Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers (7843 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
It is important to be aware that being a feminist is not about being a man hater and trying to dominate men in the world.

Those quotes up there are clearly from man haters.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
crackhaus:
America knows as always grin

Lol...one of then even said american preachers are not hypocritical
That you can know when he is dishonest..

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ crackhaus,I've seen this a million and one times before.
I remember in that my other thread that I stated it is for speech like this that some people think all feminists hate men because it actually gives them a nice cover to practise their man hating.

Just like culture, christainity or islam gives misogynists a nice cover to oppress and silence their women.

(I hope some obtuse person doesn't misunderstand this too: for their sake let me add. That they use a well meaning movement/religion to achieve personal vendetta)

But
That is all it is. a cover for some people to play out their innermost hidden agenda while hiding under the umbrella of a well meaning crusade/movement.

And you would do well to not mention me in the same thread with OP anytime in the future.
Dude cries blood at the mention of feminism.
Reminds me of dinachi.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
It's too hard to get around here.
andromida: It is important to be aware that being a feminist is not about being a man hater and trying to dominate men in the world.

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
cococandy: @ crackhaus,I've seen this a million and one times before.
I remember in that my other thread that I stated it is for speech like this that some people think all feminists hate men because it actually gives them a nice cover to practise their man hating.

Just like culture, christainity or islam gives misogynists a nice cover to oppress and silence their women.

(I hope some obtuse person doesn't misunderstand this too: for their sake let me add. That they use a well meaning movement/religion to achieve personal vendetta)

But
That is all it is. a cover for some people to play out their innermost hidden agenda while hiding under the umbrella of a well meaning crusade/movement.

And you would do well to not mention me in the same thread with OP anytime in the future.
Dude cries blood at the mention of feminism.
Reminds me of dinachi.

There are three waves of feminism, which do you belong to?

Hint:
One wave was all for dealing with women suffrage, voting and education rights, etc..

One wave was mostly about allowing women the freedom to express themselves artistically, sexxually, etc...

Another was about fighting patriarchy in the society, these are the radicals.

Each wave is peculiar to a particular time in history, hence you can only belong to the one that's in your lifetime.
Choose wisely tongue

The emboldened text in your post sounds like an order undecided
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I will come back to this but I have to do the cleaning shopping and cooking now, my man is coming soon and I want to spoil him.

WOW!!!

Very nice of you! Kinda surprised though!
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Who created the waves?
As in sea waves or ocean waves?

Do you know the definition of feminism?
That's my stand.

All this wave talk is a simple waste of time.
There are feminists and their are man-haters who use feminism to promote their cause.
Summarized.

Yes I'm serious angry
If it sounds like an order,no vex,add this at the beginning before you read it again: 'please'. Hope that settles it.

crackhaus:
There are three waves of feminism, which do you belong to?

Hint:
One wave was all for dealing with women suffrage, voting and education rights, etc..

One wave was mostly about allowing women the freedom to express themselves artistically, sexxually, etc...

Another was about fighting patriarchy in the society, these are the radicals.

Each wave is peculiar to a particular time in history, hence you can only belong to the one that's in your lifetime.
Choose wisely tongue

The emboldened text in your post sounds like an order undecided
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
A feminist who does not know the history of the movement..the waves are important madam

Cococandy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
A non feminist who knows more than all others undecided.

If you're speaking of waves,

What about the first wave(the girls right to vote and education bla bla bla) which is considered outphased, but is still on going some parts the world or only just recently phased out.

Or in this part of the world Nigeria where feminists are more about women being allowed to be themselves and what they chose to do without being defined or confined to a particular role?

Can we say different waves of feminism is on-going in different parts of the world?
Meaning that no waves is truly totally phased out.

Simple points are hard for you to grab sometimes.(Or you chose not to)
My point is that wave or no waves,feminism is basically the same thing everywhere.

Else we would have to look for 3 different definitions for each.
No point nitpicking to make one seem more less different and maybe hopefully acceptable to the anti-feminists.

pickabeau1: A feminist who does not know the history of the movement..the waves are important madam

Cococandy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
cococandy: Who created the waves?
As in sea waves or ocean waves?

That's my stand.

All this wave talk is a simple waste of time.
There are feminists and their are man-haters who use feminism to promote their cause.
Summarized.

Yes I'm serious angry
If it sounds like an order,no vex,add this at the beginning before you read it again: 'please'. Hope that settles it.

Yes adding please is better, thank you very much.

There's nothing like there are feminists and there are man-haters.
Man-haters were feminists themselves and were part of the second wave of feminism movement, some still exist till this day.

As for me knowing the definition of feminism, trust me I know. What I doubt is if you know exactly or if you do, you only know the definition associated with a particular wave of feminism.
The wave talk is not a waste of time, you are part of it whether you like it or not.
The people who created the waves are the people at the forefront of the feminist campaign at each particular point in history.

It is divided into waves to differentiate their ideologies and what they sought to achieve...and each wave usually altered or improved on the ideologies of its predecessor.

How I'm the one typing all of this to a self-proclaimed feminist who doesn't even know that there are waves of feminism is totally beyond me.

So I ask again, which one do you belong to? grin

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
OK.. grin grin
Enjoy your wave less feminism...

cococandy: A non feminist who knows more than all others undecided.

If you're speaking of waves,

What about the first wave(the girls right to vote and education bla bla bla) which is considered outphased, but is still on going some parts the world or only just recently phased out.

Or in this part of the world Nigeria where feminists are more about women being allowed to be themselves and what they chose to do without being defined or confined to a particular role?

Can we say different waves of feminism is on-going in different parts of the world?
Meaning that no waves is truly totally phased out.

Simple points are hard for you to grab sometimes.(Or you chose not to)
My point is that wave or no waves,feminism is basically the same thing everywhere.

Else we would have to look for 3 different definitions for each.
No point nitpicking to make one seem more less different and maybe hopefully acceptable to the anti-feminists.

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Because I said who created the waves. Sea waves or ocean waves should be enough reason to tell you that line was meant to be cheeky.

If you're going to be over-sabi, enjoy debating yourself.

crackhaus:
Yes adding please is better, thank you very much.

There's nothing like there are feminists and there are man-haters.
Man-haters were feminists themselves and were part of the second wave of feminism movement, some still exist till this day.

As for me knowing the definition of feminism, trust me I know. What I doubt is if you know exactly or if you do, you only know the definition associated with a particular wave of feminism.
The wave talk is not a waste of time, you are part of it whether you like it or not.
The people who created the waves are the people at the forefront of the feminist campaign at each particular point in history.

It is divided into waves to differentiate their ideologies and what they sought to achieve...and each wave usually altered or improved on the ideologies of its predecessor.

How I'm the one typing all of this to a self-proclaimed feminist who doesn't even know that there are waves of feminism is totally beyond me.

So I ask again, which one do you belong to? grin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Truckpusher(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is the kind of thread you'll find cococandy,bananabender and carefreewannabe etc sweating their asss out. cheesy
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Probably wouldn't have clicked on it if I wasn't mentioned.

Seems like it's becoming something of a habit around here.

Truckpusher: This is the kind of thread you'll find cococandy,bananabender and carefreewannabe etc sweating their asss out. cheesy
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
cococandy: Because I said who created the waves. Sea waves or ocean waves should be enough reason to tell you that line was meant to be cheeky.

If you're going to be over-sabi, enjoy debating yourself.

Before you start taking things personal and throwing jibes like 'over-sabi' around, we were never debating.

I only asked which you belonged to, you're the one who replied with the sea waves line which you now claim was just for humour.
But still you didn't state which one you belonged to after your supposed 'sea wave & ocean-wave' joke, leading me to believe you may not have been joking really.

So which era of feminism do you belong to?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
buyer beware!

MADRID on my mind

Those quotes up there are nothing but mumbled up jargons from deranged and frustrated women. And for those of you saying those women arent feminists, what then are they? at least they call themselves feminists and have been in the movement before many of you were born, those nonsense quotes no doubt promoted feminists ideology which many of you are holding unto today, so?? how come you prefer to call them men-haters? or is there a new movement/ideology known as man-hater?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Like I said before.
If you do, whatever era it fits into.
There's your answer.

crackhaus:
Before you start taking things personal and throwing jibes like 'over-sabi' around, we were never debating.

I only asked which you belonged to, you're the one who replied with the sea waves line which you now claim was just for humour.
But still you didn't state which one you belonged to after your supposed 'sea wave & ocean-wave' joke, leading me to believe you may not have been joking really.

So which era of feminism do you belong to?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by bukatyne(f): 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nashville:

WOW!!!

Very nice of you! Kinda surprised though!

Suprised as in feminists don't cook or eat?

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
crackhaus:
He wants you to see the light.

What wave of feminism do you belong to?

What light dear?

What wave of anti feminism do you belong to?

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Post-feminist wave, which has the best interest of MEN and WOMEN at heart.
look at you below

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Stupidity

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
crackhaus:
I'm happy for him.

Please do come back, it's about time I understand what exactly you ladies who associate with feminism are all & on about.

cococandy, sophyrocks, your attention is needed... tongue
she is not a feminist
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
andromida: It is important to be aware that being a feminist is not about being a man hater and trying to dominate men in the world.

Those quotes up there are clearly from man haters.

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
bukatyne:

Suprised as in feminists don't cook or eat?
but they drink in the below manner----

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bananabender, here's a banana that you ripped

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
EfemenaXY

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lol...this banana pic is funny
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
bwuahahahahaha funny gifs i swear grin.......Death to feminism, until women start paying groom price. Crazy beings cool
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

There is nothing to defend. Their comments are du*mb and I can't identify with them.

It's like telling a moderate Muslim to defend Boko Haram. It doesn't make sense.

enough said

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
pickabeau1: Lol...this banana pic is funny
LWKMD...i didnt see no banana, i only saw a pr1ck with balls/and or arsSe gringringrin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
shizzle11: LWKMD...i didnt see no banana, i only saw a pr1ck with balls/and or arsSe gringringrin
Lol
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trendy Native Wears For The For Men, Women And Kids / Help !!! My Cousin Is About To Marry A Prostitute(ashawo) / How To Prevent Divorce - Things You Should Establish In Early Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.