Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227668 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rdokoye: 12:12am On May 26, 2015
AfricanGod2:
By the way if you really want to change what Google shows, then include more content/metadata in every image you want to show up on Google. So for instance you could include Anambra/ the correct spelling of Onitsha in every image of Anambra or Onitsha. You could also include Osha as well any more specific terms.

Why are you posting 10 year old pictures on this thread? Google Images will take whatever it finds; the most prominent pictures for any keyword search term will either be the oldest or most linked images in the search engine listings.

P.S. Can you delete that image you posted, because it doesn’t serve any real purpose outside of a faintly veiled attempt to disparage Anambra State?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:50am On May 26, 2015
post=34093409:

Yes I did bro, I took my time yesterday my intention was to cover Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi, but unfortunately my plane didn't work out, my camera power went flat when I was about to visit harbor industrial layout Onitsha I had to go home, that will be for another day, all I can say the development in Anambra is quit big, Anambra is developing as a state not her capital, when you are driving from Onitsha to Awka through old road you will never see bush or shanty till you get to Awka, the state is fast developing.

Frankie nwanne,Osebuluwa gozie yi na ezigbo olu ina alulu Omanbala.
It pleasures my soul to see my beautiful Omanbala looking ever promising. I know we have challenges but I also know the future is very bright. Rome wasn't built in a day and I strongly believe that the greatness of Omanbala will show her true face,soon.

Most importantly,Frankie I like the part where you said "Anambra is developing as a state not her capital"....the thing sweet me eeh...lol

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:50am On May 26, 2015
rdokoye:

Why are you posting 10 year old pictures on this thread or Anambra for that matter? Google Images will take whatever it finds; the most prominent pictures for any keyword search term will either be the oldest or most linked images in the search engine listings.

P.S. Can you delete that image you posted, because it doesn’t serve any real purpose outside of a faintly veiled attempt to disparage Anambra State?

[img]http://bloggar.nwt.se/genusbooden/files/2014/06/wait-what.jpg[/img]
I said those are the first pictures I see when I Google Onitsha. How is that an attempt to disparage this thread.
My intention was to show the effects of engaging in senseless online wars, and it wasn't in any way veiled.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 1:25am On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
Havilla Suites in GRA Awka own by Virgy Etiaba..
Ha! I used to lodge here sometimes when I'm in Awka. Feels like home to me. /FK081 I commend you for the sacrifice you are making for this thread. Good stuff. Anambra is indeed shaping up! Willie is really working cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 2:16am On May 26, 2015
I have been waiting for this. This is long overdue. The Governor must proceed with this action asap.

The stance by the riders, according to Vanguard, follows rumours that the state government was planning to enforce a ban on Okada in major cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi.

The motorcyclists under the platform of Motorcycle Transport Union of Nigeria (MTUN), issued a warning that that the ban on their operations in the state will lead to a surge in crime rate because some people will be unemployed.

“Anybody who bans Okada operation in the state is inviting criminals to return in the state ” they cautioned.

Making the position of the Union known, president of MTUN, Chief John Onedibe said enforcing any ban on Okada would pose grave consequences for the state.

He estimated that about 10,000 Okada riders in Anambra would be pushed out of job if the ban is enforced, signaling that it will lead to a spike in crime rate.

Anambra state is not the first in Nigeria to enforce the ban on the operations of motorcycle operators, many other states across the country have also enforced such bans citing security and safety reasons among others.
READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/446147-governor-obiano-okada-riders-face-off.html

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 2:20am On May 26, 2015
Although I'm concerned about their next source of livelihood if okada is banned but hey should know the banning of okada is unavoidable in this day and age. I hope the government will find a way to create an alternative for these people, like giving them priority considerations in the mass transit vehicles. I'm all for banning of okada in Awka and onitsha especially

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 2:31am On May 26, 2015
The bikers must go, afterwards 98% of them are not Anambrans. So why should we allow them to be causing road nuisances for us?

I heard the action to remove them from our major cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi may commence next week. If any of them get involved in any crime as a result of the ban, the person knows already that security is tight in Anambra. Our roads are good with decent cab/bus transport system connecting all parts of the state. Keke can also compliment it.

FreeGlobe:
Although I'm concerned about their next source of livelihood if okada is banned but hey should know the banning of okada is unavoidable in this day and age. I hope the government will find a way to create an alternative for these people, like giving them priority considerations in the mass transit vehicles. I'm all for banning of okada in Awka and onitsha especially

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by winniz: 2:51am On May 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I have an account in skyscrapercity but I don't know who how to post pics there, yes that website have better SEO links than NL so their pictures show most when you google result shows.

I went on twiiter I was embittered about the human meat restraunt in Anambra, the whole place was filled with redmeat tagging them Anambra human meat market.

We must win the war, we are winning the war, forcing world news agencies like BBC, dailymail and CNN to apologize is enough to show we are getting there, forget owoda people and their media like osundefer, sahara and premium times we must beat them one by one

I expected the Anambra government to have filed a lawsuit against Osun defender when they first published that fake story in 2013, they would not only have taken down the hogwash story but apologized as well if they had slammed them with billions of naira lawsuit, instead they chose to overlook it. Ndiofe hates Igbos and they are desperate to tarnish our Image so you can't just say let Igbos forget about them and their media.

The question you guys have failed to ask is 1.Why did BBC swahili pick up the fake story of close to two years now?
2.Who sent the article to them?
3. Who sponsored that fake story and the aim behind it.

Though BBC and dailymail apologized after Anambra state issued a disclaimer about the fake restaurant story but if Anambra state government had took the right step initially that fake story would have been taken down a long time ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 3:12am On May 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Well, in that mindset, we can very well allow rickshaws on our streets since it will create livelihood for some or better still allow importation of substandard drugs or kidnapping since removing them will affect the livelihood of some and make them unemployed. The point i am making is that government makes laws for the good of the overwhelming majority of the citizens . Using motorcycles as a form of mass transit is archaic and a pointer to the governments complete lack of care for her citizens. Suffice to say that ANAMBRA is the ONLY SE and SS state still using okada for mass transit! Even many northern states and SW states have improved their system to at least keke napep!

If you have visited the orthopedic ward of Genral Hospital or Borromeo, you will see thousands of youths maimed for life due to the careless use of Okada. Not to mention the crime it promotes by giving criminals a quick getaway.
Now Okada riders should be given a grace period to acquire keke napep. Using tricycles aka "keke napep" will allow an average okada man to carry 4 passengers where an okada carries one. Not just that the passengers pay 50% of what Okada charges (i.e N50 naira where okada charges N100 naira), the Keke napep man gains N200 naira for the same distance and same fuel where an okada man would have had just N100 naira. So it is a win-win for all.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2015
oneeast:
The bikers must go, afterwards 98% of them are not Anambrans. So why should we allow them to be causing road nuisances for us.

I heard the action to remove them from our major cities of Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi may commence next week. If any of them get involved in any crime as a result of the ban, the person knows already that security is tight in Anambra. Our roads are good with decent cab/bus transport system connecting all parts of the state. Keke can also compliment it.

the bikers are mostly from the north

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 6:51am On May 26, 2015
You are very correct!

InyinyaAgbaOku:

the bikers are mostly from the north

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 7:00am On May 26, 2015
Blanket ban on motorcyclists in Anambra may not work. Especially in Nnewi and it's environs. Instead they should selectively ban commercial motorcyclists.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 7:04am On May 26, 2015
Just like every other places bikes were banned it will not affect private users but the commercial operators.

ACM10:
Blanket ban on motorcyclists in Anambra may not work. Especially in Nnewi and it's environs. Instead they should selectively ban commercial motorcyclists.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:55am On May 26, 2015
Gini na eselu nwanne na nwanne ?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:59am On May 26, 2015
Some pics of people making things happen in Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:13am On May 26, 2015
winniz:

I expected the Anambra government to have filed a lawsuit against Osun defender when they first published that fake story in 2013, they would not only have taken down the hogwash story but apologized as well if they had slammed them with billions of naira lawsuit, instead they chose to overlook it. Ndiofe hates Igbos and they are desperate to tarnish our Image so you can't just say let Igbos forget about them and their media.

The question you guys have failed to ask is 1.Why did BBC swahili pick up the fake story of close to two years now?
2.Who sent the article to them?
3. Who sponsored that fake story and the aim behind it.

Though BBC and dailymail apologized after Anambra state issued a disclaimer about the fake restaurant story but if Anambra state government had took the right step initially that fake story would have been taken down a long time ago.

Lol file lawsuit against Osundefender when Osun State is broke and collapse, nwanne Osun and her defender are dead and forgotten, can they even afford a defense lawyer with the current state of financial mess and institutional collapse.

A state people are committing suicide anyhow and your trying to slam a lawsuit on, lol if the governor join armed robbery or ritual killing God will never forgive you walahi.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Lol file lawsuit against Osundefender when Osun State is broke and collapse, nwanne Osun and her defender are dead and forgotten, can they even afford a defense lawyer with the current state of financial mess and institutional collapse.

A state people are committing suicide anyhow and your trying to slam a lawsuit on, lol if the governor join armed robbery or ritual killing God will never forgive you walahi.
Nwannem, i di kwa wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by customized07: 9:18am On May 26, 2015
Chino, I am on my way to anambra oooo. U never contact me.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:25am On May 26, 2015
rdokoye:

Why are you posting 10 year old pictures on this thread? Google Images will take whatever it finds; the most prominent pictures for any keyword search term will either be the oldest or most linked images in the search engine listings.

I think I like the picture, it will give an idea of what the state used to be and how much things have improved.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:52am On May 26, 2015
cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:54am On May 26, 2015
Check your email, I just sent you my official phone number..

customized07:
Chino, I am on my way to anambra oooo. U never contact me.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2015
oneeast:
Ebuka, where is the email? tongue

I have sent it.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Frankie nwanne,Osebuluwa gozie yi na ezigbo olu ina alulu Omanbala.
It pleasures my soul to see my beautiful Omanbala looking ever promising. I know we have challenges but I also know the future is very bright. Rome wasn't built in a day and I strongly believe that the greatness of Omanbala will show her true face,soon.

Most importantly,Frankie I like the part where you said "Anambra is developing as a state not her capital"....the thing sweet me eeh...lol
Thanks my bro! This just the genesis, I'm here to make my people happy and to do my best to move the state forward.
Awka skyline

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:23am On May 26, 2015
post=34083024:
I don't know who owns this massive industry in Agu Awka, the industry is big with staff quarters? Although the project is not completed yet.
could be neimeth pharmaceuticals

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
More like a ship-house situated at New Market road..

That plaza belongs to my school mate's father who was then based in Douala, Cameroon. Their surname is Ojukwu.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:28am On May 26, 2015
The skyline of Awka is just bomb. This is the most beautiful city east of the niger. Apart from Abuja, the most modern buildings and architectures are found in Awka. With the ongoing flyovers/tunnels, malls, resorts etc it is very easy for Awka to become the Dubai of Nigeria. Obiano was right afterall.. cool

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2015
Awka skyline

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:33am On May 26, 2015
Frank has suppassed Chino in photography. He should be crowned the Onye nese photo 1 of Anambra.. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 26, 2015
Schematics:
The skyline of Awka is just bomb. This is the most beautiful city east of the niger. Apart from Abuja the most modern buildings and architectures are found in Awka. With the ongoing flyovers/tunnels, malls, resorts etc it is very easy for Awka to become the Dubai of Nigeria. Obiano was right afterall.. cool

Anybody that bets with his scrotum that Awka skyline is not besting that of Onitsha and Nnewi will likely be an eunuch when the pictures are shown.

Awka is hotter than South Beach on Friday night

Awka the capital of Anambra State is besting every city now East of the Niger,

Tell your wives and kids Buddahmonk slept there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:38am On May 26, 2015
I swear nwanne.

BuddahMonk:

Anybody that bets with his scrotum that Awka skyline is not besting that of Onitsha and Nnewi will likely be an eunuch when the pictures are shown.

Awka is hotter than South Beach on Friday night

Awka the capital of Anambra State is besting every city now East of the Niger,

Tell your wives and kids Buddahmonk slept there
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I will like to meet you one on one, we have a lot incommon, where do you stay?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2015
post=34103717:

Awka skyline

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.