Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228001 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:59am On Oct 22, 2014
Onitsha (Anambra) - The Anambra State Government has expressed readiness to fence its major dumpsite on the Onitsha-Owerri Road.

The state Commissioner for Environment, Mr Evarest Uba, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Onitsha.

“The fencing will be done with appropriate gates immediately after the abatement of the rains this October.

“With the fencing off, there will be no report of dumping refuse close to the road any longer, while the ugly site the dumpsite registers will cease to be,’’ he said.

“The government, after reviewing all the happening within and around the dumpsite, decided to fence-off the dumpsite as the first of two solutions it has come up with to tackle issues concerning the dumpsite.

“The Solution Two, which will come later, will be coming in of a Ukrainian firm to use the massive dumpsite to generate electricity after sorting out the non-bio-degradable materials.

“We are already discussing with the firm; the discussion, God willing, will materialise after a period of time,’’ he said.

The commissioner said that the solutions were part of the urban renewal strategy meant to reposition Onitsha as a mega-city and commercial hub in West Africa.

Uba urged residents of Onitsha to maintain a clean and healthy environment through proper waste disposal.

“We are appealing to our people to join the government to arrest anybody or group dumping refuse indiscriminately or doing anything inimical to the environment,’’ he said.

http://nigerianobservernews.com/22102014/business/business4.html#.VEdwZvldU5A

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:01am On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by shizzleStar: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
God bless Anambra state!

God bless the south East!

God bless Alaigbo nile!! coolcoolcool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
Schematics:
Onitsha (Anambra) - The Anambra State Government has expressed readiness to fence its major dumpsite on the Onitsha-Owerri Road.

The state Commissioner for Environment, Mr Evarest Uba, made this known in an interview with newsmen in Onitsha.

“The fencing will be done with appropriate gates immediately after the abatement of the rains this October.

“With the fencing off, there will be no report of dumping refuse close to the road any longer, while the ugly site the dumpsite registers will cease to be,’’ he said.

“The government, after reviewing all the happening within and around the dumpsite, decided to fence-off the dumpsite as the first of two solutions it has come up with to tackle issues concerning the dumpsite.

“The Solution Two, which will come later, will be coming in of a Ukrainian firm to use the massive dumpsite to generate electricity after sorting out the non-bio-degradable materials.

“We are already discussing with the firm; the discussion, God willing, will materialise after a period of time,’’ he said.

The commissioner said that the solutions were part of the urban renewal strategy meant to reposition Onitsha as a mega-city and commercial hub in West Africa.

Uba urged residents of Onitsha to maintain a clean and healthy environment through proper waste disposal.

“We are appealing to our people to join the government to arrest anybody or group dumping refuse indiscriminately or doing anything inimical to the environment,’’ he said.

I am just happy that government have a plan about our environment. Thank you schematics for this.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Schematics:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 1:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
But I told you earlier that the commissioner of environment is on his toes.. cheesy

3dankey:

I am just happy that government have a plan about our environment. Thank you schematics for this.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
3dankey:

The first sign of a responsible government is usually the determination to make the environment habitable. Akpabio's first task was to fix the Ibom square and plant flowers around the major roundabouts in Uyo. It was an initial sign of a leader uncomfortable with a dirty, disorganized state.

Willie is truly a great leader and he is working to fix the state!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
I dont know what plan Obiano has for inner street of Nkpor but attention is needed there.
The local government chairman need to work with state govt to fix all those streets because the last time I was in Nigeria I didn't like what I saw there. You have gigantic buildings without accessible roads. Vehicles are getting stuck,thereby causing painful hold up.
I know these wont be done overnight but it need to be on the list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
@ Schematics! We need aggressive orientation concerning our environment. Even though I am happy about this,we still need to keep up with the good work.

I will like to see the Commissioner put all his talk to work and see that we accomplish this great height.
Schematic please do you have any ideal about the airport project apart from the fact that a committee was recently formed to look into it.

Seriously I am worried about the following;
1, The issue of Onitsha river port. If government can convince our importers to use the port thereby reducing the amount they will pay for Trans-loading to smaller barges of ship.
2, If the ^cannot work,then see to it that Abaka Deep seaport is realized and from their connect it by rail from aba to other eastern states(especially Onitsha & Nnewi).
3, Lastly that International/Cargo airport need to be achieved to fully place Anambra in the league of economically viable states.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
The Onitsha Port has been completed and currently undergoing concession process the last we checked, this will see to the full commercialization of the port for full economic activity to take place. Already Orient petroleum, Sabmiller etc.. are already using the Onitsha Port and River Niger channel for the conveyance of their products and materials but that remains on unofficial basis..

The International Cargo/Passenger airport; its site has been acquired around Otuocha/Aguleri/Nteje and compensation fully paid though that was during Obi's time, now Obiano has gone ahead to inaugurated the advisory committee that will see to the delivery of the airport. This is the beauty of continuity in governance. The airport is central in that it is not too far from the Orient Petroleum refinery and equally about 15-20 mins to Onitsha, 30-35 mins to Awka and 45-50 mins to Nnewi. On completion it will be Nigeria's busiest airport after Abuja, Lagos and maybe PH.

The airport advisory committee are supposed to deliver their report soon because they equally have the mandate to deliver the airport in 18-22 months from now. The good thing is that the former aviation minister Stella Oduah is the chairman of the committee and presently an Anambran in the person of Chidoka is the current aviation minister. It will just be an easy ride. I am equally hoping that Chidoka will bring the 'aerotropolice' to the Anambra airport because each region is supposed to have one for itself. I have worked with Chidoka on a project so I know how passionate he is concerning anything that will be of good benefit to Anambra..

3dankey:
@ Schematics! We need aggressive orientation concerning our environment. Even though I am happy about this,we still need to keep up with the good work.

I will like to see the Commissioner put all his talk to work and see that we accomplish this great height.
Schematic please do you have any ideal about the airport project apart from the fact that a committee was recently formed to look into it.

Seriously I am worried about the following;
1, The issue of Onitsha river port. If government can convince our importers to use the port thereby reducing the amount they will pay for Trans-loading to smaller barges of ship.
2, If the ^cannot work,then see to it that Abaka Deep seaport is realized and from their connect it by rail from aba to other eastern states(especially Onitsha & Nnewi).
3, Lastly that International/Cargo airport need to be achieved to fully place Anambra in the league of economically viable states.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Schematics Chukwu gozie gi!.... Anambra ga adi riri mma!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:
from where to where are you going? And which side of anambra did you pass?

undecided undecided
Some people can lie shaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spodathug: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:

undecided undecided
I was traveling to lagos by car,passed owerri onitsha expressway down to onitsha then took a break to see places around the city,my phone was flat if not i would have supplied this thread with some cool pics.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by spodathug: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Some people can lie shaaaa.
you are the liar,mpor rerere ri ka gi.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
tabletman1:

undecided undecided

^^^Omo......see interrogation! grin grin grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hotels and other facilities shut down over taxes

BY ABUCHI IFESINACHI, AWKA

The Anambra Government on Monday sealed-off two hotels and three other facilities over the refusal of owners to pay three years property rates valued at N1,032,000.
The facilities sealed-off are Grace Royal Hotel, Okpuno-Awka; Standford Hotel, Awka, a residential building on number 348, Ziks Ave., Awka, Oando filling station at the Enugu-Onitsha expressway, Amawbia, and a students’ lodge called Santa Maria lodge, Awka.
Mr Sylvester Agbapu, the Head of Enforcement Unit of Anambra Property and Use Charge (APLUC), explained that the closure followed the order of an Awka Magistrate Court presided over by Magistrate LaurettaOkoye.
“We don’t derive joy in sealing-off the property but you will discover that some people purposely and blatantlyrefuse to pay their property rates.
They even sometimes refuse to accept hearing notices from court bailiff
We usually give them a grace of three months bill notice before charging them to court
“The judgment was secured after they failed to pay their APLUC bills from 2011 to 2013.
He advised property owners to pay up their bills or risk having their buildings sealed-off.
He disclosed that the agency was currently handling more than 4,000 cases in Idemili, Onitsha, Aguata, Nnewi and Ihiala local council areas

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQ-AsoATAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spyghana.com%2Fhotels-and-other-facilities-shut-down-over-taxes%2F&ei=OepHVJjQLYOrPNrwgZAL&usg=AFQjCNHtD4ARix2fSBwqlavGruOPnha1aw

Serves these idio/ts right! Maybe they think manna will fall down from heaven for the state gov't to convert to dollars and naira so they can have sufficient funds to pay for all the infrastructure the state needs! Or maybe they think a fairy just has to snap her fingers and new roads, hospitals and schools appear out of the blue!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Schematics:
But I told you earlier that the commissioner of environment is on his toes.. cheesy

commission for environment is on his fingertips grin

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
spodathug:
you are the liar,mpor rerere ri ka gi.
What's this one saying
Onye bukwa onye barrow nkea

Any small thing they will start insulting themselves thinking they are making sense.

Abia na uche gi now, you can write igbo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
spodathug:
I was traveling to lagos by car,passed owerri onitsha expressway down to onitsha then took a break to see places around the city,my phone was flat if not i would have supplied this thread with some cool pics.

Me sef, I was in Onitsha but my phone died! grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:

Me sef, I was in Onitsha but my phone died! grin

^^^Your situation is marginally better than mine! I was in a traffic hold-up in Onitsha the other day, and was just about to start snapping pics with my brand new Iphone when it suddenly grew wings, flew out my hands and straight out the car window.......i almost choked on the gala i was munching on at the time as i watched open-mouthed in amazement as it disappeared in the distance!! Ok, so i phoned Apple to complain, and they said they're not responsible since i unwittingly downloaded a wing-growing virus with the free app i was offered on some dodgy por/no website......they said by now my phone is probably halfway to China where the fuc/kers plan on reselling it! sad

Moral of the story: If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
Everywhere is still dusty and dirty. I wonder the hype.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
We really need the govt to do something about this our dust and unswept roads.
I went to nnewi today.i wasn't impress yet people shout on net that everywhere is now like dubai.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Anymore pictures, Ilovenigeria?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 23, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Your situation is marginally better than mine! I was in a traffic hold-up in Onitsha the other day, and was just about to start snapping pics with my brand new Iphone when it suddenly grew wings, flew out my hands and straight out the car window.......i almost choked on the gala i was munching on at the time as i watched open-mouthed in amazement as it disappeared in the distance!! Ok, so i phoned Apple to complain, and they said they're not responsible since i unwittingly downloaded a wing-growing virus with the free app i was offered on some dodgy por/no website......they said by now my phone is probably halfway to China where they fuc/kers plan on reselling it! sad

Moral of the story: If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is!!

Dafuq? was your phone snatched from your hand by thieves or is this just fiction?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ikengawo: 12:16am On Oct 23, 2014
Schematics:

Spectacular project! Monetizing biowaste by turning it into energy will make keeping anambra clean a sustainable and permanent fixture
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 1:33am On Oct 23, 2014
Ilovenigeria:
I went to nnewi today.i wasn't impress yet people shout on net that everywhere is now like dubai.

My brother, i feel your pain.
Compared to the untarred roads and water logged streets around the Orizu roundabout in the other picture, this is a lot of improvement.

However, we do need to do things in the standard way. Properly mark the roads and sweep them. It will be a long time before a state like Anambra incorporates street sweeping and flowers planting on the roads again into our habit, but with constant agitation from the citizens for the government to do better, it will begin to happen someday.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 4:52am On Oct 23, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:
Anymore pictures, Ilovenigeria?

I tried to get the pictures of the said Nnewi shoprite still under construction but the security guy pursued me.
I must confess the work there is slow, I expected more ..

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:26am On Oct 23, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Lol.
the concept of nnewi being japan is more of indigenous technology and not that of environmental looks .

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 6:44am On Oct 23, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Lol.
the concept of nnewi being japan is more of indigenous technology and not that of environmental looks .
But environmental looks are very necessary.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:39am On Oct 23, 2014
Most of those dust around the Triangle are coming from the debris at the site of the construction of the mall. Although Obiano has concluded plans to dualize and rebuild the roads around the area because of the expected traffic the mall will generate when completed..

Ilovenigeria:

Governor Willie Obiano was and received by equally enthusiastic residents and traders at Nnewi as he stormed the Shoprite Centre located at the former Nkwo-Nnewi Triangle where he appreciated the pioneering business wizardly of the indigenes of the area led by the late Sir Louis Philip Odumegwu-Ojukwu, whom he recalled was so successful in business that when the Queen of England visited Nigeria many decades ago, he offered the Federal government his personal Rolls Royce Car to chauffer her.

The Governor told the contracting firm, traders, residents and natives that he came on an inspection visit to assess the ongoing work, noting that “what we are constructing here is unprecedented. We don’t have this type of Mall anywhere. The car park is on top of the Mall, It is a befitting edifice to support the business acumen of Nnewi people”

Continued the governor: “Nnewi people are enterprising. We are giving them a Mall so that they can have a befitting business experience. The building will be completed by December this year while business will commence in April 2015. Governor Obiano assured that the road around the site would be dualized in anticipation of an increase in traffic, expressing confidence that the premises would take any number of vehicle given the fact that vehicles would be parked on top of the project while cultural activities of the people would also take place on top of the project.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72703
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Schematics:
Most of those dust around the Triangle are coming from the debris at the site of the construction of the mall. Although Obiano has concluded plans to dualize and rebuild the roads around the area because of the expected traffic the mall will generate when completed..

Governor Willie Obiano was and received by equally enthusiastic residents and traders at Nnewi as he stormed the Shoprite Centre located at the former Nkwo-Nnewi Triangle where he appreciated the pioneering business wizardly of the indigenes of the area led by the late Sir Louis Philip Odumegwu-Ojukwu, whom he recalled was so successful in business that when the Queen of England visited Nigeria many decades ago, he offered the Federal government his personal Rolls Royce Car to chauffer her.

The Governor told the contracting firm, traders, residents and natives that he came on an inspection visit to assess the ongoing work, noting that “what we are constructing here is unprecedented. We don’t have this type of Mall anywhere. The car park is on top of the Mall, It is a befitting edifice to support the business acumen of Nnewi people”

Continued the governor: “Nnewi people are enterprising. We are giving them a Mall so that they can have a befitting business experience. The building will be completed by December this year while business will commence in April 2015. Governor Obiano assured that the road around the site would be dualized in anticipation of an increase in traffic, expressing confidence that the premises would take any number of vehicle given the fact that vehicles would be parked on top of the project while cultural activities of the people would also take place on top of the project.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=72703
If they complete that building tis december ehhh let my hand bend. Nobody is doubting how enterprising Nnewi people are . Tbh in my own opinion that Nkwo triangle is not the best location for that shoprite.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2014
@Schematics the dusty road I saw was not limited to Nnewi roads alone, even the roads in onitsha too, only that I was scared to bring out my phone to take pictures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.