Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others (5124 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Orders Chevron To Provide Electricity To Delta Oil Communities / Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 11:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
Stop giving excuses for your failure Mr.
The same Nigeria Nigeria education system that produced Chinua Achebe? Wole Soyinka? And many technocrats and world acclaimed great men. You are even proud to call yourself failure.

I've never seen such inferiority complex all my life.

Actually am letting u know how stupid you are .yet you mistake it for being smart!... Because am a ghanaian does it mean I schooled in Ghana .. U talk like u have been living in a village all your life.. There are great people from both educational system. And I am one of them and proud to have passed through such.. But if you feel that uu can come and discredit the ghanaian system..when you don't even know a thing..u are joking.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2014
iamord:

Actually am letting u know how stupid you are .yet you mistake it for being smart!... Because am a ghanaian does it mean I schooled in Ghana .. U talk like u have been living in a village all your life.. There are great people from both educational system. And I am one of them and proud to have passed through such.. But if you feel that uu can come and discredit the ghanaian system..when you don't even know a thing..u are joking.
Is it not the same ghanaian schools nigerians who failed jamb ran to? Or the one where the nigerians study in, lack adequate basic infrastructure?
Spare me your crap.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by benega: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Nobleval: oct 30 2012! When will you ever be serious?
I can nw see ur taking ghana weed.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 11:28am On Oct 02, 2014
benega: click dis link ; [url]dailyindependentnig.com/2012/10/nigeria-to-export-more-electricity-to-benin-togo-ghana-others/[/url] hope it clears ur doubts tongue Nobleval take note too.

Oga I have gone through your link .. And I can see you know little and have little understanding of the link you posted.

The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a
cooperation of the national electricity
companies in Western Africa under the
auspecies of the Economic Community of
West African States (ECOWAS). The
members of WAPP are working for
establishing a reliable power grid for the
region and a common market for
electricity

“He maintained that
Nigeria was not supplying
power to nations that were
better of in term of
electricity usage, stressing
that “it is a little bit
impossible that we can be
giving out much more
than we need. The issue of
giving power to our West
African sub-region is part
of what we look at as
integration. It is because
market has not really
grown to a mature state, ”

“When a particular
country needs more and
they have more than
required at that particular
time in another country
they send to that end. So it
is two ended thing that
you can pass power on
both sides. This is the
ultimate aim of the West
African Power Pool,

I doubt you understand the passage clearly.

@ the moment nigeria only supplies ghana gas to power its thermal power station..
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2014
chinasaekpere: what point? Nigerian president has a very low IQ for spewing gibberish without in-depth understanding, Nigerians are dummies.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2014
benega: I can nw see ur taking ghana weed.
hmmm...if it makes me reason well...yea.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
Is it not the same ghanaian schools nigerians who failed jamb ran to? Or the one where the nigerians study in, lack adequate basic infrastructure?
Spare me your crap.

Guy just hear yourself! from your post I will take it that the nigerians that go to ghanaian schools are dull cos that's what u mean here ,cos they could not pass jamb.. The rubbish jamb that you and I know that is supposed to be scrapped .. That is a money making venture is the one you are now bringing up to score some cheap points.. The same jamb that people go to runz center to pass now makes them better than their nigerian counterparts in ghana that seek a legit admission with the works of their hand . How good of you. Just look how far you can go to discredit your people.. You don't have sense.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by benega: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Nobleval: hmmm...if it makes me reason well...yea.
a mad man thinks his the wisest man.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
iamord:

Guy just hear yourself! from your post I will take it that the nigerians that go to ghanaian schools are dull cos that's what u mean here ,cos they could not pass jamb.. The rubbish jamb that you and I know that is supposed to be scrapped .. That is a money making venture is the one you are now bringing up to score some cheap points.. The same jamb that people go to runz center to pass now makes them better than their nigerian counterparts in ghana that seek a legit admission with the works of their hand . How good of you. Just look how far you can go to discredit your people.. You don't have sense.
Check the records, almost if not every candidate who used expo to write recent JAMB exams failed or had his/her result withheld for exam malpractise.
Few however go to Ghana for education, and they end up at the best Ghanaian universities. But the true Nigerians who desire or seek quality education go to America, Europe or SA for it.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Iriruaga100(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Ghana is seeking bail-out from IMF want to supply electricity to others. This man talk too much. He should complete ghana gas first.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2014
chinasaekpere: oga shut up, ghana cannot light up nigeria with just 2100MW installed power capacity. Nigeria's electricity requirement is far ahead of that of ghana. Your president is a dummy.

Whats the use of you getting a formal education when in the long run you can't still make sense.. Did the president state when they will start the supply?? Did he state the means?? Did he also state that its from the 2100MW?? This are the things you are supposed to have looked at before you come up here to make a fo.ol of yourself. Do you have any idea, the amount of power projects on going in the country and the MW they will make up for.. To see if that will be achieved..the president and the wonderful people of ghana as a whole don't care about your stupid opinion and reservations. Cos even in the midst of no bodies like your type.. You arre too low to be picked to make a contribution
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
benega: a mad man thinks his the wisest man.
undecided
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by peziz(f): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
iamord:

Whats the use of you getting a formal education when in the long run you can't still make sense.. Did the president state when they will start the supply?? Did he state the means?? Did he also state that its from the 2100MW?? This are the things you are supposed to have looked at before you come up here to make a fo.ol of yourself. Do you have any idea, the amount of power projects on going in the country and the MW they will make up for.. To see if that will be achieved..the president and the wonderful people of ghana as a whole don't care about your stupid opinion and reservations. Cos even in the midst of no bodies like your type.. You arre too low to be picked to make a contribution

Calm down dude. You seem to be the only Ghanian who hardly throw tantrum around. Don't get mad with my fellow Nigerian brothers. You know how defensive they can get with issues as regarding Nigeria and Ghana. I know you're are familiar with these issues too.

Don't mind them ooh! Just continue to communicate without insults.

All my Nigerian brothers Oya take it easy with this fella here. He's actually amongst the few Ghanaians here who don't just go out supporting blindly rather he argues logically. Try and communicate with him, argue and disagree where necessary without resulting to insults. Really it's tiring seeing all this bickering and e-fights all the time. The thing no dey tire una? Iamord I apologize on their behalf.

Let's learn to tolerate one another.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by londoner: 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
iamord:

This is what I expect some of your compatriots to say instead of talking bs.. Of course so far as development is concerned in africa no one is carrying last.. Its the same case as nigeria supplying gas to ghana.. Because nigeria supplies ghana gas does not mean that ghana is not making efforts to utilize her own gas and become self sufficient.. So of course the president knows that very well .but till then.. If he believes they can meet up the target due to their forecast, then there is no problem..if nigeria says they won't buy , there are other countries.. Its that simple ,, this thread just exposes how immature and foolish some black people can be..seriously!

Yeah, but I don't think Mahama should have stated spcific countries, as if those countries mentioned will "of course" be in need and willing to buy. That is an assumption that should not be made imo. specially by a president.
He can state the targets you are set to meet for Ghana and mention possibility of export, but to name countries was needless. Especially if there is no agreement to be supplied by Ghana.

I honestly don't think he is aware of the moves in Nigeria regarding electricity and power generation. Ghana will also one day not be supplied with gas from Nigeria, that's true. If we find more reserves, would it be right for GEJ to announce a greater export to Ghana, in ignorance of Ghana's own oil and gas find and plans in place?

p.s.....coollu temper hun wink
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by iamord(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
Check the records, almost if not every candidate who used expo to write recent JAMB exams failed or had his/her result withheld for exam malpractise.
Few however go to Ghana for education, and they end up at the best Ghanaian universities. But the true Nigerians who desire or seek quality education go to America, Europe or SA for it.

Sincerely am surprised as to how far you can go to dis prove your fellow Nigerians in ghana just to show how “low” ghana is.. Well Thanks for making it clear that they are not the real nigerians,.. The parents that thought they want the best for their children, the parents that are scared of their children being influenced by the level of moral decay in universities, the parents that know that their children deserve a better learning environment ,the child that is tired of being in nigeria and would want more exposure ,the same people that want to make it in life to come back and contribute to the workforce of nigeria, the lecturer that has been in the nigerian educational system and knows it like the back of his hands but still insist his child go to ghana, the politician that feels with the money he has, instead of him buying the “prestigious Jamb exam” for his child he rather send him or her to “relegated” ghana. All this people are not true nigerians.. Its clear now.. You see Its people like you that sell Africa or even dash out for free.. Cos of your hate for a fellow black people, its better they go abroad than go to any african country.. If it not your country.. Then no one.. Empty pride and ego. You have total disregard for black people. And don't appreciate what ever comes out of a black man.. And you are ever ready to suppress him at all cost ..pull him down syndrome has become your anthem. The south africa that you called .when you are done with ghanaians here you will go and say the same thing when talking against south africans.. You are deceiving yourself.. And living in self denial. Mind you, you are talking with someone that has passed through the jamb system.. I feel so sorry for u
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
iamord:

Sincerely am surprised as to how far you can go to dis prove your fellow Nigerians in ghana just to show how “low” ghana is.. Well Thanks for making it clear that they are not the real nigerians,.. The parents that thought they want the best for their children, the parents that are scared of their children being influenced by the level of moral decay in universities, the parents that know that their children deserve a better learning environment ,the child that is tired of being in nigeria and would want more exposure ,the same people that want to make it in life to come back and contribute to the workforce of nigeria, the lecturer that has been in the nigerian educational system and knows it like the back of his hands but still insist his child go to ghana, the politician that feels with the money he has, instead of him buying the “prestigious Jamb exam” for his child he rather send him or her to “relegated” ghana. All this people are not true nigerians.. Its clear now.. You see Its people like you that sell Africa or even dash out for free.. Cos of your hate for a fellow black people, its better they go abroad than go to any african country.. If it not your country.. Then no one.. Empty pride and ego. You have total disregard for black people. And don't appreciate what ever comes out of a black man.. And you are ever ready to suppress him at all cost ..pull him down syndrome has become your anthem. The south africa that you called .when you are done with ghanaians here you will go and say the same thing when talking against south africans.. You are deceiving yourself.. And living in self denial. Mind you, you are talking with someone that has passed through the jamb system.. I feel so sorry for u
I'm sorry the truth hurts bro.
But you and I know SA has better educational system than Ghana and even Nigeria. It was not so in the past, but so it is now.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by londoner: 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
I'm sorry the truth hurts bro.
But you and I know SA has better educational system than Ghana and even Nigeria . It was not so in the past, but so it is now.

Ghana's educational system is better overall than Nigeria's, imho. That is the reason Nigerians go there to study. There is structured investment in education and a more productive culture on campuses in Ghana. There is an absence of some of the vices and hurdles that have become common place in Nigeria.

Students overall, can just concentrate on their studies.

Nigeria's education system was once also respected, but we have fallen away from it and need to start the journey to getting back on course. In fact, in this regard we should be learning from both Ghana and SA.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Walelavender(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
I received the news with 'cold laughter' running through my spine. African leaders should know that talk is extremely cheap. We won't be carried away by their propaganda without actions. Will this news now make Ghana the new economic hub. I say no! African leaders are far behind in policy implementation. Supplying power to more than 170million population is not a joke. President John should stop from scoring a cheap economic point. QED!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by mrham03(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
chinasaekpere: The total electricity generated by ghana can't serve lagos alone.
blah blah blah! Nigga what do u know about GHANA?
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
londoner:

Ghana's educational system is better overall than Nigeria's, imho. That is the reason Nigerians go there to study. There is structured investment in education and a more productive culture on campuses in Ghana. There is an absence of some of the vices and hurdles that have become common place in Nigeria.

Students overall, can just concentrate on their studies.

Nigeria's education system was once also respected, but we have fallen away from it and need to start the journey to getting back on course. In fact, in this regard we should be learning from both Ghana and SA.

Google this 'Nigerian students study in one block Portakabin Ghanaian university'.
Come back later and tell me your findings.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Awalla: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
This Ghanaross eeeh!!!! , their loud mouth president can never stop looking for international fake credit, keep deceiving your people because you know that they are. ......, how can you ever say that you will export power to other country when electricity has not reached even upto 55% of you country, how can you stand there and rap your citizen like that while as I type this the country is battling to have average of 12 hours light a day , how can you say this when generator is the most sort after commodity in Ghana now . Oh stop deceiving your people Mr. Mahama.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by londoner: 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
Google this 'Nigerian students study in one block Portakabin Ghanaian university'.

I don't need to check on the net. I've been to Ghana and have visited some of their universities. I have seen how seriously they take education and how equipped the places I have seen have been.

Ask those studying there, why they would rather be in a portakabin, then in a Nigerian classroom.

Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by mrham03(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
0rlando0woh:
My guy stop talking trash, Ghana cannot even provide elctricity for the few houses that are connected to their grid let alone export it.
They struggle to generate up to 1000MW.
People like you just jump at any opprtunity to attack Nigeria. I am sure you are one of those spreading the lies that Ghana went 25 years without power failure whereas in reality they haven't even gone 25 days of uninterrupted power supply
total crap! Ghana provides e.c.g to more 75% of its citizens and its neighbours like togo and benin. Whats wrong if we add naija to the list ? Is it ghana's fault that nigerians cant use family planning methods? Is it ghana's fault that your leaders lack forsight and vision? We GHANAIANS just want to help u nigerians to prevent u from celebrating other independence days without power. GHANA THE HOPE OF AFRICA!
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by londoner: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrham03: total crap! Ghana provides e.c.g to more 75% of its citizens and its neighbours like togo and benin. Whats wrong if we add naija to the list ? Is it ghana's fault that nigerians cant use family planning methods? Is it ghana's fault that your leaders lack forsight and vision? We GHANAIANS just want to help u nigerians to prevent u from celebrating other independence days without power. GHANA THE HOPE OF AFRICA!

Lol......you got jokes my brother. I'll give you that. You love to stir the pot, don't you? Naughty, naughty.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
londoner:

I don't need to check on the net. I've been to Ghana and have visited some of their universities. I have seen how seriously they take education and how equipped the places I have seen have been.

Ask those studying there, why they would rather be in a portakabin, then in a Nigerian classroom.

Yes you visited some of their universities, did you visit all? You might have visited some of their best universities, have you visited some of Nigeria's best universities.
Do so, and tell me your findings.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ghana wey Nigerian students dey study for one single block. Na em dem dey tell me here say they go to Ghana to have quality tertiary education.

Nonsense.
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by mrham03(m): 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
chinasaekpere: you are a result of a ravaged educational system, common sense will have pushed you to check the capability of ghana power sector before messing yourself up like your president. Equip yourself by Checking ghana power sector statistics before bringing me down to the level of your un-enlightened president.
and u are a result of what? lack of family planning. U wouldnt have been born if ur parents used condoms during their ****** encounters. U have no use on earth. Totally useless with no aim and ambition. How can nigerians progress with people like u?
Re: Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others by londoner: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vessi:
Yes you visited some of their universities, did you visit all? You might have visited some of their best universities, have you visited some of Nigeria's best universities.
Do so, and tell me your findings.

You're right. I have not visited Nigeria's best. However, the trend of Nigerians going to study in Ghana is a reality. So are the vices in Nigerian universities.

There is a reason they are going and that was after so many periods of strikes, cultist behaviour, exam malpractice, "sex for grades" etc.

It may not be as bad now, but people want to just concentrate on their education, in peace.

Why do you think that Nigerians are opting for study in Ghana, then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does "In Like Sum Of" Depict In The Court Of Law? / Germany Tells Netanyahu: We Are Responsible For The Holocaust -BBC / BREAKING NEWS (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.