Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,420 members, 7,850,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1234453 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Backtosender, why North? When we can be the Best in everything good!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
backtosender:
watch this video and tell me if the northern people in the south are not in heaven this video shows what is going on in the north how civilian jtf is torturing their own people and innocent killings, even if you put gun in my head i will never live in the north...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcc5fnx08R0

All my major investments are based in The East! Ala Igbo ala mara Mma!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
All my major investments are based in The East! Ala Igbo ala mara Mma!
that is a wise thing u ever done when it comes to investment

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by eaglechild: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
Schematics:
The roads are in top notch condition but the traffic in Ekwuluobia will not allow you to see the long stretch to snap. I don't know whether the whole Igbo nation relocated to Anambra............ cool

Did you pass through Igboukwu?

The traffic there is getting unbearable.

There is bad stretch of road around the market that should have been fixed before this holiday season.

Work seems to have started but is slow.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Yea, I saw them fixing that spot around the market..but overall Anambra roads are first class roads. As for the traffic, I was wondering whether the entire Igbo nation relocated to Anambra. A lot of flashy cars even in the remotest community. If you go to rural ATM to withdraw money you will meet crowd waiting to withdraw. People are really spending money in Anambra. Below was my experience at Ekwulobia 2 days ago..

eaglechild:

Did you pass through Igboukwu?

The traffic there is getting unbearable.

There is bad stretch of road around the market that should have been fixed before this holiday season.

Work seems to have started but is slow.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
If you can listen to this song from a friend of mine from uke (young chief nwa Anambra )Ani Anambra ga osi eje Umu igbo worldwide future is bright Good song and his clothing line advertise in the video cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfIgakm9Xvs

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
Every World big Cities have at least 3 Universities & Onitsha cannot be different!. Schools in Onitsha needs Onitsha City University!. Why should somebody that studied in Onitsha Primary & Secondary School suffer in other to go to University?. People do not need to travel far for university Education!. If we need to diversify Onitsha, having University in it will do a good job in this regard!. Ndi be anyi ekene m unuooo!

@bolded, in what aspect.. Population or landmass? So if you have the power, you will have a university in Onitsha even if it will make the city more congested? Satellite campus will be just enough to cater for management/business courses though.
Talking of travelling far for university Education, host towns like Awka, Uli, Igbariam, Nsugbe and Oko are not more than an hour drive from Onitsha. Now do you know how long it takes someone living around Lekki/Ajah axis to get to Unilag or LASU?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Myluv, Let take away Nigerian system from our mindset on this issue!.Onitsha must have it's own University now or later, but now because of cost than later!.It must not be govt own alone, but private or in partnership with the govt!.The University must be based in Onitsha Metropolitan area & Campuses can be spread to every other areas!.University in Onitsha is a win win thing!.Menh This Great City need to be diversify & this is one of the areas we need to look into!.The Unversity should not be residential only!.As an investor in Onisha I will like some of my Children to have University education in Onitsha where they live!.Onitsha cannot be a World Class City without its own University & other amenities!.When I said this I mean that Onitsha should be in same class or grade like Vancouver, London, Mancester,Moscow, Paris, Geneva etc which all are great cities with their own Universities!.People flood to these Cities for their Universities which help to creates a diversified Cities & economy!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
More rural roads bring constructed. WITH GUTTERS ON TWO SIDES!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
cjrane:
so which road is this?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
@Myluv, Let take away Nigerian system from our mindset on this issue!.Onitsha must have it's own University now or later, but now because of cost than later!.It must not be govt own alone, but private or in partnership with the govt!.The University must be based in Onitsha Metropolitan area & Campuses can be spread to every other areas!.University in Onitsha is a win win thing!.Menh This Great City need to be diversify & this is one of the areas we need to look into!.The Unversity should not be residential only!.As an investor in Onisha I will like some of my Children to have University education in Onitsha where they live!.Onitsha cannot be a World Class City without its own University & other amenities!.When I said this I mean that Onitsha should be in same class or grade like Vancouver, London, Mancester,Moscow, Paris, Geneva etc which all are great cities with their own Universities!.People flood to these Cities for their Universities which help to creates a diversified Cities & economy!.

So tell us, where will the university be situated in Onitsha?

@bolded, I take it that you are not being realistic enough. Please compare those cities you are citing with Onitsha based on landmass, population, developmental goals and let's see.

Ngwanu, the floor is yours!

Let me help you
City of Vancouver: The 2011 census recorded 603,502 people in the city. The city has an area of 114 km2 (44 sq mi). Even the Greater/Metropolitan Vancouver has 2.4million people.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Myluv1:

bolded, I take it that you are not being realistic enough. Please compare those cities you are citing with Onitsha based on landmass, population, developmental goals and let's see.

The floor is yours!
All these cities were at one point like Onitsha!.They didn't allow themselves to reason like Nigerians,but reason objectively when planning a City!.These Cities are with Universities from time they were in same situation like Onitsha!.The planners always think about a City that is self sufficient & reliance in Health & Educational Facilities & infrastructure!.Why is it difficult for us to know that A Modern or even old City always have one or two Higher Educational Facility!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
cjrane:
Whether rural or city abi na township, it will be hard to see a road construction in Anambra without gutters. If you see a stretch road without gutter then know that you're traveling on the hilly/sloppy portion of that road and you're likely to see gutter after that portion.
It's a norm from past governors and even this present one cos I have seen a road he awarded at aguleri and they are constructing that road on a fast pace.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
tabletman1:
Whether rural or city abi na township, it will be hard to see a road construction in Anambra without gutters. If you see a stretch road without gutter then know that you're traveling on the hilly/sloppy portion of that road and you're likely to see gutter after that portion.
It's a norm from past governors and even this present one cos I have seen a road he awarded at aguleri and they are constructing that road on a fast pace.

Please what road in Aguleri are you talking about? Is it the road leading to the oil rig?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
All these cities were at one point like Onitsha!.They didn't allow themselves to reason like Nigerians,but reason objectively when planning a City!.These Cities are with Universities from time they were in same situation like Onitsha!.The planners always think about a City that is self sufficient & reliance in Health & Educational Facilities & infrastructure!.Why is it difficult for us to know that A Modern or even old City always have one or two Higher Educational Facility!
I will address the rest of the post if you answer this: Which of those cities you had present Onitsha's population when they were planning as you said?
For example:
Manchester- Area: 44.65 sq miles (115.6 km²), 2013 population of 514,417
Onitsha- Area: 13.97 sq miles (36.19 km²), 2001 population of 511,000 - wikipedia

See why I said you are not being realistic. If you don't consider such statistics when planning all because of status this status that, then you are definitely planning to fail.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Myluv1:

I will address the rest of the post if you answer this: Which of those cities you had present Onitsha's population when they were planning as you said?
Okay! What is the population of present day City of Onitsha if we forget the kangaroo Nigeria Census!.Does Onitsha Population not sustain One or more University?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
Okay! What is the population of present day City of Onitsha if we forget the kangaroo Nigeria Census!.Does Onitsha Population not sustain One or more University?
I updated my last post.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Myluv1:

For example:
Onitsha- Area: 13.97 sq miles (36.19 km²), 2001 population of 511,000

See why I said you are not being realistic. If you don't consider such statistics when planning all because of status this status that, then you are definitely planning to fail.
You mean Onitsha Metropolitan area or What?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
Picture of Obizi natural spring water Uga loading................ cool

White tourists came all the way to my town Uga for sight seeing........................ cool

Uga adigo mma.................... cheesy
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Awada alone have over Half a Million people living in it not to talk about Onitsha Metropolitan Area or even Onitsha City!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
Arrival at Obizu- Uga........................... cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
You mean Onitsha Metropolitan area or What?
You can chose any one but onitsha metro is not complete and well defined yet, so I was discussing the city of onitsha.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
Tourists from England came to see the natural spring....................... cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2015
All these igbo boys that marry whitie.. I've seen some of them. Where is the spring btw?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
Descending down the steps to the natural pool....................... cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
Myluv1:

You can chose any one but onitsha metro is not complete and well defined yet, so I was discussing the city of onitsha.
The figure above is not Even The Population of the Traders in Onitsha Main-Market or even The Famous Ochanja not to talk about the city Onitsha!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
The Britons descending the stairs to the natural pool......................... cool

Anambra di uto I swear.....if you are not an Anambran ife melu yi.. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
Schematics:
Tourists from England came to see the natural spring....................... cool
Nwanne idikwa sure? I'm seeing nwa guyman wey carry oyinbo wifey come for xmas grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nwanne just believe me...................... cheesy

Myluv1:

Nwanne idikwa sure? I'm seeing nwa guyman wey carry oyinbo wifey come for xmas grin tongue
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Oyibo pikin is very eager to jump in................... cool

The natural pool is a sparkling blue water.................... cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
investnow2013:
The figure above is not Even The Population of the Traders in Onitsha Main-Market or even The Famous Ochanja not to talk about the city Onitsha!.
I was modestly quoting wikipedia, I know it's way more. You should get the picture I'm painting though
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Myluv1:

For example:
Onitsha- Area: 13.97 sq miles (36.19 km²), 2001 population of 511,000

I don't think the 511,000 population of Onitsha is confined to the 36.19 square km of "Onitsha proper". We're also talking about Obosi, Nkpor etc. I think Manchester here refers to the Manchester Metropolitan Area.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.