Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,637 members, 7,958,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:47 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1253550 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
tabletman1:
Kriskol abi wetin una dey call am is expanding their facility.
My brother thanks for your contribution.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 5:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Harbour Industrial Estate is really filled with industries.

tabletman1:
I don't know what they produce in this company at the left hand side of the road Opposite kriskol.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Schematics:
Harbour Industrial Estate is really filled with industries.

are you chino grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
tabletman1:
Abeg who know the owner of this feeding mill?

Its a large mill industry and they produce feed 24/7

3dankey if visit this feeding mill, you will know that the east still has a lot to do to catch other regions via agriculture.

The northerners will bring the soya beans and corns for production, they will load and export the finish products back to their region.

Tabletman1 I know that the north have gone far in terms of Agriculture,which I am not trying to distort the fact. I know that we are trying,even though we have not gotten their, we will get their by Gods grace.

I know for sure that Coche Farm in Anaku have started operation stage by stage, am also hoping that Omor rice mill will be up and running. Trusting God that the MOU signed recently will be a reality concerning that rice mill. Eckel farm is also coming on board with tomato and cassava, don't worry my brother I am optimistic that we will get there.

I don't know who owns that feeding mill,and concerning the soya beans and corn I think the soil type may also be a challenge for us in the east (I stand to be corrected).

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
tabletman1:
Abeg who know the owner of this feeding mill?

Its a large mill industry and they produce feed 24/7

3dankey if visit this feeding mill, you will know that the east still has a lot to do to catch other regions via agriculture.

The northerners will bring the soya beans and corns for production, they will load and export the finish products back to their region.
I Think it is U.A.C FEEDS or POKOBROS FEEDS!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
Schematics:
Look at the google earth. GMC is at the front while the access road to SAB is just by the side. The shape of the land is in such a way that GMC is at the fron while SAB is at the back overlooking the Niger.

Wow shocked so GCM is still working am surprised ooo...I know someone that use to work @ GCM formerly... can still remember their calendar and other things that he use to have then.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abeg,somebody should arrest that wheel barrow man with sugarcane..They are the ones littering the roads with refuse.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
I will be very very very very glad if GCM is still functioning, i want that company to be revitilize to it optimuin capacity, i could rembr as a kid the thousands GCM was employing.

Tabletman and Schmatic howfar with Limca, i heard they are trying to bounce back?

In that Harbour Ind Estate, Pokobros is there(but farming and Manufacturing of Whiz Super Oil), Goldern Oil is there too.

The former Power Mike Sport complex was bought by Calidon the owner of Krisoral, i dnt know what is happening there now but i know manufacting have started long time ago.
Opposite the PowerMike is PZ Wharehouse, beside it is Perobe Steel Constructions.
Infact many industries are littered there in Harbour but i still think Nnewi is stilll more Industrialize than Onitsha, i stand to be corrected though.

-------------------------------------
Has anybody visited Stella Oduah's farm at Akili, she is into animal husbandry and fish farming, the woman sabi business dieeeeeee, the number of foreigners there is uncountable, if you see her farm and how the farm was built to international standard you will know that the woman sabi wella.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
God bless you, you investigated very well, but they should have trim those grasses now so that the place will look like where humans are passing or earning their living

Here is the website of the krisoral Group there and another of their subsidiary

http://www.krisoralgroup.com/en/

http://www.easterndistilleries.com/

tabletman1:
Buddahmonk,
I have confirmed about that GCM, and I was told that GMC is still operating in same compound with Sabmiller. They are expanding their facility as u can see from outside sabmiller factory.

And remember I told you that Bc ifegbo is still operating, his factory is located opposite kriskol abi wetin una dey call am.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
vanbonattel:
i am not here to cause trouble, am just asking about how to find ofe onugbu to eat this afternoon. cool
Are u still looking for ofe onugbu? gringrin

Jump okada, tell him to take you to spinnach restaurant at Bida road...

The pictures below are the bida road with spinach attach to it at the bottomgringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buddahmonk I don't know anything about limca but what I know is that I still drink limca with okpa in the morning at least 3times a weekgringrin and coca cola is the one running things for limca now via say dem don market am to coca cola company.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 2:48am On Oct 16, 2014
tabletman1:
9inches pls I need more pictures from Nkpor.

Good pictures so far, Nkpor is not doing bad, at least your pix can relate with my previous comments on total neglect of onitsha and environs.

@bolded, Yes by past administrations until Peter Obi came to the rescue. He at least remembered Nkpor. Obiano should continue from where he stopped though
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 4:26am On Oct 16, 2014
tabletman1:
Please try and make some inquiry about one kind power plant 459mw to be precise with the name century.

Find out if they are through with the project, and also the town/city the plant is going to serve.

Wish u safe journey in advance.

Century Power Generation Limited (CPG) is currently developing a 1500MW gas-fired power plant in Okija, Anambra State. The project is being developed in 3 phases; the first phase is a 495MW open cycle plant, which will be commissioned in 2015. The entire 1500MW capacity is scheduled to be completed by 2018.

Read about it here: http://century-power.com/about-cpg.html

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2014
tabletman1:
Buddahmonk I don't know anything about limca but what I know is that I still drink limca with okpa in the morning at least 3times a weekgringrin and coca cola is the one running things for limca now via say dem don market am to coca cola company.

This part got me laughing grin grin, but wait oooo...what have happened 2 all our known companies cry.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2014
The 8th Edition of Anambra State Sports Festival commenced today. This is the first version of the state-wide sports competition under the new administration of Willie Obiano. #TeamObiano

Gov Obiano during the kick off ceremony at Rojenny International Stadium, Oba declared a new era for sports development in the State.

Read the Governor's Speech...

THE OPENING ADDRESS PRESENTED BY THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE, CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO AT THE 8TH EDITION OF THE ANAMBRA STATE FESTIVAL AT ROJENNY SPORTS STADIUM, OBA ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2014.

Protocols

It is with great pleasure that I welcome everyone to the 8th edition of the Anambra State Sports festival. This is the first Sports Festival under my watch. It is therefore the first step in the bold efforts of my administration to begin a revolution in sports in Anambra State.

Ndi Anambra, as we are gathered here today, we are standing in the shadows of Nigeria’s heroes and legends. This is because, from time immemorial, our beloved state has made a big mark in the field of sports. Most of the people who pioneered sporting excellence in the history of Nigeria are indigenes of Anambra State.

The great Zik of Africa and Owelle of Onitsha, Right Hon Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was a great sports man. He was a good boxer, swimmer, footballer and football administrator in his time. In his time, Zik aspired to represent Nigeria as an individual athlete at the British Empire Games in London as far back as 1939. Though he was denied entry into the games by the colonial political establishment, Zik never allowed that denial to discourage him from becoming a keen sportsman all through his life, bringing the spirit of sportsmanship to bear on his brand of politics to the benefit of the country.

Many other Ndi Anambra have followed Zik’s steps to distinguish themselves in the field of sports. Emmanuel Ifeajuna pioneered sporting excellence for Nigeria in 1954 when he won the Gold Medal in High Jump at the Commonwealth Games. Since then, other Anambra athletes have followed in his footsteps to achieve great records in different sporting activities. We all remember our own Innocent Egbunike, Silver-winning Olympic medalist, Mary Onyali Omagbemi, Rufina Umeh, Obinna Metu, Emmanuel Okala, Sylvanus Okpala, Mikel Obi, Emmanuel Emenike, Ifeoma Nwoye, Amaka Ogoegbunam and many others who have successfully placed Anambra State in the sporting map of the world.

Ndi Anambra, the strategic approach of my administration to sports development in Anambra State focuses on three areas – the discovering and nurturing of talents and the development of sporting infrastructure across the state. The third component is the reward for outstanding achievements and the welfare of coaches. We shall restructure our policies to encourage more sporting competitions that will serve as talent hunts. We shall also remodel existing facilities in the three senatorial zones to meet the dynamics of the times. We shall acknowledge and reward high performing athletes and coaches. When we do our work very well in these three areas, Anambra State shall return to its glorious days as the reference point in sporting excellence in Nigeria.

This Sports Festival offers us a great opportunity to begin the journey of returning Anambra State to reckoning in Nigerian sports. We shall build on the foundation laid by our great sports ambassadors and discover young talents that will win more laurels for our dear state and the country as a whole. I have no doubt that the youngsters that will emerge winners in different categories in this festival will evolve into great athletes that will make Anambra State proud.

Interestingly, this Festival serves the important purpose of discovering and preparing a team of talented youngsters that will represent Anambra State in the National Sports Festival that will take place in Calabar, Cross River State. I am optimistic that with our efforts here, the team that will represent our dear state will restore sporting glory to Anambra State.

I wish to thank the Hon Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Chief Tony Nnachetta and all the coaches who prepared the participating teams and individual athletes for this festival.

As you use this festival to prepare to represent Anambra State in the coming National Sports Festival in Calabar, I urge you to always remember that you are from Anambra State. I urge you to remember the shining light you bear as Ndi Anambra.

On this note, I hereby declare the 8th Edition of the Anambra State Sports Festival open!

God Bless Anambra State

God bless Nigeria

Thank you

Chief Willie Obiano
Governor Anambra State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2014
WIW

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2014
3dankey why do u always view this thread? gringrin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
Well arranged streets of Amafor west, Nkpor needs tarring so that people can start driving their dream cars smiley
Notice the trend- in the early 90's, it used to be 3-storey buildings; late 90's it went to 4-storey; presently you can hardly see a new building that is less than 5-storey

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
Schematics:
The 8th Edition of Anambra State Sports Festival commenced today

More pics: http://willieisworking..com/2014/10/photos-8th-anambra-state-sports.html

What kinda match past is this pls? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Valto(m): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
9inches:
Well arranged streets of Amafor west, Nkpor needs tarring so that people can start driving their dream cars smiley
Notice the trend- in the early 90's, it used to be 3-storey buildings; late 90's it went to 4-storey; presently you can hardly see a new building that is less than 5-storey
wow. (the first picture) this is united primary school nkpor agu. The school i attended and the area i grew up.i used to reside in that white 4-storey building overlooking the school as seen in the picture. Peter obi did a marvellous job by tarring old Mercedes parts Avenue from new parts junction till the end and tarring agulu avenue all the way from tarzan junction to omagba

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
grin
tabletman1:
3dankey why do u always view this thread? gringrin

grin my brother u can notice things ooo, I just love Anambra State with passion and want to see her grow to greater height and also feel that we can use this thread to promote our state.

Am from Orumba South Ezira precisely and am not around presently,but I am thinking of calling my cousin brother to cover that Area for this thread(if he is free though).

That feed mill ^ I think it belong to UAC, but don't know if Pokobros have acquired it sha.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2014
BuddahMonk:
I will be very very very very glad if GCM is still functioning, i want that company to be revitilize to it optimuin capacity, i could rembr as a kid the thousands GCM was employing.

Tabletman and Schmatic howfar with Limca, i heard they are trying to bounce back?

In that Harbour Ind Estate, Pokobros is there(but farming and Manufacturing of Whiz Super Oil), Goldern Oil is there too.

The former Power Mike Sport complex was bought by Calidon the owner of Krisoral, i dnt know what is happening there now but i know manufacting have started long time ago.
Opposite the PowerMike is PZ Wharehouse, beside it is Perobe Steel Constructions.
Infact many industries are littered there in Harbour but[b] i still think Nnewi is stilll more Industrialize than Onitsha[/b], i stand to be corrected though.

-------------------------------------
Has anybody visited Stella Oduah's farm at Akili, she is into animal husbandry and fish farming, the woman sabi business dieeeeeee, the number of foreigners there is uncountable, if you see her farm and how the farm was built to international standard you will know that the woman sabi wella.

Nnewi host more than 50 industries both large and small.

http://tummy-tummyfoods.com/en/

www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/

www.chicasongrp.com/new/index.php?option=com_content

www.cutixplc.com.ng/home/about

Union Autoparts Manufacturing Company Limited

Goldenshore Nigeria Limited

O Sam Onrock Company Limited

Chemtech Chemicals Ltd.

Ibeto Petrochemicals Limited

A-Z Gas Plant Limited

Jezco company

LIMITRACO IND. LTD etc.

Dozzy oil
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Louis Caarter
Uru Group
Ejiamatu
Ogbuawa;

I think Nnewi is more industrialize than Onitsha

FKO81:

Nnewi host more than 50 companies both large and small.

http://tummy-tummyfoods.com/en/

www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/

www.chicasongrp.com/new/index.php?option=com_content

www.cutixplc.com.ng/home/about

Union Autoparts Manufacturing Company Limited

Goldenshore Nigeria Limited

O Sam Onrock Company Limited

Chemtech Chemicals Ltd.

Ibeto Petrochemicals Limited

A-Z Gas Plant Limited

Jezco company

LIMITRACO IND. LTD etc.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2014
9inches:

More pics: http://willieisworking..com/2014/10/photos-8th-anambra-state-sports.html

What kinda match past is this pls? cheesy

grin gringrin this matching is very funny,just look @ those guys in the front row.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:03am On Oct 17, 2014
UPDATE on the five star Agulu Lake Resort/Convention Center..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2014
UPDATE: Nnewi City Shoprite Mall..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2014
UPDATE on Onitsha Shoprite mall..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:43am On Oct 17, 2014
they should use this opportunity the coming dry season to speed up the construction of these malls....it looks slow.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:48am On Oct 17, 2014
asha80:
they should use this opportunity the coming dry season to speed up the construction of these malls....it looks slow.

The malls are extremely very big especially the one in Onitsha..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2014
Nnewi "city?" Schematics thats the first time ive seen city used, rather than town. It has a nice ring to it.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Schematics:

The malls are extremely very big especially the one in Onitsha..
it is not about the size of the malls but speed of construction
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:
Nnewi "city?" Schematics thats the first time ive seen city used, rather than town. It has a nice ring to it.
IF the structural masterplan is implemented to the letter it can comfortably called a city but only IF....

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.