Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224197 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
uduokirika1:
My joy is not just in the Agricultural revolution but in the part been played by indegenious investors in the state!

Meanwhile somewhere around Umudim village Nnewi @Beverly-Hills stadium home of IfeanyiUba FC an Electro-magnetic scoreboard has just been installed! Following their official return to their home ground after some months sojurn @Rojenny Oba
I must commend Chief Ifeanyi Uba for channelling his money for the betterment of Anambra State!.Ifeanyi Uba is doing great!. I hope he invest also in heavy duty industry in Anambra State!. We have no other state but Anambra State!. It must be the Best!.The other Ubas should also join to make Anambra State the envy of many nations!

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Afam4eva(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
A lot of industrial ish is happening in Anambra that is not in the media. Igbos need media walahi.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
I was in Anambra during the weekend... It seems the Awka flyovers are progressing but why didnt they complete the flyovers one after the other instead of doing it at the same time. It seems the company is overwhelmed by the magnitude of the job. Even Julius Berger would be overwhelmed not to talk of IDC

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I was in Anambra during the weekend... It seems the Awka flyovers are progressing but why didnt they complete the flyovers one after the other instead of doing it at the same time. It seems the company is overwhelmed by the magnitude of the job. Even Julius Berger would be overwhelmed not to talk of IDC
it was part of the signed agreement between the contractor and the state government to construct the 3 bridges simultaneously. so IDC has no choice than to deliver the 3 flyovers at the same time. we are impressed with the quality of the work so far and I'm sure the projects will have solid finish. I really think we need to encourage our local firms. that's the only way they can grow to national recognition and possibly international. if we don't give them the opportunity to show what they can do, how will others know what they are capable of? people believe in seeing what you've done before they could entrust you with any sensitive contract. the Almighty Julius Berger that we all almost worship today didn't become this good overnight. they started around 1890 with some mushroom projects in Germany but with enough patronage which gave them international recognition. Julius Berger did their first international job in 1910. they began to grow into establishing branches in other countries including Nigeria. in 1965, Julius Berger Nigeria PLC was born with their first job being the construction of the Eko-bridge Lagos. it will be unfair to expect IDC to produce the same quality as Berger now. it's a gradual process, let's give them time and encourage them, perhaps one day they might do better than Berger.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
There has been an anticipation of another flyover in Awka following the recent incessant accidents at this particular junction. If you are familiar with immigration junction along the expressway, where we have the "Revenue House", you will notice that so many lives have been lost there in just this year due to accidents. The worst being the one that a trailer carrying containers crushing and compressing a car of a whole family coming back from church. The ongoing road construction there also contributed to the accidents because one side of the expressway was scrapped leaving one side for motorists. People have been suggesting different forms of lasting solutions to that and recently some stakeholders suggested a flyover at the junction to prevent vehicles crashing into crossing ones. Until we get the feedback from our able governor whether he'll construct the flyover or not, I've always suggested that if the governor doesn't award the construction of the flyover, there should be a speed breaker or traffic light or anything that will regulate the speed of vehicles at that area.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
Matthias Ilo Wrote on Facebook:

2nd Niger Bridge~~
The estimated construction cost of the entire Bridge project was N108billion,about US$700million(at the then exchange rate of 154/$). The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
made a commitment to contribute only N30billion
constituting 28% of the Project cost. The JBI-NMIC
consortium would raise the remaining funds for the
construction, operation and maintenance of the bridge and
adjacent roads of Phase 1 under a 25-year concession.
Out of the FGN commitment of N30billion, the FGN has till
date contributed N18.31billion of its contribution
comprising of; i) N8.464billion from Sure-P budget in August
2014 for Early Works II and ii) a further US$50million
(approx. ₦9.8billion) from its Eurobond loan for the execution of Early Works III.
A total sum of N10.4billion of the funds allocated by the
FGN has so far been disbursed, leaving a balance of about
N7.94 billion of Government contribution with the sponsors.
Funds have only been disbursed to the Contractor upon
successful attainment of construction milestones, which
have been verified by the Technical Advisor of the Project
(WSP Group), and rigorously scrutinized by the NSIA.
- WSP Group
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2015
Harvesting commences at Coscharis Farms, Anaku Anyamelum Lga of Anambra State!

First harvesting of rice at the 300 hectare-Rice field belonging to Coscharis Farms, at Anaku in Ayamelum Council Area, has commenced.
The Rice Farm Project is an outcome of a multi-million dollar Memorandum of Understanding signed in January this year between the State Government and the Coscharis Group.
The 508 square kilometer Rice Farm Project expected to cover a total of 2,800 hectares of land to be GPS land-leveled with full irrigation capability, had kicked off earlier this year with clearing of about 500 hectares of land out of which 300 hectares were cultivated.
When the ABS visited the site, harvesting was ongoing with a hi-tech four wheel harvester on site while construction of Farm Structures was ongoing despite the heavy downpour in recent days.
The produce was then moved through a mechanized process to the temporary Pallets where they were being bagged by casual workers, to be either taken for milling or to be packaged as seedlings for replanting.
According to Engr. Wessel Ludewig, an Expatriate from South Africa handling the Harvester, they have been able to cover only 3 hectares due to the muddy condition of the soil occasioned by the heavy downpour as against the 12 hectare per day capacity of the equipment if the conditions are perfect.
Speaking to newsmen, the Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr Afam Mbanefo said the project was one of its numerous engagements with private investors through which the present administration aims to drive its vision for the transformation of the State Agricultural Sector to fruition, adding that the timelines agreed for the MoUs were being monitored to ensure compliance and prompt delivery of the projects.
According to him, an outstanding benefit of the venture is the collaboration with Out growers where they will be provided with new improved rice seedlings and also linked with their off-takers to ensure that their produce are exhausted, noting that plans are underway as to how the Silos at Igbariam will be utilized for proper storage of grains in the event of bumper harvest so as to avoid glut of any kind.
The General Manager of the Farm, Mr Bharat Dhir explained that they had a temporary arrangement to plant and harvest as early as possible as a precautionary measure towards the predictions of heavy flooding this year as well as to generate enough seedlings to distribute to Out growers for improved yield in the next planting season.
He further revealed that they are partnering irrigation Consortia from the Netherlands, Australia and South Africa to develop a master irrigation plan and flood management system for the farm as a permanent solution to the flood problems anticipated in the area.
It will be recalled that the engagement with the Farm as alluded to by Governor Willie Obiano, is to produce about 150, 000 metric tons of rice to support the 20,000 metric tons which the state is at present producing, and which falls short of the total 300,000 metric tons it consumes.
According to the Governor, with the increased support to out growers, the y will be able to generate the remaining balance that will overturn the deficit and guarantee food sufficiency in rice production as well as generate surplus for export.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
The government of Anambra State in South East Nigeria plans to make the state a choice destination for investment and industrialisation. Willie Obiano Governor of Anambra State joins CNBC Africa to discuss plans to grow Nigeria's second most densely populated state

http://www.cnbcafrica.com/video/?bctid=4421242425001

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ofodirinwa: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
That man is not playing GAMES! Wow

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
uduokirika1:
My joy is not just in the Agricultural revolution but in the part been played by indegenious investors in the state!

Meanwhile somewhere around Umudim village Nnewi @Beverly-Hills stadium home of IfeanyiUba FC an Electro-magnetic scoreboard has just been installed! Following their official return to their home ground after some months sojurn @Rojenny Oba
I am from anambra state but support Eyimba FC since 2003, is ifeanyi uba FC the only FC from anambra state in the NPL? I need an answer if yÓu have any. I think what ifeanyi ubah is doing is commendable. I once talked with friends about the kind of millionaires and billionaires we have in this country who do not invest heavily in areas that would give them profit in the long run and still on the other hand develop their communities.....I was upset when Danngote decided to buy arsenal. Was wondering what happened to kano pillars since I believe he is from kano state......well,at least in the area of sports where I have keen interest ifeanyi uba has really impressed though I feel he could do better that what he is doing......and coscharis one of the rich people I respect from zero to hero..............other wealÞhy individuals should take a cue from these people.......being rich isn't all about the fancy cars you have or the most expensive houses but how well you impact your society...........God bless

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2015
investnow2013:
I must commend Chief Ifeanyi Uba for channelling his money for the betterment of Anambra State!.Ifeanyi Uba is doing great!. I hope he invest also in heavy duty industry in Anambra State!. We have no other state but Anambra State!. It must be the Best!.The other Ubas should also join to make Anambra State the envy of many nations!
I think you are one of the dudes I respect on this thread.......you are doing a very wonderful job......

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 9:26am On Sep 04, 2015
meccuno:
I am from anambra state but support Eyimba FC since 2003, is ifeanyi uba FC the only FC from anambra state in the NPL? I need an answer if yÓu have any. I think what ifeanyi ubah is doing is commendable. I once talked with friends about the kind of millionaires and billionaires we have in this country who do not invest heavily in areas that would give them profit in the long run and still on the other hand develop their communities.....I was upset when Danngote decided to buy arsenal. Was wondering what happened to kano pillars since I believe he is from kano state......well,at least in the area of sports where I have keen interest ifeanyi uba has really impressed though I feel he could do better that what he is doing......and coscharis one of the rich people I respect from zero to hero..............other wealÞhy individuals should take a cue from these people.......being rich isn't all about the fancy cars you have or the most expensive houses but how well you impact your society...........God bless

IfeanyiUba Fc is former Gabros fc it was acquired by Ifeanyi Uba early this year.

Yeah its the only club from Anambra currently playing in the NPFL.

Though some great Anambra philatropist are trying to set up different formindable clubsides if only they will plough their resources together rather than proriferation of clubs.

Anayo Obiakor is running a very good club side in Awka and they are now known as SMITH CITY FC (The Iron stallions) they were 4th position at the concluded Anambra federations cup.

While the Great Ikpeazu family of Onitsha have re-acquired Anambra United of onitsha renaming it Ikpeazu Roundtables FC they were the 2nd runners up in the states FAcup

Cardinal Arinze (Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha) have also acquired Anambra Pillars and they are now known as Cardinal FC they played in the states federation cup final and represented Anambra state along side Ifeanyiuba(Gabros fc) in the National FA cup competition as they were the 1st runners up in the states FA cup which Ifeanyiuba won.

I heard talks are ongoing to transfer Udoji united rights to new owners @Neros sports complex management in Nanka after d completion of the facility.

It is on record that Anambra remains the only state in Nigeria running football clubs without any form of government intervention and have over the years churn out stars flying the Nigeria's green-white-green right from the days of Jasper and Udoji united. Austin Ejide was Gabros' goalkeeper when he was called for the super eagles team in Japan/Korea 2002!!!

Players like Jeotex Frimpong of Ghana, Taye Taiwo, Solomon Okoronkwo, Chinedu Ogbuke(obasi), Daniel Akpeyi etc. All started here from Anambra

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
uduokirika1:

IfeanyiUba Fc is former Gabros fc it was acquired by Ifeanyi Uba early this year.

Yeah its the only club from Anambra currently playing in the NPFL.

Though some great Anambra philatropist are trying to set up different formindable clubsides if only they will plough their resources together rather than proriferation of clubs.

Anayo Obiakor is running a very good club side in Awka and they are now known as SMITH CITY FC (The Iron stallions) they were 4th position at the concluded Anambra federations cup.

While the Great Ikpeazu family of Onitsha have re-acquired Anambra United of onitsha renaming it Ikpeazu Roundtables FC they were the 2nd runners up in the states FAcup

Cardinal Arinze (Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha) have also acquired Anambra Pillars and they are now known as Cardinal FC they played in the states federation cup final and represented Anambra state along side Ifeanyiuba(Gabros fc) in the National FA cup competition as they were the 1st runners up in the states FA cup which Ifeanyiuba won.

I heard talks are ongoing to transfer Udoji united rights to new owners @Neros sports complex management in Nanka after d completion of the facility.

It is on record that Anambra remains the only state in Nigeria running football clubs without any form of government intervention and have over the years churn out stars flying the Nigeria's green-white-green right from the days of Jasper and Udoji united. Austin Ejide was Gabros' goalkeeper when he was called for the super eagles team in Japan/Korea 2002!!!

Players like Jeotex Frimpong of Ghana, Taye Taiwo, Solomon Okoronkwo, Chinedu Ogbuke(obasi), Daniel Akpeyi etc. All started here from Anambra
one problem I have with most igbo businesses are their poor website.....whe you go to other FC abroad, u are enthralled by the quality and presentation of how they want people to view their club...thes SE states and igbos in general should work on that...I go to Eyimbas site and am not really impressed...I hope the ubah guy would set a standard and I believe he would... ....am happy there are many clubs in anambra as I stated once before, the SE have provided a lot of great athletes and I believe that there are many out there who are willing to go into sports its just the government or individuals making people have the interest..........sports is a money making venture with the right administrators......the Nigerian basketball team won for the first time gold and a chance to compete in the olympics....but the sad thing was the fact that most of the yoruba or igbo basketballers were born in the US......I want anambra state to be a pace setter when it comes to education and sports.......

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2015
Food for thought....

Someone bashed hausa/fulani with this writeup:

"Every continent has its unique culture. You go to Middle east you know this's arab territory,, You go to Asia you identify them with their dressing,language etc,,,,You go to Western countries you identify them with their dressing,language etc. Come to Africa esp Northern nigeria you get confused because the Black people there want to be arabs- they threw away all their culture to adopt the arab culture. They guard this new found identity with their lives.

The arabs don't wanna dress like Africans. Oyibo dnt wanna dress like us. They are very proud people. They guard their cultures jealously and keep modernising them. We Africans say no,we want to be like the Arabs,We want to be like the Americans. We want to be like the Asians. We love Brainwashing ourselves to please them? What a mighty shame"

Wake up Africans.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
Igbonazy:
Food for thought....

Someone bashed hausa/fulani with this writeup:

"Every continent has its unique culture. You go to Middle east you know this's arab territory,, You go to Asia you identify them with their dressing,language etc,,,,You go to Western countries you identify them with their dressing,language etc. Come to Africa esp Northern nigeria you get confused because the Black people there want to be arabs- they threw away all their culture to adopt the arab culture. They guard this new found identity with their lives.

The arabs don't wanna dress like Africans. Oyibo dnt wanna dress like us. They are very proud people. They guard their cultures jealously and keep modernising them. We Africans say no,we want to be like the Arabs,We want to be like the Americans. We want to be like the Asians. We love Brainwashing ourselves to please them? What a mighty shame"

Wake up Africans.
hian.....ara ga gba ndi ara

1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2015
The Anambra State Government will today Saturday 5th September, 2015 hold a memorial ceremony in honor of the late Professor Dora Nkem Akunyili, OFR, former Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration
and Control (NAFDAC) and Minister of Information and Communications.

As part of the memorial ceremony, the State Government will name the State Women Development Centre after Professor Akunyili in recognition of her sterling contributions and outstanding service to Anambra State and
Nigeria in general. The ceremony will also feature a concelebrated Holy Mass, a documentary on the life and times of the late Professor Dora Akunyili,
tributes by the academia, representatives of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria and some top government functionaries. His Excellency the Governor, Chief Willie Obiano will also use the occasion to unveil the plaque symbolizing the renaming of the State Women Development Centre after the late erudite Professor. Ndi Anambra both at home and in diaspora are by this announcement invited to the ceremony which will kick off at 10 am.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2015
An Excellent scholar

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2015
An Amazon, a real Mother

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 05, 2015
An Epitome of Beauty

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2015
So Patriotic and dedicated

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 05, 2015
The room became too small for the Awards

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2015
Even at the verge of death, she still smiled ... what a woman!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2015
Your memory will ever be fresh in our hearts Mummy. You deserve a national immortalization.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2015
RIP Ma.. is this program showing on TV?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2015
FreeGlobe:
RIP Ma.. is this program showing on TV?
I don't know if it'll be broadcasted live but it'll definitely be allover the news.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Live from Professor Dora Nkem Akunyili International Women Development Center, Awka

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 2:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Happening now in Awka, it is official.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rozayx5(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2015
chino11:
Shut up and get out from here you dunce because your input is not needed here. There are horrible and unpassable roads in imo state for you to worry about.- Owerri roads leading to Ph has completely cut off and I think that should be bothering you most. At least we still have the first niger bridge intact. You should be buried alive. Go to your useless and worthless imo state, you are not needed here, go and cry to Buhari to fix horrible roads in imo state, go and cry to Buhari to clear 11months salary arrears in imo state. Leave us alone because we have nothing in common with you and your worthless state.

[s][/s]

please ignore him
am from akwa ibom amd seeing progress in this thread gladdens my heart smiley
anambra is our brother

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2015
Amokachi wants Obuh booted out of FC IfeanyinUbah

A fresh crisis has rocked FC IfeanyiUbah after coach Daniel Amokachi demanded the dismissal of the club’s technical director John Obuh, insisting he has a replacement for the former Flying Eagles handler, AfricanFootball.com can report.

There has been no love lost since ex-Eagles assistant coach Amokachi replaced Obuh as coach of the Nnewi club and the hostility between the two coaches has now taken a new dimension with Amokachi’s insistence Obuh be fired.

AfricanFootball.com learnt Amokachi is uncomfortable with Obuh’s presence at the club and even believes he is sabotaging his efforts to ensure the big-spending club finish in the top-three bracket this season so as to play international football next year.

“It’s a major crisis and this has been worsened by the fact that the club owner Ifeanyi Ubah is away in the United States of America. The chairman of the club is now in the middle of this personality clash,” a top source informed AfricanFootball.com

“Daniel (Amokachi) has already succeeded in chasing out the assistant coach he met at the club and now he wants to see the back of Obuh.”

IfeanyiUbah crashed to a humiliating 4-0 loss at Enyimba on Wednesday and they are now 10th on the table with 38 points, 14 points adrift of leaders Enyimba.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Finally cheesy cheesy

http://247ureports.com/efcc-investigates-fraudulent-contracts-in-anambra-peter-obi-is-person-of-interest/

cc.. cuche

I have made attempts at reaching some men close to Obi to plead with him to secretly or if he desires openly return his loots (which were, by the way, massive both at State Level and at Federal level) to Anambra State Government.
Buhari, we all know is a vindictive being and irked by the "primitive" stealing will not spare any particularly those close associates of GEJ who were busy sharing the spoil behind him
The Constitution of Antigraft agencies as it were does not permit the return of confiscated property to the State of Origin (Anambra)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
obi needs to be probed. obiano should make available all the facts so that the probe will be speedy.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.