Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228334 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
I know you hate Obi but some of us love him. But Obi is no longer the governor of the state, he handed over and even left to another party just to re-assure people that he is not ready to play any sort of godfatherism to anyone.

Learn to differentiate this thread from the former governor Obi and focus on the new administration and way forward. Nobody talks about Obj today but Jonathan.

FreeGlobe:

it could be true, it could not be, just like sometimes I feel you are Peter obi himself with the way you take it personal.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Schematics:
I know you hate Obi but some of us love him. But Obi is no longer the governor of the state, he handed over and even left to another party just to re-assure people that he is not ready to play any sort of godfatherism to anyone.

Learn to different this thread from the former governor Obi and focus on the new administration and way forward. Nobody talks about Obj today but Jonathan.

Chino pls go out and drink one bottle of Ooh mpa at Bejoy. The bill is on me

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
cjrane:

Bro,
I am not here to debate well known facts. I guess Obiano was a former Senator, House of Rep. or even Local government chairman that we all knew about him before he beat even Peter Obi's SSG Oseloka Obaze, Mrs Ekwunife or Soludo to become the gubernatorial candidate?
Ngige even used to make a mockery of Obiano wearing Obi's image while campaigning to be governor. grin
Obiano himself said he used to read about the aspirants on newspapers and hoped for the best man to prevail. He didn't know he would be that man.
He said so but when the chips are down the Governors anointed will 'everly' win the primaries. Don't ask me how that is possible
Ask this candidate to withdraw interest, force the delegates to tow a line, compensate the others with appointment and cash. Then the winner takes it all
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
Okay if you say so, just hoping that madam will allow me to see the staircase..lol

Zonacom:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Schematics:
Nobody talks about Obj today but Jonathan.

No preceding govt is discussed in Isolation. There is always room to draw comparison especially when things bordering on policies are brought up. Such comparisons help people in rating any successive govt. So today GEJ and OBJ can be compared, in the course of such comparisons uncomplimentary remarks can arise.
There is no point hating anybody. Obi comes across as a nice man who I will not fail to accord respect on that premise i.e. I'll greet him with a smile (you know) and talk with him respectfully but on the issue of what he did and what he didn't do with Anambra I will not be deceived
My views

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Okay noted!

Cuche:

No preceding govt is discussed in Isolation. There is always room to draw comparison especially when things bordering on policies are brought up. Such comparisons help people in rating any successive govt. So today GEJ and OBJ can be compared, in the course of such comparisons uncomplimentary remarks can arise.
There is no point hating anybody. Obi comes across as a nice man who I will not fail to accord respect on that premise i.e. I'll greet him with a smile (you know) and talk with him respectfully but on the issue of what he did and what he didn't do with Anambra I will not be deceived
My views

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
In addition to providing police Booth, one issue on my mind is concerning the mobility support given to the police by State Governments not just in Anambra State
Can't imagine a 2010 hilux that is just about 6 years old looking so badly handled like nobody cares. Is it because it was 'dashed'
Those vehicles can't chase a 1998 Sienna under the command of robbers without losing its dynamics
We can continue in that wastage when am even looking forward to completing a number whereby every village has a police van strategically located within it.
Culture of maintenance must be imbibed by our police officers Govt should assist them with workshops if that could help. This carnage is too much

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
Community gets compensation from State Government

The Anambra State Government has paid two hundred million naira compensation to Omasi-agu community in Ayamelum local government area for acquisition of two hundred and six hectares of land in the community.
The ceremony was performed on behalf of Governor Willie Obiano, by the Commissioner for Lands, Survey and Town Planning, Mrs. Stella Onuorah.

Handing over the cheque for the amount to the community, Commissioner Onuorah disclosed that the land was acquired for agricultural purposes.

She also expressed gratitude to the leadership of the community for allowing government to acquire their land in order to achieve one of its goals of making Anambra an agricultural state.The Commissioner pleaded with the representatives of Omasi community land owners to ensure that all the owners of land get their appropriate shares of the money.
Mrs. Onuorah explained that the two hundred million naira presented to the community was part payment, expressing optimism that by the next three months, the government would pay the balance.

She expressed gratitude to the Governor for being the only State Chief Executive that pays compensation immediately
after land acquisition and solicited for their support to the Obiano administration.
Receiving the cheque on behalf of the community, their Attorney and an Estate Surveyor, Chief Gilbert Nwanna ,appreciated the efforts of the Commissioner to facilitate the payment, describing Governor Obiano as God-sent.

On their part, the traditional ruler of Omasi-agu, Igwe Benjamin Okeji and President-General of the town union, Chief Hyacinth Malunze, expressed gratitude to the Governor, the Commissioner and the Staff of the Ministry, who worked very hard to facilitate the process.
http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/anambra/691-community-gets-compensation-from-state-government

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:43am On Feb 02, 2015
Zonacom:

Bro i never knew that Hero beer popularly known as (Ohh mpa) meaning "oh father" in igboland was indirectly referral to late ojukwu the ikemba because of the brand name. I was in one bar everyone was asking for Oh mpa then i ask why they refer hero beer as ooh mpa they said is the father of igboland ikemba i was amazed.And everybody drinks the beer is very popular cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:50am On Feb 02, 2015
Schematics:
This guy has gone far beyond what every day Nigerian governors does. Nigerian governors should come and under-study this dude..

very nice,obiano is doing wonders am really impressed cool

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 12:58am On Feb 02, 2015
cjrane:

Bro, we all have our aim of coming here. Some come here to enjoy pictures, some come here to engage in tribal tirades or which Igbo state is superior.Mine is to help policy makers who may be here with many options about how they may improve the society. My contributions are not for your "excitement" or likeness. If not, i won't be wasting my time and data. As you may have guessed, my contributions are exactly to criticize the fine details and suggest probable measures to address them, in the hope it would lead to an even better outcome. Like i would always suggest having gutters on both sides of a road, because i want the roads to last longer in their pristine state.

I saw that suggestion about transparent roof on the contractor's web page and decided to borrow it.
Again, you donot know if I'm an engineer. So leave me to spoil my contribution the way i see fit. cheesy

As I mentioned, some of your suggestions are unnecessary. You always seem to have issues with most of the infrastructures. You should sometimes let the drafters/Engineers incharge be... There is at least a reason why a particular feature is put in place, afterall it passed through some channels before being approved. If you are an engineer, you should know that and not sound too ITK-ish.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 1:08am On Feb 02, 2015
9inches:

As I mentioned, some of your suggestions are unnecessary. You always seem to have issues with most of the infrastructures. You should sometimes let the drafters/Engineers incharge be... There is at least a reason why a particular feature is put in place, afterall it passed through some channels before being approved. If you are an engineer, you should know that and not sound too ITK-ish.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asadike(f): 1:10am On Feb 02, 2015
ak47mann:
Bro i never new that Hero beer popularly known as (Ohh mpa) meaning "oh father" in igboland was indirectly referral to late ojukwu the ikemba because of the brand name. I was in one bar everyone was asking for Oh mpa then i ask why they refer hero beer as ooh mpa they said is the father of igboland ikemba i was amazed.And everybody drinks the beer is very popular cool
that's good. Peter obi have indeed immortalised ikemba wit nmanya hero. Odikwa ka nga ebido hun ba beer. Nna,ke ife ilo?

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 1:13am On Feb 02, 2015
asadike:
that's good. Peter obi have indeed immortalised ikemba wit nmanya hero. Odikwa ka nga ebido hun ba beer. Nna,ke ife ilo?

Hmmm, Ka Freeglobe nweta gi with that good sounding Peter Obi phrase. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asadike(f): 1:16am On Feb 02, 2015
cjrane:

Hmmm, Ka Freeglobe nweta gi with that good sounding Peter Obi phrase. cheesy
nsogbu adigi nwanne. obia,anyi anu jo ogu afor ma dozikwa ka umu nne.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 2:01am On Feb 02, 2015
Schematics:
You no dey tire? Emelu gi ife a eme? Tufia!

I am sorry but sometimes I feel that Obi bleeped your mother because of how personal you take these things. Sorry for my bluntness but it shows in everything you do here..
shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 2:38am On Feb 02, 2015
cjrane:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy U no well o. Wetin dey funny here kwanu?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 2:41am On Feb 02, 2015
asadike:
nsogbu adigi nwanne. obia,anyi anu jo ogu afor ma dozikwa ka umu nne.
Kekwaa aji n'ume, obukwa nkita ara na-adokakwa efe mmadu. Isi adichasighi ya mma o. grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 3:45am On Feb 02, 2015
asadike:
check the beer very well you will see that the label is a symbol of a risen sun.The popular name is oh mpa cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asadike(f): 7:27am On Feb 02, 2015
ak47mann:
check the beer very well you will see that the label is a symbol of a risen sun.The popular name is oh mpa cool
ok dear, I will do dat today,after work
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OmenifenIgbo: 4:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Schematics:
^^Cj, I understand your point but the mall is not for everybody. The quality should not be tampered with. It was designed to be an upscale five star facility and they should maintain the quality so far without compromising. The mall and 5 star hotel around will have a dedicated ipp energy supply. So energy supply is no longer an issue.
But you are wrong. Mall is for everybody, not just the rich. Obiano will agree with me
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OmenifenIgbo: 5:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Chiwude:
Obiano is doing a wonderful job by diversifying the economy of Anambra. Just like someone said, the completion of the Onitsha mall as well as both the Nnewi and Awka mall will put the state in the circle of world business activities. However, I don't buy the idea of concentrating much development to one zone (Anambra north) as proposed by Obiano. You cannot have a commercial airport, a refinery/petro-chemical hub as well as the Agro belt of the state in close proximity. It may brew conflict of interest.
What are u saying man. The airport and the refinery are one and the same project. Anambra refinery will specialize in making aviation kerosene. You don't make aviation kerosene without at least an airfield for planes or tanker jets to land for loading. And you don't expect them to build another airport in addition to the airport attached to the refinery. Don't tell me about pipeline, that will be another project altogether. Anambrarians cannot be tribalism if again in our own state. Saa Anya gi o

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OmenifenIgbo: 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Zonacom:

Why must Obiano plaster his picture on all of his projects in Anambra? Its not cool at all. Even roads undergoing minor refilling of potholes normally have a small sign post with the inscription "willy is working" on them. Its embarrassing if you ask me.
Is this a problem again? Adi emeta Igbo mma

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 3:43am On Feb 05, 2015
[b]Apga proudly continuity @Anambra cool

APGA Spends Over 25 Billion Niara on Road Construction in Orumba North

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State said that the government of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) has committed over 25 billion naira on road construction across all the communities in Orumba North Council Area.

Obiano stated this yesterday while flagging off 2015 APGA rally in Ajalli, the headquarters of Orumba North.

According to the governor, the expended sum is aside educational intervention and other social infrastructural development been executed by both his administration and his predecessor, led by Chief Peter Obi.

He therefore called on the people and Anambrarians generally to vote massively for the standard bearers of his party, APGA in the forthcoming general elections.

Obiano later expected the pace of work at the 11.3 kilometer Ezira/Umunya roads projects, noting that it would soon be completed to easy the transportation of people from Orumba North and South local government areas.

Speaking at the occasion, the State Commissioner for Works, Arch. Calistus Ilozumba, affirmed that both council areas had benefited immensely from APGA government in terms of portable road networks among other social amenities, and enjoined them to vote for the party with a view to enabling it to impact their lives more positively.
[/b]

http://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=2961 cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:38am On Feb 05, 2015
ak47mann:

[b]Apga proudly continuity @Anambra cool
APGA Spends Over 25 Billion Niara on Road Construction in Orumba North
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State said that the government of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) has committed over 25 billion naira on road construction across all the communities in Orumba North Council Area.
Obiano stated this yesterday while flagging off 2015 APGA rally in Ajalli, the headquarters of Orumba North.
According to the governor, the expended sum is aside educational intervention and other social infrastructural development been executed by both his administration and his predecessor, led by Chief Peter Obi.
He therefore called on the people and Anambrarians generally to vote massively for the standard bearers of his party, APGA in the forthcoming general elections.
Obiano later expected the pace of work at the 11.3 kilometer Ezira/Umunya roads projects, noting that it would soon be completed to easy the transportation of people from Orumba North and South local government areas.
Speaking at the occasion, the State Commissioner for Works, Arch. Calistus Ilozumba, affirmed that both council areas had benefited immensely from APGA government in terms of portable road networks among other social amenities, and enjoined them to vote for the party with a view to enabling it to impact their lives more positively.
[/b]
http://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=2961 cool
They should have visited okpeze
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2015
So much job creation for our graduates. Anambra adigo mma.. cool

Falcon Corporation, Anambra State Govt Sign MoU for Gas Supply, Distribution

Falcon Corporation Limited has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Anambra State Government for distribution of natural gas for industrial use, power generation and other domestic purposes.

At the signing ceremony, which held in Anambra State Government House, Awka, Governor Willie Obiano signed for Anambra State, while the Managing Director of Falcon Corporation, Prof. Joseph Ezigbo and Co-Founder and Executive Director, Mrs. Audrey Joe-Ezigbo signed for the oil firm.

The Falcon Corporation Natural Gas Distribution project, the first of its kind in the Eastern Nigeria, is targeted at strategic industrial locations and power applications across Anambra State.

Natural gas has gained significant levels of acceptance and patronage as a preferred industrial fuel across the greater Lagos industrial area, Ikorodu, Agbara, Otta, and parts of Port Harcourt.

Anambra State is resourced with vast deposits of natural gas, and the state governor has proposed to put the enormous gas resources to economic use.
The proposed gas project will bring succour to industries and households in Anambra State as there would be abundant gas for power generation and industrial use.

Speaking at the signing ceremony, Ezigbo commended Governor Obiano for the laudable project, noting that Falcon Corporation had been working to get the gas distribution project off the ground in Anambra for close to twelve years. He said only the leadership, support and dynamism of Obiano had allowed the project garner such significant momentum culminating in the MoU signing.

He assured the governor of Falcon’s commitment to timely and quality delivery on the project.

Ezigbo also noted that Anambra State is the economic nerve centre of South-Eastern Nigeria and home to the largest havens for open market enterprise merchandise in West Africa "as such Falcon Corporation Natural gas distribution project will attract more local and foreign industries and investors into Anambra State and the eastern corridor as a whole."

He stated that the relevance of the project to the economic outlook of the state would include increase in employment and higher standard of living of Anambra State citizens as the industries expand in their capacity utilisation levels due to reduced operational overheads.

He added: "Anambra State would also enjoy a cleaner and safer environment due to reduced emissions, as well as significant additions to the state’s internally generated revenues by way of duties and taxes to be earned from increased industrial activity and profitability."

Responding, Obiano stated that Anambra State has a long history of industry and enterprise, the potentials for which have been greatly suppressed by the huge challenges of power and overheads costs that render manufacturing largely uncompetitive. He noted that despite many challenges, the state has continued to enjoy a vibrant and dynamic SME sector, which has recorded consistently good growth. The governor expressed confidence in the gas project’s ability to enhance the face of industries in the state, noting also that the project very much fits into his 4-pillars of economic transformation in Anambra State, key among which are energy and industrial development.

In consideration of the strategic positioning of Anambra State with respect to the Nigeria Gas Master Plan and power revolution, and given the vast proven and undiscovered gas reserves potential of the State, the imperative for the execution of a Natural Gas distribution grid in Anambra cannot be over-emphasised.

Restating the company's commitment to deliver on the project, Ezigbo stated: “Our credo is ‘Think Gas...think Falcon’ and this expresses Falcon’s corporate commitment to the development, optimisation, full commercial, industrial and economic exploitation of natural gas across Nigeria."

He added: “We believe our gas operations have significant economic and social impact, and thus view our gas development efforts as a National service first and as business second. We have done excellent work in Ikorodu Natural Gas distribution Zone, and we are committed to the replication of our successes across the nation – starting with Anambra State”.

Falcon Corporation Limited, a wholly indigenous and proudly ISO 9001:2008 certified company, commenced operations in 1994 under the trade name ‘Falcon Petroleum Limited’. In 2013, the company changed it's corporate name in the wake of her 20th year anniversary of active operations, as well as to reflect her enhanced scope of operations and investments.

The firm's core specialisations are in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (Pipeline Construction; Fabrication and Structural Steel Works; Technical Procurement); as well as Natural Gas Distribution.

Operating under a 20-year Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) Agreement with NGC/NNPC, Falcon has achieved notable mileage as the licensed Local Distribution Company (LDC) and Franchise Operator of the Ikorodu Natural Gas Distribution Zone of Lagos State, having delivered its ‘First Gas’ in November 2006 and to date supplying several Million Standard Cubic Feet per day of Natural Gas to various industries within the Ikorodu franchise zone through an extensive network of pipelines and distribution infrastructure, Falcon is well positioned to deliver in Anambra State.http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/falcon-corporation-anambra-state-govt-sign-mou-for-gas-supply-distribution/200995/

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2015
Hospitality industry booms as the 5 star Best Western Meloch berths in Awka. Real and genuine hospitality industry like ours is driven by strong and thriving economic activities from industrialization to economic investments that attracts both expatriates and local investors alike..

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 10:09am On Feb 05, 2015
Where in Awka is this Hotel located?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 06, 2015
Zonacom:
Where in Awka is this Hotel located?

ifite awka along commissioners quarters bypass.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by francizy(m): 9:10am On Feb 06, 2015
olodoowoh:
Anambrarians brag a lot and it's gonna make we other igbo people start bashing them on nairaland. Very arrogant set of people.

All I can say is that we Igbos don't deserve the Yoruba and Hausa people's respect we're clamouring for, if we spit nonsense like this about other Igbo states.
What a pity. Tomorrow when those tribes takes a swipe at the Igbos, you will be the one crying fowl!

#spits

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 5:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
The issue is here again, this time with a much uglier presentation.
What issue? Low turn out of voters
Anambra State is among the States with the highest percentage of eligible voters who are yet to collect their PVC. Most persons are disinterested and this may not be unconnected with the way and manner INEC and the script writers conducted the 2013 gov elections in the state.
Voters left their business in different parts of the State, came out in their numbers waited under the Sun while the script writers thought it best to either completely disorganize the register or withdraw it from some areas. Nnewi and Idemili North were worst hit. The result was announced, rejoinders followed. Less than 15% of the voting population of the state determined the results. A phenomenon which many of us knew would set a wrong precedent
Next Chief Victor Umeh was to speak, according to him on Silverbird tv, there was nothing wrong with that he posited that even when only a tiny fraction of voting population voted it does not invalidate or discredit an entire process
Before him Chief Ubah of LP, he spoke almost coming to tears that election rigging where people will come out to vote with their cards only to be told they registered elsewhere, Somebody who registered at Nkwo ward is told to check his/her name at Ichi ward II will have consequences in future
Enters PDP publicity Secretary, Chief Metuh via telephone, he declared the entire process was okay and re-affirms the faith of the electorate in the conduct of the election. Feeders had it Olisah was nowhere near Anambra during the election
A very low turn out of voters makes hijackings of ballot boxes, thumbprinting of excess ballot papers in the comfort of Hotel suites much easier for election riggers. It may favour one yesterday but today it can be in favour of another.
How do we handle the increasing voter apathy?
To be Contd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.