Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time (65872 Views)

(photos) Model With The Biggest Hips In Africa Releases New Photos / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer / MTV Africa Releases Their List Of Top 20 Greatest Naija Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
daxon001:
Wat do u mean.u concur wif d list because u don't know d art of singing.u're carried away wif all d 'worthless buzz' they(except african queen)got wen they wer released.i weep 4 our music.how can they flood their list wif dese songs dat lak substance? undecided
PS:afta d guys dance ridiculously and girls shake their baksides,wat next?
pls what are you doing on this page
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Orikinla(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
What of "Afro Juju" by Shina Peters in 1990.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fag5ItyoYp0
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by 50calibre(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by shobam1410(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
1. Olorioko by Infinity
2. Igwe by midmight crew
3. Arabaribiti by Chris Morgan
4. Testify by Elijah Oyelade
5. I know who I am by Sinach
and the rest

3 Likes

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Orikinla:

GOD BLESS YOU 1, 000 TIMES.
Amen.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by kuldude29(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
where is kukere - Iyanya
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by SirAweezy(m): 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Seriously.. Limpopo(it only lasted 3months on airwaves) and dami duro

Where is lagbaja's song?

I think the person that roll these out is sick. sad
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by PURPLETHU: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
MTV Base no be naija parole, why should we respect this list? id respect if if AIT, NTA, STV, WAZOBIA FM, SOUND CITY, or HIP TV Compiled this list, meanwhile, Are You In Lagos? Join The VOFN Lagos Online TOWNHALL Meeting Taking Place NOW by clicking here: http://www.vofnlagos. from 12pm to 3pm
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Orikinla: What of "Afro Juju" by Shina Peters in 1990.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fag5ItyoYp0
That song was a hit in the early 1990's. It's full of strong percussions and rhythm.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by timilehing(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Werrin Oliver twist dey do on that list??
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by dokunbam(m): 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
AreaFada2: .

The people smoke strong Ekiti/Ondo Igbo. The one with very large seeds! grin cheesy.

Can you imagine.

No Joly Papa by Rex Lawson, No African Soldier by Sunny Okosun.

Any list without at least 3 songs by Abami Eda including Zombie, Lady etc was compiled during a bout of serious collective hallucination.

Then none by Sunny Ade, No Orlando Owo, No Obey, No Uwaifo (Joromi, Guitar boy), No Osadebe, no Shina Peters, no Majek Fashek.......

Dem think say all of us na teenagers
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
omicron: How

I guess they mean BEST SONGS OF THE LAST DECADE

#long term memory loss everywhere

Don't mind them, 20 Greatest Nigeria Songs of "All Time" I think they should have said greatest Nigeria hip hop.
When we have great songs from Artists like:
Fela Anikulapo kuti
Funmi Adams
Christy Igbokwe
Ebenezer Obey
Sunny Ade
Haruna Ishola
Victor Olaiya, and so on...

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by daxon001(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pprovost:
pls what are you doing on this page
Wat a waste of time on ur part bro!.wen u could've just gone 2 goog--(U know d rest)and type d question.cool
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by idris4r83(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
searching by jezreel, area o by sound sultan need to b in the list or the list is fake
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Arva:
Weren't u born when the great hit love me jeje waz hitting da club.. tongue....ur grand dad and I danced together remember wink
Not Funny tongue angry
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by M4gunners: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
We only like love song bla bla song no one is talking to our Leaders among all the selected music on the list. Make dem go sit down jare.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ezelous: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Omo, that list is rubbish if the likes of Onyeka, king Sunny Ade, Christie Igbokwe, Funny Adams, Blackky,Shina Peters,etc ain't among. These are the true heroes of our musical heritage.
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by horlahmeelaykan(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
2 b honest,al songs in nigeria sang from 2010-date ar wat u cal trash.its only d beats dat boost it especially davido nd wizkid...yuck embarassed2
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ibmb: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tomis14: MTV Base Africa has released their 20 greatest Nigerian songs of all time.

Which song do you think is missing from the list?

Source:http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/mtv-africa-releases-names-of-9ja.html?m=0

I will never go with this list ..... Haba MTV pliz don't tell us what we know ...Even Olamide etc did not make a place on the list na wa for this list o!
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Tee99(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mode9 - cry,
Pretty & Junior - Bolanle,
Gino - no be god,
Eedris - Mr Lecturer
Eldee - I go yarn
Asa - Fire on the mountain
Ty Bello - Green
Sasha - Adara

#old school tinz
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Ziggyzito(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
4 tracks produced by don jazzy cool I want mo'hits again embarassed
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Lilimax(f): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
This MTV list get K-leg embarassed
Them no try at all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Ziggyzito(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Adikam: Dbanj,neato c &flavour should'nt be on that list...meanwhile one of FACE song should be there & NICE FT 2FACE street credibility also.wizkid songs can neva be evergreen wit dat childish lyrics but i think mtv african gateman arrange the list wit female cleanner.
didn't you see tuface there?? Why shouldn't d'banj be there? #hatersMustDie

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by jnrbayano(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oritz Wiliki, Mandators, Ras Kimono, Onyeka Onwenu, Fela, Osadebe, Christy Essien Igbokwe, Oliver D Coque, Bonga Sikwe, Majek Fashek and co....where are their music?
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by naijanoni(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Danfo drivers-Danfo driver
Daddy Showkey-Fire Fire
Tony Tetuilla-Hit my car
Lagbaja-Konko Bilo
African China-Ajegunle("They steal land o 4 inside ajegunle")
Styl Plus-Olufunmi
Eedris Abdul Karim-Mr Lecturer
Wierd MC-Ijoya

1 Like

Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by mandhip: 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ghost wetting
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Orikinla(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lilimax: This MTV list get K-leg embarassed
Them no try at all...
grin
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by ooliver: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
greggng: Kelly hansome. Maga don pay
Terry g. Crazy madness
Faze. Colomental
Timaya. Dem mama ye
Jazzman olofin. Raise the roof ft adewale ayuba
Nyaya kukere
Runtown ft davido. Galado
Tubaba iheneme
Wield mc ijo oya
Naeto c kini big deal

so right with Ijo Ya by weird MC..even my mama sing the song...lol
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by Amule5000us(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
lol! Dey wan start this Wiz Davido beef again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by UjSizzle(f): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
naptu2: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Fela - Army Arrangement?

Prince Nico Mbarga - Sweet Mother?

Kris Okotie - I Need Someone?

Dr. Alban - Hello Africa?

Stephen Osita Osadebe - Osondi Owendi?

Dr Victor Olaiya - Baby Jowo?

Dr Victor Olaiya - Omo Pupa?

Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson - Sawale? (There's even an ethiopian cover version of this song)

Sir Shina Peters - Shinamania?

Fela - Overtake Don Overtake Overtake (ODO)

Fela - Big Blind Country (BBC)?

Sonny Okosun - Mother And Child?

And so many others.
I don't even know those songs. How can they be All Time bests of Naija?

There must be a parameter for determining this. Maybe evergreen songs
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by paris10: 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
MTV Base are on some kind of medication. Why picking this generation of artists over the 90's, 80's or even 00 musicians?

How can a song like Oliver twist or Waje be on the list of the ' greatest African song?' Smh for MTV
Re: MTV Africa Releases List Of 20 Greatest Nigerian Songs Of All Time by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
It shld be "wat a tv station"
ismokeweed: Limpopo is among 20 greatest nigerian songs of all time? What a country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Omashola Kola Oburoh And His Son, Milan Play Together (Photos) / Actor, Daniel Uwadiae Is Dead (Photos) / Pictures Of Wizkid At Today’s EndSARS Protest In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.