Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers (7840 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
This is just one of many examples on the web, there are others...you can check them out if you want to:

False or fake feminism.

When Women act or say they are self sufficient and don't need Men for happiness. Also striving for equal rights and equal standing.

Basically being independent from Men's help and becoming self sufficient, yet not dismissing the social perks. Which if they did, would make them truly self sufficient.

So if a woman feels she is happier with a man by her side, she cannot refer to herself as a feminist?

Note:
I am NOT saying that Women have no social disadvantages and that Men have no social advantages.

And I am saying that both, men and women, have social advantages and disadvantages.

Female: I'm not going to have sex right now, I don't want to. I should not be treated as an object because I am a Woman. I am going to be strong, I don't need any help from Men to be happy.

Male: Ok. I think that is good.

Female: Good, hold my bags and come shopping with me, and my birthday is coming up, buy me a gift. $500 minimum. tongue

Male: Cut the Pseudo-Feminism crap.

This example is unrealistic.

3 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by cococandy(f): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
You won't understand.
Wetin dey do me pass nairaland.
Story for another day
crackhaus:
When you quit getting upset over my antics of yesterday and today 'apparently', you'll begin to feel it.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
LOL...

So many -isms, not enough people to be -ismed
Leading to one person carrying multiple ideologies as they feel in their spirit
grin grin grin

crackhaus:
This is just one of many examples on the web, there are others...you can check them out if you want to…

Pseudo Feminism
False or fake feminism.

When Women act or say they are self sufficient and don't need Men for happiness. Also striving for equal rights and equal standing.

Basically being independent from Men's help and becoming self sufficient, yet not dismissing the social perks. Which if they did, would make them truly self sufficient.

Note:
I am NOT saying that Women have no social disadvantages and that Men have no social advantages.

Female: I'm not going to have sex right now, I don't want to. I should not be treated as an object because I am a Woman. I am going to be strong, I don't need any help from Men to be happy.

Male: Ok. I think that is good.

Female: Good, hold my bags and come shopping with me, and my birthday is coming up, buy me a gift. $500 minimum. tongue

Male: Cut the Pseudo-Feminism crap.

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So if a woman feels she is happier with a man by her side, she cannot refer to herself as a feminist?
A true feminist is all about girl power, equal standing/opportunity/intellectual capacity, in charge of her own life, choices, and most importantly her own happiness... How can such a woman be 'happier' only when a man is in her life and supporting her emotionally and otherwise?

You replied before I put the bit about 'social perks' in bold.

How does a true feminist who is all about self-sufficiency, equal earning and social power - still want to enjoy the benefits that come with being a woman, ergo, social perks?

And I am saying that both, men and women, have social advantages and disadvantages.
A feminist believes that the social disadvantages of being a woman grossly outweighs that of men, and that the advantages by direct proportionality is totally inconsequential compared to that of men.

In the mind of a feminist, men don't have problems in this world...and when one does, it's either his own fault or the fault of a submissive woman who let him have his way.

This example is unrealistic.
I'm sure you read through the example with the premise that each statement happened concurrently.

The first statement is probably by a feminist who is single and not dating or married.

Her second statement is probably after she finally got into the dating game.

The man in his first statement has no problem with a strong confident woman.

The same man now dating that woman he thought to be all self-sufficient is surprised to hear her talk about her upcoming birthday and how he should spoil her with gifts on that day.
He remembers her first statement about not needing a man to do stuff for her...she must have said that when he was trying morning, noon, and night to win her heart.

Is it still unrealistic?

4 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
cococandy: You won't understand.
Wetin dey do me pass nairaland.
Story for another day
Tell me about it na... IM things.

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
pickabeau1: LOL...

So many -isms, not enough people to be -ismed
Leading to one person carrying multiple ideologies as they feel in their spirit
grin grin grin

As the spirit leads Indeed. grin
Picking up multiple ideologies and not realizing that one might actually oppose the other in its basic agenda if carefully looked into.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
A true feminist is all about girl power, equal standing/opportunity/intellectual capacity, in charge of her own life, choices, and most importantly her own happiness... How can such a woman be 'happier' only when a man is in her life and supporting her emotionally and otherwise?

A true feminist. grin It reminds of some women who try to manipulate men by throwing around the phrase "real man". Just saying. wink

She can be happier because she is a human being, who like most people, needs to love and be loved.
This doesn't mean that she cannot take care of herself or that she can't be happy single.

Just because a feminist doesn't need a man to take care of her financially or otherwise, doesn't mean that she doesn't want to love and be loved.
I don't know who told you so?

How does a true feminist who is all about self-sufficiency, equal earning and social power - still want to enjoy the benefits that come with being a woman, ergo, social perks?

Which social perks?

A feminist believes that the social disadvantages of being a woman grossly outweighs that of men, and that the advantages by direct proportionality is totally inconsequential compared to that of men.

I believe that this is very true of some places in this world.

In the mind of a feminist, men don't have problems in this world...and when one does, it's either his own fault or the fault of a submissive woman who let him have his way.

Really? Says who?
I know plenty of feminists on and off NL who would strongly disagree.

I'm sure you read through the example with the notion that each statement happened concurrently.

You made it look like a dialogue.

The first statement is probably by a feminist who is single and not dating or married.

Her second statement is probably after she finally got into the dating game.

The man in his first statement has no problem with a strong confident woman.

The same man now dating that woman he thought to be all self-sufficient is surprised to hear her talk about her upcoming birthday and how he should spoil her with gifts on that day.
He remembers her first statement about not needing a man to do stuff for her...she must have said that when he was trying morning, noon, and night to win her heart.

Is it still unrealistic?

It is unrealistic and it is not representative of the feminists I know.
You have not described a feminist, you have described a selfish person.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by pickabeau1: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
grin grin grin
crackhaus:
As the spirit leads Indeed. grin
Picking up multiple ideologies and not realizing that one might actually oppose the other in its basic agenda if carefully looked into.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Misogynist2014(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
TribalEAST: carefreewannabe
Carefreewannabe is not a feminist. I am beginning to like her version of feminism but I only dislike her way of communication. As for tribaleast, don't kill yourself on feminist matters. I also was troubled when I first heard the word, women over there are getting the consequences of their actions. It is until you know the propaganda behind feminism, that is when your mind can be at state of rest like mine. Read this link http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Feminism/feminism_is_evil.htm I think carefreewannabe just wants women to be treated well and taken care of. I think we should all be feminists. That does not mean I'll stop being an internet warrior grin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:
........not representative of the feminists I know.

Feminists can be expected to be selfish because they are humans. Agree?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
BananaBender:

Feminists can be expected to be selfish because they are humans. Agree?

You know my answer but before anyone twists my words, I will say the following:

Any human being, man or woman, can be selfish or very selfish.
This is a personality trait.

wink wink wink
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
Sounds like one, types like one, aggressive like one, never accepting her wrong even when it's clear - like one...and most of all, supports the eradication of gender roles.
I'm sorry but I'd rather she say she isn't one herself...you know, for posterity sake wink

carefreewannabe has admitted she does not support doing away with 'traditional' gender roles, I typed this again for posterity sake. grin

cococandy and bukatyne don't know what wave of feminism they belong to...typed again for posterity sake.
lol....i get you bruv, not like i'm trying to defend her thou. In one of our conversations, i asked if she was a feminist and she clearly told me she isnt one. I agree on her aggressiveness thou, sometimes way too unnecessary, cheesy its in womens nature whenever they are on the defensive, they could be so verbally belligerent. cheesycheesy I consider her views a little more liberal than the official nairaland feminists, i need to reaffirm her position on this, i truly hope she isnt one thou
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You know my answer but before anyone twists my words, I will say the following:

Any human being, man or woman, can be selfish or very selfish.
This is a personality trait.

wink wink wink

Yep, you agree. grin

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
Misogynist2014: Carefreewannabe is not a feminist. I am beginning to like her version of feminism but I only dislike her way of communication. As for tribaleast, don't kill yourself on feminist matters. I also was troubled when I first heard the word, women over there are getting the consequences of their actions. It is until you know the propaganda behind feminism, that is when your mind can be at state of rest like mine. Read this link http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Feminism/feminism_is_evil.htm I think carefreewannabe just wants women to be treated well and taken care of. I think we should all be feminists. That does not mean I'll stop being an internet warrior grin

I didn't expect you to understand it so quickly. I didn't even expect you to understand it at all.

I am very happy about it, though.

kiss
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Misogynist2014(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I didn't expect you to understand it so quickly. I didn't even expect you to understand it at all.

I am very happy about it, though.

kiss
Stop selective quotation! It doesn't mean I think we are equal but I just think we should be treated equally, with adequate respect, while still respecting traditional roles to a logical and modern degree. smiley
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

A true feminist. grin It reminds of some women who try to manipulate men by throwing around the phrase "real man". Just saying. wink

She can be happier because she is a human being, who like most people, needs to love and be loved.
This doesn't mean that she cannot take care of herself or that she can't be happy single.
That's exactly what it means.

A self-sufficient and totally satisfied woman needs no man to offer her his love, she has all the love she'll ever need within her.
Also, if she needs a man to be 'happier', then that means she would otherwise only be half happy or not happy enough if there's no man in her life. QED

Just because a feminist doesn't need a man to take care of her financially or otherwise, doesn't mean that she doesn't want to love and be loved.
I don't know who told you so?
Be honest....for the average woman, is being taken care of financially mutually exclusive from being loved?

A feminist insists that she doesn't need a man to be fulfilled...whether this need is purely on finance or on love is trying to water it down by picking and choosing.
She doesn't need a man to be fulfilled, full stop: It includes his love, his money, his d1ck, etc..

Which social perks?
You know, I'd rather not dwell on them.

I believe that this is very true of some places in this world.
Not some.
A lot more places than you know or care to admit.

Really? Says who?
I know plenty of feminists on and off NL who would strongly disagree.
Of course you would say that.

Don't you think the problems of men are little compared to that of women in this world? Be honest.

You made it look like a dialogue.
Well I don't write movie scripts for a living, should I have included 'two years later' or 'sometime in the near future' before you get it? grin

It is unrealistic and it is not representative of the feminists I know.
A feminist at her deepest core is actually quite selfish...honestly.
Everything must be about her and her problems in the world when people (both men & women) are dying daily in wars, genocides, and politically motivated killings - others are dying of starvation, malaria, and Ebola in some places...feminists don't see this.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Misogynist2014: Stop selective quotation! It doesn't mean I think we are equal but I just think we should be treated equally, with adequate respect, while still respecting traditional roles to a logical and modern degree. smiley

I can live with your attitude.

I have just highlighted the parts I liked best.

Saying that "we are not equal but have to be treated equally, with adequate respect" is more than I hoped for. cheesy
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
shizzle11: lol....i get you bruv, not like i'm trying to defend her thou. In one of our conversations, i asked if she was a feminist and she clearly told me she isnt one. I agree on her aggressiveness thou, sometimes way too unnecessary, cheesy its in womens nature whenever they are on the defensive, they could be so verbally belligerent. cheesycheesy I consider her views a little more liberal than the official nairaland feminists, i need to reaffirm her position on this, i truly hope she isnt one thou
gringrin
Okay since you say she's clearly stated that she isn't one, I take your word for it.

Touché @emboldened
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
That's exactly what it means.

To you, not to me and not to plenty of other feminists. You have misunderstood something.

A self-sufficient and totally satisfied woman needs no man to offer her his love, she has all the love she'll ever need within her.
Also, if she needs a man to be 'happier', then that means she would otherwise only be half happy or not happy enough if there's no man in her life. QED

Since when is feminism about women saying they don't need men AT ALL?

Be honest....for the average woman, is being taken care of financially mutually exclusive from being loved?

I don't understand

A feminist insists that she doesn't need a man to be fulfilled...whether this need is purely on finance or on love is trying to water it down by picking and choosing.
She doesn't need a man to be fulfilled, full stop: It includes his love, his money, his d1ck, etc..

This is what YOU think feminism is about and now I know why you have such issues with it.

And again since when is feminism against love, marriage and relationships?

You know, I'd rather not dwell on them.

No, I don't. Tell me.

Not some.
A lot more places than you know or care to admit.
Of course you would say that.

Some is not the same as few. I didn't say a few so I have nothing to hide.

Don't you think the problems of men are little compared to that of women in this world? Be honest.

No, I don't think so.

Well I don't write movie scripts for a living, should I have included 'two years later' or 'sometime in the near future' before you get it? grin

You could have done better. Anyway.

A feminist at her deepest core is actually quite selfish...honestly.
Everything must be about her and her problems in the world when people (both men & women) are dying daily in wars, genocides, and politically motivated killings - others are dying of starvation, malaria, and Ebola in some places...feminists don't see this.

Just because I feel that women are treated unfairly in MANY places, doesn't mean I don't see other problems and don't care.
This again is a wrong conclusion.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by shizzle11(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
gringrin
Okay since you say she's clearly stated that she isn't one, I take your word for it.

Touché @emboldened
Yeah bruv, being like 3months or so we had the convo where she said that, otherwise i would easily dig it up for emphasis.smiley

Quite touche cheesycheesy
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
shizzle11: Yeah bruv, being like 3months or so we had the convo where she said that, otherwise i would easily dig it up for emphasis.smiley

Quite touche cheesycheesy
gringrin
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

To you, not to me and not to plenty of other feminists. You have misunderstood something.
What have I misunderstood?

Since when is feminism about women saying they don't need men AT ALL?
The ones that gave those quotes in the OP seem to be of that opinion, don't you think so?
The hypocrisy here is that some of them were married.

I don't understand
If she wants to be loved, a time will come when she'll also want to be taken care of financially by that man who loves her.
Both desires are not mutually exclusive, they can happen at the same time.

This is what YOU think feminism is about and now I know why you have such issues with it.
Not really what I think, it's what some feminists say that leads me to that conclusion.
I know about the agenda to end women suffrage, this is the one true feminism...every other agenda developed out of selfishness and self-centeredness.

And again since when is feminism against love, marriage and relationships?
One wave of feminism was against patriarchy, that about explains your question.

You could have done better. Anyway.
How do you mean?

Just because I feel that women are treated unfairly in MANY places, doesn't mean I don't see other problems and don't care.
This again is a wrong conclusion.
Okay.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by dinachi(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
Feminists are first-class hypocrites and selfish abusers who are only interested in their own evil desires!

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
What have I misunderstood?

Almost everything apart from the woman suffrage movement.

The ones that gave those quotes in the OP seem to be of that opinion, don't you think so?
The hypocrisy here is that some of them were married.

Like I said AT THE VERY BEGINNING, the quotes are dvmb and I can't identify with them.
Saying that they are representative of all feminists is like saying that BH is representative of ALL Muslims.

If she wants to be loved, a time will come when she'll also want to be taken care of financially by that man who loves her.

Assumption.

Both desires are not mutually exclusive, they can happen at the same time.

I still don't see why I would want to be taken care of financially.
And I don't see why a woman, who is for one reason or another financially taken care of, should NOT DEMAND respect.
And this is what feminism is ALL about broken down to a simple formula. Respect!

If you think that such a woman would not be able to fend for herself if you broke "the contract of your relationship" that you VOLUNTARILY went into, then try her! Maybe, she won't.

Not really what I think, it's what some feminists say that leads me to that conclusion.

Truth be told you don't feel good about feminism and you look for anything outside that will confirm that you are right.
But when you put your sentiments aside for one moment, you will come to see the other side of the coin and realize that NOT all women who support feminism, are the devils this thread wants them to be.

I know about the agenda to end women suffrage, this is the one true feminism...every other agenda developed out of selfishness and self-centeredness.

I partly agree. Woman suffrage is the most widely known and first popular movement. These women wanted the same political, economic and social rights.

Saying that everything that followed this movement is selfish and then consequently unnecessary means that women have all these rights they have wanted for so long.

What I fail to understand though is how you can NOT SEE that it is very normal for people to call women "lesser beings" on a daily basis and say that they have all they wanted. undecided

One wave of feminism was against patriarchy, that about explains your question.

You and your waves. If you keep digging and digging you will find oil in the ocean.

You can do whatever you want when you start your own family, you just don't have the right to tell ALL WOMEN (and then equally men) how to run their families.

So if a woman wants to have a matriarchy, let her find her perfect fit and that's it. Families are private business.

How do you mean?

Not so important.

Okay.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by bukatyne(f): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
Sounds like one, types like one, aggressive like one, never accepting her wrong even when it's clear - like one...and most of all, supports the eradication of gender roles.
I'm sorry but I'd rather she say she isn't one herself...you know, for posterity sake wink

carefreewannabe has admitted she does not support doing away with 'traditional' gender roles, I typed this again for posterity sake. grin

cococandy and bukatyne don't know what wave of feminism they belong to...typed again for posterity sake.

Why are you giving yourself headache over what wave we are?

We might never meet you know

3 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus:
I'm not actually anti-feminism, I'm anti-pseudofeminism wink

I am anti pseudo anything myself

I do not do 1 leg in and another out
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by kandiikane(m): 1:24am On Oct 03, 2014
TribalEAST: look at you below
This is rubbish, all you want to do is make it seem like it's only black and white. There are many women who want equal rights who also pay for their meals and even pay for the guys meals. There are many women who want to contribute. I don't know what kind of women you have been around but there are many of us who are willing to go in our pockets and pay.

I believe I understand carefreewannabe's point about choice although I didn't read everything. I believe everyone should have a choice to choose the roles they want to take part in society and not just accept the roles society has placed on them. The key word here is choice, many feminist cook clean and and become housewives not because it was imposed on them but because they want to, just like having two gay dudes and one of them decides to stay home and look after their adopted children. There is no difference, they are both two human beings, who decided they wanted to stay home and look after the children.

Parents should start teaching their children that it is okay, for any gender to be go-getters and it is also ok for both genders to be home to take care of the child. Any gender can look after their child. I was watching a Nigeria movie called family man in which the guy was the sole caretaker and provider of his sisters after their parents died. He even went to look after the sisters when they gave birth. He took care of the baby, cooked, fed and even wanted to press the sister's stomach for her. This made me realise that this scenario actually happens in real life, if you are left to take care of your children as a man, you will most likely be doing the same. You will have no choice but to make sure you cook, clean for your children unless maybe if you have the luxury of affording a maid.
There are also male maids, washmen etc, if all this happens what makes you think gender barriers are impossible to break? It is happening right in front of you yet people still go to the extent of saying gender roles are genetic. What bullshyt!

Going back to my point on choice, a woman has a right to choose her role as a human being and not imposed on her as a woman. She can choose to work or she can choose to stay home and a man also has the right to choose which role he wants and not what is imposed on him. There are now many good relationships where fathers bond with their kids because they are at home. A man should not be ashamed of this. There is nothing wrong in cooking and cleaning in your house, if a man was brought up in that manner he won't see it as a problem to cook and clean his own house. It is ok for a man to also be nurturing and caring.

The brains of fathers who become the primary caregiver for their children show similar patterns to those seen more regularly in mothers, according to a study testing the neurological basis of parenting.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-26/fathers-brains-change-for-role-as-primary-caregiver.html

If a man wants to strictly adhere to the gender roles, wants full submission and all that rubbish, one should expect him to meet all her needs, if he cannot do such then he is useless to her.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Acidosis(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane

are you a feminist/do you support the movement?
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by kandiikane(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Acidosis: kandiikane

are you a feminist/do you support the movement?

I believe the two genders are equal....

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2014
bukatyne:

Why are you giving yourself headache over what wave we are?

We might never meet you know

Why do you give yourself headache by commenting on threads on NL to give advice and your opinion on topics?

You may never meet most people here you know

1 Like

Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by crackhaus: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2014
bukatyne:

I am anti pseudo anything myself

I do not do 1 leg in and another out
Good to know.
Re: Quotes By Famous Feminist Speakers by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2014
kandiikane:

I believe the two genders are equal....
explain how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trendy Native Wears For The For Men, Women And Kids / List Of Nigerian Popular School Rhymes & Poems / How To Prevent Divorce - Things You Should Establish In Early Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.