Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,305 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227999 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HarmLessAkpi: 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
BuddahMonk:

I just want Obiano to pay attention to Nnewi Rd, i want him to dualize major roads, dualize Atani Rd, ban posters and billboards, ban Okada and finance BRT.

He shld replace IDC with Arab Contractor

Obiano should do those as soon as possible, am loving the dude walahi

Banning of Okada riders won't be easy oh.
Even if he wants to ban okada, he should only ban okada at awka because if he bans okada at Onitsha and Nnewi, I don't know what the outcome will be like.

Bro its not that easy oh.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
BuddahMonk:

I just want Obiano to pay attention to Nnewi Rd, i want him to dualize major roads, dualize Atani Rd, ban posters and billboards, ban Okada and finance BRT.

He shld replace IDC with Arab Contractor

Obiano should do those as soon as possible, am loving the dude walahi

You know everything cant be done at once.
However,he made mention of dualizing all the major roads.
Lets give him some time because the man is just getting started.
IDC need better equipment,designers ....thats all.
Thise Arab contractors do they have two head?
If we dont patronize those local contractors they wont grow to develop high quality performance.
There are somr sacrifices we make sometimes in other to get to the top.
Take Innoson Motors for example;If Peter Obi didn't build infrastructure to his factory,encouraged him by purchasing thousands of vehicles from him he wouldn't have gotten where he is today. We need to be meticulous and wise so we dont shoot ourselves in the leg.
Leadership is more than just finding a good contractors and building roads...There are some very clever calculating edge one need to possess to bring about that rare change and revolution.

I see people come here everyday singing praises of Fashola or even Chime but when you do a thorough assessment of these states in all sectors you wont need a seer to tell you who is a failure.

Take Anambra for instance: Anambra didn't spend more than what Rivers,Lagos,Akwaibom and even Bayelsa spent in Education but Anambra is leading them all with so much margin....Now,ask yourself what Obi did to pull that off. Thats where the genius in a man comes in. And those who dont have that edge falls behind. We must be thorough,prudent,discipline and extremely economical in everything we do if we must not sink our dear state into debt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
Bros uchem diya but just that am running out of patience, Anambra would have gone farther if not what PDP did to us.

OdenigboAroli:

You know everything cant be done at once.
However,he made mention of dualizing all the major roads.
Lets give him some time because the man is just getting started.
IDC need better equipment,designers ....thats all.
Thise Arab contractors do they have two head?
If we dont patronize those local contractors they wont grow to develop high quality performance.
There are somr sacrifices we make sometimes in other to get to the top.
Take Innoson Motors for example;If Peter Obi didn't build infrastructure to his factory,encouraged him by purchasing thousands of vehicles from him he wouldn't have gotten where he is today. We need to be meticulous and wise so we dont shoot ourselves in the leg.
Leadership is more than just finding a good contractors and building roads...There are some very clever calculating edge one need to possess to bring about that rare change and revolution.

I see people come here everyday singing praises of Fashola or even Chime but when you do a thorough assessment of these states in all sectors you wont need a seer to tell you who is a failure.

Take Anambra for instance: Anambra didn't spend more than what Rivers,Lagos,Akwaibom and even Bayelsa spent in Education but Anambra is leading them all with so much margin....Now,ask yourself what Obi did to pull that off. Thats where the genius in a man comes in. And those who dont have that edge falls behind. We must be thorough,prudent,discipline and extremely economical in everything we do if we must not sink our dear state into debt.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Bros uchem diya but just that am running out of patience, Anambra would have gone farther if not what PDP did to us.

I know; Obasanjo,Ngige and the Uba family took us twenty years back.
If not Anambra would have gotten too far for anybody to see her back.
Mana ewelugo m fancha tinye Olisa na aka.

Its gonna take another three to four years for you to start seeing the Anambra of your dream but we will get there with patience and perseverance.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
Retail business in the eastern part of Nigeria is in upward momentum as African Capital Alliance (ACA), a leading private equity investment firm in Nigeria, in collaboration with Anambra State Government are perfecting arrangements to open a retail mall in Onitsha by the second quarter of 2015.

Known as Onitsha Mall, the retail outlet which would be anchored by Shoprite, a well known South African retail brand that currently dominates retail business in Nigeria, will contain about 51 stores of various sizes. Construction work on the mall has reached 64 percent completion and would be 100 percent completed before the proposed opening date of 2015.

Research has shown that Onitsha is the fifth fastest growing city in the world with the biggest market in West Africa known as ‘Onitsha Main Market’. It is the economic nerve centre and the gateway to the eastern part of Nigeria. It is known to be a major commercial city in the South-East Nigeria, and according to the promoters of the mall, these were part of the reasons they chose to situate the multi-million naira project in Onitsha.

Also, Onitsha Mall will offer a serene shopping experience to retailers and customers with features such as 12,100 square meters of net lettable space; 24 hours electricity and security; over 500 parking bays; six local and international restaurants; central air conditioning; ATM gallery and an average of five stores reserved for banks.

According to the developer, the lucrative business environment, which provides huge investment opportunities for investors, is another major reason for building Onitsha Mall that would be the first of its kind in the city.

Obi Nwogugu, representative of African Capital Alliance, told those who attended the 0nitsha Mall Retailers Forum held in Lagos recently that the vision of Anambra State government and ACA for the Onitsha Mall was to build an infrastructure that would attract private capital into the state.

Nwogugu, who noted that Anambra State was ranked second in telecommunications disposable income and highest in commercial and microfinance banks branches in the Eastern Nigeria, also said that the city recently attracted investment worth $120 million from South African Breweries, which is currently planning to double its investment due to the success of the business.

“Onitsha Mall is a development project sponsored by African Capital Alliance and the Anambra State Government while Diamond Bank is the debt financier of the project. In terms of safety of lives and property, the state has recently received a significant investment in security equipment and personnel in the city, which created an enabling environment for business to thrive,” Nwogugu added.

Explaining the basis for the construction work, Chuka Okoye, project manager, Pro-M Limited, who stated that the construction work currently being handled by Akiota Works Limited, which took over from the former contractor, Technics Construction Company, assured that the project would be completed before the opening date of May 2015.

He slated February 1, 2015 as the proposed date for all the tenants to start occupying their spaces as the beneficial occupation shall be granted to tenants to commence their shop fit-outs, which is expected to take 30 to 60 days before the opening date.

“The mall, which would be managed by Broll Nigeria Limited on completion, is located at the old Anambra Broadcasting building at Park Street, off Awka Road in Onitsha. The road leading to Park Street has been dualised and resurfaced with traffic lights by the state government to accommodate the volume of human and vehicular traffic on the road at the take-off of the mall,” Okoye explained.

Chuka Uroko

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by lordnammy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Anambra adigo nma
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OneNaira6: 12:07am On Oct 06, 2014
Chiwude:
Has Chino come out to deny that moniker. He has'nt? I think Odenigbo Aroli, Chino, Lasgidi Owner, Alaba boss are the same person. I keep saying it that Chino isn't Igbo, you guyz keep doubting me. A person may speak Igbo might not mean he is Igbo. That same Chino attacks both Yoruba's and Igbo. I believe this fraud of a guy is an Igala from Anambra state. Don't doubt it. From all his comments he only extols Anambra state while downgrade and rain insults on other Igbo states. He believes Anambrarians are superior to other Igbos and never want's to see a part of it join with other Igbo clans to form a state. Something even an Abagworo would never do. Chino is Igala! Smell the coffee guys. Until NdiAnambra come out to ostracize him from their midst, then I would believe they are in support of his actions.

Neither has chino appeared on his other ID. Most likely either chino is serving a ban or he took a break like some others did. Afterall, few days ago he got into an arguments which rendered him asking people to cool down and when no one did, he disappeared. That ID does not belong to chino..it's a coward using his name to cause mischief and I'm shocked how much you all fell for it despite the obvious multiple differences behavior between that ID and chinos. Apart from the obvious behaviors I listed, another behavior from chino that differ from the lasgidiowner and chino is the fact in all picture fights, chino actually travels to the states to take picture illustrating how bad the state is. Not once does he post Google pics unless it pertains to prosistution or discrediting Rochas claims. All of a sudden, that behavior changes. He no dey travel anymore..Na only Google pics he post up. Another thing chino is known for is his musiwa like behavior aka using his multiple ID'S to populate his threads with pictures of his perceived enemy, ironically enough chinolization, oneeast3, etc ID belonging to chino...one we can verify belongs to chino have no grazed not one of the new ID you think belongs to chino threads. A behavior way out of character of chino.
I mean come on for God sake, y'all use una heads. I mean take a good look at the new owerri thread from that lasgidiowner, the pictures posted are exactly the same pictures yorubas post whenever they attacking SE. A member with also multiple ID'S have posted that same pics multiple times it amazes me you lot have yet to connect the dot. I'll leave you all to go back past threads and figure out the ID I'm telling you about. I urge una to return back to the past picture argument threads and do some searching. As much you all have argued with the guy both in politics and ethnic section, the guy recreates a chino ID, pretend to be chino and you all fall for it that easily despite the obviousness.

I mean seriously igbo people. Seriously? Wtf?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAgbalajob: 1:18am On Oct 06, 2014
OneNaira6:

Neither has chino appeared on his other ID. Most likely either chino is serving a ban or he took a break like some others did. Afterall, few days ago he got into an arguments which rendered him asking people to cool down and when no one did, he disappeared. That ID does not belong to chino..it's a coward using his name to cause mischief and I'm shocked how much you all fell for it despite the obvious multiple differences behavior between that ID and chinos. Apart from the obvious behaviors I listed, another behavior from chino that differ from the lasgidiowner and chino is the fact in all picture fights, chino actually travels to the states to take picture illustrating how bad the state is. Not once does he post Google pics unless it pertains to prosistution or discrediting Rochas claims. All of a sudden, that behavior changes. He no dey travel anymore..Na only Google pics he post up. Another thing chino is known for is his musiwa like behavior aka using his multiple ID'S to populate his threads with pictures of his perceived enemy, ironically enough chinolization, oneeast3, etc ID belonging to chino...one we can verify belongs to chino have no grazed not one of the new ID you think belongs to chino threads. A behavior way out of character of chino.
I mean come on for God sake, y'all use una heads. I mean take a good look at the new owerri thread from that lasgidiowner, the pictures posted are exactly the same pictures yorubas post whenever they attacking SE. A member with also multiple ID'S have posted that same pics multiple times it amazes me you lot have yet to connect the dot. I'll leave you all to go back past threads and figure out the ID I'm telling you about. I urge una to return back to the past picture argument threads and do some searching. As much you all have argued with the guy both in politics and ethnic section, the guy recreates a chino ID, pretend to be chino and you all fall for it that easily despite the obviousness.

I mean seriously igbo people. Seriously? Wtf?

In a serious thread where others are serious with the discussion but one individual, Just click on "report" against the comment and point out the rule that had been violated such as derailing etc, and a mod will do the needful grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:15am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ogbonaikenna(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:31am On Oct 06, 2014
Poor pictures...Abeg,make una stop snapping these pictures with 10 naira camera.
If you dont have a camera that can produce quality pictures dont bother posting any picture.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Awka the state capital

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pics from Nnewi, Innoson motors are every where not just governments, even private transports and companies are patronizing him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shady26(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
3dankey:

My brother, so because of Chino you people will not want to let this thread see the light of the day. Please I want to personally beg everyone for what Chino have done and say that it does not have our support.
Also I want to say to my brothers(Igbo's in general), that we are all one regardless of where you come from either Enugu,Imo,Ebonyi,anambra or Abia. For me, I am personally happy for any news that have to do with IGBO's in Generally and will love us to grow. I am happy that we have advanced more than some part of Nigeria that the civil war did not even affect in any way.
I still want to say that anambra need a major overhaul(so that it can attract tourist/visitors), we need a dual carriage way in our major roads in Nnewi,Onitsha and Awka, also need to focus on either one or two hotels/malls ( complete them before going to others). I love anambra my place of birth, but I love IGBO(all eastern states and parts of delta,rivers) more). Please let us focus on constructive criticism and not how to bring down ourselves. Chino God knows that I like you here on nairaland (before),but you have just lost my respect(if all those monikers are owned by you).
Story, down with chino and his.anambragggarts
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shady26(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
3dankey:

My brother, so because of Chino you people will not want to let this thread see the light of the day. Please I want to personally beg everyone for what Chino have done and say that it does not have our support.
Also I want to say to my brothers(Igbo's in general), that we are all one regardless of where you come from either Enugu,Imo,Ebonyi,anambra or Abia. For me, I am personally happy for any news that have to do with IGBO's in Generally and will love us to grow. I am happy that we have advanced more than some part of Nigeria that the civil war did not even affect in any way.
I still want to say that anambra need a major overhaul(so that it can attract tourist/visitors), we need a dual carriage way in our major roads in Nnewi,Onitsha and Awka, also need to focus on either one or two hotels/malls ( complete them before going to others). I love anambra my place of birth, but I love IGBO(all eastern states and parts of delta,rivers) more). Please let us focus on constructive criticism and not how to bring down ourselves. Chino God knows that I like you here on nairaland (before),but you have just lost my respect(if all those monikers are owned by you).
Story, down with chino and his.anambragggarts!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra state
Nnamdi Azikiwe University came into being as an offshoot of the defunct Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH). ASUTECH which was established through Law No. 7 of 30 July 1980 by the Government of the old Anambra operated as a multi-campus university, with campuses in Abakiliki, Enugu, Awka and Nnewi. In 1991, following the split of the old Anambra State into Anambra and Enugu States, the Awka and Nnewi campuses of the former ASUTECH were constituent into Nnamdi Azikiwe University by the Anambra State Edict No.5 of November 26, 1991. Nnamdi Azikiwe University was taken over by the Federal Government by Decree No. 34 of July 15, 1992 In 1991, after the former Anambra State was split into Anambra and Enugu States, the Awka and Nnewi campuses of the former Anambra State University of Technology (ASUTECH) were combined into Nnamdi Azikiwe University, which was later taken over by Federal government. The university is named after Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first president of Nigeria. The Awka Campus became Nnamdi Azikiwe University. In 1992,the Federal Government of Nigeria took over the University from Anambra State. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, thus, became a Federal University.

Location Of The University

The main campus of the University is located at Awka sited thirty-five kilometers to the South -West of Awka, the second campus is at Nnewi (NAUTH and Okofia) and the third campus is at Agulu (Faculty of Pharmacy
According to the Universities Matriculation Examination Board, 'Unizik' is the second most sorted after university in Nigeria (2014).

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shady26(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
pazienza:
Since when has the Igbo community in nairaland gone this stupid as to not know when enemies are setting them up against each other?

Chai! I wasn't around the defuse this trap before it exploded. Now the enemy has won, no thanks to stupid Igbos who willingly served as their pawns without even knowing it. They have dragged the Onye aghana nwanne ya' principle that united Ndiigbo through the mud.
Imagine backtosender writing despicable things against his brothers in Enugu. *crys*
Chai Anambraggarts have nothing to show us in their thread with all their boasting!
where were u when your fellow Anambraggarts spearheaded by Nshinoo from time immemorial kept bashing any thread that seeks to portray good of other igbo states. as if suffering from some kind of inferiority complex they even opened threads to insult owerri calling it the prostitution burdened city while you all cheered at the background.
Cry babies now u want to start crying, rememeber the insults to Ebonyi,abia, enugu all from one shallow brained OMATA people. it did not even occur to you fools that the state lines you are observing were drawn by your very enemies Nothern dictators Gowon and murtala mohhamed.
Shame on you lots, i have already formed my opinion of Anambraggarts and nothing will change that.

repping Republic of Southern Biafra!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
More from Unizik

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by LasGidiOwner: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ike Mbachu kedu?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unizik Bus stand and some structures

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
shady26:
Chai Anambraggarts have nothing to show us in their thread with all their boasting!
where were u when your fellow Anambraggarts spearheaded by Nshinoo from time immemorial kept bashing any thread that seeks to portray good of other igbo states. as if suffering from some kind of inferiority complex they even opened threads to insult owerri calling it the prostitution burdened city while you all cheered at the background.
Cry babies now u want to start crying, rememeber the insults to Ebonyi,abia, enugu all from one shallow brained OMATA people. it did not even occur to you fools that the state lines you are observing were drawn by your very enemies Nothern dictators Gowon and murtala mohhamed.
Shame on you lots, i have already formed my opinion of Anambraggarts and nothing will change that.

repping Republic of Southern Biafra!

We don hear your cries and wails.
Now,can you run along?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
More from Unizik, Eatery, bank avenue and unizik FM radio.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
More from Unizik

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unizik Library and other departments

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unizik Lib and other departments

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
More structures in Unizik

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
FKO81:
More structures in Unizik

Thanks for your pics.

We have to imbibe the use of lawn mowers rather than machetes for grass cutting and landscaping it makes the grass bushy and ugly. It isn't enough to plant grass for landscaping if you are unable to maintain it with the right tools.
Just as we must move away from use of hoes for farming.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
Structures in Unizik

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
More from Unizik

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op, I can't upload because am using my phone. Please email me here so I can send you some pix..chino.dyke@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Agulu Lake

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anambra Adigo MMA cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.