Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226795 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Dblack: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
For what's worth we are building Anambra as a state and not merely focusing on a particular area like most others does. This dual carriage road is in the hinterland not even in any of the urban centers. That is why anybody can reside in any part of the state and be commuting to work in the major cities of the state because there are good network of roads all around the state. This is what development is about and not concentrating in a particular area just to mislead the gullible..

Pls stop deceiving people, this dual section of the agulu lake road is not up to 200m.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:30am On Mar 09, 2015
You are the one deceiving yourself. Whether the road is one yard or two yards. What is pertinent here is that it is a dual carriageway. Any other thing you are saying is inconsequential. The last thing I can ever do is to sit and allow misinformation to stand. Never!

Dblack:

Pls stop deceiving people, this dual section of the agulu lake road is not up to 200m.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by emmysoftyou: 8:30am On Mar 09, 2015
Myluv1:

See who's talking about being new on the forum. lol. I joined on October 22, 2013 grin, how about that?
grin grin ,i thought yu re a girl?anyway as a guy,let me gist yu.
i appeared as a guest on nairaland since 2006/7,i was jus reading news on front page and comments frm registered pple, which i enjoyed then as guest.
i dnt ve time to registered,but the major reasons why i register was because of sexuality zone,anytime i clicked it as a guess,it limit me frm seeing what is happening there,and i want to knw wat is happening there negger.cheesy
so my eagerness and curiosity to know what s happening in sexuality section enable me to registered for nairaland in 2013..
my old comments started with job nd vacancy and sexuality section negger.
Politics become more interesting cos of what is happening around us..
it was even in politics i found out there re crazy set of people.despite frm the same ethnic group,they re still crazy?negga,
leave stories 4 d gods,
yu might ve registered b4 me,but what have yu learnt so far?
lets nt derailed this thread,nice meeting yu,but calmed down bro cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 09, 2015
patmaine:

I repeat thr is flyover at Obosi junction. before idemili. besides metallurgical training institute.. I dey follow thr go my town nnewi. stop lying....

Bia Nwokem, amarom ife I n'akoyeli ebe a. Abum onye Obosi, nya, ikwesii igem nti: FLYOVER DI N'OBOSI BU OLU NDI FEDERAL.

The by-pass road that cuts through Obosi and ends at New Parts, Nkpor, is a Federal Road. The 2 flyovers were build by the Federal government. The Only state road in Obosi is the Eze Iweka road that start from Akuora Market and ends at Upper Iweka; the major road in Obosi is a Federal Road.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:18am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
I am just seeing this your comment but I must call you an i.diot for making such a misleading assertion. Most of if not all the roads you pointed out in Umahia are the road that were merely divided at the center and are not purpose-dualized roads. Those roads are still more or less single lanes because it can hardly pass several vehicle at once.

There are so many dualized roads already in Awka apart from Zik avenue and other big road that if demarcated it will become 4 lanes in your definition. With what is on the ground already and what is going on in Awka at the moment it will displace Enugu and place it at the second position when completed, talk more of such small towns as Umahia and Owerre you mentioned in your tirade..

Look at this road below in Onitsha, it is a single lane as seen but if demarcated it can form a six lanes dual carriageway like you keep harping. There are so many roads as big as that all around Anambra..and if we start demarcating all of them we shall have the highest east of the niger. Above all intotality Anambra has the best road networks in the East. You can take that to the Supreme court..

[s][/s]
there are only 2 dualized roads in Awka. The Enugu/Osha expressway and ziks avenue. The rests are narrow roads that can barely pass two vehicle's. Your problem is you don't travel. You just make bogus claims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:35am On Mar 09, 2015
Your problem most times is that you comment just because you see others commenting that is the point. Now where are the below dual carriageways located. Please caption them. Let me know when you finish so I can give you more assignments..

More roads are already undergoing expansion/dualization. I didn't add Ekwueme Square dual carriageway though marked for reconstruction and the road leading to the GRA also a dual carriageway. I will be churning out the pictures as we go on in the discussion..

FreeGlobe:

there are only 2 dualized roads in Awka. The Enugu/Osha expressway and ziks avenue. The rests are narrow roads that can barely pass two vehicle's. Your problem is you don't travel. You just make bogus claims

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
Your problem most times is that you comment just because you see others commenting that is the point. Now where are the below dual carriageways located. Please caption them..

I've been here for several years now and have avoided the political section like a plague. But come on, some of the things I see here gives me cause to worry.

I am not for or against anybody, I just want good governance in my dearly beloved Anambra.

The picture you posted above is the road leading to Goverment Lodge in Amawbia. Haba! That road is not a single-lane road naw; didn't the Governor convert the other lane for his personal use? Abi you want to tell me you don't know? I doubt that.

I could be wrong, but I know of about Four dualized roads on Awka. The Federal Enugu/Onitsha Express Road, Ziks Avenue, The road leading to the state house of assembly (beside ABS), and another road behind Government house.

To tell the truth, MOST of the roads in Awka are VERY narrow.

I was in Awka recently and saw the construction of Abakiliki road, leading to Ngozika Estate. I was happy with the development, but was disappointed when I saw the same narrow road being built. Is it a crime if we have wide roads in Awka? I though that Abakiliki road would have been constructed like Eric Moore road in Surulere Lagos. Both roads look the same. Moreover, lots of clubs, hotels, and relaxation spots are springing up along that road, why is it being build narrowly? It's not as if there's not enough space, cos there are loads of spaces on both sides.

Awka needs a lot of wide and roads abeg, even if they are single lane-roads, but let them just be wide enough.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2015
More of such expansions are going on in line with the ACDA base-map to compliment the ongoing 3 flyovers under-construction. Aruthur Eze, Amawbia by-pass among others are already marked for expansion/dualization.

Below is the ongoing six lanes dual-carriage road networks with walkway and covered drains in and around Greenwood. I will bring more of this pictures as we go on. The fact is that a lot is going on as we speak..

cnario:

I've been here for several years now and have avoided the political section like a plague. But come on, some of the things I see here gives me cause to worry.

I am not for or against anybody, I just want good governance in my dearly beloved Anambra.

The picture you posted above is the road leading to Goverment Lodge in Amawbia. Haba! That road is not a single-lane road naw; didn't the Governor convert the other lane for his personal use? Abi you want to tell me you don't know? I doubt that.

I could be wrong, but I know of about Four dualized roads on Awka. The Federal Enugu/Onitsha Express Road, Ziks Avenue, The road leading to the state house of assembly (beside ABS), and another road behind Government house.

To tell the truth, MOST of the roads in Awka are VERY narrow.

I was in Awka recently and saw the construction of Abakiliki road, leading to Ngozika Estate. I was happy with the development, but was disappointed when I saw the same narrow road being built. Is it a crime if we have wide roads in Awka? I though that Abakiliki road would have been constructed like Eric Moore road in Surulere Lagos. Both roads look the same. Moreover, lots of clubs, hotels, and relaxation spots are springing up along that road, why is it being build narrowly? It's not as if there's not enough space, cos there are loads of spaces on both sides.

Awka needs a lot of wide and roads abeg, even if they are single lane-roads, but let them just be wide enough.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
I am just seeing this your comment but I must call you an i.diot for making such a misleading assertion. Most of if not all the roads you pointed out in Umahia are the road that were merely divided at the center and are not purpose-dualized roads. Those roads are still more or less single lanes because it can hardly pass several vehicle at once.

There are so many dualized roads already in Awka apart from Zik avenue and other big road that if demarcated it will become 4 lanes in your definition. With what is on the ground already and what is going on in Awka at the moment it will displace Enugu and place it at the second position when completed, talk more of such small towns as Umahia and Owerre you mentioned in your tirade..

Look at this road below in Onitsha, it is a single lane as seen but if demarcated it can form a six lanes dual carriageway like you keep harping. There are so many roads as big as that all around Anambra..and if we start demarcating all of them we shall have the highest east of the niger. Above all intotality Anambra has the best road networks in the East. You can take that to the Supreme court..

[s][/s]
Where in onitsha

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2015
cjrane:

I don't want to diminish Obi's various illustrious achievements. But, when it comes to roads dualization, he can't even be compared to Martin Elechi or nor Theodore Orji who are believed to be purported failures. Umuahia alone has more dualized roads than Onitsha,Awka and Nnewi combined!!! You definitely cannot mention the word "roads dualization" and mention Chime nor Rochas with Obi in the same sentence. As difficult and embarrassing it is to state as the facts, Chime and Rochas transformed their states with roads dualization(ssssssssssssssssssssss)

Zik's avenue dualization was COMPLETED by Obi. It was started waaaaaay before Obi came into office.
As for the Park avenue and Harbour road, do you mind telling us if both roads combined were up to 2 km?
I kinda agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
More of such expansions are going on in line with the ACDA base-map to compliment the ongoing 3 flyovers under-construction. Aruthur Eze, Amawbia by-pass among others are already marked for expansion/dualization. Below is the ongoing massive road dualization networks with walkway and covered drains in and around Greenwood. I will bring more of this pictures as we go on. The fact is that a lot is going on as we speak..

Thanks for the informative response. It's so cool to hear Arthur Eze is being dualized. It was never meat to be a single-lane road; I wonder what Etiaba was thinking when she built that road. Amawbia by-pass dualization plan is also a good one. I hope the master plan also covers the dualization on Works road, Okpuno road, INEC road, and the high-tension road in Aroma where Macdons is situated.

Please, where can I download the masterplan? Is it the same UN-Habitat one that reminds one of Geography (Map Reading) class back in Secondary school?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2015
As you proceed further inside Greenwood this is what you see. Serious work ongoing. I took these pictures in December when they were actually on xmas holiday. Work has gone beyond this, I will get updated pictures soon.

This sort of standard gauge six lanes dual-carriageways are first of its kind East of the Niger. You can take that to the Supreme court..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2015
You can download it from the internet. Infact entire city is a complete construction site. Below is the road (High-Tension road) that leads to Macdons from Aroma flyover. It has been scrapped and being expanded/dualized as you can see from the pix below. If you knew this place before it was not as wide as this. In the next one or two years I see Awka taking the shape of Kigali, Dubai etc which it was modeled after. You can take my word for it for an American visa!

cnario:

Thanks for the informative response. It's so cool to hear Arthur Eze is being dualized. It was never meat to be a single-lane road; I wonder what Etiaba was thinking when she built that road. Amawbia by-pass dualization plan is also a good one. I hope the master plan also covers the dualization on Works road, Okpuno road, INEC road, and the high-tension road in Aroma where Macdons is situated.

Please, where can I download the masterplan? Is it the same UN-Habitat one that reminds one of Geography (Map Reading) class back in Secondary school?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
You can download it from the internet. Infact entire city is a complete construction site. Below is the road (High-Tension road) that leads to Macdons from Aroma flyover. It has been scrapped and being expanded/dualized as you can see from the pix below. If you knew this place before it was not as wide as this. In the next one year I see Awka competing with Kigali, Dubai etc which it was modeled after. You can take that for an American visa!

lol... no be only dubai..even singapore
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
Your problem most times is that you comment just because you see others commenting that is the point. Now where are the below dual carriageways located. Please caption them. Let me know when you finish so I can give you more assignments..

More roads are already undergoing expansion/dualization. I didn't add Ekwueme Square dual carriageway though marked for reconstruction and the road leading to the GRA also a dual carriageway. I will be churning out the pictures as we go on in the discussion..

your petty lies are sickening and can only deceive dummies. You posted only 2 roads. The governors lodge road you posted is a single lane as only one lane is being used while the other is locked from public use. the dualized portion of that road is not even up to 2km same as the others you mentioned and there is no expansion going on anywhere. Stop deceiving ignorant people.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2015
cnario:

don't believe whatever chino tells you. There is no sign on ground that those roads will be dualized.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Is the road in question a dual-carriageway or not whether one meter or two meters? Answer my question!

You came to Anambra during xmas I begged to meet with you for a joint inspection but you dodged me. You said you were at Uga, I quickly drove down to Uga and informed you the next thing you told me that you have gone as early as 5am. Who is deceiving who??

FreeGlobe:

your petty lies are sickening and can only deceive dummies. You posted only 2 roads. The governors lodge road you posted is a single lane as only one lane is being used while the other is locked from public use. the dualized portion of that road is not even up to 2km same as the others you mentioned and there is no expansion going on anywhere. Stop deceiving ignorant people.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2015
What of these ones I just posted including the ones at the Greenwood are they also lies? Don't worry I will bring confirmatory pictures from Arthur Eze and Amawbia by-pass. The mini mart around Arthur has been written to vacate immediately because bulldozers are coming. Are you also aware of that development? The only reason I am called a photographer is because I hate speaking long grammar, I like photo-speak more than anything. smh! tongue

FreeGlobe:

don't believe whatever chino tells you. There is no sign on ground that those roads will be dualized.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 11:29am On Mar 09, 2015
The cockroach called Abagworo is a mole, umu-igbo Beware!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:34am On Mar 09, 2015
Please we do not want to hear that name here..it is forbidden here! Look for him elsewhere..

Igbonazy:
The cockroach called Abgworo is a mole, umu-igbo Beware!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
Is the road in question a dual-carriageway or not whether one meter or two meters? Answer my question!

You came to Anambra during xmas I begged to meet with you for a joint inspection but you dodged me. You said you were at Uga, I quickly drove down to Uga and informed you the next thing you told me that you have gone as early as 5am. Who is deceiving who??

meeting me or not is never the issue. If there are projects on ground, I should be able to see it without meeting you. I don't like too much talk or familiarization. When I was in Awka, I acknowledged and posted pics of projects I saw.

You need to travel around other states to see what they call dual carriage roads
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2015
A patriotic Imo citizen should please create a new Imo thread and update it regularly with pics to attract people like us who cannot tolerate those maggots in the old one.

I can never visit that abominable imo thread owned by Abagworo and a fat smelly
p¡mp calld berem.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2015
You have nothing meaningful to say. Are the roads in question dualized or not whether one inch or two inches? When you were in Awka did you see the dualization work taking place at Greenwood as I posted? You didn't! Did you see the dualization leading to the new Three Arms Zone? You didn't! These are some of the things I will like to show you but maybe because of complex or whatever you dodged me from Awka to Uga and from Uga you evaporated. I have met more than ten Nairalanders. Show yourself if you are for real and genuine..

FreeGlobe:

meeting me or not is never the issue. If there are projects on ground, I should be able to see it without meeting you. I don't like too much talk or familiarization. When I was in Awka, I acknowledged and posted pics of projects I saw.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
I've been hearing so much about this Greenwood Estate, please where is it? Can one acquire a piece of land there? How much?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
The road leading to Greenwood is off Zik Avenue near Shoprite. As for the price and how to acquire I think you should go to the Ministry of Lands or Anambra Property Development Authority beside the CBN office. But with the type of road infrastructure going on there one need to plan a good budget for land acquisition over there if not it will be strictly for the people with deep pocket..

cnario:
I've been hearing so much about this Greenwood Estate, please where is it? Can one acquire a piece of land there? How much?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Igbonazy:
The cockroach called Abagworo is a mole, umu-igbo Beware!

Evil men are afraid of truth. You abuse me for doing what?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
Update: expansion work at the Nigerian Metalurgical Institute- Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by emmysoftyou: 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
i love what am seeing...
I wish there we be more of that in the east..
We re progressing bro..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Schematics:
This is very interesting. Please endevor to update us more on the issues concernig this plant. It should be one of the key drivers of the growing SE Industrial renaissance.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by lovepoems(f): 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
Abagworo:

Evil men are afraid of truth. You abuse me for doing what?
yu re rite..they are afraid of the truth...

Keep telling them till they have ear'
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by castrogee(m): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Schematics:
What of these ones I just posted including the ones at the Greenwood are they also lies? Don't worry I will bring confirmatory pictures from Arthur Eze and Amawbia by-pass. The mini mart around Arthur has been written to vacate immediately because bulldozers are coming. Are you also aware of that development? The only reason I am called a photographer is because I hate speaking long grammar, I like photo-speak more than anything. smh! tongue

Bro, people like you are the reason why some of us are proud of our heritage. You've done a lot to keep us informed, God bless you!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Schematics:
Most of if not all the roads you pointed out in Umahia are the road that were merely divided at the center and are not purpose-dualized roads. Those roads are still more or less single lanes because it can hardly pass several vehicle at once.

[s][/s]

I will say in Phyno's voice "onwebero ife i fulu" grin

Bro, I won't call you names or an ediot because only nonentities want to call people names rather than to tackle the issues raised. You have done and continue to do evil against the great name of Anambra and her illustrious people by your regrettable and thoughtless activities and statements. Anyhow, I don't need you to validate that i do love Anambra with all my heart. But, i must state the facts even if you don't like it.

So, let me respectfully say it again, although Peter Obi did excellently in intra state roads. However, Umuahia not to mention Owerri now have more DUALIZED roads than Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi COMBINED!

Now i am not counting the federal road PH-Enugu road passing through Umuahia as dual carriages in Umuahia. I am counting the roads dualized inside Umuahia. Just like i am not counting the federal highway Enugu-Onitsha expressway passing through Onitsha and Awka as dual carriage ways in both cities.

If you have been to Umuahia or Owerri lately, the equivalence of these major roads in Onitsha such as; Oguta road, Awka road, Limca road, Oraifite street, Ezeiweka street, Port Harcourt road, Ozomagala road, Modebe avenue,Zik avenue, Iweka road,Anazonwu street, New market road,old market road,Bida street, Atani road, MCC road etc in Onitsha have ALL been dualized .

Now you can say all you want and call me Nkita as much as it tickles your fancy, i still do hate Rochas like you do. But, eziokwu is bitter. Rochas especially in Owerri have surprised me with many many many dualized roads beyond my hatred for him.

Now, my man Obiano seems to be determined to build modern world class infrastructure in Anambra. I hope he succeeds. We need world class roads, well demarcated with street light and even traffic lights in the in our major cities of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. We deserve nothing less.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.