You divert the topics to my personality all the time thinking that you are entitled to tell me how to behave.
So much for hypocrisy.

When Cracky has no more
arguments, he will cry like a baby that someone attacked him svn though nobody has. grin

The same person says that feminists are against love, marriage and relationships. grin

Now define patriarchy.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus post=/post/26829315:
Every point in your post is noted, but I will correct this:

You have previously accused me of making some assumptions, this is what you're guilty of here yourself.

Wrong assumptions? This is not an assumption. It's OBVIOUS.

Stop diverting and address the points I have made instead of quoting lines out of context.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane post=/post/26829958:

Because we are.
iss that an explanation? When theysay feminists are dumb, some fools argue.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by kandiikane(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
TribalEAST post=/post/26831340:
iss that an explanation? When theysay feminists are dumb, some fools argue.

You are a very stup!d and useless individual who has nothing going for him except those two nuts he calls balls between his legs. Get the phuck out of here! Do you think everyone wants to entertain insecure men who have nothing better to do than come online to be internet warriors insulting people who don't want to entertain them. As a matter of fact, you and i are not equal, i am better than you in every aspect you can imagine, Bloody goat!

4 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane post=/post/26831818:

You are a very stup!d and useless individual who has nothing going for him except those two nuts he calls balls between his legs. Get the phuck out of here! Do you think everyone wants to entertain insecure men who have nothing better to do than come online to be internet warriors insulting people who don't want to entertain them. As a matter of fact, you and i are not equal, i am better than you in every aspect you can imagine, Bloody goat!
the thing pain am grin grin what makes you think you are better than me? Oh, cos you've got a juicy womanliness? Ok, I agree cool

4 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane:

I believe the two genders are equal....
hmmn
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by kandiikane(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
TribalEAST: the thing pain am grin grin what makes you think you are better than me? Oh, cos you've got a juicy womanliness? Ok, I agree cool

Once in a while use your brain rather than your nuts. wink
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane:

Once in a while use your brain rather than your nuts. wink
don't mind me for using my nuts, you were the one who presented me with something wet. Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Wrong assumptions? This is not an assumption. It's OBVIOUS.

Stop diverting and address the points I have made instead of quoting lines out of context.

You wish you made some pretty good points, hence my diversion.
Keep wallowing in your delusion grin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus:
You wish you made some pretty good points, hence my diversion.
Keep wallowing in your delusion grin

Keep running from sober arguments by playing a victim.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:
This part is not even worth one second of my attention.
Yet you replied it.
So much for the super-intellectual.

Define patriarchy and we will take it from there.
A social organization marked by the supremacy of the father in the clan or family, the legal dependence of wives and children, and the reckoning of descent and inheritance in the male line.

Where did I attack you?
You divert the topics to my personality all the time thinking that you are entitled to tell me how to behave.
So much for hypocrisy.
Twice I talked to you about confidence and cockiness, and it became 'all the time' in the mind of a super-intellectual? You must have been sipping the devil's juice when you referred to yourself as a super-intellectual...an insult to the geniuses who truly are.

Also, are you not the one who once refused to answer a question I asked on a thread, but instead diverted by saying I was aggressive? I asked the same question three times, till this moment you have not answered. grin

Trust me, you don't want to play this game of crushing egos with me...I'm pretty good at it, and you will end up hating me totally.

When Cracky has no more
arguments, he will cry like a baby that someone attacked him svn though nobody has. grin
Buahahaha... Unlike you, I do not have anything to prove to anyone on NL by constant replying and giving counter points when it's already clear we would never agree.

You said I have no right to tell ALL women how to run their marriages which I never did, that's an attack genius.

I was ready to reply each point bit by bit as I do now, fortunately I didn't have the time then. So if you think I have no more arguments, you really are quite a cocky lass.

The same person says that feminists are against love, marriage and relationships. grin
Coming from the same person who ignorantly referred to herself as a supporter of Post-feminism cheesy

I understand why you are now all of a sudden so aggressive...I schooled you, your excessive and very much mistaken sense of super-intelligence must have been crushed. grin

It's okay to sulk...and like I told you on that thread the other day, you cannot be right all the time.
Bow out while you still have your dignity.

Now define patriarchy.
I already did.

Now you also reply that post you ignored on the first page of this thread by claiming you were going to do some cooking and cleaning that I don't care about, for a boyfriend that I do not know or care to know. grin

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Keep running from sober arguments by playing a victim.
Lady, ten of you wearing war armor and holding the d1cks of imaginary men you have slain in your hands will not make me run grin

Unlike you, I fight my wars alone.

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus:
Lady, ten of you wearing war armor and holding the d1cks of imaginary men you have slain in your hands will not make me run grin

Then stick to my arguments instead of quoting random lines taken out of context.

Unlike you, I fight my wars alone.

I don't think so. But please tell me how I don't.

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus:
Yet you replied it.
So much for the super-intellectual.

I read it, took notice, replied. I didn't focus my attention on personal attacks coming from someone who constantly complains about such. Very simple.

A social organization marked by the supremacy of the father in the clan or family, the legal dependence of wives and children, and the reckoning of descent and inheritance in the male line.

And you have a problem with women who think this is unfair? grin
It doesn't surprise me. Of course, you do. Why would someone in power would give it up and share the "supremacy" with a "lesser being"?

Supremacy
a position in which you have more power, authority or status than anyone else
http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/supremacy

Twice I talked to you about confidence and cockiness, and it became 'all the time' in the mind of a super-intellectual? You must have been sipping the devil's juice when you referred to yourself as a super-intellectual...an insult to the geniuses who truly are.

What a contradiction!
Are you saying that you ONLY attacked me on grounds of my "cockiness" when you are AT THE SAME TIME insulting me on grounds of my intellect?

I don't think, you are in the position to judge my intellect. You have just proven so.

Also, are you not the one who once refused to answer a question I asked on a thread, but instead diverted by saying I was aggressive? I asked the same question three times, till this moment you have not answered. grin
Trust me, you don't want to play this game of crushing egos with me...I'm pretty good at it, and you will end up hating me totally.

You are not that important for me to hate you. kiss

Buahahaha... Unlike you, I do not have anything to prove to anyone on NL by constant replying and giving counter points when it's already clear we would never agree.

Am I the one following you or are YOU the one who has been following me?
See logic.

You said I have no right to tell ALL women how to run their marriages which I never did, that's an attack genius.

So if someone tells me that I have no right to kill a human being, then it's an attack?
Now who is "the genius"? grin

I was ready to reply each point bit by bit as I do now, fortunately I didn't have the time then. So if you think I have no more arguments, you really are quite a cocky lass.

More personal attacks. Were you not talking about hypocrisy before? grin

Coming from the same person who ignorantly referred to herself as a supporter of Post-feminism cheesy
I understand why you are now all of a sudden so aggressive...I schooled you, your excessive and very much mistaken sense of super-intelligence must have been crushed. grin

I can see how you "schooled" me. grin grin grin

Me? Aggressive?
Boy, it's a public holiday here. I am chilling. cool

It's okay to sulk...and like I told you on that thread the other day, you cannot be right all the time.
Bow out while you still have your dignity.

Bow out before you contradict yourself even more. wink

I already did.

Now you also reply that post you ignored on the first page of this thread by claiming you were going to do some cooking and cleaning that I don't care about, for a boyfriend that I do not know or care to know. grin

I live in the era of post-feminism because in my daily life I don't have to argue with people that women are NOT some sort of "lesser beings".
And I support any feminist in any other country where men are not even ashamed of telling them that they are some sort of "lesser beings" and in this way justify their "supremacy" and even abuse it on a daily basis.

This is the short version. I could have written an essay.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
TribalEAST: the thing pain am grin grin what makes you think you are better than me? Oh, cos you've got a juicy womanliness? Ok, I agree cool

grin grin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
[][b]don't mind me for using my nuts, you were the one who presented me with something wet. [/b]Goodbye

Bwhahahahahahaaha...
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I read it, took notice, replied. I didn't focus my attention on personal attacks coming from someone who constantly complains about such. Very simple.
You read it, TOOK NOTICE, didn't ignore but still went ahead in typing a response to inform me that it didn't get your attention? cheesy
This is how a super intellectual analyzes? What a joke.

Taking notice and replying to that effect equals giving attention genius grin

As for the complains? Lady you tripping...not once have I complained to you on this site.

First comment to you on the subject:
You know the line between confidence and cockiness is quite thin right?
Your reply:
So?

Second comment:
Remember that this about confidence and cockiness?
Your reply:
<I can't remember>

Tell me genius, which of these is a complain?..cos I sure as hell can see a question mark at the end of both.

And you have a problem with women who think this is unfair? grin
It doesn't surprise me. Of course, you do. Why would someone in power would give it up and share the "supremacy" with a "lesser being"?

Supremacy
a position in which you have more power, authority or status than anyone else
http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/supremacy
Lame, totally lame.

A woman who has a problem with patriarchy has no business being married.

What a contradiction!
Are you saying that you ONLY attacked me on grounds of my "cockiness" when you are AT THE SAME TIME insulting me on grounds of my intellect?
Look above for the times I talked to you about cockiness, both were questions genius - not attack.
As for your intellect, surely you're hurt.. you keep dwelling on this cockiness and intellect thing cheesy

First time I mentioned intellect to you was also as a question:
Do you consider yourself an intellectual? was the question genius cheesy
You replied, it's obvious…and I said, carry on

Miss super-intellectual genius, is that what you consider an attack?

I don't think, you are in the position to judge my intellect. You have just proven so.
Weak attempt.
I am not the one bursting a nerve trying to redeem herself from an obvious goof.

You are not that important for me to hate you. kiss
Another weak attempt.
I do not want to be important to a faceless, self-obsessed, conceited, pseudo intellectual who called herself a post-feminist.

Am I the one following you or are YOU the one who has been following me?
See logic.
Another accusation? Buahahaha... anything to massage your self-esteem.
Carefreewannabe, it may surprise you to learn that I do not follow you. I only encounter you on threads and quote you to joke around or correct you when necessary.

How who follows who and who doesn't got into this discourse is beyond me.
Such pettiness. You're a joke.

So if someone tells me that I have no right to kill a human being, then it's an attack?
Now who is "the genius"? grin
Isn't it clear yet?
You are the genius grin

More personal attacks. Were you not talking about hypocrisy before? grin
Isn't it personal attack season anymore?
You drew first blood, remember genius?

I can see how you "schooled" me. grin grin grin

Me? Aggressive?
Boy, it's a public holiday here. I am chilling. cool
Yes I schooled you, get over yourself.
Do you usually refer to your elders as 'boy', or is that another attempt to talk down at me genius?

Don't answer, I already know. grin

Bow out before you contradict yourself even more. wink
You mean before I school you further? Like I said before, it's okay to sulk...no shame in it, you're not right all the time.

I live in the era of post-feminism because in my daily life I don't have to argue with people that women are NOT some sort of "lesser beings".
And I support any feminist in any other country where men are not even ashamed of telling them that they are some sort of "lesser beings" and in this way justify their "supremacy" and even abuse it on a daily basis.
Bla bla bla, yada yada yada...you goofed and you have been schooled, get over yourself genius cheesy

This is the short version. I could have written an essay.
Who cares?
Certainly not I.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus:
You read it, TOOK NOTICE, didn't ignore but still went ahead in typing a response to inform me that it didn't get your attention? cheesy
This is how a super intellectual analyzes? What a joke.

Taking notice and replying to that effect equals giving attention genius grin

Not worth my attention again. grin

Moving on to the next point.

As for the complains? Lady you tripping...not once have I complained to you on this site.

First comment to you on the subject:
You know the line between confidence and cockiness is quite thin right?
Your reply:
So?
Second comment:
Remember that this about confidence and cockiness?
Your reply:
<I can't remember>

Tell me genius, which of these is a complain?..cos I sure as hell can see a question mark at the end of both.
Lame, totally lame.

I am so sorry, I was wrong. I forgot that you said it was a friendly gesture. grin

A woman who has a problem with patriarchy has no business being married.

Now this is going to be interesting.
Why has a woman who doesn't accept patriarchy no business being married?

Look above for the times I talked to you about cockiness, both were questions genius - not attack.
As for your intellect, surely you're hurt.. you keep dwelling on this cockiness and intellect thing cheesy

Yeah, let's not dwell any longer.

Moves on.

First time I mentioned intellect to you was also as a question:
Do you consider yourself an intellectual? was the question genius cheesy
You replied, it's obvious…and I said, carry on

And you asked me to use it against me later, which wasn't so hard to guess Mr Predictable. kiss

Miss super-intellectual genius, is that what you consider an attack?

This is what I consider a back-stabber failed attempt to attack me. wink

Weak attempt.
I am not the one bursting a nerve trying to redeem herself from an obvious goof.

Another weak attempt.
I do not want to be important to a faceless, self-obsessed, conceited, pseudo intellectual who called herself a post-feminist.

I don'T want to be anything, I JUST AM.

Another accusation? Buahahaha... anything to massage your self-esteem.
Carefreewannabe, it may surprise you to learn that I do not follow you. I only encounter you on threads and quote you to joke around or correct you when necessary.

Do you really want to go there? Answer!

How who follows who and who doesn't got into this discourse is beyond me.
Such pettiness. You're a joke.

Read your previous post and you will know. wink

Isn't it clear yet?
You are the genius grin
Isn't it personal attack season anymore?
You drew first blood, remember genius?

No need telling me how intelligent I am, I already know.

Yes I schooled you, get over yourself.
Do you usually refer to your elders as 'boy', or is that another attempt to talk down at me genius?
Don't answer, I already know. grin

Still chilling baby boy. kiss tongue

You mean before I school you further? Like I said before, it's okay to sulk...no shame in it, you're not right all the time.

I am not right all the time but you are wrong most of the time. cool

Bla bla bla, yada yada yada...you goofed and you have been schooled, get over yourself genius cheesy

I am so impressed.

Who cares?
Certainly not I.

Really? grin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by tintingz(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
[size=13pt]Feminist ehn...[/size]

[img]http://redeemingfeminism.files./2013/10/feminist-meme27.jpg?w=584[/img]
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 10:08am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Now this is going to be interesting.
Why has a woman who doesn't accept patriarchy no business being married?
She will only cause problems for herself and her family.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2014
crackhaus:

She will only cause problems for herself and her family.

How?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How?
She would lack total respect for her husband, or even if she respects him, would always second guess and critique his decisions.

It won't take very long before the man begins to act authoritative.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2014
crackhaus:

She would lack total respect for her husband, or even if she respects him, would always second guess and critique his decisions.

Apart from the fact that we got my father's name, our family was not based and run on the belief that my father has supremacy.
My mother didn't disrespect my father, though. On the contrary.

If decisions were made, my parents made them together.
If my mother expressed doubts regarding a decision my father wanted to make, my father would listen without feeling disrespected because he knew that my mother wants the best for him and the whole family.

It won't take very long before the man begins to act authoritative.

In patriarchal settings men hold the authority and act it out so I don't see how it prevents men from acting authoritative, which you consider a negative outcome of a marriage NOT based on male supremacy.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Apart from the fact that we got my father's name, our family was not based and run on the belief that my father has supremacy.
My mother didn't disrespect my father, though. On the contrary.
You seem to have a problem with the word 'supremacy'.
Clearly, my understanding of patriarchy isn't limited to men holding 'supremacy', it just means the man is held in high regard and has the power of final decision even if it has been deliberated on by himself and his wife.
This final decision of his remains as long as it isn't unfair to his wife and/or children.

About your parents, I'm sorry but you can't know every damn thing that went on between them.

If decisions were made, my parents made them together.
If my mother expressed doubts regarding a decision my father wanted to make, my father would listen without feeling disrespected because he knew that my mother wants the best for him and the whole family.
You sound like you were present every time a decision, argument, or conversation between them took place.
Expressing doubts is not what leads to disrespect.

In patriarchal settings men hold the authority and act it out so I don't see how it prevents men from acting authoritative, which you consider a negative outcome of a marriage NOT based on male supremacy.
What is your problem with the system of patriarchy, I need to know where your argument is birthed from.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 04, 2014
crackhaus:

You seem to have a problem with the word 'supremacy'.

I do in a family setting.

Clearly, my understanding of patriarchy isn't limited to men holding 'supremacy', it just means the man is held in high regard and has the power of final decision even if it has been deliberated on by himself and his wife.

It isn't limited to men holding supremacy but it is primarily based on this belief.
Men can be held in high regard without patriarchy.

My question now is why the man has the power of final decision?
And please, don't quote the Bible now. I am not here to discuss religion.

This final decision of his remains as long as it isn't unfair to his wife and/or children.

If his decision has no disadvantages for his wife and his children, then I don't see why a woman would disagree.

About your parents, I'm sorry but you can't know every damn thing that went on between them.

I have lived with them for a ver long time so I know enough. I don't have to know everything to know that my father would never DISRESPECT my mother by telling her that she is inferior to him.

You sound like you were present every time a decision, argument, or conversation between them took place.
Expressing doubts is not what leads to disrespect.

Like I said, we didn't grow up to believe that one of the parents is above the other or more important than the other or more powerful than the other.

What is your problem with the system of patriarchy, I need to know where your argument is birthed from.

This is my problem with patriarchy:

Patriarchy

a social organization marked by the supremacy of the father in the clan or family, the legal dependence of wives and children, and the reckoning of descent and inheritance in the male line; broadly : control by men of a disproportionately large share of power

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/patriarchy

I don't see why it is a man's birth right to have a disproportionate share of power.
I don't see why inheritance laws should favor male children and discriminate against female children.

And then I come online and see how men are proud to have the power to send their wives packing from "HIS" house when she, a dependent "lesser being" holds no power (see definition, see reality).
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I do in a family setting.
Supremacy does not automatically make the person that does not hold it 'inferior'.
There has to be a hierarchy of sorts in every system involving people for order to be maintained, it doesn't mean anyone on a lesser level is inferior to those above him/her.

A family operates on the same principle, the man must appear to his children as the one who makes final decision. Whatever happens in the bedroom out of earshot of everyone else is restricted therein, even if the woman is going to disagree, it will be in the absence of the kids.
When a decision is made, in the eyes of the children and relatives, the man has signed on it. This is what patriarchy means to me...it doesn't have to be 'supremacy', it just has to look that way in the eyes of the children.

It isn't limited to men holding supremacy but it is primarily based on this belief.
Men can be held in high regard without patriarchy.
The opposite of patriarchy is matriarchy, is that a better option then?.. the man is not held in high regard in the latter.

My question now is why the man has the power of final decision?
And please, don't quote the Bible now. I am not here to discuss religion.
I've never used religion to back up my arguments either.
As for your question, if the man does not have the power of final decision, is it now to be on the woman as the alternative?
Like I said before, it should appear so and be so in the eyes of the kids...it's not a fight for who has the final say, but a woman who sees fit to question & second guess the opinions of her husband in the presence of the kids is not very wise.

I have lived with them for a very long time so I know enough. I don't have to know everything to know that my father would never DISRESPECT my mother by telling her that she is inferior to him.

Like I said, we didn't grow up to believe that one of the parents is above the other or more important than the other or more powerful than the other.
Patriarchy doesn't mean inferiority to women, you should do well to understand this.
Like I said before, it is about hierarchy and order.

I don't see why it is a man's birth right to have a disproportionate share of power.
I don't see why inheritance laws should favor male children and discriminate against female children.
Herein lies the problem with feminists who think this way.
It is not a man's right to have more power, it is a man's right to have more power in his marriage or at least seem to. The men who misuse this does not automatically make it evil for everyone.

As for inheritance laws, there's a reason why women don't seem favoured. It is simply because they go on to marry into another family and acquire by marriage the right to the husband's property.
Men don't marry into another family, they are the ones who carry on their father's name and so it's just common sense that inheritance law favours them.

I don't see what a girl needs her father's property for when she still wants to lay claim to her husband's own, is it not greed?

And then I come online and see how men are proud to have the power to send their wives packing from "HIS" house when she, a dependent "lesser being" holds no power (see definition, see reality).
No comment.

Like I said before, rid yourself of the notion that all men see women as 'inferior' or 'lesser beings'.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by AfricanApple(f): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
they are feminazis. they shouldn't be given power else tinz will lalache
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
crackhaus:

Supremacy does not automatically make the person that does not hold it 'inferior'.
There has to be a hierarchy of sorts in every system involving people for order to be maintained, it doesn't mean anyone on a lesser level is inferior to those above him/her.

It does. I have to do what my boss hired me to do. If I don't meet her requirements, she will make me leave. I can't tell HER what to do. And I can't make her leave if she doesn't.

A family operates on the same principle, the man must appear to his children as the one who makes final decision. Whatever happens in the bedroom out of earshot of everyone else is restricted therein, even if the woman is going to disagree, it will be in the absence of the kids.
When a decision is made, in the eyes of the children and relatives, the man has signed on it. This is what patriarchy means to me...it doesn't have to be 'supremacy', it just has to look that way in the eyes of the children.

Sorry but this is hypocrisy.

I don't see why children can't grow up seeing that their parents make decisions together and that these decisions must be discussed openly and SOMETIMES negotiated.

The opposite of patriarchy is matriarchy, is that a better option then?.. the man is not held in high regard in the latter.

When you say that the man is not held in high regard in the system of matriarchy, then you agree that the mother is not held in high regard in the system of patriarchy. Then you should not wonder why women don't like it. You have given yourself the answer.

I don't want either and life is NOT about either or, black and white.

I've never used religion to back up my arguments either.

I know but religion is commonly used and abused to justify the distribution of power, I wanted to prevent being dragged into religious debates.
Not your fault.

As for your question, if the man does not have the power of final decision, is it now to be on the woman as the alternative?

No, they share it.
Let me give you an example.
When a child is born, he / she needs a name so both parents have to agree on a name they BOTH like. There is a pool of possible names, it won't be too hard to find one that they both like.

Like I said before, it should appear so and be so in the eyes of the kids...it's not a fight for who has the final say, but a woman who sees fit to question & second guess the opinions of her husband in the presence of the kids is not very wise.

Is it wise to question a mother's decision in front of the children?
If the father of my kids tells me in front our children that it is not a good idea to buy a new TV because some other bills have priority first, then I will agree and not feel disrespected because my children witnessed him giving me advice and vice versa.

If however, one of the parents disciplines the child and the other questions his / her methods in front of the kids, then it is not wise. And it wouldn't be wise of BOTH, the father AND the mother.

Patriarchy doesn't mean inferiority to women, you should do well to understand this.

It has for ages.
We wouldn't be here discussing it now and we wouldn't have all these debates on feminism if this institution hasn't considered and made women feel inferior. It is based on the belief that the father's opinion and thinking is superior.

The belief that a man can bring in a second wife without her consent is based on the belief that he has the final decision. Now ask yourself if you would want your wife to have the right to bring in a second husband without your consent.

The fact that many women are financially dependent on men is a result of patriarchy which has led to an unequal and unfair distribution of wealth and inheritance.

The many occurrences that we see on and off NL, in which a man can make a wife leave HIS house is a result of the belief that supremacy is his birth right.

Like I said before, it is about hierarchy and order.

A couple does NOT need to have a hierarchy.

Herein lies the problem with feminists who think this way.
It is not a man's right to have more power, it is a man's right to have more power in his marriage or at least seem to. The men who misuse this does not automatically make it evil for everyone.

Why is it a man's birth right to have more power in a marriage?

As for inheritance laws, there's a reason why women don't seem favoured. It is simply because they go on to marry into another family and acquire by marriage the right to the husband's property.

Why don't men go to marry into other families and acquire the wife's property?

Men don't marry into another family, they are the ones who carry on their father's name and so it's just common sense that inheritance law favours them.

Why not?

I don't see what a girl needs her father's property for when she still wants to lay claim to her husband's own, is it not greed?

Her husband's property is not HERS. When the husband decides to take it away from her (e.g. send her out of HIS house), he is free to do so.

No comment.

Like I said before, rid yourself of the notion that all men see women as 'inferior' or 'lesser beings'.

As long as you think that it is your birth right to be the superpower in the marriage (without giving me a GOOD argument why it is your birth right) and think that it is normal that girls must depend on husbands when it comes to inheritance, I will consider patriarchy a discrimination against women based on the belief that they are not good enough to have the same privileges men have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Family Relationship / Is It Right To Be A Second Wife? / Trendy Native Wears For The For Men, Women And Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.